• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vampire The Masquerade: Royal Shadows (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Darrian_Gabriel

Sicarii Assassin
royal shadows.png

The halls of the Computer Technology building located on the northern most campus of the prestigious Dexter-Ward University were mostly empty as most classes had let out for the day. Nightfall was still fresh as it was only about an hour or two past twilight. Jason Aguilera milled outside one of the main hallways, dressed in a green jumpsuit and ball cap in addition to a blue tooth headset attached to his ears. He pushed around a small cart containing some brooms, mops and two trash bins. He was indistinguishable from any of the main custodial staff, but that was kind of the point as he was operating under cover. Under the main cart, lay a large black duffel bag which contained all his main "equipment". As he passed one of the main computer labs, he read one of the name plates to the side panels of the head entrance.

"Professor Casey Moore, Computer Laboratory Director..."
he said, speaking into the headset in a hushed voice.

"That's her..." said the voice on the other end of the call.

"There are two women in the lab. My guess is they're the last two before lock up. One of em' has gotta be Moore." says Jason.

"Wait for you que Jason. You gotta make sure you get the right one."

"This ain't my first stakeout Father, I know what I'm doin." says Jason as he makes his way to the other side of the hallway in a strategic vantage point to where he was able to view everything inside the computer lab, including the movements of the two women.

"You should've brought back up." says Father Emmanuel Carns through the headset.

"Don't you worry none Father, I'm a big boy. Besides, I'll be back in Royal Haven by morning."

"This isn't just any Kindred, Jason. Moore is a high ranking Tremere, definitely not one of your run of the mill vampires."

"Tremere, Giovanni, Ventrue...it's all the goddamn same. A vampire is a vampire. Once you've met one, you've pretty much met em' all."

"Hardly...anyway, have you had any contact with Drake?"

"Funny you should ask, I actually have a meeting with him tomorrow night."

"Oh?"

"He's run down some leads on a few Garou that may be congregating in the marshes just outside of Royal Haven."

"The Coronation is set take place exactly one week from tonight. You should be focusing squarely on that, not wasting your time trying to carouse some flea bitten werewolves to your side."

"Why do you think I'm out here Father, and besides, I was always good at multi tasking. If we're gonna hit these fuckers, we gotta go at them with everything we got. Chase down every lead we can. Stop worrying, you know I can handle it."

"What did the good Lord always say? Pride comes before the fall."

Jason smirks "Mine or theirs?"

"You know what I mean goddamit!" says Father Carns as one of the women inside the lab heads for the exit.

"Good night Professor Moore, I'll see you tomorrow! " says the young woman as she heads out into the hallway, gingerly walking past Jason as he sweeps a broom across the floor.

He looks back at the young woman and speaks into the headset "Thou shall not take the Lord's name in vain Father, but I gotta go. Duty calls and all that." he says sarcastically as he abruptly hangs up. Still fixating on the young lady as she makes her way down the hallway, Jason narrows his eyes like a hyena sizing up a meal "God it would be so easy." he says slowly breaking his gaze as the woman exits the building. In his prior life, before he was Ghouled by his love Cassidy, the young lady would have been a prime target for Jason. As a clinical psychopath, he was born with a predatory nature already in his blood. But lucky for the rest of his fellow humans, hunting people didn't carry near the same degree of exhilaration that hunting vampires did. Compared to The Kindred, ordinary humans presented no challenge. His thoughts returning to the task at hand, Jason looks over at the other woman still inside the lab and a sadistic grin crosses his face "Play time." he says, grabbing the large duffel bag under his cart. He throws on a motorcycle jacket and retrieves a large shot gun from the bag and stealthily creeps inside the lab, careful to not let Moore sense his movements.

As the Professor moves about the interior, she goes over to check some computer monitors and sits down at one of the desks. Jason seizes his chance as he silently approaches from behind. Without making a sound, he slowly presses the barrel of the shot gun against the back of Moore's head "We're gonna take this nice and slow bloodsucker..." he says in a low voice as he casually lays an intricate device right next to where Moore is seated. The contraption contains several wires and two blinking red lights on it's face. "Here's how this is gonna work vampire, that's a pulse rigged Xantax Micro Nuclear I.E.D. linked directly to my rhythmic heart rate. If my heart speeds up or slows down to within a millimeter of dangerous perimeters that bomb goes off with enough explosive power to level this entire fucking building plus the two right next door. Not to mention I have solar retro fitted buck shot pressed to the back of your skull. If you so much as even blink the wrong way, I'm gonna fucking spray your undead brains on this wall so much it'll look like kindergarten finger paint. I just have a few little questions about your little Camarilla buddies. Nod if you understand..."

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie SirNateUnknown SirNateUnknown Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian D. Rex D. Rex

Cases after cases, These days he wouldn't mind having a huge load of work to return to. But to be honest, this one night felt eerie. Years and centuries he went through trying his best to co-exist with the living, having to put a prosthetic over his forehead to avoid drawing attention. With a cigarette between his fingertips brought him no sense of relief yet it was comforting to hold onto a reminder thst he was once alive.

Though as the world fell asleep, rumors of kindreds getting murdered left and right had him troubled. He could not understand, were those kindreds connected somehow or was it all just a big mess? Taking another hit on the cigar. He blew the smoke into the open wind from his office, clicking his tongue and snuffed the fire out from the tip of the ashes into the ashtray.

Turning the chair around, he sat down and began sifting through the stacks of files that lay on his desk. One by one he categorized them till he stopped at a peculiar one, why if it isn't a fellow kindred going missing. flipping through the pages, there was not much information about them. However seeing that those rumors had been talkative lately, he could only assume that the kindred he is searching for is already too far gone.

Throwing the folder back onto the desk, he turned the chair around and gaze at the window. Should he try venturing out tonight? Couldn't hurt after all, might as well do some work while the sun is out. Rising up from his seat, Zach took his coat and slid into it before he exited the door. Shoving his hands inside his pockets, he walked down the empty streets and kept his head down. He isn't sure if it is only him, but tonight the air smells like blood and he isnt sure who's. Perhaps only time can tell him, for now he needed to take a look at a certain place and whatever secret it may hold for him.

Casey finishes up her last class of the evening, this particular one is teaching computer networking to the various students. As she lectures, one hand idly adjusts her glasses while using her laptop to show her Power Point presentation. As she finishes up her day's lecture, there is usually a student or two that stays behind, asking Casey questions about the day's assignment. This time, it is only one, a perky co-ed that is inquiring about sub-netting.

With her questions answered, the vampire busies herself with putting her things away when she is suddenly confronted by the threat of havig her head blown off, if she is not otherwise blown up by some crazy man claiming to have a micro nuke in his pocket. Keeping still, her mind races. He knows, or at least suspects that I'm a vampire, and has come prepared for that. Lets take things slow, and see what develops.

Without turning around, she says, "Really? A nuclear weapon? Some simple C4 not good enough for you as a suicide bomb? What is it that you want?"

R (4).jpg
Royal Haven, Present Day...

Sixty One year old Father Emmanuel Carns, walks steadily down one of the lofty halls of St. Katrina's Cathedral located just downtown of Royal Haven's business district. For a man in his early sixties, Father Carns was an incredibly fit and imposing man, standing about 6'5 in height. His hair was slightly graying but otherwise sported a full head, cropped short, his face clean shaven. On the way to his office, he is stopped by an older nun named Sister Florence.

"Excellent sermon tonight Father. I think that message really resonated with the parishioners." says Sister Florence.

"All glory be unto the Lord Sister. I just deliver the Word as I feel He guides me." says Carns.

"Of course Father, I'll see you tomorrow at morning prayer. Good night."

"Good night to you too Sister." says Carns as he casually enters his office.

