Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never claimed that they did. But enough people cared about in order to create a new term so I don't see your point.
And how many of those people were Latino? I guarantee you ten to one that not a single one of them was. It's all people who're doing even more stupid things in the name of being "Sensitive"

Honestly, I have no idea what it is about the word that people don't like.
While it's sometimes used to describe innocent things like cake, on the other hand, it's also often used to describe things tending towards a sexual nature (At least, I think so; I'm not 100% sure on it). I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a dislike the word, myself.

It's like the word "Daddy", while the internet can't change what the word itself means, they did use and abuse it on several inappropriate occasions, and it's no longer seen as the innocent word it once was, by a lot of people.

While it's sometimes used to describe innocent things like cake, on the other hand, it's also often used to describe things tending towards a sexual nature (At least, I think so; I'm not 100% sure on it). I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a dislike the word, myself.

It's like the word "Daddy", while the internet can't change what the word itself means, they did use and abuse it on several inappropriate occasions, and it's no longer seen as the innocent word it once was, by a lot of people.
Yeah, I guess I can understand that.

Young adults who still live with their parents. I honestly don't think that's so bad and it can come to be slightly more inexpensive for you and your parents if you divide certain payments.

Young adults who still live with their parents. I honestly don't think that's so bad and it can come to be slightly more inexpensive for you and your parents if you divide certain payments.

Especially if said young adult is in college and would otherwise be paying tons for room and board!
I mean, it's still good to be independent, but I feel like a lot of people are rushing to get their 20-year old employed/student kids out of the house when they'd be better off waiting until they're out of school and settled in a bit.

Especially if said young adult is in college and would otherwise be paying tons for room and board!
I mean, it's still good to be independent, but I feel like a lot of people are rushing to get their 20-year old employed/student kids out of the house when they'd be better off waiting until they're out of school and settled in a bit.

Entirely agree. It some countries it's even seen normal and good for young adults to live with their parents if they don't have a need to move out.

Edit: That is, given they are not married.

For this in particular, it's important to note that the guideline for when you should kick your kids out of the house should be "When they're ready to live on their own". Not "20 years old". Not to say that you shouldn't try and guide them to that point, but people, circumstances, and luck/ability to get to that point can all be wildly different.

Daycare should only be used if you absolutely cannot afford to stay at home with your child. Because otherwise what you're doing is being too lazy to raise your kid yourself, and just paying someone else (Usually some stranger/group of strangers) to do it for you.

Unpopular opinion, but I thought Shark Boy and Lavagirl was a major bop when I was small. