Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasy and sci-fi media gets nitpicked for minor flaws and (subjective) mistakes in logic far too often nowadays, ignoring the actual story these pieces try to convey.

People who bring politics into everything, regardless of where they are on the political compass, are for more annoying on twitter than any Kpop stan ever will be.

Sure, I will admit it does grind my gears when I click on a tag and I find its just a bunch of middle schoolers tricking twitters algorithm again. But something that will forever annoy me is when there's an obviously lighthearted trending tag like "Taco Tuesday" or "Caturday Pictures" and all you'll find is a bunch of people making passive-aggressive tweets about the President or some other political figure they don't like.

It's like, dude come on I clicked because I wanted cute pictures of cats or because I wanted to see awesome tacos people made, not to hear you whine even more about politics. And it's even worse because it's not like nothing political ever trends, they're trending tags about who they hate literally every day so I don't know why they gotta bring that to other tags.

Like, do you not have anything else to do when you're not arguing about politics or something? Even now, I found someone up above making a really political statement on a thread that's obviously meant to be light-hearted. Some people for real just like to only talk about politics, or this issue or that issue, even when everyone else just wants to talk about something silly and not serious.

there shouldn't be such things as millionaires and above.

also famous people should not be on tiktok, let us basic normies get clout for like a day please.

The toggle action is superior to all other autoloading handgun actions.

And AK’s are waaaay overrated in reliability. Pour some mud on it and watch a semi auto be converted to a bolt action
66EBB3C4-E113-4FDD-B80E-8AF4FE0479CF.jpeg

I liked The Rise of Skywalker.

Watermelon is the worst fruit.

Harem Anime’s have no development and are annoying.

Epstein didn’t kill himself.

Nothing beats oysters fresh out of a can. Nothing.

I believe people are inherently good and I believe what you do or don't contribute to society shouldn't determine your worth.

Last edited:
Also, creepypastas are stupid and not creepy at all.
Taking that part of your opinion since it mirrors mine... Also I still cannot fathom why people consider NES Godzilla a scary story especially when it ends with the ghost of the protag's girlfriend helping him beat the spoopy video game.

Your opinion isn't valid unless you can give an adequate argument for why you believe in it. And if that argument involves cherry-picking, strawmanning, or straight-up making facts up, it's not adequate. On a similar note, if you can't be bothered to fact check that outrageous-sounding claim on facebook before sharing it, I have about as much respect for you as if you made it up yourself.

This is just for politics/morality/etc. I don't need a five-page cited essay for why you like vanilla ice cream best. But if you think we should go to war with ____, please be able to explain yourself.

For those of you who watch Umbrella Academy, Luther ain’t that bad of a character. He just stupid and emotional constipated, so y’all can stop hating him. He’s just dumb. Dumb people aren’t always horrendous or awful to be around. Especially if they’re family. So all you Luther haters out there, I respect your opinion but it’s biased based on other characters that you like.

I don't acknowledge that Trans is an irl gender, or any other gender outside of Male or Female. And I find it annoyingly ironic when people can't tolerate my beliefs on that subject, but expect me to tolerate theirs.
i don't really know what to say to this aside from what the heck lmao. it almost sounds like blatant trolling. nonetheless, my point: it's very privileged to express this harmful opinion as simply a belief or a difference in opinion, and then express your annoyance when people don't agree with you. in reality, what you're saying is harmful to an entire marginalized community. there is no "trans" gender, it's not a separate gender, nor is there such thing as an "irl gender". whether you like it or not, or are familiar with the concept or not, trans people are human beings who deserve to be acknowledged and respected.

That reminds me a discussion I was having with my cousin. She was talking about how there is now often the option to play as a male or female character in many video games, and that the next step should be implementing a scale for the character's gender presentation. I'd imagine that's an unpopular opinion. My personal take on that would be to at the very least add the option to specify pronouns, since I've seen that implemented very successfully in the past in various indie games. Though in the realm of storytelling the usefulness likely varies on a case by case basis what makes sense.