As the priest enters his dark office, he immediately senses a presence just to his side. A pair of luminescent eyes peer through the blackness, menacing and un-Earthly. In a split second, Carns squeezes his right fist ever so slightly as a small and shiny handgun outfitted with two electronic sensors, suddenly drops into his hand from out of his sleeve. Carns points the weapon into the darkness, the gun's bright laser sight focusing squarely between the two glowing eyes. The figure attached to the eyes, slowly emerges from the darkness revealing a tall, lanky and monstrous looking Nosferatu. Bald headed, a grizzled beard hanging from it's emaciated jawline.

"Dammit Drake, you could knock for once in your life." says Carns as he lowers his weapon and places it back up his sleeve in it's hidden holster.

"Hello Emmanuel, it's been quite awhile. Do you happen to know where Jason is?" asks Drake in a calm tone walking in a nonchalant manner past the priest and further into the office.

"He's running down a lead near New Orleans. A Tremere who might have high ties within The Camarilla. He should be back in the city tomorrow sometime. He told me he had a meeting with you." says Carns.

"Yes he does, but I felt it urgent to speak with him tonight. Another prominent disappearance was reported just last night, this time a notable Keeper Of Elysium within the Royal Haven Court. I assume you know of what Jason's unruly rabble has been up to?" asks Drake.

Carns takes in a deep breath of disapproval "Yes I know."

"Than we have a problem." says Drake as he suddenly whirls around and lunges for Carns.

The priest is caught completely off guard as Drake lifts him up like a rag doll, slamming the man against the far wall and pinning him back, the Nosferatu's grotesque talons tightly wrapped around Carns' throat "Now listen to me closely Kine. This has gotten out of control and I will no longer be an accomplice in this farce! Jason's back alley thugs have gone too far and someone better get these rabid dogs under control or else else I will! Now I'll admit he's trained them well, but they've crossed the line!"

Carns' own training as a Hunter becomes evident as he this time squeezes his left fist, releasing a stun gun like weapon from out of his sleeve that also drops into his hand. Before Drake can react, Carns jams the device into the vampire's chest, sending powerful volts of electricity surging through the creature's body. The flashes of energy glowing with a bright ultra violet hue. This causes Drake to stammer back, releasing Carns in the process. The priest gives the vampire no time to recover and delivers a powerful kick to Drake's stomach causing the vampire to double over. Carns than jams the stun weapon under Drake's chin and holds it there as surges of solar irradiated energy course through the vampire's body unchecked, causing the Nosferatu to violently convulse as he's literally being cooked where he stands. Finally after several seconds of this, Carns relents and pulls the weapon away, while Drake collapses to the ground, his undead flesh smoldering and bubbling on the floor. Carns once again releases his pistol from it's hidden sleeve holster and forcefully presses the barrel against Drake's forehead.

"I've always held respect for you Drake! By God, it was twenty years ago that I had you in this exact same position with sunlight literally pouring through those blinds. You keep underestimating me! I've hunted your accursed kind ever since I was fifteen years old. I could've killed you back than, but I didn't! I chose to rely on my faith and do as the Lord would...to show mercy in the face of my enemy, and this is how you repay me? I've known you for a long time Drake, but make no mistake, you push me far enough and I will not hesitate to grant you Final Death!"

Drake responds simply with a gnarled grin through his crooked fangs "How do you do that?"

Carns narrows his eyes as he pauses, not expecting that answer at all "What?" he says confused.

"How do get all that stuff to just pop out of your sleeve like that?" Drake says letting out a jovial but throaty like chuckle.

This gets Carns to respond with a reciprocal laugh and soon both Hunter and Vampire are sharing a hearty chuckle. After a few moments, Carns removes the pistol from Drake's forehead and heaves the vampire back onto his feet, his boils and burns already beginning to heal from Carns' assault "Alright Drake what's this all about?"

"Exactly what I said. Someone's got to reign all this in. This whole thing has gotten out of control Emmanuel and you know it." says Drake.

"I agree, and I'm working on it, but you know Jason, he's far to impulsive. You know as well I do that he won't listen to either of us. He's got this insane plan to try and make a pact with The Garou, it's madness."

"No but seriously, how do you manage to fit all that crap in your sleeves? That's some serious James Bond shit you've got going...and what was that anyway, some kind of solar taser?" asks Drake.

Carns lets out another chuckle as he opens his black frock to reveal an impressive array of body armor and hidden weapons "High powered stun rod outfitted with a UV power cell and these are Pressure Actuated holsters. They're calibrated to my wrist muscles. Just give a little squeeze in the right direction, they pop right loose." he says as he demonstrates "Just some of the perks of having your nephew as the chief of police."

"...and is this what those thugs are also armed with? What do they call themselves, The Ra-Ahau?" says Drake, dead seriousness returning to his voice.

Carns takes another deep breath "It'll be handled."

"He's started a cult, you do know that right Emmanuel? They're just as crazed and dangerous as any Kindred they claim to hunt, I hope you realize that." says Drake.

Carns doesn't answer and just slightly hangs his head in acknowledgment that Drake is right as the vampire walks past him "I'll tell you this much, if I find one of them, may God have mercy on them because I won't. Given enough time, The Camarilla will trace all this directly back to not only you, but me as well." says Drake.

"What do you care about The Camarilla?"

"I don't! I care about other Nosferatu who will be caught in the crossfire. Neonates who never asked for any of this and as an Elder I'm responsible for them! Just as I was once responsible for my Jacob." says Drake as he opens the shutters and climbs on the window sill. As he crouches down a look of regret crosses his face "Forgive me my friend, I had no right to attack you the way that I did. It's just I've been under a great deal of stress, not to mention Jacob's birthday is tomorrow night."

"I understand Drake, the pangs of grief can make us all irrational at times. I have no children of my own but I can't begin to imagine losing a son the way that you did. Fighting for the birth of our country no less. Jacob died as a hero and patriot, Drake. That's more than reason to be proud."

"You know you'd think that the passage of over two hundred and fifty years since he was taken on the battlefield would dull the pain...but it hasn't. Everyday is just as unbearable as the last." says Drake.

"You know I would tell you to attend one of the Church's grief counseling sessions but..." says Carns as Drake immediately shoots him an bewildered and annoyed stare "Right, forget I said anything."

"I'll be in touch Father..." says Drake as he leaps from the window, disappearing into the night below.

Carns shuts the window panes after Drake "So will I..."

Deunan can feel her mouth start to water as the waiter brings her plate to the table. The aroma of the rare steak caresses her nose like a long-lost lover, making her smile. She looks up at the waiter and manages to remember her manners, saying, "Thank you!" Then she grabs the knife and fork and begins to tear into the ribeye with gusto. Through a mouthful of meat, Deunan says to Rudolph, "You sure your info on this place is solid? I'd hate to show up all Chrinos'd out and ready for a fight and discover that this law office is not affiliated with Penax after all."

D. Rex D. Rex

Each footsteps echoed through the cold night, in the middle of large skyscrapers towering over him. The dim street lights did nothing but remind That centuries have passed, to what end does he survive for. He knows not, but the moonlight glimmer lightly upon his eyes. He parted those pale lips, "May The Lord guide my soul." he mumbled under his breath.

Sighing as he knows not the purpose of what befalls him, He will aid others to the best of his abilities but he became lost as he had led a life untrue to himself. The wind brushing agaisnt his hair and the small pebbles tumbling forth, he followed it without a rhyme or reason. It guided him through the few mortals that roamed the district, This was the business district that he had entered. A tad far from his office, but not a bad place to be in.

A few shops were still open, Filled with some antiques and trinkets he would not find useful. While the scent of human blood intrudes his nostrils, matters not to him as he feeds on the same animals of a mortal's meal. The only difference was that he only take it's blood, which he needed to specially order sometimes now that he live in the city. Wandering further down the road, the pebble stopped on the bottom of the stair leading to the cathedral.

Staring at the large structure, he reached to the cross on his necklace and held it between his fingers. Perhaps it was time to pray once more, as he crossed the streets and climbed up the stairs. Entering the cathedral and for once he felt peace, as it reminded him of the church that he grew up in. A bit more modern indeed but it still held the ancient architecture to an extent that gave him nostalgia. He took a look around calmly, burning small details into his mind.

