• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Vampire: The Masquerade [Falling Leaves]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
October 14th.

Psychie Psychie

The tribe was riled. There had been family lost night. Kelsey Williams had died. While she never was one of the kinfolk of the tribe, she shared enough blood to be considered family.... especially by actual family.

While this alone was tragic news, it was not all, and it was not what had the tribe so upset. No, the vampire Prince had told them that Kelsey did not just die... but had been embraced. A stomach churning fate that Kelsey surely did not yet understand. The Prince had also warned that the vampire who had done the deed was a rogue and still at large.

But much of this was now elders business. You had another task. Kelsey Williams. You were close to her. Closer than any of the other garou in the tribe. And you were being sent to look after her. A request was made to the Prince, and he allowed it (he had better) arrangements were being made for you this evening at 7:30pm.

You were invited to have breakfast with the Prince.

_________

7:25 PM

Darkness had well fallen by the time you arrived, driving in on the paved brick driveway. The Prince's estate was understandably out of the way, but of course that meant privacy. Though you were not quite sure yet about being in private inside a vampire coven...

The house... no, it was definitely a mansion... well it was certainly less Gothic than you were expecting. As a matter of fact, it has a clean white stone exterior, with gardens and shrubs tended to with great care. Despite being in mid October, the grass of the lawn seemed to have had some recent care to it as well.

A parking lot awaited you at the side. And in it you counted a good dozen cars. Staff. Ghouls. Other vampires... you could not really tell. But you did see Kelsey's car! So she really was here! You couldn't tell if that made you feel better or worse, as part of you had hoped they had the wrong person...

A thin, yet still handsome man waited by entrance of the building. He was dressed in khaki's and a felt coat. You could practically smell the ghoul on him. "You must be Miss Greene, Welcome. Master Cherro and Miss Williams are getting ready at the moment." He said. "Please, come inside and make yourself at home. Can I get you anything?"

bambiighoul bambiighoul

You received an invitation to have a meal with the Prince! Back in LA, in human circles you might have considered this a prestigious event... but you had a good feeling that it was because the Prince wanted something of you.

You didn't mind. You expected as much when you got here. You had practically offered everything in order to get away and start anew. Jon Cherro gave you that chance. He kept you fed, he kept you safe, and he kept you busy. Even giving you a domain and feeding privileges to call your own. You knew you owed him much more than he had yet to ask.

Still, You knew you needed to watch yourself around hi... but what could you do? After everything that he has done for you. Could you really deny any bullying or scheming and risk losing everything you have here? Not that he had done anything like that... as a matter of fact he has been very civil. He hasn't yet to push you into a chore that you haven't been willing or capable of, and he had always seen you fairly compensated. But you knew better than to take advantage... you knew better than to mistake it as generosity or kindness. He was still a blue blood. You knew he saw you and this city as an asset. That was how the Ventrue did their business. Though as fast as Master's go, you have had much much.... much worse.

So you were to get ready, and do what you could to meet his expectations. You knew he was going to ask you to do a job.... it was still an odd feeling. But with a small city like this, there was many less vampires than you had been used to in LA. It made sense that with the Prince having a much smaller pool to choose from, that you would be asked to do more things.

______

7:26pm

By the time you arrive at the compound, you could see Joseph ushering a red headed woman inside the building. It looked like you were not the only guest tonight...

You knew Joseph, Joe as he liked to be called. He was The Prince's right hand ghoul. Though you could never really decide what it was that Joe actually did. What you did know is that he was neither a slavering lackey or a mindless sycophant. You liked him, for a mortal. Of course that may have been because when he had first met you he had asked for an autograph. At least the man had taste.

Would you like to wait for Joseph? Go in with this red headed woman? Or perhaps something else?

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood

6:55 PM

Do you even remember much about last night? It would be hard not to. But then again, it went buy in a blur. At least you were still alive. Right? Wait... no... you weren't... were you? You barely understood. No that wasn't true. You do understand... you just don't comprehend.

Your eyes flutter upon. The room is dark, save for a single lamp in the corner, yet you find yourself seeing in it clearly. You know you are cold, but you don't feel cold. What you can feel is the soft cotton of the pajamas against your skin. They weren't yours... you remember a man named Joseph provided them for you. But you don't remember changing into them.

What you do remember was trying to stay awake. And a fatigue, like death, sweeping over you. You don't even remember hitting the floor. Did you fall in the floor? You were in the bed now, yet you so clearly remembered being by the dresser.

A knock at the door turned you away from your disorientation. And as it swung open, the man named Joseph stepped in, holding a clothes hanger with what you were wearing from the night before. They were cleaned and pressed. With not a spot of blood on them. "Rise and shine, Miss Williams, a new night awaits us."

" I am afraid I was not able to see your clothes as repaired as I had hoped them to be. Your shirt was ruined, and this was the best match I could find." He said as he walked to the closet and hung them up on the knob. "I was wanting to get rid of them, but Master Cherro insisted you may want to keep them for sentimental reasons. Though I would not say they are appropriate for use anymore. I have yet to see a tailored patch that blends in perfectly." He chuckled.

"The Prince was kind enough to give you some clothing. We are not familiar with your personal tastes, so we left some different options for you in the wardrobe. Wear whatever you like."

You came into this place raving like a lunatic. Or... well given you were covered in blood you assumed that you seemed as such. Perfectly reasonable considering the ordeal you went through. Even still, the man who called himself a Prince didn't seem to mind at all. Though you objected, he gave you a place to stay for the day. You didn't have any choice.

"The Prince is waiting for you in the breakfast room, one of the staff will be waiting in the hall to show you the way. Clean up and get dressed. Master Cherro is expecting you promptly. And one of your family members is coming to join us."

_________

7:20 PM
The Breakfast Room.

I was a bright and colorful room. Decorated with paintings heavy on eathen tones. A square mahogany table surrounded by four cushioned chairs waited in the center. It gave off a comfortable atmosphere. Or it would have if not given the scenario...

In one of those chairs was the man you met the night before, Jon Cherro.

f28d6ac74d7f89aab9fe0463284b62ab.jpg

He was a handsome man in his early middle years, clean shaven and well groomed. The Prince was casually reading a newspaper, and robed in a green satin smoking jacket.

At your arrival, he looked up and smiled. "Miss Williams, join me if you would. We have a few things to discuss, and I'm sure you have many questions. Our other guests should be here very soon." He gestured at the chair beside him.

He began straight away. "We have yet to find your sire, yet I would you to be rest assured that I have living and unliving looking for him as we speak. He had left quite a bloody mess in his wake, and made quite a mess in my domain."

"Did he tell you his name?" He asked.

October 14th.

Psychie Psychie

The tribe was riled. There had been family lost night. Kelsey Williams had died. While she never was one of the kinfolk of the tribe, she shared enough blood to be considered family.... especially by actual family.

While this alone was tragic news, it was not all, and it was not what had the tribe so upset. No, the vampire Prince had told them that Kelsey did not just die... but had been embraced. A stomach churning fate that Kelsey surely did not yet understand. The Prince had also warned that the vampire who had done the deed was a rogue and still at large.

But much of this was now elders business. You had another task. Kelsey Williams. You were close to her. Closer than any of the other garou in the tribe. And you were being sent to look after her. A request was made to the Prince, and he allowed it (he had better) arrangements were being made for you this evening at 7:30pm.

You were invited to have breakfast with the Prince.

_________

7:25 PM

Darkness had well fallen by the time you arrived, driving in on the paved brick driveway. The Prince's estate was understandably out of the way, but of course that meant privacy. Though you were not quite sure yet about being in private inside a vampire coven...

