• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Vampires.

I would be interested in...

• Adding points to the plot and help creating the RP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roleplaying.

• Both.

• Total voters

SweaterJane

I am okay with being okay.
I was thinking about doing a modern vampire RP.

No, by modern I do not mean anything along the lines of Twilight. I just wanted to get that in the clear before I had a thousand and a half people complaining about it.

The only thing is, I'm not totally sure what the story line should be. I know I want something to create action and conflict, and maybe small opportunities for slight romance. I need something that will keep the plot moving and the RP from dying. I'd rather there be at least four RPers participating as well. Posts should be at least two paragraphs (4-5 sentences per paragraph) and well written.

So, what I was wondering was if anybody would like to throw some ideas into this thread and together, we can come up with a kick-ass RP.

Any takers?
:)

A violent vampire, aka mine, trying to accustom herself to a nonviolent group of vampires ways? Not a very good idea but it's the first thing that came to mind. Sorry.

Aigou said:
A violent vampire, aka mine, trying to accustom herself to a nonviolent group of vampires ways? Not a very good idea but it's the first thing that came to mind. Sorry.
Nononono, don't be sorry! I think you could be onto something.

I like the idea of vampires trying to become non-violent, but instincts would always be an issue for them. What if there were a group of vampires recently released from a tomb, dungeon, graves or something into the twenty first century and they began to feed as one hungry, blood craving vampire would after several centuries of being locked up. But, there could be vampires already existing in this century (maybe those who put said "tomb-vamps" into the tomb???) who have worked so hard to become non-violent and feeding on other things than humans. Maybe these groups could get into a war or something? Idk, but I really enjoy the idea of what you suggested but I feel like we have to expand and make it so that anyone could be evil or good depending on their preference! :D

Wildthings said:
I like the idea of vampires trying to become non-violent, but instincts would always be an issue for them. What if there were a group of vampires recently released from a tomb, dungeon, graves or something into the twenty first century and they began to feed as one hungry, blood craving vampire would after several centuries of being locked up. But, there could be vampires already existing in this century (maybe those who put said "tomb-vamps" into the tomb???) who have worked so hard to become non-violent and feeding on other things than humans. Maybe these groups could get into a war or something? Idk, but I really enjoy the idea of what you suggested but I feel like we have to expand and make it so that anyone could be evil or good depending on their preference! :D
Ooh that sounds like a good idea! I could definitely see my vampire being forced to go to the vampire equivalent of jail, she's extremely violent. Perhaps they try to detain her in the middle of her feeding frenzy?

Aigou said:
Ooh that sounds like a good idea! I could definitely see my vampire being forced to go to the vampire equivalent of jail, she's extremely violent. Perhaps they try to detain her in the middle of her feeding frenzy?
Maybe!

A core aspect to Vampire the Requiem is coming to terms with "the Beast", the internalised base desires of the id, such as blood lust. In other words, self-control and what it means to be a vampire in the Danse Macabre.

Bardiel said:
A core aspect to Vampire the Requiem is coming to terms with "the Beast", the internalised base desires of the id, such as blood lust. In other words, self-control and what it means to be a vampire in the Danse Macabre.
I was reading up on it. It seems rad~

I was also coming to strongly recommend Requiem, but I see Bardiel beat me to it.

If anyone wants to give that a try in future, I'll probably be running it early next year.

Good luck! Maybe once you've got a clear mythology I'll pop back to offer plot points/NPCs.

Hey, I would love to join! But here's a idea I guess which is written in my character's perspective: 'So, it's the modern day, us vampires are disgusted by the movies and tv shows showing that us vampires are bad! Well, we may be only because those humans don't trust us. Well, they are two types of vampires; the Fallens, that my clan. We only drink animal bloods and friends with humans unlike the Sinners; they're the vampire who are disgusted by humans and want to destroy them. I fear that it going to end up as a war, only blind to the humans until it's too late...." There! What do you think?

SweaterJane said:
I was thinking about doing a modern vampire RP.

No, by modern I do not mean anything along the lines of Twilight. I just wanted to get that in the clear before I had a thousand and a half people complaining about it.

The only thing is, I'm not totally sure what the story line should be. I know I want something to create action and conflict, and maybe small opportunities for slight romance. I need something that will keep the plot moving and the RP from dying. I'd rather there be at least four RPers participating as well. Posts should be at least two paragraphs (4-5 sentences per paragraph) and well written.

So, what I was wondering was if anybody would like to throw some ideas into this thread and together, we can come up with a kick-ass RP.

Any takers?
:)
Me if its not to late? :)

I'm definitely interested. It would funny to have a sort of dark comedy tone to the whole thing If we go with the "waking up from a hundred year slumber" concept. I like the idea of a bunch of classical, Bram Stoker's Dracula-esque vampires dealing with a modern culture that doesn't fear their kind like they once did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back