• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Vampiric Secret ((xEmoBunnehx and Firetail606))

Destin allows himself to be pulled, tears in his eyes from this stranger's words to defend him. When she begins to laugh about Brady, he can't help the small chuckle that escapes his lips before he lowers his head, obviously embarrassed. "Yeah... He's needed to be hit for a long time..." He sniffles, glances up through his lashes at the girl. "And.. .Thank you. No one's ever stood up for me before." He gives a small, sad smile. "It really means a lot to me..."

Jade squeezes his hand a bit. "It's no problem, uh what's your name?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "I'm Jade." She said happily, glad that she may have made a friend on her first day, and maybe a few foes, but who cares? Not her. Jade eye's wander the boy before her a little bit then came to rest on his eyes, a smile still on her face as she was extremely happy, and could tell her rage was slowly dying.

Destin's eyes go wide in realization as he remembers that his introduction was interrupted by Brady.. "Oh, uh.. I'm Destin. Destin Howard." He gives a half smile, reaching up with his free hand to wipe away a couple tears which had escaped his eyes. "Um.. is there anything I can do to repay you for helping me? I don't really feel right letting you do all that, then just.. Well, nothing."

Jade thinks for a moment. "Hm.. well..you could be my friend." She said happily, then realized she was still holding his hand and let go. "You could also show me to my first period..I have no idea where I'm going. I'm new here ya know?" She said with a small chuckle and a slight blush.

Destin gives a half smile as he nods, not taking her friend comment to heart, as he figured she was just being nice. "Yeah, it's this way... They told me they gave you the same schedule I've got, so that means English is first." He keeps his head down as he starts walking through the hallways, not wanting to accidentally make eye contact with anyone.. They'll usually ignore him unless he looks at them..

Jade follows beside him, a smile on her face as she assumed the 'yeah' meant that he actually wanted to be friends with her. "So..Why do you want with you head down? Don't ya know that makes you look kinda like a sad puppy and like you don't mean business." She said, glancing over at him and instantly wishing to draw him as a sad chibi with puppy ears. Ill do that later. Then I'll give it to him! Maybe he'll cheer up?

Destin gives a half smile as he glances at Jade from the side. "If I don't look at people, they usually don't mess with me as bad... I learned the hard way, a couple years ago, that it's best not to give them even more motive to hurt me..."

Jade sighs and rolls her eyes. "Well..sometimes it's best to toughen up, trust me. That's why I don't care if I get into a fight. Let it happen. Also if I see another person bully you like that again, male, female, hell..whatever they are I'll kick their ass. It's not okay to bully someone regardless of who they are." She said firmly.

Destin's eyebrows pull together and he shakes his head, "You.. You don't have to do that. I've been through this for 6 years, I'm pretty much immune to the pain it causes, now." He shrugs, giving a weak half smile. "Besides.. They'll just turn it on you if you stick up for me too much more. It's already bad enough that you've got to be stuck with me for taking you to classes... They don't take kindly to people associating with me, around here.."

Jade shrugs. "No fucks are given. Your my friend now, and I take care of my friends." She said firmly once again, a cheeky smile crossing her face. "Besides Destin,I don't care to be a 'popular' kid. I'm a weirdo ya know? I also know what it's like to be in your position..I had bullies too..and they hurt me pretty bad..but one day..I beat them up and they disappeared from my life. I'm sure you don't really wanna hear the story, but I'm just saying I don't mind and I know what it's like to be in your position." She said, her smile fading a bit as she spoke true and honest words.

Destin nods slowly as he listens to Jade's story. "I'm sorry you went through that, but I'm not a violent person... And, I can't just become a violent person for no reason. I can handle it. I have handled it." He stops walking outside a classroom, gesturing toward it with a half smile, "This is the English room. Our first period."

Jade smiles a bit. "Thanks." She said then walked in, though the moment she did everyone seemed to look at her, though it didn't really bother her, she just shrugged it off and looked for a place to sit, which conveniently enough there was two seats in the back so she made her way back there and sat down then too her bag off, then patiently waited.

Destin pulls his brows together in concern as he watches Jade walk to the back of the room and sit in the seat right beside his assigned one. "She planned that somehow, didn't she?" He thinks to himself, letting out a silent sigh as he walks over and takes his own seat, setting his bag on the floor under his chair. Several people start whispering and pointing at him, while others whisper and point at the new girl, but for very different reasons. Others stay quiet, keeping to themselves to finish homework or whatever else.

Jade let's out a soft sigh as she hears various comments from males about her boobs and figure, to which she rolls her eyes. "Perverts.." She mumbles lowly so pretty much only Destin can hear her. Is all that matters to guys these days are my tits and figure? Like..can you not? Is it really that hard to find at least one guy who would like to get to know me and not my body? Shesh. She thought to herself, another eye roll escaping her, until the bell rang, making her jump a bit. "Uh..what was that for?" She whispered to Destin, as she had no idea what that bell meant at all.

Destin gives Jade a sympathetic look when he hears her singular word toward the perverted boys a few tables over. When he sees her become frightened by the bell he gives a soft smile. "That's the bell signaling that class is starting. It'll go off again when class is over, then two minutes before the next class begins, when it begins, when it ends, so on and so forth for the rest of the day."

Jade blushes lightly. "O-oh..I uh.. knew that..I was just checking to know if you did..." She said, trying her best not to look embarrassed but was clearly failing horribly. Smooth Jade.. realllll smooth...Idiot.

Destin chuckles, reaching up to cover his mouth before shaking his head at Jade. "It's alright if you didn't know. The Principal told me that you haven't been to public school in a long time. There's nothing to be embarrassed about." He then pulls out a pad of paper and a pencil. "Have you got pencil and paper? Mrs. Carson's class usually consists mostly of note taking, and work we've got to do on separate paper, out of the book. It's a pretty easy A so long as you actually take the notes, and at least try to do the book work."

Jade nods and gets out a pencil and some paper. "Yeah I got it, though I thought this was English..should we be doing like..English stuff?" She asked, her eybrow raising as she looked over at Destin.

Destin gives another sympathetic look as he nods, "This is English work... I don't know how it worked during home school, but this is how public school works.. We really only do book work and notes; in every class.."

Jade gives him a confused look. "Do we even discuss books or poetry..or anything hands on?" She asked as her eyebrows knitted together, as she had honestly believed that's what public school was like.

Destin shrugs, a saddened smile on his face. "Not really.. Maybe once or twice a year.." He lets out a silent sigh, "The school doesn't get much funding, and the teachers are only here for a paycheck.. They teach us to take tests, and nothing more."

Jade shakes her head a bit. "Wow. That's sad. So what would it take to change that?" She asked curiously, though before he could answer the teacher walked in and began class, making Jade turn back in her seat and begin copying notes from the board.

When the bell rings 47 minuets later to signal the end of class, Destin gives Jade a small smile. "We've got Modern History, next.. It's just down the hall, and all you need is your textbook and some paper and pencil, again.. Only a couple of our classes will you need anything else."

Jade nods and packs up her things before slinging her bag on her shoulder and standing up. "Sounds good. When do I get to go to Art and Music? Those are the classes I'm really looking forward too." She said, a small smile creeping onto her lips as she thought about those two classes.

Destin chuckles and smiles, "Same here... They're the only two I really like. Art is right after lunch, and Music is the last class of the day. Not too bad a line up. No matter how bad the day is, Music always makes it better." He stands and starts toward the door, waiting to make sure Jade was following him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back