The house... no, it was definitely a mansion... well it was certainly less Gothic than you were expecting. As a matter of fact, it has a clean white stone exterior, with gardens and shrubs tended to with great care. Despite being in mid October, the grass of the lawn seemed to have had some recent care to it as well.

A parking lot awaited you at the side. And in it you counted a good dozen cars. Staff. Ghouls. Other vampires... you could not really tell. But you did see Kelsey's car! So she really was here! You couldn't tell if that made you feel better or worse, as part of you had hoped they had the wrong person...

A thin, yet still handsome man waited by entrance of the building. He was dressed in khaki's and a felt coat. You could practically smell the ghoul on him. "You must be Miss Greene, Welcome. Master Cherro and Miss Williams are getting ready at the moment." He said. "Please, come inside and make yourself at home. Can I get you anything?"
Amanda was upset. No, not just upset, she was pissed. She didn't know much about the pact that existed between the Garou and the vampires other to say that they didn't mess with one another, and there were certain places that she had to avoid unless she wanted to trample on some licks' territory and start an incident. But what she did know is that the weres and Kinfolk in the city were supposed to be off limits to the vampires giving the Embrace, and now she has just learned that one of her own cousins was now a vampire! This is unacceptable! But such issues are, to use a phrase, above her pay grade. The leader of the Pack and this Jon Cherro have some things to discuss, and she has to play nice with these blood suckers.

Driving through the early evening hours to the manor house of the Prince gave Amanda a chance to wonder just what the hell is going on here. How is it possible for Kelsey to get turned? A rogue vampire in the city? Is this the truth, or is this just some cover story that this Prince is giving to keep full out warfare from erupting between the Garou and the vamps in the city? Either way, she has been warned by her Alpha to play nice and not to antagonize this Jon Cherro, and to leave the negotiations between the Pack and the vampires to others.

She pulls her car around in the driveway and is barely stopped before a valet is there to park her car for her. Amanda tosses her keys to him, looking about as she gets out of the car. Walking up the steps to the thin man that waited for her, she offers up a polite smile. "Yes, thank you. I would very much enjoy a glass of wine while I wait for Mr. Cherro and Kelsey to be ready to entertain visitors." She is very much uneasy, but is doing her best to keep from freaking out at being around so many vampires and ghouls. Right now, Amanda is glad that she left her Klaive at home.

Kelsey waits to get out of bed until the man with her clothes is gone, then she slowly rises and looks around. She spots a mirror on the dresser and moves to stand in front of it and examines herself. She looks the same . . . mostly. A little pale compared to what she is used to. But if you didn't know her, you might say that Kelsey was physically unchanged by her ordeal. She stares at herself for a moment more, then moves to the shower to get cleaned up. Once she is undressed, Kelsey looks down at where she distinctly recalls the bullet striking her chest and again marvels at the fact that there is not even a scar to show where it hit. One of the many gifts of being a vampire, I suppose.

There. She thought it. A vampire. A blood sucking fiend of the night. A creature that she had long been peripherally aware of, but in the way of 'if you don't behave, the vampires will get you!' kind of thing. Never thought that she might be one herself one day. Shaking her head to clear that thought away, she steps into the shower and rinses off and cleans her hair, then when she's done, she gets dressed and pulls out her compact and puts on a bit of makeup. Just because she's dead doesn't mean she can't look pretty now, does it? With the final touches done, she steps out into the hall where a person was waiting for her to emerge and take her to see the Prince.

He seems polite enough. Almost able to forget that he's a vampire and has had this city under his control for many years. Kelsey takes the chair that he indicated, and gives a brief smile. She manages to say in a clear voice, "I wish to thank you for your hospitality. I must confess that this is a very different experience than what I was expecting; no coffins or bats to be seen anywhere. Bram Stoker would be disappointed."

As Prince Cherro talks about the . . . incident . . . she forces herself to think back and try to remember everything that happened. Did he ever say his name, or give any kind of clue as to his identity? With a shake of her head, she says, "No, I don't remember him saying anything about his name, but it is all a bit of a blur at the moment." Kelsey suddenly remembers that this is the Prince, and says, "I am sorry. I don't know how I should address you to show the proper respect. Is it Sire? Or do you prefer some other title? I've never dealt with a vampire before to know."

bambiighoul bambiighoul

You received an invitation to have a meal with the Prince! Back in LA, in human circles you might have considered this a prestigious event... but you had a good feeling that it was because the Prince wanted something of you.

You didn't mind. You expected as much when you got here. You had practically offered everything in order to get away and start anew. Jon Cherro gave you that chance. He kept you fed, he kept you safe, and he kept you busy. Even giving you a domain and feeding privileges to call your own. You knew you owed him much more than he had yet to ask.

Still, You knew you needed to watch yourself around hi... but what could you do? After everything that he has done for you. Could you really deny any bullying or scheming and risk losing everything you have here? Not that he had done anything like that... as a matter of fact he has been very civil. He hasn't yet to push you into a chore that you haven't been willing or capable of, and he had always seen you fairly compensated. But you knew better than to take advantage... you knew better than to mistake it as generosity or kindness. He was still a blue blood. You knew he saw you and this city as an asset. That was how the Ventrue did their business. Though as fast as Master's go, you have had much much.... much worse.

So you were to get ready, and do what you could to meet his expectations. You knew he was going to ask you to do a job.... it was still an odd feeling. But with a small city like this, there was many less vampires than you had been used to in LA. It made sense that with the Prince having a much smaller pool to choose from, that you would be asked to do more things.

______

7:26pm

By the time you arrive at the compound, you could see Joseph ushering a red headed woman inside the building. It looked like you were not the only guest tonight...

You knew Joseph, Joe as he liked to be called. He was The Prince's right hand ghoul. Though you could never really decide what it was that Joe actually did. What you did know is that he was neither a slavering lackey or a mindless sycophant. You liked him, for a mortal. Of course that may have been because when he had first met you he had asked for an autograph. At least the man had taste.

Would you like to wait for Joseph? Go in with this red headed woman? Or perhaps something else?

The night was still fairly early, not even near seven yet and the strip club was already in full swing. From the outside perspective, you saw the flashing red, pink, and purple lights from within and could hear the vibrations from the base of the pop/hip-hop music that played especially when patrons entered and left the club. Standing outside the club in a deep discussion with the bouncer was Anton Jacobs, the owner of the club and a somewhat well-known gang affiliate within the city. A seemingly expensive sleek black car had pulled up to the club and smoke from the exhaust was very visible within the cold night air. Up until the lanky man had exited from the club Anton had his guard up and a hand tucked into his coat with a firm grip on his pistol he kept for protection but once he got a look of the man his hand slowly released the gun in his pocket. He had seen this man's type before and obviously knew this ghoul was here for Kira.