Before ending up at the front row and taking a seat before the altar, Sliding the necklace off his neck. He wrapped it around his palm and began to pray. "I will bless the lord who has counseled me, indeed, my mind instructs me in the night. Lead me in your truth, teach me, for you are the god of my salvation; For you I wait all day. I beseech you to guide me through this troubling times and may a brother or sister of my kind would lend me their aid or contain my secrets." The man continued, mumbling under his breath. Pouring the contents of his heart to the faith he holds, unaware that the place alone held a mortal who knew of the masquerade.

Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel

Last edited:
On this hallowed ground in this hollowed place, lurked a creature of night and decades. A derelict Church on the edge of Royal Haven, once bustled with settlers and newly-converted, now condemned with gnarled wood. Derelict, but not abandoned. The crypt is his home and place of work, while upper levels are the place for when he retires for the remainder of the night before slumber. His routine having been solidified for years now. He even dispenses sermons to a cavalcade of empty pews. He finds that it brings a sense of normalcy into his unholy unlife.

Alas today is not a day for rest. The priest ambled through the halls, inspecting nooks and crannies for signs of compromise. His vestments flowed in tandem with each step. Black as pitch matching the shadowed corridors. Clawed hands dig into his wrist, a form of self-flagellation for sins passed and yet to arrive. Another set digs out a crooked, cracked key. He inserts the key and twists it gently, not wishing to prematurely extirpate it. The door yawns with age and decay, his steps tip tap down the stone stairway.

A gnarled oak table sits illuminated by twin lanterns, their flames bouncing against the glass in an almost harmonious fashion. The table had the purpose of a physician's examination table, coming appropriate with leather straps to bind any being to the surface. Times were that he utilised this contraption in his nocturnal services. One should not be surprised at the amount of facial reconstruction requests, yet the creature is never not astounded. In return for his services, the compensation is blood packs. Though in times of drought, he feasts gently upon whatever animal is closest, taking care it is not too sickly or weak. He found new appreciation for the neck of man's best friend.

For the passed few months, he had managed to squeeze information out of the mechanical box which projects people onto a tiny mirror. And word of mouth from his regular customers. Apparently violent actions have exacerbated a power struggle within the Kindred's stranglehold on this city coupled with a mysterious vampiric hunter that seeks their elimination. His fanged teeth sunk into a parcel of blood as the tiny screen illuminated his featureless head carapace, it flares with spines to the side and two sets of two chiropteran ear formations. Not truly enveloped with his content, his mind weighed whether he should depart from his billet and investigate these occurrences first hand. The last drop was sucked into his esophagus and pointed tongue wiped the crimson droplets away from his lipless maw. He propped up the mirror in which he uses to allow clientele to judge his work, his obfuscated eyes gazed into this horrific form that he has taken. A form of self-penitence that is what he tells himself: he is no longer man so he should not take the form of man, that is a luxury that he denies himself despite his immense gift of fleshcrafting. Or perhaps he is deluding himself into believing that he is not slipping into that carnal desire deep inside him, that this form is simply an outwardly expression of decaying mental fortitude. Whatever the case, this form would not be suitable for societal endeavours. Best to stick to the towering shadows.

With haste, he departed the crypt but not before turning around and prostrating himself before the Lord. Hands gripped his mouth, forming a set of lips that vaguely resembled his own. While his mouth gaped and ah'ing to test the shifting vocal cords so they adopt the appropriate pitch. Satisfied, his hands fold together and his heart submits.

"Father, you gave your only son to die on the cross so that I can be saved. You’ve promised to be with me in all circumstances. What else won’t you do for me? My trying moments are nothing before you because I have overcome them already by faith. You are my strength. You are a faithful Father. My heart rejoices in your love. Amen."

The prayer has been said and with renewed spirits, the Priest leaves his abode to investigate the root of this escalatory barbarity.

"Really? A nuclear weapon? Some simple C4 not good enough for you as a suicide bomb? What is it that you want?"

Jason smirked slightly at this comment. While it's true that the device was a Xantax rigged explosive that was set to go off in accordance to his heart rhythms...he may have exaggerated it's destructive potential, like a lot. It was powerful enough to maybe take out the room they were in and not much else, but than again, she didn't need to know that. The Hunter slowly turns Moore around in her chair so that she was now facing him, the barrel of the shot gun still bearing down at point blank range.

"We're just gonna play a little game of Q&A, and depending on your answers, I'll decide whether or not I want to blow a hole in your skull like a cheap pinat'a." says Jason as he cocks the under slide of the weapon for dramatic effect "Now let's start with the name Gabriella Ivanko. Here's what I know so far. She's a Toreador, she's got a net worth of over five billion dollars and she's set to be coronated the next Camarilla Prince of Royal Haven in seven days. Now it's your turn to fill in the blanks. Just who is Gabriella Ivanko, where does she come from? How tall is she? What's her favorite song? What's her guilty pleasure RomCom? How much milk did she pour on her Apple Jacks as a kid? Does she prefer Coke Or Pepsi...I think you get the jist here. I wanna know everything."

Jason slightly pulls the gun back from Moore's face as he sardonically starts to hum the Jeopardy theme...

Psychie Psychie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour after Father Carns' encounter with Drake, he finds himself slowly walking the almost empty halls of St. Katrina's. He is in deep retrospect thinking about the extraordinary path his life had taken. It's quite true what he told Drake, he had been actively hunting Kindred since the tender age of fifteen after both he and his mother had fought off a marauding Gangrel in their isolated cabin home. Even though they manage to kill the vampire, Emmanuel's mother had suffered catastrophic wounds as a result of the attack and died in the boy's arms. But even though he had become one of the most skilled Hunters in recent memory, ironically enough one of his closest confidants was one of the very creatures he had dedicated his life to eradicating, and a Nosferatu no less. The good Lord certainly did have a sense of humor, that was for sure.

As the priest entered a large balcony that over looked the even larger Sanctuary, he spotted a lone parishioner praying at the altar. The church was open to all, but it was definitely strange to see someone praying at this time of night. Out of instinct or just his overly suspicious nature, Carns walks over to a nearby balcony beam and unlocks a secret compartment hidden in the wall which contained two high tech pistols and a specially designed NVG and Spectra Scope. The man grinned as even he was amused at this level of paranoia and over preparation since there were secret compartments like this scattered throughout the entirety of the church. They all contained an assortment of weapons, solar grenades and auxiliary equipment...all aimed at dispatching vampires of any brand or variety. Taking the Spectra Scope out, Carns focuses in on the praying figure below. He shakes his head in underwhelmed surprise, taking note of how his overwrought instincts had been correct again. Through the sensitive device, Carns could clearly see that the figure below had a body temperature of only fifty degrees, a tell tale sign of the undead. But curiously this vampire contained an odd feature that he hadn't encountered before. Hidden beneath an article of clothing or perhaps a prosthetic of some kind was what looked like an extra orifice that by all means shouldn't have been there.

"What the hell?" Carns whispers to himself as he quickly makes way down to the main Sanctuary.

Walking silently from behind, Carns approaches like a stealthy tiger stalking in the jungle. If this vampire tried anything, he was more than ready. With the vampire still kneeling in prayer, the priest crouches down and whispers into his ear "Don't move a muscle. Now I know exactly what you are bloodsucker. But since I don't want to cause undo alarm to my fellow clergy or to damage The Lord's Sanctuary, I'm going to give you exactly thirty seconds to explain just what in the hell you think your doing walking into my church!"

SirNateUnknown SirNateUnknown

"Really? A nuclear weapon? Some simple C4 not good enough for you as a suicide bomb? What is it that you want?"

