• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Vampiric Secret ((xEmoBunnehx and Firetail606))

Jade let out a soft yawn, as she sat on a bar stool being the island in the kitchen at home. She'd only just woke up and was still rubbing eye 'boogers from the corners of her eyes as she waited on her father to come down and start breakfast. It was 5 in the morning on a Monday, and she still hadn't even bothered to get dressed yet or brush her hair out, which was plainly obvious since her dark red locks were strewn about atop her head and she was still wearing her pjs, which consisted of a black tank top and boxers that had cookie monster faces on them. The poor girl looked rough and extremely tired as she waited on her dad.

((Sorry about that sucky beginning, but meh muse is low xD ))

((Ish cool :P

Sorry for the reply taking so long, I was kinda caught up with cosplay last night. x3 ))

Destin wakes up to the sound of his father banging on his locked door. "Emily! Wake your ass up now!" The boy flinches at the name, tears already welling in his eyes as he climbs out of bed and walks to the door. He unlocks it and peeks out, raising his gaze to meet the one of his much taller, balding father. "I'm up, Dad.." The man scoffs, looking Destin up and down before walking away, muttering under his breath about how 'disgusting' his child is.

Destin lets out a saddened sigh, swallowing hard before he shuts the door and locks it once more, heading toward his en suite bathroom. He takes a quick shower, music blasting through his phone as he does.

Showers were always one of the hardest parts of the day for the young man... It was then he was forced to confront the parts of his body which don't fit, which make him uncomfortable. But he couldn't just ignore them.. It was both unhygienic, and unhealthy. So, for now, he'd just have to deal with it...

Within ten minutes his shower is done, and he gets out to dry off. He avoids looking into the full-wall mirror across from their shower as he wraps the towel around himself and walks to his bedroom again, picking out clothes for the day. It was only two months into the new school year, and he already had the urge to just skip.. Hell, he'd had the urge to skip since the first hour of the first day... People just don't even try to understand things that they, themselves aren't going through... It's sad, but true..

So, as he pulls his binder over his head and adjusts everything so that his chest appears flat, a small smile starts on his face. He pulls on a pair of dark blue boxers and the smile grows, a white t-shirt with checkered button-up shirt which he leaves open goes over that, then a pair of slightly-baggy blue jeans. It's only then that he heads toward the bathroom again, a huge smile on his face as his reflection is that of a male. He decides to leave his hair to air-dry as he walks out of the bathroom, unlocks his bedroom door, and heads down to the kitchen. Luckily his Mom isn't quite as bad as his Dad, in that she still happily provides for her son. Though, she still uses his birth-name, and female pronouns.. And whenever Destin brings up anything having to do with being transgender, or in any way a male, she just laughs as if it's a joke and talks over him to bring up another conversation...

Not the most ideal home life after being out completely for six years, but... It is what it is.

Only minutes later did Destin's younger sister, age of 5 come running down the stairs, dressed in a poofy pink dress, her blonde hair in pigtails with little pink ribbons in them. "Deeeee! Deee!!" She called to her brother as she ran right into him and hugged him tightly around the waist. Big bworder! Good mwornding!" She said, her words being muffed as her face was shoved into the hem of his shirt. Her name was Harmony, and she never really knew that Destin was girl, to her, she was always a he, as Harmony was born a year later and never knew. She also couldn't really pronounce his name right, so she called him Dee.

It was clear that Harmony had been up for a bit this morning, and was quite the happy girl, for once at this time in the morning.

Destin laughs as Harmony comes running down the stairs, and he hugs her back. "Good morning, cutie!" He picks her up, resting her on his hip as he starts toward the kitchen. "Ready for breakfast?" The moment they enter the kitchen, their mother turns and grins at her children. "Morning Harmony, Emily!" Destin cringes, giving his mother a pleading look. "Please, Mom... Destin... My name is Destin." She shakes her head, giving a laugh as she turns back to the stove, "Come now, Emily. Put your sister down and I'll serve breakfast." The boy lets out a sigh and nods, putting Emily down right beside the table, "Can you get into the chair yourself, kiddo?"

Cedric awakens to the sound of his daughter, Jade, up and about. He grumbles incoherently as he gets up, then walks downstairs and into the kitchen where she sits. "Morning, Jadie." He smirks at the little nickname, one he'd given her when she was just a little child. "Sleep well?"

Jade jumps slightly at her father, then giggles softly and smiles at him. "Morning daddy, and I'd say I slept pretty okay." She admitted with another yawn escaping her lips there at the end. "I'm just not used to being up this early." She added, a light blush appearing on her cheeks as she said this, knowing her father would tease her about the whole thing of her having to be up this early since she wanted to attend public school so bad.

Harmony nods and crawls into the chair then eagerly awaits breakfast, not even seeming to be phased by the name 'Emily' as she just thought it was her brother's middle name, or maybe her mommy's name, either way it didn't seem to bother her as she tapped the seat beside her, wanting her big brother to sit with her.

Cedric smirks and shakes his head. "Your fault, kiddo. You wanted to go to public school, you get to pay the price of waking up at the crack of dawn. Now, if you'd listened to Daddy and started working on a sleep schedule a couple months ago, it wouldn't be this bad." He walks forward, flicking her nose playfully, "But it's 'uncool' to listen to your parents, now. Isn't it?" He teases before faking a yawn and walking toward the fridge, "So.. What would my big girl like for breakfast today?"

Destin smiles to Harmony, sitting down beside her as he ruffles her hair. " Good job, Harmy." Their mother prepares two plates with pancakes, eggs, and bacon. One obviously more full than the other, and places them before either child. She then fills one glass with orange juice, and sets it in front of Destin, and a plastic cup for Harmony. "Now, your father has a meeting until late tonight, so he won't be home until tomorrow morning. Emily, could you please pick Harmony up from school this afternoon? I'll be home at the regular time, but Daddy won't." Destin nods, deciding to pick his battles, and ignore the use of the wrong name. "No problem, Mom.."

Jade rolls her eyes playfully. "Since when have I been one to follow the trend huh? I'm a weirdo just like you." She teased at him, a small giggle escaping her lips as she pointed to the coffee maker. "And well my dear servant I demand coffee. Then the worlds best french toast, some eggs and since I'm so awesome, bacon." She said, acting all high and mighty, as she was kind of enjoying this. It was the first time in a long time her father and her were both up so early, and he seemed to be taking her wanting to go to public school better now than when she brought it up.

Harmony smiled brightly. "Dee gets to pick me up!?" She said excitedly as she began to eat her breakfast, and quite quickly one might add, as she seemed to be in a rather hyper happy mood with every increasing moment. Harmony absolutely LOVED the days her big brother got to pick her up, because that meant they always snuck off for ice cream cones before coming home.

((moTHER EFFER I WAS LITERALLY GOING TO TYPE IN "So, Harmy... You wanna go for ice cream when I pick you up?" BUT FOR WHATEVER REASON DECIDED NOT TO

YOU BISH

STOP READING MY MIND

xD ))

Cedric narrows his eyes playfully, using a bit of his vampiric speed to basically appear in front of Jade, pinching her nose and shaking gently. "Now, don't get all high and mighty with me, little girl." he teases, chuckling when he lets go. Showing little things of his vampiric ability over the years had been something normal. And it wasn't anything Jade would've thought weirdly about, as it's just what she grew up with... Thankfully.

Regardless of his 'objection', he then walks over and starts on the breakfast she'd requested. "Now, don't forget.. I've got to leave for a business trip tonight, so I won't be able to pick you up from school. I'll leave the name and number of the hotel I'm staying at on the counter, you've got my cell number, and I'll also leave my boss's number. If you need anything you call and get a hold of me, okay? And if anything happens, you go to Mrs. Howard across the street, right?"

Destin smiles widely at his sister's excitement, eating his own food, but.. At a much slower pace. What his mother and father hadn't realized, was that for the past two years, their son has been struggling with Anorexia and bulimia... Though, he himself didn't too much recognize it either.

Once they're done eating breakfast, Destin's plate still 7/8 full, he looks at Harmony with a smile. "Well, Harmy.. Let's go get our stuff for school, yeah?"

"Or I could kick so serious butt.." Jade muttered but nodded anyways. "Yes daddy, but I don't think anything should happen. Then again..I'm a wild teen. Maybe I'll have a boy or or throw a party." She teased at him. "You know how this teen is." She laughed and shook her head at her own words as she rested her head in her hands. Her father has always been pretty laid back about her having the house to herself, as he was gone on business a lot sometimes, and by now her father should know the worst his 17 year old daughter could do was invade the snack drawers and watch Netflix all night, or perhaps Skype with an internet friend.

Harmony nods. "Okay." She says then looks over at her brothers plate and frowns a bit. "Dee..are you not hungry?" She asked, confused by the fact there was so much food left.

((x,x I have no idea how to do fractions soo..))

Imagine this as his plate

7_8ths_circ_gr_sm.gif
The green is where food still is, the white is what he's eaten.
Cedric simply rolls his eyes at his daughter's words, a smile still on his face as he finishes up the food. He prepares her a plate then pours a cup of coffee, fixing it with what she likes before taking both dishes to the table and setting them in front of her. "Yeah, that's right. You can have all the anime boys here you want, okay? Just be sure none of that 'harem' stuff gets on my table." In all actuality, Cedric didn't pay too close attention to what 'anime stuff' his daughter talked about.. It just seemed another teenage obsession to him which would pass, but he still goes along with it.

Destin smiles to Harmony and shakes his head. "Nope. I had a bunch of snacks last night." He chuckles then reaches out for the girl's hand. "Now, want me to help you get your school shoes on?"

Jade laughs and playfully rolls her eyes at her father. "Oh yeah dad. It's gonna be all over the table and in your room." She said with another laugh as she picked up her fork and began on the french toast, which as always, tasted amazing. "So daddy, on a more serious note, you did get the classes I requested put on my schedule right?" She asked between a mouth full of french toast. Jade seriously hoped the answer was yes, as she really wanted to be in the art and music classes. Both of them being something she held high in her life, as drawing always seemed to lessen her stress and music she found calming.

Harmony nods, the smile once again reap-rearing on her face. "Yes please! She said excitedly as she hopped don from her chair and grabbed Destin's had, pulling him into the living room to help her with her little pink strap shoes that she could never really figure out.

Cedric nods, "Yep. I don't know what order the classes will be in, but go to the front office where we first registered you and they'll give you your schedule. They also said that they gave you one identical to a kid who's been through the same school system since kindergarten ,so she'll be able to show you around. Is that alright?" He knows that his daughter used to be shy around new people, and wasn't totally sure how she was, now.. But he hoped she could handle all this, especially since he had the untimely trip tonight.

Destin laughs at his younger sister and follows her. He helps her put on her shoes, then quirks an eyebrow toward her, "Now, wanna help big brother with his?" He holds up his own black/grey tennis shoes, knowing how Harmony likes to try and tie them for him.

Jade nodded, a little nervous as she wasn't totally sure how public school might be, but then again she'd go by what her father once told her when she bullied forever ago by some boys that used to live across from them. 'Never let anyone think they're better than you Jade, because the're not. if you have bullies, stand up and fight them.' That was the day Cedric taught her just how ferocious she could be, that was also the day he took her out of public school. "Thank you daddy." She said happily, then finished up her breakfast and coffee, got up from the table and walk over to her father, and hugged him tightly. "I love you."

Harmony nods vigorously as she takes the shoes from him and points to a near by chair. "Sit." She demanded with a small giggle of excitement.

Cedric smiles, hugging his daughter back before kissing the top of her head. "I love you too, Jadie." He holds the hug for several seconds before pulling back and ruffling her hair gently. "Now, c'mon. We'll have to get going soon if I'm going to drive you for your first day."

Destin gives a little bow to his younger sister, "Yes, Ma'am. Of course, ma'am." he then sits in the chair, obediently putting his leg out in front of him so that she could do what she loved. From the time she was old enough to really, consciously do things, Destin had noticed Harmony doing whatever she could to help her older brother.. Maybe it was just a child's intuition of someone suffering, but... He adored her. From the time he found out his mother was pregnant, he has loved his little sibling, and would do anything for her. And she does the same for him, even if she can't do much.

Jade nods then looks down at her clothes then up at her dad. "Give me like.. 10 minutes." She said, more laughter coming from her as she was still in her pjs. Jade then turned from her father and ran up stairs to her bedroom, dressing quickly, brushing her hair, and putting on make up, inwardly glad her hair was naturally pin straight. Before leaving, she'd put on her messenger bag that had her favorite character Naruto on it, then put on the small native american choker necklace her father bought her a few years back. She'd then glance at herself in the mirror, nod at how 'normal she looked then left her room and went back down stairs to her father. "Told ya. 10 minutes. Flat." She said with a smirk.