The man with the dark hollow eyes simply flipped an enclosed letter in his hands passing it over to Anton with a simple " Be sure Miss graves receives this letter" and with that he and the car had quickly departed into the night. With a huff Anton had pushed through the club's door as you could hear the men cheering and clapping, whistling even, glasses clinked and cigar smoke filled the air. Akon's " I wanna love you" played faintly in the background as Anton reached the curtain to one of the private rooms within the back. As his hand went to grab the curtain he heard the suckling sound and the deep, low moans and whimpers of a man within and he already knew what this was. He let out a cough announcing himself " Kira." he said as he pulled the curtain back and not to his surprise there she was topless straddled in the lap of a middle-aged man fangs deep in his neck as the blood pored down his shirt

Kira was deep into a feeding of one of her more easily seduced regulars, this wasn't uncommon for her but it was a select few that she knew wouldn't mind and would keep coming back as to not break the masquerade. They were also easily compelled to believe they had just drunk too much and only remember a fun time with the redhead which had made them want to keep coming back. " Kira." She heard her name being nervously called by a familiar voice, she licked the last drops from the man's neck and pushed his head aside with her hands forcing his unconscious body to just slam back against the couch as she turned around to see Anton standing there with a letter in his hand. Within a blink of an eye, her delicate long-nailed manicured hand had grasped the letter from him and she was already opening it reading its contents. " Thank you, Anton, you're dismissed," She said sweetly and with a hint of seduction as she did with most people she was close to..well using. As Anton quietly left the private room she kicked the john off of the couch onto the floor so she could lay herself on the couch as she went over the letter once again. The prince was expecting her company tonight which rose suspicion within her, Cherro was nothing but cordial to her but there was still something about the uptight ever pristine prince she just didn't trust. She knew one day he would call on her to repay the debt she owed to him for keeping her safe in this little town, she still remembered when they met not long after Louie had abandoned her leaving her defenseless. She was a wreck and Cherro offered her safety and a home, she owed him pretty much her afterlife so there wasn't any way she could refuse the prince. She pulled her Channel black fur coat off the couch that she got off a man that was a little too handsy with her and draped it over her exposed body as she made her way to her little haven upstairs to get ready for what was sure to be an eventful night.

As the strip clubs, black SUV pulled up outside of the prince's mansion the driver quickly got out making his way over to opening Kira's door for her. She took the driver's hand elegantly exiting the car as the door was closed behind her. She pulled the same black fur coat close to herself that was now draped over a skin-tight sleeveless black dress that hugged the curves of her body. As she elegantly walked toward the entrance of the mansion heels clacking against the pavement that had her standing well over 6ft She noticed Joe the prince's right-hand man, his main ghoul, talking with a cute glasses-wearing redhead. Kira was quite fond of joe, as fond, as she could be for a mortal, his first time meeting her he had asked her for her autograph on an old magazine cover she had done back in her mortal modeling days. Most of the people that would recognize her would be people that were obsessed with 90's fashion or supermodels and a specific set of vampires/ghouls that knew of her story and background and just found something they liked within her, she believed joe to be the latter. As she reached up to joe and the redhead she put a delicate hand on joes shoulder and gently pecked the side of his cheek, a greeting she did with most people she was close to. " Good to see you joe," she said warmly in a voice that was music to the ears for most humans and even vampires, She then turned her attention to the other redhead and she could tell there was something different about her but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "Good evening." She said with a delicate smile to the girl that was becoming increasingly intriguing to her.

Sherwood Sherwood

The Prince gave a nod and a smile at her thanks. "My hospitality is one of the few merits that I allow myself to take pride in. It warms me to see that it is appreciated." He commented as she took a seat.

"Do not be so quick to dismiss your expectations, for your nights to come those will be amongst the most minor of oddities you witness, as there are Clans that have those storybook traits. As a matter of fact, I would not be surprised if Bram Stoker was familiar our kind, even if he did make a number of... narrative embelishments."

The man kept the same nuetral yet positive expression on his face. Seeming to enjoy engaging in this small talk. For one ranked so high in a 'species' of predator, it was sort of an odd feeling. Still, Jon Cherro exuded an aura of calmness and authority. He really seemed like everything was under control. And it was safe to guess that for him, it was.

"That is unfortunate. But my Sheriff will make due the with description you provided last night. I will need more than suspicions to take what actions are needed. I will keep you updated on what is found, of course."

"The circumstances of your Embrace, that is what we call the action of one of our kind turning a mortal, is not uncommon. Many of the more brutish kindred create a childe in such a way, but even then they are at least at arms reach in case they need to discipline their young. I can not say that I approve of these methods. And you are not the first that I have had to stand up and dust off. To that end, I am quite impressed that you are handling this as well as you are."

As he spoke, he made a gesture with his hand, and a maid quickly walked into the room, carrying a small wooden cigar box. She put it on the table, and parted the room with a bow.

"Either you are in shock, or more resilient than I had given you credit for. Judging from the first impressions you made, I am going to wager that it is the latter." He opened it, and pulled out a fine cigar about as thick as ones finger.

"At the same time, you also show respect. And that is appreciated. You have much to learn, and are already league's ahead of many neonates that have entered my home." He turned the box around, and slid it to her, offering her one should she choose it.

"You may call me Prince Cherro, or Master Cherro if you are so inclined. I am not so uptight as to demand anything beyond "yes sir" or "no sir". I prefer to keep such relationships professional rather than monarchic."

"I am, I suppose you would say a member, of the Camarilla. The organization in which governs vampire kind. It keeps us safe and hidden. I am what is called a Prince, I rule the vampires of this city, and keep them in line with the traditions. I see they have their needs met, and see that things are run smoothly for the sake of a our long existence. That is the simple version."

"The one that you call Sire is the vampire that Embraced you. Though I will decree now that you currently have no Sire, for he will be meeting the most severe of punishments. Unfortunately, I do not know which Clan that you belong to. And I doubt that right now that you would be very receptive to me tasting your blood to find out."

"I should hope you have never dealt with a vampire before. As that is major thing that you will learn. We abide by something that we call the Masquerade. You will never reveal yourself to a human. This is for your safety as well as that of humanity. I will be assigning you a mentor, and she will be teaching you these things."

Amanda was upset. No, not just upset, she was pissed. She didn't know much about the pact that existed between the Garou and the vampires other to say that they didn't mess with one another, and there were certain places that she had to avoid unless she wanted to trample on some licks' territory and start an incident. But what she did know is that the weres and Kinfolk in the city were supposed to be off limits to the vampires giving the Embrace, and now she has just learned that one of her own cousins was now a vampire! This is unacceptable! But such issues are, to use a phrase, above her pay grade. The leader of the Pack and this Jon Cherro have some things to discuss, and she has to play nice with these blood suckers.

Driving through the early evening hours to the manor house of the Prince gave Amanda a chance to wonder just what the hell is going on here. How is it possible for Kelsey to get turned? A rogue vampire in the city? Is this the truth, or is this just some cover story that this Prince is giving to keep full out warfare from erupting between the Garou and the vamps in the city? Either way, she has been warned by her Alpha to play nice and not to antagonize this Jon Cherro, and to leave the negotiations between the Pack and the vampires to others.

She pulls her car around in the driveway and is barely stopped before a valet is there to park her car for her. Amanda tosses her keys to him, looking about as she gets out of the car. Walking up the steps to the thin man that waited for her, she offers up a polite smile. "Yes, thank you. I would very much enjoy a glass of wine while I wait for Mr. Cherro and Kelsey to be ready to entertain visitors." She is very much uneasy, but is doing her best to keep from freaking out at being around so many vampires and ghouls. Right now, Amanda is glad that she left her Klaive at home.

The thin man nods, and gestures you into the lobby of the mansion. It was as stunning as, well, a mansion. For a dead as Cherro was, he certainly keeping his home quite vibrant and warm. Compensating? Perhaps. Or just to put people at ease.

Just behind you, you could hear a greeting addressed to the thin man. 'Joe' he seemed to be called. His attention was turned away from you as he greeted the approaching woman.

The night was still fairly early, not even near seven yet and the strip club was already in full swing. From the outside perspective, you saw the flashing red, pink, and purple lights from within and could hear the vibrations from the base of the pop/hip-hop music that played especially when patrons entered and left the club. Standing outside the club in a deep discussion with the bouncer was Anton Jacobs, the owner of the club and a somewhat well-known gang affiliate within the city. A seemingly expensive sleek black car had pulled up to the club and smoke from the exhaust was very visible within the cold night air. Up until the lanky man had exited from the club Anton had his guard up and a hand tucked into his coat with a firm grip on his pistol he kept for protection but once he got a look of the man his hand slowly released the gun in his pocket. He had seen this man's type before and obviously knew this ghoul was here for Kira.

