Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes! You have recommended it to me as well, and I definitely must check it out as well. Alchemy and XVIIth century England sounds very appealing to me as well. Those ones seem interesting too, I love some good worldbuilding. So many for me to check out now haha
If you like D&D and similar things Warhammer fantasy is pretty cool (8th edition and previous, the new reboot kinda sucks). I've got my own army and my fiancé has two :)

Well, that's an opinion. That's why I posted mine here: it is, indeed, rather unpopular. I am not, by no means, saying that His Dark Materials is a masterpiece. I am simply stating my preference over the Harry Potter series. I like the philosophical background of His Dark Materials, when it comes to views about religious institutions, for example, something interesting for a book series whose main target is children. I am not going to say that it is the best book series I have ever read, because it surely isn't. But it was entertaining to me, at least to my younger version, and now that I am watching the series I am feeling rather nostalgic about it. Plus, it is set in a "steampunkish" (at least it has that dark academia vibe) universe, which is very appealing to me.
It's actually a fun thing to admit, but I am definitely not very acquainted with YA fantasy in general, oddly enough. But I have been wanting to get more into the genre recently, so I'll definitely check it out.

Oh certainly I wasn’t trying to invalidate your opinion. I am just not a big fan of the series personally. I tend to be an outlier though. I know a lot of people are fond of it. It was just not something that grabbed my attention.

I liked Tamora because she focused more on every day magic. Which I kinda of find interesting as a world building tactic (if ya wanna get into the books I can link you free Audiobooks for the first quartet at least).

Oh, does it have a TTRPG based on the original works? That would be so cool to play

Other way around! The wargame came first, then I think the RPG and novels were concurrent.
I've got some friends working on the new edition of the RPG, so I've got high hopes.

Unpopular opinions:

Popcorn reeks and tastes gross.
Chocolate is horrible.
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are delicious.
Rats are awesome.

'Kay.

Unpopular Opinion-

Straight romance has become boring because it's used all the time.

Edit: Gayness is where it's at. I love me some FxF

Should legalize the personal use of all drugs but still ban the distribution of harder drugs for uses outside of injection centres.

We should also legalize and regulate the prostitution industry and keep pimping from being viable, and have rigorous tests for STI's.

Last edited:
Dijon honey mustard makes all the other condiments cry about how bad they are. It's the superior mustard, an absolute allstar when it comes to taking sandwich-making to the next level.

Dijon honey mustard makes all the other condiments cry about how bad they are. It's the superior mustard, an absolute allstar when it comes to taking sandwich-making to the next level.
I don't even like mustard, but you're absolutely right.

It's a semicolon and used to link two independent clauses in the same sentence. I use them a lot, but then maybe my writing is very idiosyncratic; I use em-dashes a lot too.

"You should write for yourself, not because you want others to read."

No, I write because I like the feedback and to hear what other people think about ideas I have/created. Honestly, I wouldn't write otherwise because what's the point? It's easier to just daydream all of it and I could put the effort/energy into something else if that were the case. I don't find anything wrong with people writing to garner attention to their work, it's rewarding and people get free content to consume essentially.

If you hate writing and are only writing for attention that's something else entirely.

For people in the US to say that white people have never faced any oppression or hardship is dismissing the fact that many white Americans have ancestors that immigrated to the US in the last 100 years, because of difficult hardships and oppressions aimed at their country of origin or faith...so they are denying people their history.

Older games/anime are better than most modern day titles.

I freaking loved James Cameron's Avatar. I do not care that people call it Pocahontas in space. Fuck that shit, I've watched it too many times to count and I still enjoy it. Sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back