Jason smirked slightly at this comment. While it's true that the device was a Xantax rigged explosive that was set to go off in accordance to his heart rhythms...he may have exaggerated it's destructive potential, like a lot. It was powerful enough to maybe take out the room they were in and not much else, but than again, she didn't need to know that. The Hunter slowly turns Moore around in her chair so that she was now facing him, the barrel of the shot gun still bearing down at point blank range.

"We're just gonna play a little game of Q&A, and depending on your answers, I'll decide whether or not I want to blow a hole in your skull like a cheap pinat'a." says Jason as he cocks the under slide of the weapon for dramatic effect "Now let's start with the name Gabriella Ivanko. Here's what I know so far. She's a Toreador, she's got a net worth of over five billion dollars and she's set to be coronated the next Camarilla Prince of Royal Haven in seven days. Now it's your turn to fill in the blanks. Just who is Gabriella Ivanko, where does she come from? How tall is she? What's her favorite song? What's her guilty pleasure RomCom? How much milk did she pour on her Apple Jacks as a kid? Does she prefer Coke Or Pepsi...I think you get the jist here. I wanna know everything."

Jason slightly pulls the gun back from Moore's face as he sardonically starts to hum the Jeopardy theme...
Casey rolls her eyes at the theatrics of the man. "Oh, please. Stop being stupid and put the gun away. I have students that come in here for lab time and to ask me questions after classes quite frequently. Are you planning on killing them when they see you with a shotgun leveled at my face? Now, if you wish to know about Gabi, I can give you some information, but not at the threat of my own death. How do you wish to play this? Nice, or shall I have to lose my temper?" She stares the man down, not flinching at all at the sight of the weapon aimed at her, with her arms crossed over her chest.

The eerie silence did not bother him even if he could only hear his own voice, The prayers that he uttered in the slightest of sound held nothing else but his wishes to soothe the confusion that plagued his mind. Many times he regrets accepting the Salubri's offer. but at the same time, could he have just accepted death as is? It felt too cruel for those who relied on him. For the very reason he kept a tight lid and concluded that a life of isolation and of the haunted was the very cost of his sins.

Tightening his grip around his palms, he pressed it against those pale lips and continued to praise the very God who bestowed him this choice. Yet in his trials alone did it reminded him of who he really had become, a monster to his people. For the voice that echoed in his ears belonged to those of his brothers, the mortals who walked the same path of faith like him. The only difference is that they seek out evil, while he alone became the succor for the victims of said evil.

At first those words of hostility were met with silence, For he dare not to lift those eyelids. As he began to utter out his prayers once more,
"Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; For god accepts all to come before him and pour your heart to ask for his wisdom." He spoke calmly, trying to finish his prayers first. "The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever." He uttered before making the sign of the cross to complete his prayer despite knowing well he shouldn't move.

“in the Name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, amen.”
He spoke out verbally as he lift his eyelids, Before letting his hands hang in mid air for the priest to see. "I did not mean to alert you Father, I simply happen to visit the neighborhood and saw your cathedral. It's been a while since I've prayed In the lord's sanctuary." The man explained, his voice as cold as ice yet his persistence in finishing his prayers despite the danger that he encountered was indeed a manifestation of his life as a priest. He could tell that the other meant well and the kindred would rather not cause a mess in the sanctuary, as he intended to leave quickly afterwards.

"If you must spill my blood, then please let us do so outside of the cathedral." Zachariah suggested while still completely motionless. "However, If possible. Could you hear my confession?" He requested, as he turned his eyes to gaze at the priest beside him while still frozen in place.

Last edited:
Deunan can feel her mouth start to water as the waiter brings her plate to the table. The aroma of the rare steak caresses her nose like a long-lost lover, making her smile. She looks up at the waiter and manages to remember her manners, saying, "Thank you!" Then she grabs the knife and fork and begins to tear into the ribeye with gusto. Through a mouthful of meat, Deunan says to Rudolph, "You sure your info on this place is solid? I'd hate to show up all Chrinos'd out and ready for a fight and discover that this law office is not affiliated with Penax after all."

D. Rex D. Rex

There were several situations in which the strength of a garou's self discipline was tested. A steakhouse was among the top of the list. But as always, Rudolph would manage. And while it tended to be uncouth to order a slab of raw meat... the next best thing was of course a nice rare prime rib. Cooked just right it had such a lovely meaty consistency. And as much as he loved the taste of meat, he loved the taste of savory spices just as much. So when his plate came out, he requested some nice creamy horseradish to go with it. For a few novel bites.

It was quite the struggle to keep himself from digging in with as much guato as Duenan... a struggle that he ultimately failed as he began answer her with a mouthful, not even giving himself enough time to sample the horseradish. Maybe the second bite. Fifth. Yes. Fifth bite he would try with some horseradish.

"I'm positive. In only a matter of three years every one of the personnel in that office was replaced with someone that at one point had worked for or had some business dealing with either Pentex itself or that DA. And if I know Garfield... he would cover his tracks too well to risk having any sort of liability of an outsider knowing something they shouldn't."

Garfield Farsend. A district attorney directly working with Pentex. An allegation that Rudolph has yet to substantially find solid evidence for. The man is a clever one. But the patterns itself speaks volumes. Pentex having found a way to weaponize that law office against those it wishes to be silenced. And... organizing defenses of charges levied against the corporation.

"Furthermore, your 'friends' Moe and Jamal have been having their mercenary company provide security this past month. Not a day has gone past without them being present. Cases from that law office have slowed to a trickle. Only a few important cases to keep up the appearance of its function."

"On paper, the reason for this is that they are doing a self audit while doing some renovations. Obviously that's not the case." Rudolph took the time to pause and eat another large bite and gulp down half of his drink.

"I've seen images myself. Got eye witness testimony. Hacked footage. And my own digging. There are enough weapons and drugs under the foundation to make the Camarilla a very happy customer for years to come. I don't know what Pentex is getting out of it... but they are going to be selling it to Prince once the 'renovations' are done. And if my sources are to be believed.... then they in turn are going to convert that law office into something much more... safe."

Rudolph looked down at his plate, and was rather shocked to realize that his rather large portion of meat had been reduced to only a quarter of its original size. He didn't even remember eating half of it. With a dismayed look at what was left, he continued.

"Regardless. They are being very covert about this deal. As a matter of fact... I would have even missed it if they hadn't upped their security the past weak. Apparently... something concerning us as well... they believe there is a hunter in the area. And looking into it... it seems they may be right."

Sherwood Sherwood

Deunan takes a deep draw off of her beer before replying, looking about to make sure they aren't being overheard. "Damn vamps. Probably trying to set the place up as a haven for some bloodsucker. We should go in there and burn the whole place to the ground. Daytime hours, so if there are any of the night crowd, we can hit them while they are groggy and out of it. Send Pentex a message that they are not welcome in our city."

She can already picture in her mind the carnage, and it brings a smile to her face. "Lets aim for Friday. It will be a full moon. A good omen."

Deunan takes a deep draw off of her beer before replying, looking about to make sure they aren't being overheard. "Damn vamps. Probably trying to set the place up as a haven for some bloodsucker. We should go in there and burn the whole place to the ground. Daytime hours, so if there are any of the night crowd, we can hit them while they are groggy and out of it. Send Pentex a message that they are not welcome in our city."

She can already picture in her mind the carnage, and it brings a smile to her face. "Lets aim for Friday. It will be a full moon. A good omen."

"Oh, we will do more than that. Alietta is doing us the courtesy of procuring us a special.... gift. It is an old building after all... its bound to have some issues with its gas lines." He said, drumming his fingers idly at the insinuation.

Rudolph gave her a rather wide smile,"I think the ripples will be rather broad reaching. Not only will we be killing two birds with one stone... but a scapegoat is already in their minds to draw any retaliation. I can't think of a better opportunity than this. If we are especially lucky... they will all be at each others throats."

The Ragabash chuckled,"Friday then. We will make it a date. Where you able to convince anyone else to join in on the festivities?"