The man with the dark hollow eyes simply flipped an enclosed letter in his hands passing it over to Anton with a simple " Be sure Miss graves receives this letter" and with that he and the car had quickly departed into the night. With a huff Anton had pushed through the club's door as you could hear the men cheering and clapping, whistling even, glasses clinked and cigar smoke filled the air. Akon's " I wanna love you" played faintly in the background as Anton reached the curtain to one of the private rooms within the back. As his hand went to grab the curtain he heard the suckling sound and the deep, low moans and whimpers of a man within and he already knew what this was. He let out a cough announcing himself " Kira." he said as he pulled the curtain back and not to his surprise there she was topless straddled in the lap of a middle-aged man fangs deep in his neck as the blood pored down his shirt

Kira was deep into a feeding of one of her more easily seduced regulars, this wasn't uncommon for her but it was a select few that she knew wouldn't mind and would keep coming back as to not break the masquerade. They were also easily compelled to believe they had just drunk too much and only remember a fun time with the redhead which had made them want to keep coming back. " Kira." She heard her name being nervously called by a familiar voice, she licked the last drops from the man's neck and pushed his head aside with her hands forcing his unconscious body to just slam back against the couch as she turned around to see Anton standing there with a letter in his hand. Within a blink of an eye, her delicate long-nailed manicured hand had grasped the letter from him and she was already opening it reading its contents. " Thank you, Anton, you're dismissed," She said sweetly and with a hint of seduction as she did with most people she was close to..well using. As Anton quietly left the private room she kicked the john off of the couch onto the floor so she could lay herself on the couch as she went over the letter once again. The prince was expecting her company tonight which rose suspicion within her, Cherro was nothing but cordial to her but there was still something about the uptight ever pristine prince she just didn't trust. She knew one day he would call on her to repay the debt she owed to him for keeping her safe in this little town, she still remembered when they met not long after Louie had abandoned her leaving her defenseless. She was a wreck and Cherro offered her safety and a home, she owed him pretty much her afterlife so there wasn't any way she could refuse the prince. She pulled her Channel black fur coat off the couch that she got off a man that was a little too handsy with her and draped it over her exposed body as she made her way to her little haven upstairs to get ready for what was sure to be an eventful night.

As the strip clubs, black SUV pulled up outside of the prince's mansion the driver quickly got out making his way over to opening Kira's door for her. She took the driver's hand elegantly exiting the car as the door was closed behind her. She pulled the same black fur coat close to herself that was now draped over a skin-tight sleeveless black dress that hugged the curves of her body. As she elegantly walked toward the entrance of the mansion heels clacking against the pavement that had her standing well over 6ft She noticed Joe the prince's right-hand man, his main ghoul, talking with a cute glasses-wearing redhead. Kira was quite fond of joe, as fond, as she could be for a mortal, his first time meeting her he had asked her for her autograph on an old magazine cover she had done back in her mortal modeling days. Most of the people that would recognize her would be people that were obsessed with 90's fashion or supermodels and a specific set of vampires/ghouls that knew of her story and background and just found something they liked within her, she believed joe to be the latter. As she reached up to joe and the redhead she put a delicate hand on joes shoulder and gently pecked the side of his cheek, a greeting she did with most people she was close to. " Good to see you joe," she said warmly in a voice that was music to the ears for most humans and even vampires, She then turned her attention to the other redhead and she could tell there was something different about her but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "Good evening." She said with a delicate smile to the girl that was becoming increasingly intriguing to her.

At the peck on his cheek you could feel the flush in his cheeks at your presence, no doubt reacting to your presence. Joseph smiled brightly at her, and at her warm welcome. "Miss Graves, as always it is a pleasure to see you. Welcome! Please come inside."

With both women inside, and the door closed to the October chill, Joseph snapped his fingers, "Tessa, wine please, for our guest." He said, and a maid in the corner scurried off.

"May I take your coat, Miss Graves, Miss Greene?" He asked politely.

"Master Cherro is having a few words with Miss Williams, right now. He wished that she was settled before bombarding her with company. I suspect that you will be summoned any second."

With service as quick as one would hope, Tessa, returned bearing a silver tray with a single glass of wine. She was middle aged woman of Hispanic decent, pretty but by no means gorgeous, yet she carried herself with a well practiced grace. She held the tray out for Amanda to take the glass. Blackberry. You could smell it quite well as you picked it up.

"Master Cherro will be treating the two of you to breakfast."

"Miss Greene, our cook is busy helping set up your cousins new domicile. As such, I will be responsible for your meal. I am by no means as good as he, but It is a specialty of mine, I do hope you enjoy."

"Miss Graves, the Prince does not wish to disturb his guest with the kindreds usual methods of feeding, yet she still needs to eat. You and him will both be breaking fast on bags today. Matai and Theresa have generously offered themselves as a vessels. Not as fancy as you may be used to, but I assure you that it will still be freshly warm when it arrives. It is being drawn as we speak."

"Oh, and before I forget. Miss Williams is newly blooded, and Master Cherro wishes you to welcome her kindly."

The thin man looked then to Amanda,"I understand that she is your cousin. And I can imagine seeing her may not be easy for you. But do try to get her to eat, if you can. If she does try to resist her new instincts, a bit of familial encouragement could help. I do sympathize, Miss Greene, I truly do, but we are doing what we can for her."

Kelsey lets out a nervous chuckle. "I think that I am more in shock than anything else. I've heard of vampires, and I knew that they existed before now, but it was always something off in the distance; never to be dealt with in person. Now I am one. It is a lot to take in." She looks around the room at he décor, trying to make sense of everything going on in her head. "I have been told that there was a vampire in charge of the city, running it from behind the scenes, but I never thought that I would ever meet you. From what I've heard, you must be quite powerful to keep in charge of things, and I am hardly in a position to speak against your wishes if I want to continue on as I am. Being alive, sort of, that is."

She looks back to Cherro and says, "I want to know more about myself, and what it means to be one of us. But other than rumors and fairy tales, I hardly know what is the truth and what is mere fiction. What do I do?"

Kelsey lets out a nervous chuckle. "I think that I am more in shock than anything else. I've heard of vampires, and I knew that they existed before now, but it was always something off in the distance; never to be dealt with in person. Now I am one. It is a lot to take in." She looks around the room at he décor, trying to make sense of everything going on in her head. "I have been told that there was a vampire in charge of the city, running it from behind the scenes, but I never thought that I would ever meet you. From what I've heard, you must be quite powerful to keep in charge of things, and I am hardly in a position to speak against your wishes if I want to continue on as I am. Being alive, sort of, that is."

She looks back to Cherro and says, "I want to know more about myself, and what it means to be one of us. But other than rumors and fairy tales, I hardly know what is the truth and what is mere fiction. What do I do?"

"More than just vampires exist in this world, brace yourself for that. You are witnessing a veil being pulled back, and the world you once knew is going to seem very different. Demons. Ghosts. Magicians. Werewolves. All sorts of nasties. As a matter of fact, you are not alone among your kin in being a part of the supernatural, but I fear they are quite angry at this. More angry than I am, perhaps." Cherro shook his head regretfully, and lit his cigar with an electric lighter he retrieved from the box.

"Yes, I am quite powerful here. I am required to be. The small size of Asheville makes my job much easier, but at the same time it requires me to be much more hands on. The smaller the city, the less we can get away with, thus the stronger web that must be weaved in order to keep the Masquerade. And the more restrictive I must be on the numbers of kindred in my city. And you are right to believe that you are in no position to go against my wishes. I just hope that you come to see my authority as for your own good."

With a few good puffs to make sure it was properly lit, he let the smoke out in a thick billowing cloud that drifted upwards. "What it means to be kindred... such a question is oftened defined by the Clan we are born into. I am of the Ventrue, we are the Clan of Kings." He said with a chuckle. "Nobles among our kind. But even that is too simplistic of a description to take seriously. But that is how we rationalize things. Clans are little more than successful bloodlines that have been able to spread without dilution. "

Cherro gestured at you, as if pointing to you as a whole, "You are the blood of your sire. It now defines you. All the quirks and traits of his lineage now belong to you. The powers and specialties his bloodline has evolved over the generations are yours, must you learn how to use them."

"With your attitude, I think you might have had the makings of a Ventrue in you. But I can almost guarantee that you are not." The man crossed his legs and gave you scrutinizing look, "As I said, I can taste your vitae. It should give me a good idea of your clan. But discovery of your sire will lend us the same answers."

"Until then, I have someone who will be acting as your mentor. She will help you integrate with the new world you are in. She will teach you the basics of what a vampire is, and to live in our world."

"As for what being a vampire should mean to you..." he said, leaning forward, "... that entirely depends on how much of your humanity you wish to keep hold of, and how tightly you cling to it as the decades pass you by."

With both women inside, and the door closed to the October chill, Joseph snapped his fingers, "Tessa, wine please, for our guest." He said, and a maid in the corner scurried off.

"Master Cherro is having a few words with Miss Williams, right now. He wished that she was settled before bombarding her with company. I suspect that you will be summoned any second."

With service as quick as one would hope, Tessa, returned bearing a silver tray with a single glass of wine. She was middle aged woman of Hispanic decent, pretty but by no means gorgeous, yet she carried herself with a well practiced grace. She held the tray out for Amanda to take the glass. Blackberry. You could smell it quite well as you picked it up.

"Miss Greene, our cook is busy helping set up your cousins new domicile. As such, I will be responsible for your meal. I am by no means as good as he, but It is a specialty of mine, I do hope you enjoy."

"Miss Graves, the Prince does not wish to disturb his guest with the kindreds usual methods of feeding, yet she still needs to eat. You and him will both be breaking fast on bags today. Matai and Theresa have generously offered themselves as a vessels. Not as fancy as you may be used to, but I assure you that it will still be freshly warm when it arrives. It is being drawn as we speak."

"Oh, and before I forget. Miss Williams is newly blooded, and Master Cherro wishes you to welcome her kindly."

The thin man looked then to Amanda,"I understand that she is your cousin. And I can imagine seeing her may not be easy for you. But do try to get her to eat, if you can. If she does try to resist her new instincts, a bit of familial encouragement could help. I do sympathize, Miss Greene, I truly do, but we are doing what we can for her."
As she reached up to joe and the redhead she put a delicate hand on joes shoulder and gently pecked the side of his cheek, a greeting she did with most people she was close to. " Good to see you joe," she said warmly in a voice that was music to the ears for most humans and even vampires, She then turned her attention to the other redhead and she could tell there was something different about her but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "Good evening." She said with a delicate smile to the girl that was becoming increasingly intriguing to her.
As they go inside, Amanda lets the man take her coat, silently wondering what she is about to step into. When the other woman talks to her, she looks over at the beauty and offers up a smile. "Hello to you, too." She is not one of our Pack, so she's either from out of town or one of the vampires here. Must tread carefully. She glances around at the decorations, then back to the other woman. "I'm Amanda." No need to go any farther in introductions yet... This woman may be dangerous, and giving her too much information could come back to bite you.

Feeling under dressed for this meeting even with dressing up a bit (especially next to the other woman, as beautiful as she is), Amanda tries to smooth out the few wrinkles in her dress before she hears this Joe fellow talking about her cousin and her need to feed, along with this other woman, and gets angry once more. Well, that answers one question; this other woman is a vampire. Must be careful around her. Damn blood suckers, taking my cousin like that. I was hoping that she'd be one of the Pack, and now Kelsey is a fucking vampire. She takes a deep, calming breath, trying to ease the tensions building up in her.

Taking a seat, she does her best to be dignified as she accepts the offered glass of wine that the servant lady brings her as she waits for the meeting with the Prince and her cousin.

The thin man nods, and gestures you into the lobby of the mansion. It was as stunning as, well, a mansion. For a dead as Cherro was, he certainly keeping his home quite vibrant and warm. Compensating? Perhaps. Or just to put people at ease.

Just behind you, you could hear a greeting addressed to the thin man. 'Joe' he seemed to be called. His attention was turned away from you as he greeted the approaching woman.

At the peck on his cheek you could feel the flush in his cheeks at your presence, no doubt reacting to your presence. Joseph smiled brightly at her, and at her warm welcome. "Miss Graves, as always it is a pleasure to see you. Welcome! Please come inside."

As they go inside, Amanda lets the man take her coat, silently wondering what she is about to step into. When the other woman talks to her, she looks over at the beauty and offers up a smile. "Hello to you, too." She is not one of our Pack, so she's either from out of town or one of the vampires here. Must tread carefully. She glances around at the decorations, then back to the other woman. "I'm Amanda." No need to go any farther in introductions yet... This woman may be dangerous, and giving her too much information could come back to bite you.

Feeling under dressed for this meeting even with dressing up a bit (especially next to the other woman, as beautiful as she is), Amanda tries to smooth out the few wrinkles in her dress before she hears this Joe fellow talking about her cousin and her need to feed, along with this other woman, and gets angry once more. Well, that answers one question; this other woman is a vampire. Must be careful around her. Damn blood suckers, taking my cousin like that. I was hoping that she'd be one of the Pack, and now Kelsey is a fucking vampire. She takes a deep, calming breath, trying to ease the tensions building up in her.

Taking a seat, she does her best to be dignified as she accepts the offered glass of wine that the servant lady brings her as she waits for the meeting with the Prince and her cousin.

Kira lightly giggles to herself as she notices the blush form across Joseph’s cheeks, She isn't unaccustomed to making a man blush with her presence it still amuses her to this day. “ A pleasure to see you as well Joe, it's been quite a while since my last meeting with the prince I hope you're both doing well. “ she says warmly in an enchanting sing-song way.

As she and the other girl enter with Joe she softly gives her coat to the man after Miss Greene. “ Thank you joseph” she says turning to the woman once she introduces herself. “ I'm Kira, it's lovely to meet you “ she says warmly as she notices Amanda eye her, seems she might be intrigued just as much as I am. She Notices the woman fix her dress beside her and Kira takes notice of the garment, it seems to fit her really well and she looks quite nice in it. " That is a really beautiful dress, the color really compliments your skin tone and eyes nicely," she says kindly to Amanda as she notices Joseph mention that the chef will be preparing a meal for her meaning she is a mortal who knows about our kind then she assumes as joseph mentions blood bags nonchalantly in front of her. " The bag is perfectly fine Joe," she says with a pretty smile " I had a little bite" she smirks to herself at the word "already before coming," she answers softly.

Kira notices the energy of the room has shifted once Joseph brings up what seems like the unfortunate circumstances of Miss Greene's cousin's embrace. Kira just looks with sympathy at Amanda My own embrace was one of nightmares so the feeling isn't unfamiliar to myself, How scared and unsure her cousin must feel just the way I was. Kira's seemingly bright and flirty nature seems to shift to one of hurt and sadness, shell try and keep on a confident understanding face especially within the presence of Cherro but this is all feeling too close to herself, and she's been good about pushing this feeling away but it's coming up to a boil within her.​

Kelsey is quiet for a moment as the Prince talks, then she finally says, "So, in order for you to learn more about me and the vampire that did this to me, you need my blood? How does that work? Do you need to . . . bite . . . me? Or something like that?" She is trying to be brave, but is feeling quite nervous right now.