Harmony got on her knees and started to put her brother's shoes on, her face being extremely concentrated when it came to the tying part, though she still managed to do it, and in record time of 10 minutes. "Well?" She asked Destin as she got off her knees and brushed off her dress, a huge smile plasted on her face as she looked into her brother's eyes.

((Jade's outfit:

6846102227e30210bff7a9136671e006.jpg

Cedric smiles at Jade as she comes down the stairs, and he nods to her approvingly. "Very good. Daddy's taught you well." He chuckles as he walks to the counter to pick up his car keys and cell phone, then starts toward the door. "You've got all your books in your bag, right? You don't want to bother the teachers on your first day.. Save that for the second." He winks playfully as he holds the door open for his daughter.

Once Harmony was through tying his shoes, Destin looks down at them, stroking an imaginary beard. "Hmm..." He narrows his eyes, "Hmmmmmmmm..." After about a minute of this, he reaches down suddenly and picks his sister up, spinning her around with a huge smile, "It's perfect, Harmy! You did such a wonderful job!"

Jade chuckles. "The worst they'll get from me today is a friendly smile and me paying attention." She said with another small chuckle as she headed toward the door. "But yeah. I got everything, and a little something extra." She said with a soft smile and pointed to the necklace he'd bought her. "I gotta have a piece of you to make it through the day." She teased, but inwardly knew that was a little true because of the fact that this was the first time in a long time she was going to a real school, and her father not going to be there made her nervous, but having the necklace on, she at least knew she'd have a piece of him to bring her comfort.

Harmony giggles wildly as she clings to her brother. "You really mean it?!" She said happily.

Cedric smiles, locking the door behind them before he pulls his daughter into a one-armed hug and kisses the top of her head as he walks down the stairs and toward the car. "Gaah... You know how much I love you, kiddo? So, so much. And you'll always have a piece of Daddy with you, because you're always in my heart, and I'm always in yours. Right?"

Destin nods, stopping his spinning and just settling Harmony on his hip. "I really do! You're getting so much better, Harmony!" He smiles widely, starting toward the front door. "Let's go wait in the car for Mommy, then?"

Jade giggles and nods. "Of course daddy. Always." She said happily as she walked along side her father, not giving a single care to the fact that she was a teenager walking with her father, or that he was hugging and kissing her. Jade was perfectly content with her life right now, and even though she was nervous about going back to school, she had hopes that today would be great, even though she'd miss her father when she got home. "Hey dad..when are you coming back home?" She asked, looking up at him.

Harmony nods. "Right! Carry me all the way?" She asked him, giving him a small pouty face as to help 'sell' the idea that she wanted to be carried.

Cedric looks down and gives Jade a sad smile at her question of his return. "I don't know, sweetie.. Not for sure.." When they reach the car he hits a button on his key remote and unlocks the doors. "It shouldn't be more than a week, though. I can promise that." He climbs into the driver's seat, inserting the key and starting the car. he hated the fact that he had to be gone for so long when jade was just starting high school, but... He couldn't delay the trip. He'd already tried, and they threatened to fire him..

Destin lets out an exaggerated sigh, "Fiiiiine." He then bounces as he walks toward the car, basically doing lunges all the way down the stairs, and across the driveway. Once they reach the car he unlocks the back seat and sets Harmony in her car seat. "Buckle yourself, kiddo?" He wonders with a smile before climbing in to the other side and buckling himself up.

Jade's smile saddens. "Well..maybe bring me back something cool yeah?" She asked before pulling away and opening the passenger side seat and getting in. Once in she bucked up and shut the car door then connect her phone to the radio so she could play some music. Her father never actually seemed to mind her music taste at all, in fact she thought he might like it, which made her heart painfully twist in her chest as she knew he wouldn't be in the car to sing along with her to the songs.

Harmony buckled herself up and eagerly looked to Destin. "Big bwoooderrr!" She said, trying to get his attention.

Cedric nods. "I will, sweet girl. Don't worry. And I'll call you every night that I'm away, okay?" He buckles up and puts the car into reverse, backing out of the driveway and starting down the street.

Destin smiles as he looks over at Harmony, "Yeah, kiddo?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back