"Oh, we will do more than that. Alietta is doing us the courtesy of procuring us a special.... gift. It is an old building after all... its bound to have some issues with its gas lines." He said, drumming his fingers idly at the insinuation.

Rudolph gave her a rather wide smile,"I think the ripples will be rather broad reaching. Not only will we be killing two birds with one stone... but a scapegoat is already in their minds to draw any retaliation. I can't think of a better opportunity than this. If we are especially lucky... they will all be at each others throats."

The Ragabash chuckled,"Friday then. We will make it a date. Where you able to convince anyone else to join in on the festivities?"
"You are such a smooth talker, making it a date. You sly dog, you!" Deunan grins, then, shaking her head. "I think that we'll be good with what we have gathered now. Why risk the lives of others that don't have our gifts? We should be good with what we'll run into there."

"How do you wish to play this? Nice, or shall I have to lose my temper?"

This last line really seemed to needle at Jason's patience "Motherfucker are you trying to pull a Bruce Banner on me?" he says as he aims the shot gun just slightly away from the vampire's head and towards the side. In one quick move he presses the side of the barrel against Moore's ear and pulls the trigger. The back wall is nearly annihilated with solar imbued buck shot blowing apart a seven inch crater leaving just bits of debris and dry wall where that part of the wall used to be. Jason had hoped the deafening blast would rupture the vampire's ear drum, but he didn't quite know how such an attack would affect a Kindred's inner ear, but she would at least get the message "You don't quite get how this hostage thing works do you fang face? I have the gun, I make the demands. I know the Tremere are kinda like the dumb chimps when it comes to Kindred, but try and keep up, because the next time I pull this trigger your not gonna have a goddamn head. Now let's try this one more time, k? Gabriella Ivanko, gimme the condensed version in thirty seconds or less...go."

Psychie Psychie

"However, If possible. Could you hear my confession?"

Although Zachariah was most likely being very sincere, Father Carns didn't take it that way "Confession? You would dare try to mock not only me but The Almighty himself and in his holy Sanctuary no less!" he yells out as he releases his hidden pistol from his sleeve holster. He grabs the Salubri by his arm and forcefully yanks him up from his kneeling position on the floor. Without missing a beat, Carns spins the vampire around and shoves the pistol into his back "Walk, now!" he says shoving Zachariah along.

Carns forces his captor over to a nearby confessional stall and pushes the vampire into the parishioner pen, locking the door from the outside. The priest than enters the clergy pen directly on the other side and closes the door. Carns than points his weapon forward aiming the green laser scope through the dividing mesh, where the targeting dot comes to rest squarely between Zachariah's eyes "Alright vampire, you wanted to confess, now is your chance. Tell me who you are, what you want and what the hell that thing on your forehead is?!"

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian SirNateUnknown SirNateUnknown

Last edited:
"How do you wish to play this? Nice, or shall I have to lose my temper?"

This last line really seemed to needle at Jason's patience "Motherfucker are you trying to pull a Bruce Banner on me?" he says as he aims the shot gun just slightly away from the vampire's head and towards the side. In one quick move he presses the side of the barrel against Moore's ear and pulls the trigger. The back wall is nearly annihilated with solar imbued buck shot blowing apart a seven inch crater leaving just bits of debris and dry wall where that part of the wall used to be. Jason had hoped the deafening blast would rupture the vampire's ear drum, but he didn't quite know how such an attack would affect a Kindred's inner ear, but she would at least get the message "You don't quite get how this hostage thing works do you fang face? I have the gun, I make the demands. I know the Tremere are kinda like the dumb chimps when it comes to Kindred, but try and keep up, because the next time I pull this trigger your not gonna have a goddamn head. Now let's try this one more time, k? Gabriella Ivanko, gimme the condensed version in thirty seconds or less...go."
The sudden roar of the shotgun right next to her ear makes Casey jump, and her hand instinctively goes up to the side of her head. No bleeding; he didn't shoot me. But he's on the ragged edge. I have to put an end to this.

Her thoughts are such that she almost doesn't hear his next rant, but enough of it sinks in for her temper to start to rise. Her family, a bunch of dumb chimps? He will learn some respect! Glaring up at the man, she stares right at him as the elder vampire lashes out with her Domination. "Drop the gun now!"

System: The player rolls Manipulation + Intimidation (difficulty equals the target’s current Willpower points). More successes force the subject to act with greater vigor or for a longer duration (continue running for a number of turns, go off on a laughing jag, scream uncontrollably). My dice pool in this case is 7.

I will spend two blood points to boost my Dexterity to 4 for the scene, and I will also spend a Willpower point to my Man + Intimidation roll for the extra success.

Total of 5 successes on my Command roll. EDIT: Do 10's count as 2 successes in Vampire? If so, that gives me 6 successes.

Virtues and Blood Pool
Conscience: 3
Self-Control: 4
Courage: 3
Humanity: 7
Willpower: 10 / 9
Blood Pool: 14 - 2pt per turn / 12

There is a disgusting sound following Alexander's every step as he quickly walks. This isn't surprising, to be fair, given his current locale. The sewers are rather filthy places, after all, and especially ones built to accomodate places as large as Royal Haven are nothing if not prime examples of this rule. Still, it is a relatively safe way to travel-Nobody comes down here unless they absolutely must, and even if they do there is an abundance of darkness which allows a kindred to easily hide if need be. And indeed, hiding is all he has done for the past week, even more so than usual. About ten days ago, he'd made the mistake of letting his guard down ever so slightly, but Garou presence in the region was far more oppressive than he'd let himself believe. His traps and allies allowed him to escape, even grievously wounding one of his own pursuers in the process. But it had left him with terrible injuries of his own, injuries that took an abnormal amount of vitae and healed too slowly even so. It even had taken the last of his silver! If one attacked now he'd have to pray it wasn't fast enough to dodge his accursed flames, or he might as well lie down and ask the werewolf to be gentle.

He heard a screech, and his wound flared up as incorporeal hands clawed at it in spite. He grit his teeth and resisted the urge to scream as the assailant cackled in delight.

And of course, how could one forget the fact that the malevolent imps that surrounded him took great joy in aggravating the terrible injury.

But he wasn't going to give up now. He had made it to Royal Haven after months fraught with danger. If his calculations were correct, the unstable situation here would allow him to get some sort of protection, something to make his pursuers at least have to take ten and think about their plan of action. Some time for him to catch his breath(metaphorically speaking, of course), get his bearings, and plan ahead.

Which brought him...here. 47 Third Avenue. Camarilla Elysium in the city. Going to them was, of course, incredibly risky-if his true nature was revealed he wouldn't be allowed to so much as blink before they had butchered and diablerized him. But it was either that or Pentex, and Pentex was an equally bad choice by a slew of other metrics-not enough to put it off the table, but enough to make him willing to take this risk.

"You are cursed, little leech. Only amongst the cursed can you find allies. Why avoid it?"

He ignored the demon's patronizing remarks and found the manhole he was looking for. Quickly scrambling up the ladder, he removed the cover and peeked around. Things seemed mercifully quiet, though some distant barking immediately put him on edge-just a stray dog, he reassured himself as he climbed out, The Elysium now clearly in sight.

It was every bit as pretentious as he had expected. A massive art gallery that by day welcomed only wealthy patrons and onlookers. By night, Elysium was held here, under the pretense of private parties and galas. He could hear the sounds of one such event right now, the soft undertones of classical music that probably was contemporary to some of the oldest Kindred within. He sighed, mentally rehearsing his story, trying to tune out the cacophony of the inferno.

Don't think about the fact that you're unlikely to even make it to the Seneschal. Don't think about the fact that it's entirely possible you will be detected. Don't think about the fact all your weapons are stashed away so you wouldn't violate the Elysium's rules. Nope, you're just another neonate, shit outta luck. Just...go in. Looking scared, but not too scared. And determined. Yeah, determined.