Kelsey is quiet for a moment as the Prince talks, then she finally says, "So, in order for you to learn more about me and the vampire that did this to me, you need my blood? How does that work? Do you need to . . . bite . . . me? Or something like that?" She is trying to be brave, but is feeling quite nervous right now.

Taking a drag of his cigar, he let out the smoke in a deep chuckle, "No, no. We would not do anything like that. That would be messy. A poke with a scalpel or knife to draw some out is all that would be required."

"Over the years, you will come to distinguish blood like you could food. While you have countless years to practice new skills, becoming a connoisseur of blood will come naturally."

Jon Cherro looked at the doorway and nodded, and you could here the slight sound of footsteps as someone hurried off. "But it would wait until you aren't almost starving. Before I can check your vitae, you first need vitae in you. Already its a miracle that you haven't frenzied and went on a feeding spree like many new bloods who have been left to your own devices. We don't want that to happen, so lets have breakfast, shall we?"

Psychie Psychie bambiighoul bambiighoul

Joseph chuckled with a shake of his head, "If I had a nickel for every time I have heard that pun..." he said as a man in a simple black suit and tie came from a hallway at other side of the lobby. Unlike Joseph, this man was built like a bald guerrilla. A dark skinned giant. He looked like he could get into a fist fight with a werewolf and win.

Kira would recognize this man as a fellow vampire. She has seen him a few times at the compound, and you assumed him to be the Prince's bodyguard. Though he was oddly enough one of the only kindred outside of the Primogen that was on a first name basis with the Prince. You remember his name to be Raul.

"Jon is ready for his guests, Mister Scanlon." He said, with a voice like a sub-woofer. "Do not keep him waiting."

Joseph responded with a nod and guided the two women to their destination.

_____

Amanda and Kira were lead to a room that was a short way down the hall from which the giant man had come. Joseph knocked on the door, before opening it and allowing them to step through. He would not follow.

And there, as expected, was the Prince. And the newly blooded Kelsey Williams.

"Welcome, both of you. Please be seated. Miss Williams, this is Miss Graves. And I am sure you need no introduction to Miss Greene, here." He said quite simply, then leaned back in the chair to enjoy his cigar. Behind a second door in the room, rattling of plates and platters could be heard.

Psychie Psychie bambiighoul bambiighoul

Joseph chuckled with a shake of his head, "If I had a nickel for every time I have heard that pun..." he said as a man in a simple black suit and tie came from a hallway at other side of the lobby. Unlike Joseph, this man was built like a bald guerrilla. A dark skinned giant. He looked like he could get into a fist fight with a werewolf and win.

Kira would recognize this man as a fellow vampire. She has seen him a few times at the compound, and you assumed him to be the Prince's bodyguard. Though he was oddly enough one of the only kindred outside of the Primogen that was on a first name basis with the Prince. You remember his name to be Raul.

"Jon is ready for his guests, Mister Scanlon." He said, with a voice like a sub-woofer. "Do not keep him waiting."

Joseph responded with a nod and guided the two women to their destination.

_____

Amanda and Kira were lead to a room that was a short way down the hall from which the giant man had come. Joseph knocked on the door, before opening it and allowing them to step through. He would not follow.

And there, as expected, was the Prince. And the newly blooded Kelsey Williams.

"Welcome, both of you. Please be seated. Miss Williams, this is Miss Graves. And I am sure you need no introduction to Miss Greene, here." He said quite simply, then leaned back in the chair to enjoy his cigar. Behind a second door in the room, rattling of plates and platters could be heard.
Kira was lost in her own thoughts for a good couple of seconds until she heard the sound of very heavy feet through the halls approaching them. She quickly turned her attention to the towering mammoth size of a man that approached them, she knew him as a fellow vampire and assumed he was Cherro's main bodyguard. Holy hell he's even more massive and domineering than I remembered damn, Kira's body tensed up as she eyed the man, Raul always made her feel uneasy for some reason maybe the size? but she thinks it might be even more than that. His quiet domineering nature was just very unsettling to her. She gave the giant a nod responding to his demand/request as she followed Joseph and Miss Greene to the room that had Cherro and new to Kira Miss Williams sitting by an extravagant table.

As Kira entered the room she put on the best beautifully charismatic smile she could muster up as her mind was still a torment to her in the background of her own thoughts especially as she eyed the newly embraced Miss Williams and looking at her sent a sharp twinge in her undead heart. She gave a sweet simple smile to Miss Williams " Pleasure " was all she could get out without falling apart. She took all her strength and looked over to the prince making sure her aura and appearance were as beautiful and charming as they had been any other time, " Prince Cherro, I hope you're doing well its been quite some time since our last visit" she said enchantingly, eyeing the prince trying her best to be polite and cordial but still untrusting of him in general.​

Amanda is not able to contain herself when she sees Kelsey: she moves forward and gives her cousin a tight hug, whispering in her ear, "I am here for you, no matter what." After a long moment, she allows herself to let go and step back to acknowledge the man in the room.

With an awkward curtsy, she says, "Prince Cherro. On behalf of my Pack, I offer up my thanks for having me here tonight." She then slips into a seat next to Kelsey and reaches out for her hand.

Kelsey lets her cousin pull her into the hug and returns it with a firm squeeze, feeling a wave of emotion wash over her. With a catch in her voice, she manages to murmur out, "Thank you, Amanda. I needed to hear that from you." She lets go of her cousin and sits back in her seat once more, trying to maintain a level of dignity in front of the Prince and this other woman.

Turning to her, Kelsey gives her a polite nod. "Hello there, Ms. Graves."

Kira was lost in her own thoughts for a good couple of seconds until she heard the sound of very heavy feet through the halls approaching them. She quickly turned her attention to the towering mammoth size of a man that approached them, she knew him as a fellow vampire and assumed he was Cherro's main bodyguard. Holy hell he's even more massive and domineering than I remembered damn, Kira's body tensed up as she eyed the man, Raul always made her feel uneasy for some reason maybe the size? but she thinks it might be even more than that. His quiet domineering nature was just very unsettling to her. She gave the giant a nod responding to his demand/request as she followed Joseph and Miss Greene to the room that had Cherro and new to Kira Miss Williams sitting by an extravagant table.

As Kira entered the room she put on the best beautifully charismatic smile she could muster up as her mind was still a torment to her in the background of her own thoughts especially as she eyed the newly embraced Miss Williams and looking at her sent a sharp twinge in her undead heart. She gave a sweet simple smile to Miss Williams " Pleasure " was all she could get out without falling apart. She took all her strength and looked over to the prince making sure her aura and appearance were as beautiful and charming as they had been any other time, " Prince Cherro, I hope you're doing well its been quite some time since our last visit" she said enchantingly, eyeing the prince trying her best to be polite and cordial but still untrusting of him in general.​

It was never wise to trust a Prince. Not at face value. Just like with any kindred. Even those as seemingly affable as Cherro. One doesn't keep that position as long as he has by being nice. One doesn't get there by being nice. You know all to well how to play nice to get what you want from humans. From other kindred. If he is playing such a game, you know he would have much more experience playing it than you.

You notice his eyes taking you in, as expected. You are indeed as lovely as a Toreadore there is in this city. But in his eyes you detect amusement rather than the lust or hunger that you are used to seeimg when you do this with mortals.

