• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

[Vampire the Requiem 2E] Ashes, Ashes, That's All There is to Eat

Karl awakes and comes out of his chambers with scowl at the destruction.

"By all the fucking dark powers..." He grumbles as he picks through the debris of ruined items. He was pissed to say the very least and not at all happy about the mayhem. He pulls out his phone to call a few of the cult subordinates informing them of the need for clean up this evening.

"Fucking freeloader wrecks the place and then runs," Karl growls trying to keep his Beast in line. He adjusts his new tie, having just showered and applied cologne as usual to help conceal his vampiric nature better. He sees Dante and still looks a bit pissed but clearly not towards him.

"Whatever takes my mind off this nonsense," Karl replies to Dante as he continues to try to keep his temper in check.

Dante nods at Karl.

"Send a bill for the repairs to me. Let's go and get something accomplished."

A horn honks outside, and Dante makes his way to the car.

Alec finishes up helping Eileen with her homework  (1 success) and heads downstairs with a "Don't stay up past 10"

"Hey guys.... what happened down here?"

Gestures are made toward the debris.

"Ah, the luxury of paranoia," Karl just smiles as he walks on happily at that thought. He had little shame in enjoying being driven around since it let his mind wander and focus on other subjects. 

The trio arrive at the warehouse from the night before in a timely fashion, and are quickly joined by their neighbors' coterie. Lucretia steps forwards and begins, 'I got the fire department info you wanted.  Here."  She hands you a folder.

(Inside are a collection of maps and reports on the fires, when you have 10-20 minutes free, you can roll int + streetwise or investigation. Tools can add to this)

Darren arrives at the Ordo chapter house.  He makes his way inside and schedules a meeting with Victor. Moments later, Victor greets him in his office.  "Darren, good to see you.  I take it you enjoyed your night off?"

Dante will happily take the folder, and slowly peer through it while speaking to the fellow coterie.

(Rolled 1 success to peer through it will read it more later.)

"Great. Thank you Lucreatia. Glad to see you guys are safe. Has anything new developed yet? Any more of ours killed? Or possibly reports of attacks? Also did you happen to come across the names of the previous victums?"

Dante will stop looking through the files to stare into Lucretia'so eyes when he finished with his continously questions. He then hands the files to Karl.

"It was a very long and eventful night, Master. I'm STILL tired." (Darren shares the nights events with Victor).                              

"Do you happen to have a doll laying around? I'm starting to feel a bit famished. And I was wondering if you'd be willing, as my teacher and mentor, to grant me knowledge of the use of Suikast, the abilities of the Turkish dragonslayers."                        

Lucretia looks confused.  "No, it's been one day... The last ones happened weeks apart... The previous victims are in the folder.  Anything else?"

Victor looks at Darren confused.  "Pardon? Oh, no, I don't have any blood dolls floating around."

"Well, that's a shame. But, what about Suikast? I don't need to learn right now, I'd just like to see if there would be a possibility of that at some point. I've heard the stories about what it can do."

"I... oh, that's not a coil, it's a discipline.  Ah. I'm afraid not, kindred can't learn the disciplines of some bloodlines save through diablere.  I trust you won't hunt down a member of such a bloodline merely to learn a discipline of the blood."  Victor shuffles around the papers on his desk before finding the one he wanted. "However, it appears that you've progressed enough in your studies to progress to the next Coil of the Wyrm, should you wish to pursue such."

"I am ready. Mastery of my Coil is the first step to Ascendence."

"While I understand the info is vital, you have made sure to announce the very possible murderer to the court, yes?"

Alec is reading the names of the victims

"While I don't particularly like 'everyone' there, I will say that this is a big threat. Wouldn't want a slip up on some kindreds part" a look at Lucretia "unless you believe that this information would cause them to panic, or to, say, try to take advantage of these findings?"

Darren will make his way to Elysium via the usual means after his meeting with Victor and find the harpy. "1 major to Alec, the tall one. 1 major to Karl, Alec's friend, and 1 trivial to Dante Verelli. And one to yourself if you shoot a text to them and inform them." Darren will pass him a slip of paper with Alec and Dante's numbers on it.

"I tried telling the sheriff.  He told me to deal with it.  The court doesn't give a fuck."

Tom shifts on her feet, swaying from side to side.  "Why would the lion concern itself with the mosquitoes' problems?  It is the same."

You all get a text from a member of the court about boons.

Dante will look at then all, serious but sly grin comes over his face.

"Something that most of out kind do not understand, is when something effects one of us. It effects all of us. Though it maybe low members on the pole that are being attacked. What's going to happen when it's the sheriff that gets attacked? Will the court focus on it then? Probably not, to much concern about who would be his replacement."

Begins to slowly pace around the room.

"Maybe, these things are of bigger concern to the court then you are lead to believe. If memory serves the Sheriff seemed to show concern when we brought these happenings to his attention previously. Maybe not public concern, but it was there."

(3 Successes to persuade the urgency of this matter and how it could be worse if not taken care of.)

"Mosquitos seem to be of no concern to the Lion, till all themployees Lions lay sick and dieing because of the bite of a mosquito."

(Spend for blush)

Darren will make his way to the meeting spot and hang around outside, make sure no one is watching, and climb up on top of the building to keep a look out and search for any unwanted visitors. (Obfuscate 1)

3 successes Investigation

Last edited by a moderator:
"He told me to deal with it.  Are you saying he doesn't trust me to handle it on my own?" Lucretia glowers at you all.

Sam speaks up, "I think it might be a good  idea for y'all to check that info.  Give us some room to deal with our problems, you deal with them."

Darren looks around for trouble (it should be wits + composure, but I'm not gonna make you reroll).  He spots a couple of bums hanging around a garbage fire, roasting something on wooden sticks in an alley opposite the warehouse.  He notices several pedestrians clutching things in their pockets as they wander close to him.  Finally, he sees a red door set inside a brick building across from the homeless barbecue-ers.

Darren will continue to survey the area until the others exit the building.

Dante will look at the others.

"Don't mistake my words, all I mean is we all need to look out for one another. But, Fair enough. We will keep you in the loop with whatever we find."

Dante will turn and begin to take his leave.

Seeing Dante exit the building, Darren will make his way down the building and stand nearby in the shadows, keeping watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back