He cracked his knuckles, a tic from a lifetime ago, and walked through the door.

He regretted that decision with the utmost haste.
His attire was muddy, bloodied, with clear bullet holes and markings made from countless struggles. His jacket's sleeves were ripped, threads and stitchwork exposing his scarred hands. His trousers are similarly battered, and the fabric over his left knee was completely torn out. And his boots...The less said about his boots, the better.

There he stood, surrounded by men and women dressed in only the most elegant of attires. Low-cut dresses, three piece suits, the works. They had gathered in conversation circles, giggling, looking at the artwork, exchanging gossip. Yet silence rapidly came about as his presence became known. Some looked upon him with disgust, some with curiosity, but most seemed amused, the kind of arrogant look one would give a drunk tramp that showed up at their fancy dinner.

"Don't look at them. Go to the Keeper. Make your case. Good God, don't look at them"
The keeper was not hard to find, a short-haired woman in a black dress who seemed right about ready to leap on him and drag him outside by his hood. Mercifully, she did not, merely standing in front of him, clearly expecting an explanation.

"I am truly sorry for not being able to maintain appearances, but I have a dire warning I need to deliver to the Seneschal personally. There are grave threats in this city. Please, I am unarmed. I merely need a minute."

She thought about it for several seconds, each one more uncomfortable than the last, and he could see it in her features that she truly did not want to. Yet she refused to take this risk, as he had predicted. Motioning for him to follow, she led him through the vaunted ceilings, the poorly-concealed giggling of the harpies trailing his every step. Just as he thought this could not possibly get any worse, they turned the final corner and the Seneschal's form was revealed-A large, bulky man that practically radiated authority. A more typical Ventrue one could not find, and as his gaze met Alexander's he practically felt the contempt overwhelm his very feature. Almost by instinct, he lowered his head in a half-bow.

"Seneschal-I appear unbidden in your domain, and I would like to once again apologize for that. But it is circumstances beyond my control that forced me to do so. For you see, my name is Alexander, of the Clan Nosferatu, and until recently, I had a coterie of my own clanmates. However, it would seem that we caught the attention of a pack of lupines, those vicious hunters of the wild. They fell upon my fellows and butchered them without mercy, and it was by chance alone that I managed to escape. But these vicious hunters are not dissuaded-they have pursued me well into the city!"

He paused momentarily, trying to take stock of the other man. Was he buying his story? It was close enough to the truth that he could say it naturally enough.

"Thus my request is simple-I wish for protection against this threat, protection that only the might of the Camarilla can provide. Something that would give even these brutes pause. But, but, of course, I do not expect such a boon to come for free! I am still a-an information broker, after all, and, given some time, I believe I could make some contribution towards uncovering the identity of the Prince's assassin!"

"Fuckfuckfuckfuck-Is he buying it? I cannot tell. Fuuuuckkkk."

The screeching of the infernal creatures in his ears made concentration difficult, and thus he couldn't quite focus on the Ventrue's reaction

The harsh words that left those lips, were the very thing he could not deny. He knew how outrageous his request was and yet, he is but a humble bystander who unfortunately carried the blood of the pitiful condemned souls. For he had committed the biggest sin and took the sanctuary down with him. Eyes light up under the lights with pale skin slowly mimicking the touch of decay, with a tight grip to lead him to rise from the floor. Cold steel pressed against the back of his coat, Ushering the sense of danger into his alert mind.

He mumbled the prayers of his kin to the god that they both preached. Tumble he may in his step, yet he reached the stall without fail and disappeared into the familiar wooden structure. Eyes gliding up towards the ceiling of the cramped space, he had once more lowered his head before the very mesh that separates the two sides. Fingers intertwined, he solemnly whisper the truth to the worlds around him with the priest as his witness.

“Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was centuries ago before I am forced to abandon my path, For the lord is all merciful as He aided me in providing safe haven for a cursed soul. I welcomed them to the Lord's Sanctuary and exorcised evil from those who seeks to harm this poor kindred, they were a humble healer hunted for a sin his kin did not commit."

"I, Zachariah. Fulfilled my role as a man of faith to provide succor for all, but I have almost lost my life to protect them. I took their offer and cheated death itself. Ever since, I have tirelessly atoned for my sin. Even if my ally is the lord alone, I will continue this journey till he called me back to his side."
The words he poured out his lips held weight as he realized the flaws of his decision, for he knows not if it were fate that guided the kindred to ask for his aid. Nevertheless he simply followed the very instructions of what his faith hold.

Pausing his voice in silence for a moment as he considered the risks and consequences he must face should he share this secret to the mortal before him, knowing well the danger it would meant for both him and the hunter. He had to play his cards right, perhaps he could ask for asylum in that cathedral. It would also allow him to have an ally and even seek to reclaim the path he had long abandoned, It was a tempting option to consider. However if he fails and the secret of his identity leak, it would spell doom for him and his sire.

Should they use him to track other Salubri's or use his vitae to their sinister whims. His sacrifice to abandon his true purpose would all be for naught, centuries he kept a tight lid of this.
"Forgive me Father, I did not meant to deny you answers. Yet If I revealed the true nature of my curse, I fear that my centuries of exile would be wasted in a blink of an eye. I am certain that you could learn the truth of my secrets If the lord wills it, However I beg of you to not ask of me the very answer that will cost me everything." The kindred pleaded even as the barrel of their pistol is aimed at his temple.

"The only answer I could provide to you is simply that I desire not to harm our people, I feed on the livestock that mankind nurtured as their sustenance. And if it comes to it, I will only use my powers to aid the unfortunate and the mortals who had been wronged by kindred and human alike. This, I promise you." The last sentence that would leave his lips as anything else might jeopardize his life even more, he simply wish that as someone who walked in the same path he did beforehand would see the truth in his words.

Royal Haven, unassuming at a glance but hides monstrosities of all corners of the world. A monster born of human greed, furred terrors that wage war in the name of their Natura deity, blood drinkers older than memory toying with the existence of men, and whatever lurking horror that is yet to reveal itself. Those were the thoughts that the hooded priest thought whilst dipping into shadows. Several times he had been informed by his... 'Betters' that every vampire must adhere to secrecy in order to survive, he agrees with this notion if only because he could not convince humanity alone that there are bumps in the night.

Unlike his Nosferatu brethren of whom he shares deepest sympathies, he prefers the darkened alleyways. The sewers appeared enticing at first, later he learned that their repugnant smell clung to his carcass deeply. But as he ventured in the in-between, he saw another challenge and harsh reality before him. Many, many years have passed since his christening and more than that since his rebirth into a gloomy, brooding creature of the night, but he could never have imagined the insurmountable number of destitute men in the streets. The homeless huddled together with scraps of clothing, the evening news, and discarded coverings in the dark. Wallowing in filth, groveling bellies, and failing health.

"C-cahn you 'pare change, mistah." One of them calls, the priest does not answer though he wishes that he could. He wonders if after the inquiry into the mystery and subsequent completion if he should engage in more philanthropic measures? Perhaps giving away food like in those soup kitchens that he has heard about. A thought for another night.

Eyes soon fell upon the Church, where the fountain of his answers await. He studied the locals before, the one in charge of this house of God called Carns is not to be underestimated therefore he is likely privy to knowledge that Alun seeks. With a careful pull, the doors of the church open just in time to spot Father Carns escorting another man into a confessional. At gun point. A tilt of his head in confusion as the hooded priest enters.

With light feet, he snaked through the pews and arrived behind Father Carns' side. In the briefest of moments, Alun caught the confession of a kindred. He truly does seem repentant.

"Forgive my intrusion, Father Carns." Ancillary arms hid under his robes and hugged his body. "For I seek answers in matters I believe to be your specialty." His gaping maw did not lend itself well to tones. It came out raw and wrong, some semblance of man but tainted by the self-imposed defilation. "My inquiry would be short but before that, I insist that my penitent kin with which I share our ancestor be released from harm."

Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel SirNateUnknown SirNateUnknown

"You are such a smooth talker, making it a date. You sly dog, you!" Deunan grins, then, shaking her head. "I think that we'll be good with what we have gathered now. Why risk the lives of others that don't have our gifts? We should be good with what we'll run into there."

Rudolph only gave a shrug that came with the a smile filled with the called out slyness. "Would you expect any less of a new moon?"

He then shook his head and leaned back in the booth,"I agree. I suppose no sense bothering anyone... help isn't exactly in high supply these days."

His eyes drifted from her face, down to her plate, and the unfinished ribeye that was left. "You going to eat that?"

"Drop the gun now!"

Although Jason had escalated the situation and successfully gotten across that he meant business, he wasn't the most adept in dealing with Tremere vampires. He had certainly run across them in the past but never to any kind of significant degree. As Moore bored into his mind with her special kind of mental discipline, the Hunter recalled what Carns had told him about this Clan. Namely that they weren't your run of the mill Kindred. However in the same vein, Jason wasn't your typical mortal Hunter either. The Vitae he consumed off of his undead prey, gave him a good degree of super human abilities in their own right, however they weren't nearly enough to fend off the powers of a full fledged Kindred on their own. Not without his other attributes to supplement.

As the Domination intensified, Jason felt his willpower ebb away with each passing second "Son of a bitch, I forgot you bastards could do this..." he said as he fought to keep his finger firm on the trigger. Feeling his muscles weaken, the barrel of the shot gun lowers ever so slightly as the moments ticked by.

Than either by design or just dumb luck, a loud voice booms from behind "N.O.P.D., drop the gun dirt bag and step away from the hostage!!!"

Jason closes his eyes in relief, never had he been so glad to hear the voice of a cop "Saved by the fucking bell..." he thought to himself.

Kayla, the young student who had been the last in the computer lab and whom had exited just a short time before, now stood outside with a contingent of armed police officers as well as campus security. Apparently she had forgotten something in the computer lab and had returned just in time to see the little exchange take place between Moore and Jason. Frightened and in shock, she immediately alerted campus security who in turn had summoned New Orleans Police, who arrived mere minutes after the call had gone out. Jason was blissfully unaware as all of it was happening of course.

"I said drop the fucking gun asshole and put your hands on your head, now!!!" yells one of the cops a second time as he and his fellow officers steadily file in, all of their weapons thoroughly trained on Jason.

The commotion was enough to snap the Hunter back into reality as he slightly grins "Whoever said the cops are never around when you need em'?" he whispers to Moore as he lowers the shot gun "Alright, I'm dropping the gun now boys, just don't shoot!" he yells.

With lightning quick reflexes, he retrieves a small flash bang/smoke grenade nestled just inside his jacket and tosses it on the floor where it explodes in a cacophony of blinding light and billowy smoke. Jason wastes no time, quickly grabs the Xantax I.E.D. he had placed down earlier and jumps through a nearby window one full story to the cold pavement below. Jason recovers quickly as he spots a nearby black car parked just meters away. Still a little dazed, the Hunter books it towards the vehicle and jumps into the passengers seat in seconds.

"Step on it Sonya!!!" he yells as the car peels away.

Meanwhile back inside the building, the police scramble to get their bearings as some of them flock over to the broken window and peer outside. The diversion was just enough to allow their perp to make a clean getaway. Kayla meanwhile rushes over to Moore and throws her arms around the vampire in genuine concern "Oh professor are you alright! I came back for my day planner when I saw that creep holding a gun on you, I was so scared!"

"Are you ok ma'am, you need an ambulance or anything?" asked one of the other officers as one of the campus security walks up beside.

"I can't believe it, we lost the cocksucker! Apparently he did a Wesley Snipes right out the window!"

As Jason and his companion Sonya, speed away from the campus, the former squirms in his seat, picking stray bits of glass out of his jacket.

"What happened?" asks Sonya.

"I was sloppy, that's what happened. Fucking blood sucker started to use the ole' Jedi mind trick and I buckled. Luckily the goddamn cops saved my ass if you can believe it." he said as a distinct electronic beep starts to emit from the small I.E.D. still in his hand "Oh shit, I forgot..." he says glancing down at the device and frantically inputting a disarming code on the tiny back keypad. The explosive device powers down as Jason lets out a sigh relief "Fuck, what a night!"

This prompts Sonya to grin from ear to ear "Well where to now MacGyver?"

"Swing by New Orleans International, still early enough for me to catch a red eye back to Royal Haven. But first I gotta hunt me down a suck head real quick. All that excitement has the ole energy reserves a little low and I'm thirsty for some of mama's home cooked Vitae, vampire Cajun style!"

Psychie Psychie

"The only answer I could provide to you is simply that I desire not to harm our people, I feed on the livestock that mankind nurtured as their sustenance. And if it comes to it, I will only use my powers to aid the unfortunate and the mortals who had been wronged by kindred and human alike. This, I promise you."

As Zachariah muddled on, Carns slightly shook his head as he blinked in a comical fashion "Yea, you wanna knock off the Shakespeare recital? Just tell me in laymen's terms why your in my church. I don't need the damn Romeo and Juliet monologues ok."

"Forgive my intrusion, Father Carns." Ancillary arms hid under his robes and hugged his body. "For I seek answers in matters I believe to be your specialty. My inquiry would be short but before that, I insist that my penitent kin with which I share our ancestor be released from harm."

The Hunter priest turns his head, a look of disbelief on his face. He holds the gun firm on Zachariah and slides over the peering shade in order to see whoever is on the other side of the confessional door "You have got to be kidding me!" he whispers to himself "I'm getting way to old for this kinda shit."

Racking his mind as to what to do, he makes a split second decision. He reaches over and pulls a small lever next to the diving mesh which pops open a hidden door located in the parishioner's pen "Alright Shakespeare, I'm gonna cut you a break for tonight. Follow that hatchway out to the basement past the Sacristy. You'll find two exits located to the left, take the one marked loading dock and it'll take you right out to the street without tripping the alarm. But don't think that this is the end of it. If you truly want confession like you say you do, meet me back here tomorrow night 1 A.M. and if you don't show, I'm gonna hunt you down, understand? Go!"

The Salubri doesn't make a fuss and exits the confessional through the hidden door as instructed, after which Carns pulls the lever back closing off the hidden compartment. Carns takes a deep breath and throws open the door, coming face to face with Alun, his pistol aiming straight at the Tzimisce vampire's chest at point blank range.

"Ok blood sucker, no sudden movements, no funny business." he says.

Much like before, he quickly shoves the vampire into the parishioner's pen in identical fashion as he did to Zachariah and quickly locks the door. Carns re-enters his side of the confessional, his gun still trained firmly on Alun, again in the same way it was aiming at Zachariah, green laser scope resting between the vampire's eyes.

"If you can believe it, you are the THIRD vampire I've encountered tonight! If I didn't know any better I'd swear I was on that show Punk'd! Now as you can imagine, my patience has really worn thin this evening. So, just like I told the other fang face, you have exactly thirty seconds to tell me who you are and what you want!"

SirNateUnknown SirNateUnknown Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Casey plays up the part of a rattled educator on the verge of being a target of some random shooter with ease, especially since she actually is somewhat rattled by the whole experience. She answers the questions about the strange man with all honesty, saying she has never seen him before and has no idea on his identity. After spending several hours giving a complete report including a full description of the man, Casey is finally released by the local cops and sent on her way.

When she is finally out and away from any video and audio recording devices of the local PD, Casey pulls out her cell phone and dials a number from memory. After a couple of rings, a familiar voice answers. "Gabi? Its Casey. I just had an incident with a Hunter asking some very pointed questions about you. Yes, I'm fine, but I'm not the one I'm worried about right now. You need to change up your routine for the next week. I have a feeling that this Hunter is not going to give up."