"That I have. Aside from recent events, that is. You will hear that in good time."

Amanda is not able to contain herself when she sees Kelsey: she moves forward and gives her cousin a tight hug, whispering in her ear, "I am here for you, no matter what." After a long moment, she allows herself to let go and step back to acknowledge the man in the room.

With an awkward curtsy, she says, "Prince Cherro. On behalf of my Pack, I offer up my thanks for having me here tonight." She then slips into a seat next to Kelsey and reaches out for her hand.

The Prince nods at your curtsy, recognizing the gesture even if you needed practice.

"You are welcome. Do not be afraid to enjoy yourself as a guest here. It is not often I get the chance to entertain one of your kind, I hope my hospitality will not disappoint."

"I spent the first quarter of the day discussing these situations with your Council of Elders. They are, rightfully, not happy. The assault on Miss Williams is under investigation, and as soon as I learn more on who this vampire is, I will see a Blood Hunt is called. Should the offender be taken alive, I shall give him to you Sept to receive punishment as an act of good faith."

"What you need to know is that I have also been put into a bind here. To embrace without permission is a serious offense. Tradition dictates that both Miss Williams and her Sire be destroyed." He said seriously, but held up his hand to prevent Amanda from objecting.

"However, i hold to the traditions as loosely as you garou hold to the litany. Miss Williams is a special circumstance, not only do I like the cut of her jib, but she holds relation to you. I have waived any penalty she will receive."

_____

There was more rattling from the back door and it finally opened. Joseph and two other servants brought in trays.

In front of Kira and Kelsey, bright white ceramic plates were set down, atop each were a bag of blood and a napkin of soft Crimson fabric. The bags would be warm to the touch, with a nozzle for easy drinking without making a mess. Jon Cherro also received such a plate.

Amanda however, received a covered plate delivered to her by Joseph. And from it you could smell sweet, savory, and spicey scents. He lifted the covered to reveal a tw quarters of a thick fluffy waffle and two straps of fried chicken. With a small bottle of maple syrup to the side.

"Are we a Denny's now, Mister Scanlon?" The Prince asked, eying the plate with an arched brow.

"You did ask for casual, Master Cherro." Joseph reminded.

"That I did, that I did."

The Prince cleared his throat, "There will be no need for Etiquette, we will be discussing as we dine. I will be having a job for each of you. One that benefits both of our kind. But before I begin,"

He looks over to Amanda. "It is my understanding that she is not of the kinfolk. Miss Greene, I think best the revelation should come from you. Would you care to explain to Miss Williams what it is that you are, and of the family that she comes from?"

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie bambiighoul bambiighoul

"I spent the first quarter of the day discussing these situations with your Council of Elders. They are, rightfully, not happy. The assault on Miss Williams is under investigation, and as soon as I learn more on who this vampire is, I will see a Blood Hunt is called. Should the offender be taken alive, I shall give him to you Sept to receive punishment as an act of good faith."

"What you need to know is that I have also been put into a bind here. To embrace without permission is a serious offense. Tradition dictates that both Miss Williams and her Sire be destroyed." He said seriously, but held up his hand to prevent Amanda from objecting.

"However, i hold to the traditions as loosely as you garou hold to the litany. Miss Williams is a special circumstance, not only do I like the cut of her jib, but she holds relation to you. I have waived any penalty she will receive."
When Kelsey hears Prince Cherro talking about the assault on her and how it has angered many of the other vampires in the city, she feels a bit uneasy. No one likes to be the source of tension, and apparently, what was done to her is a serious violation of the rules. Then, when he says so casually that under normal circumstances she would be destroyed, a chill goes up her spine. I suppose I should count myself lucky, then, and make a note to try and play nice with this Council of Elders.

In front of Kira and Kelsey, bright white ceramic plates were set down, atop each were a bag of blood and a napkin of soft Crimson fabric. The bags would be warm to the touch, with a nozzle for easy drinking without making a mess. Jon Cherro also received such a plate.
With the arrival of the pouch of blood, Kelsey has to focus herself on not just grabbing it and guzzling it down. She didn't realize until then just how hungry she was, even with a tiny voice in the back of her mind that is screaming at the thought of drinking blood from any source. She offers up a brief smile to the servant that brought out the blood, then, with a shaky hand, she carefully raises up the pouch to her lips and takes a sip of the dark fluid inside. A rush comes over her as she drinks, feeling the power of the blood as it flows into her. It is quite a rush. I wonder, will it be the same when I have to drink from a person? Or is it even better?

She doesn't say anything as she carefully drinks, trying not to spill any of the precious blood inside, and as she does so, Kelsey is doing her best to not look over at Amanda. The sight of her drinking blood may be a bit much for her cousin to bear.

Once she is done, Kelsey sets the empty bag down and says, "Thank you, Prince Cherro, for not holding my sire's crimes against me. I know that my . . . entrance . . . into your society was unorthodox to say the least, but I am grateful that I will have a chance to continue on with my life, such as it is now. I am certain that there are many rules that I will need to learn, and I promise that I will do my best to not cross this Council of Elders or yourself any more than I have already."

It was never wise to trust a Prince. Not at face value. Just like with any kindred. Even those as seemingly affable as Cherro. One doesn't keep that position as long as he has by being nice. One doesn't get there by being nice. You know all to well how to play nice to get what you want from humans. From other kindred. If he is playing such a game, you know he would have much more experience playing it than you.

You notice his eyes taking you in, as expected. You are indeed as lovely as a Toreadore there is in this city. But in his eyes you detect amusement rather than the lust or hunger that you are used to seeimg when you do this with mortals.

"That I have. Aside from recent events, that is. You will hear that in good time."

The Prince nods at your curtsy, recognizing the gesture even if you needed practice.

"You are welcome. Do not be afraid to enjoy yourself as a guest here. It is not often I get the chance to entertain one of your kind, I hope my hospitality will not disappoint."

_____

There was more rattling from the back door and it finally opened. Joseph and two other servants brought in trays.

Amanda however, received a covered plate delivered to her by Joseph. And from it you could smell sweet, savory, and spicey scents. He lifted the covered to reveal a tw quarters of a thick fluffy waffle and two straps of fried chicken. With a small bottle of maple syrup to the side.

"Are we a Denny's now, Mister Scanlon?" The Prince asked, eying the plate with an arched brow.

"You did ask for casual, Master Cherro." Joseph reminded.

"That I did, that I did."

The Prince cleared his throat, "There will be no need for Etiquette, we will be discussing as we dine. I will be having a job for each of you. One that benefits both of our kind. But before I begin,"

He looks over to Amanda. "It is my understanding that she is not of the kinfolk. Miss Greene, I think best the revelation should come from you. Would you care to explain to Miss Williams what it is that you are, and of the family that she comes from?"

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie bambiighoul bambiighoul

Kira notices the way Cherro gazes at her in amusement and she ever so gently forms a smirk on her face, entertained I'll take it, as long as someone's eye is on her shell take it any form, amusement, adoration, envy, lust...hate. Kira gently and gracefully pulls out one of the chairs across from the girls and next to the prince and sits with one long leg crossed over the other admiring her nails to herself. Once Amanda says the word pack Kira's amber eyes focus right on her werewolf...interesting Kira has never had an encounter with one of Miss Greene's kind before, Amanda just keeps getting more and more interesting to her. " Tradition states .." Cherro goes on and Kira's eyes widen he wouldn't... " However" he continues and Kira lets out a small sigh of relief and continues to watch on.