In regards to real life, it would be very nice to allow for the option to specify gender identity in more of the paper forms people have to fill out. I am currently doing research on nonbinary healthcare, and there is a definitive lack of prior research that specifies non-binary gender identities as an option for self identification. It is becoming more common to see trans male and trans female becoming more common options, which is nice. I like to think it indicates research is moving on the right track. Acceptance seems to be shifting towards being a more popular opinion, which brings with it a much healthier and richer environment to explore when it comes to the human mind.

Yet popular or unpopular, no one's identity can be willed out of existence. People will be who they are, and the increased expression of various genders is just reflective of what already exists.

I don't acknowledge that Trans is an irl gender, or any other gender outside of Male or Female. And I find it annoyingly ironic when people can't tolerate my beliefs on that subject, but expect me to tolerate theirs.

I can understand identifying as male or female when you're not already, but identifying as neither male nor female is completely beyond my comprehension.

I can understand identifying as male or female when you're not already, but identifying as neither male nor female is completely beyond my comprehension.

I can get how that's hard to get a handle on. My perspective is that it's a matter of increasing your vocabulary to reflect the diversity of gender expression. Gender is somewhat of a nebulous concept to begin with. Like, what does it mean to see oneself as "male" or "female"? Binary genders certainly exist, as people identify themselves as such. But when trying to pin down what specifically it means, things get squirrelly. It is partly gender roles, but also not. That is why you will see cultures with three or more genders. They add more terminology to try to define variations in gender. Similarly, nonbinary genders are identified in the English language as people become increasingly aware of the diversity which exists among people.

Though I say all that, maybe it's just easier to accept when one knows nonbinary folk. I've certainly gotten more used to the concept as I've gotten to know people who do not identify as male or female. It seems straightforward in my brain, but who can say if it would be obvious without real world information to draw from. (That is something which interests me, from a research perspective)

it's a difficult concept to wrap your head around in american (and western) society, i definitely understand that. but i will say this, as a nonbinary individual: i and many other nonbinary folks don't necessarily need you or others to understand our gender identities, but we do demand respect like any other human beings. just because folks don't specifically understand us doesn't mean they can ridicule us, pick us apart, or act as if we don't exist yknow what i mean?

i don't really know what to say to this aside from what the heck lmao. it almost sounds like blatant trolling. nonetheless, my point: it's very privileged to express this harmful opinion as simply a belief or a difference in opinion, and then express your annoyance when people don't agree with you. in reality, what you're saying is harmful to an entire marginalized community. there is no "trans" gender, it's not a separate gender, nor is there such thing as an "irl gender". whether you like it or not, or are familiar with the concept or not, trans people are human beings who deserve to be acknowledged and respected.
And this is exactly what I mean. I come out with my belief (which is substantiated by fact, but let's not get into that), and I immediately get called a "troll", I get called "privileged", and get accused of being "harmful" to the community for my beliefs. I'm not annoyed that people don't agree with me. I'm annoyed that they don't see the irony in rallying against me. I've been verbally attacked in forums (not here, obvs) when I was just asking questions. I've been called names, when all I was being was cordial. I've been made to feel like I need to disregard the things I believe in, lest I always be attacked and shamed. And even if I got on the bandwagon, it would be disingenuous and only so that I could "get along". And that I suspect, is how a lot of people feel (but are too afraid to say).

People can believe whatever they want. They can have whatever opinions of themselves and their identities. Just don't force those beliefs on others. I'm not calling any particular individual out, I'm not harassing anyone specific. But if I happen to have a differing viewpoint on the matter, suddenly I'm the bad guy and some white knight inevitably comes pointing the accusatory finger. You don't see the hypocrisy in that?

I'm not allowed to have my own set of beliefs, but you can have yours? Is that how this equality thing works, now?

I'm not disregarding "Trans" (and other non-binary) people as humans. They are definitely human, humans with opinions. And not all opinions agree.

Last edited:
oh, and by "irl gender" I was referring to the fact that I don't care about what gender people RP as. so identify as whatever you wish in a roleplay. This site doesn't ERP, and I don't do romances. So It doesn't really matter what ANY character identifies as, and it won't affect my story. I probably could have phrased that better, but... meh

Also, I wasn't aware that this was going to turn into a debate. I was just making my statement, the same as everyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back