"Seneschal-I appear unbidden in your domain, and I would like to once again apologize for that. But it is circumstances beyond my control that forced me to do so. For you see, my name is Alexander, of the Clan Nosferatu, and until recently, I had a coterie of my own clanmates. However, it would seem that we caught the attention of a pack of lupines, those vicious hunters of the wild. They fell upon my fellows and butchered them without mercy, and it was by chance alone that I managed to escape. But these vicious hunters are not dissuaded-they have pursued me well into the city! Thus my request is simple-I wish for protection against this threat, protection that only the might of the Camarilla can provide. Something that would give even these brutes pause. But, but, of course, I do not expect such a boon to come for free! I am still a-an information broker, after all, and, given some time, I believe I could make some contribution towards uncovering the identity of the Prince's assassin!"

The imposing figure listened intently and narrowed his eyes at the lowly vampire that spoke beneath him. As he cracked his knuckles, the Kindred only known as Raber scowled slightly. His first instinct was to grab this thing by it's throat and toss it back out into the street. But what Alexander had said, seemed to pique Raber's interest just enough for him to want to investigate further. Besides, the intrigue surrounding the upcoming coronation presented a plethora of weird and malevolent happenings within the wider Kindred of the city, so for all he knew what the Nosferatu was telling him, might have ring of truth to it and Raber couldn't afford to take chances with Gabriela Ivanko's un-life.

"Welcome to Elysium Alexander and let me first set the record straight. I'm the acting Sheriff for now as we do not have a Seneschal at the moment. The Camarilla is set to formally coronate our new Prince in a week's time. As such, once she is officially in office, a new Seneshcal will be appointed. Your story is interesting, but as you can imagine I have room to be skeptical. However due to the delicate nature of this transition I can't exactly dismiss your claims either. Therefore I'm going to refer you to a trusted source of mine who is a direct confidant of the new Prince to be." says Raber as he snaps for the young female vampire who had escorted Alexander in "LaTalia, bring Alexander to our East Wing whilst I make a few calls and attend to this matter."

LaTalia leads Alexander away as Raber does an about face headed for one of the sequestered balconies. En route he's stopped by a tall, blonde haired vampire with piercing green eyes. This is Draven Roderick, an overly ambitious and scheming member of Clan LaSombra.

"My my aren't we in a hurry, huh Raber? This have anything to do with that shifty looking beggar at the door?" asks Roderick.

"Not now Draven, I've urgent business to attend to." says Raber trying to push his way past.

"I understand, ever the obedient pup aren't we?" says Roderick in a mocking tone.

This comment stops Raber in his tracks, causing him to turn and face the other vampire "You dare to denigrate my loyalty? Funny thing to since I clearly remember your sorry ass crawling on hands in knees to The Camarilla after being tossed from the ranks The Sabbat! You couldn't hack it with them and you clearly can't with us. Tell me Draven, how many bids have you made for the throne of the city thus far?"

Roderick clenches his fists "I wasn't tossed from The Sabbat, I left of my own will! You mark my words Raber, I will be Prince of this city. Perhaps not this time, but be it the next ten years or a hundred, there will be a new order Royal Haven. Some of us are tired of seeing The Ventrue and Toreador strut around as if nothing you do can be challenged!"

"You know why The Ventrue and Toreador have been so successful in these recent centuries in retaining leadership...simply because we respect the given chain of command. But I wouldn't expect some LaSombra riffraff like you to know anything about that. Now if you'll excuse me, I've more important matters to get to."

Roderick just grins deliberately exposing his glistening fangs "But of course..." he says, casually backing up and walking away down the hall.

Raber intakes a deep breath as he shakes his head "Questioning bastard." he says, making his way out onto the balcony. He retrieves his cell phone and dials in a call.

The phone rings a total of three times before an automated message sparks up "Hello, the person you have contacted is not available at this time. Please leave an automated voice message at the sound of the tone..."

"Professor Moore, this is Raber back at Royal Haven. I know your still on leave in New Orleans with your teaching duties but we may have situation brewing here. Some ragged Nosferatu came in just now raving about a possible assassination attempt. I'm only the acting Sheriff here and I'm still learning all the protocols. Gabriela is being guarded around the clock, but you never know. Look since I know your one of the closest to her and your station is highly respected in this branch of The Camarilla, I'd feel more comfortable if you could come down and personally question this guy. It's probably nothing, but we can't take any chances, not with the Coronation being so close. Not to mention Roderick is still sticking his dead nose where it doesn't belong. That LaSombra rat is dangerous and I don't trust him. Please call me back as soon as you get this."

Psychie Psychie Athanas Athanas

And with a shove and tug, the Tzimsice was forced into the confessional booth. By far this had been the least volatile reaction that occurred to him. This wooden box where sinners came to confess their deepest, gravest sins was known to Alun as well. He knelt on the step inside with circumspection. Father Carns implored Alun to make haste with his inquiries, less he suffer a superfluous hole in the cranium. The vampire swallowed his spit and began to speak. "Father Carns, I come to you this night in search of knowledge. Obscene levels of barbarity have risen in this fair city. Threatening the expertly-enacted equilibrium, once it is broken then this city-" A pause in Alun's grotesque, soul-shaking voice. "it will become valetudinarian, at least for a short while. But the transfer of power will result in plentitudes of death. As always the victims of these desperate power struggles are the bystanders, their souls unaware of the danger that lurks beneath their feet, behind their backs, or watching down on their heads. It is said that before any radical metamorphoses, that ripples are felt in the ground, the people, and their souls. And from my web, I feel the jostling. If you must know my name and actions then let it be so: My name was once Alun Pritchard, many a moon ago. And the Lord as my witness, I intend to stop the calamity and if I cannot, then frustrate its efforts."

The freakish-looking fiend rose slowly from his knelt position. "Micah 6:8, He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" Alun stood unfettered by fear, hate, or paranoia. He stood tall and asked one more time. "Direct me with whatever knowledge you have, Father. And let us pray to be better men by the next sunset."

He wondered whether his kin is still near, he couldn't have gotten that far through the secret exit.

Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel SirNateUnknown SirNateUnknown

Last edited:

Noblesse Oblige

Arkadiusz Reikowski

St. Katrina Cathedral-Royal Haven Streets

Silent he became when Father Carns find his words too difficult to understand, why of course. He had forgotten that the times has change, an old habit that is keen on staying. How did they utter such words again? ah yes, He was about to part those pale lips once more if it weren't for the intrusion of another. Judging from their words, they knew of his cursed status? Why this is not an ideal risk to take. The real threat that could ever present itself were his fellow kindred, He needed to escape quickly before his identity is discovered.

Not moving a muscle, he listened to the priest's mumbling under his breath. Till they instructed him to leave and briefly explained the directions he needed to take, grateful he was of their kindness. He nodded and pray for their safety from the bottom of his heart, "Thank you father and may the lord bless you." He uttered briefly from his lips to the mortal on the other side of the dividing mesh and rush out of the pen without much of a fuss. Following their instructions early on, he wandered further down the basement and reached the very doors that he was opted to choose from. He followed the one labelled "Loading dock" just like Father Carns instructed.

Arriving outside upon the familiar streets, he was finally able to catch his breath. For the night became much crueler than he remembered, yet it was just the many reasons he rarely even visited a church for years. He knows not what the humans have become nor if he will ever have a peaceful life with such curse that he carried, Putting that thought aside however. The kindred knew that Father Carns would very much like to hear the secrets that he dared not to share, adamant they were. Who is he to deny them answers but at the same time, he was reminded by the danger it presents as that kindred whom had happened to arrive at the same place.

Were it set upon by fate or the very undoing of someone else? Perhaps he will have to see just what exactly awaits him in the cathedral. For now, he must tread carefully and find a nearby shelter while he waited for Father Carns. As much as he would like to linger, it would be a dangerous decision to be made. Perhaps with given time, he will be able to provide a sufficient answer worthy of the priest's time.

zachariah

♡design by sirnateunknown, coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back