Rattling noises are heard coming from the kitchen and once again Kira's focus has changed, Joseph and other Servants bring out elegant little trays that Kira eyes as they are placed in front of everyone. " Thank you," Kira says kindly as she softly picks up the warm baggy into her hand and the other has her nails around the little straw as she begins to sip down the warm red liquid " Are we a Denny's now" FUCK Kira almost spits out the blood and has to cover her mouth to keep her from laughing at the shady comment made by the prince " sorry," she states with a giggle. Kira's ears perk up with the word " Job" and her cat-like eyes squint at the prince, there it is.. I knew it was coming eventually. With a delicate hand through her hair and a tilted head " Job?" she begins to ask the prince but she's cut over by the prince announcing that Miss Williams had no idea her cousin was a Werewolf. Her eyes are once again transfixed on Amanda .. This should be interesting.

Amanda offers up a crooked smile as she is served the waffles and hash browns, not quite expecting breakfast food for her dinner, but hey, who's going to complain about a free meal from the vampire's Prince? Then she can feel her smile slip a bit. Is it really a free meal? This is a vampire we're talking about. They plot and scheme as easily as mortals breathe. There is probably going to be a catch for this, above and beyond having a member of the family as a member of the undead.

She looks over at Kelsey occasionally as she eats, feeling a bit awkward watching her drinking a pouch of blood instead of enjoying a good meal of solid food.

It is not until the group is done with their meals - be it liquid or solid food - that Amanda leans back and says, "Prince Cherro, you must let your cook know that this meal was excellent, and I thank both you and him for the fine meal." She starts to feel a bit hesitant at this point, knowing that the true purpose of her being invited over here by this vampire will soon be made apparent. Looking over at the Prince, she says, "I am wondering, just why it is that you have asked my Alpha for my presence in this meeting. It would seem to me that if you were looking to avoid all out warfare between the Kindred and Garou in the city, you would be better off having my Alpha here." She then cocks her head to the side, and continues. "Unless . . . you have already had a conversation with him, and my being here is a by-product of that talk? That would explain much, but not all. Why am I here?"

Kelsey looks between the Prince and Amanda, obviously confused and curious as to what is being referenced here. She is hesitant to ask, depending on what is said by the Prince to Amanda's question of just why she is there.

When Kelsey hears Prince Cherro talking about the assault on her and how it has angered many of the other vampires in the city, she feels a bit uneasy. No one likes to be the source of tension, and apparently, what was done to her is a serious violation of the rules. Then, when he says so casually that under normal circumstances she would be destroyed, a chill goes up her spine. I suppose I should count myself lucky, then, and make a note to try and play nice with this Council of Elders.

With the arrival of the pouch of blood, Kelsey has to focus herself on not just grabbing it and guzzling it down. She didn't realize until then just how hungry she was, even with a tiny voice in the back of her mind that is screaming at the thought of drinking blood from any source. She offers up a brief smile to the servant that brought out the blood, then, with a shaky hand, she carefully raises up the pouch to her lips and takes a sip of the dark fluid inside. A rush comes over her as she drinks, feeling the power of the blood as it flows into her. It is quite a rush. I wonder, will it be the same when I have to drink from a person? Or is it even better?

She doesn't say anything as she carefully drinks, trying not to spill any of the precious blood inside, and as she does so, Kelsey is doing her best to not look over at Amanda. The sight of her drinking blood may be a bit much for her cousin to bear.

Once she is done, Kelsey sets the empty bag down and says, "Thank you, Prince Cherro, for not holding my sire's crimes against me. I know that my . . . entrance . . . into your society was unorthodox to say the least, but I am grateful that I will have a chance to continue on with my life, such as it is now. I am certain that there are many rules that I will need to learn, and I promise that I will do my best to not cross this Council of Elders or yourself any more than I have already."

"Not my Council of Elders, Miss Williams. They are not of the Kindred. And of the Kindred, I am of the highest power in this city, followed by what we call the Primogen. They are the heads of each vampire clan in the city and are my advisory council." He explained.

Amanda offers up a crooked smile as she is served the waffles and hash browns, not quite expecting breakfast food for her dinner, but hey, who's going to complain about a free meal from the vampire's Prince? Then she can feel her smile slip a bit. Is it really a free meal? This is a vampire we're talking about. They plot and scheme as easily as mortals breathe. There is probably going to be a catch for this, above and beyond having a member of the family as a member of the undead.

She looks over at Kelsey occasionally as she eats, feeling a bit awkward watching her drinking a pouch of blood instead of enjoying a good meal of solid food.

It is not until the group is done with their meals - be it liquid or solid food - that Amanda leans back and says, "Prince Cherro, you must let your cook know that this meal was excellent, and I thank both you and him for the fine meal." She starts to feel a bit hesitant at this point, knowing that the true purpose of her being invited over here by this vampire will soon be made apparent. Looking over at the Prince, she says, "I am wondering, just why it is that you have asked my Alpha for my presence in this meeting. It would seem to me that if you were looking to avoid all out warfare between the Kindred and Garou in the city, you would be better off having my Alpha here." She then cocks her head to the side, and continues. "Unless . . . you have already had a conversation with him, and my being here is a by-product of that talk? That would explain much, but not all. Why am I here?"

"I will be sure to relay the compliment to Mr. Scanlon, he will be most pleased to hear it." He told the young garou.

"To put it simply, you are first here as a representative of the Children of Gaia in seeing that what happened to Miss Williams was not foul play, but a freak accident. One that we are trying to rectify. While this could have been a task for any of your kind, your Sept Leader, Mr. Shelby recommended you due to your relationship with Miss Williams."

"The second reason you something else that Mr. Shelby and I discussed. He came to me with a matter that I have corroborated with the Camarilla, who also came to me. A matter of which is of importance to both of our kinds."

"Sept Leaders do not often get the chance to leave their territories for much the same reason a Prince does not leave his city. Too many things and threats can arise that require our attention. He is busy organizing packs as we speak, much how I already have coteries doing similar work."

Prince Cherro re-lit his cigar and leaned forward after a couple of puffs. "I received a request the other day from the Justicar. Some group is going around killing off humans that descend from a lineage of ancient mages. The Tremere have discovered that the living blood of the humans hold in place a seal that is keeping a dangerous spirit at bay. The garou have also learned of this and are acting accordingly. One if these humans have been traced to my city."

Leaning back into his chair, "Mr. Shelby believes that this is some wyrm related plot and insists that a garou has a hand in keeping this human protected. I believe differently, and while his lack of faith is irksome, I won't turn down an extra hand."

"You in particular are unique, you are going to work with the Kindred because you have a blood relation to one. Garou have you, I have Miss Williams, and we are both satisfied with this arrangement as it would be much more difficult to find another Garou willing to work with us."

Prince Cherro looked to Kelsey and Kira in turn. "Being a Kindred in my city, you are expected to pull your weight when the time comes. Keeping you all fed and organized and safe is no mean feat, and it does not come free and it does not come without effort on my part."

"Miss Willaims, this is an opportunity for you to learn how the Kindred society works, and for you to learn how you work. Cutting your teeth on something easy, if you will, and you will not be without guidance."

He gestured at Kira with his cigar. "Miss Graves, you are going to be responsible for mentoring Miss Williams here. You will show her the ropes the best you can, and get her caught up on the basics. Her circumstances are like yours, in a few ways, and I figured you two would resonate well because of it."

"There is already an agent in the city that has eyes on this human. You will be meeting with him and ensuring that no attempts on this mortals life is successful. With three kindred and a garou, this task is as easy as babysitting."

"And do not worry, I will be seeing you off with some cash to help you in this. A thousand dollars each to help with any expenses. I trust you are each armed and have transportation, if not I will see if Raul can lend you something."

bambiighoul bambiighoul Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back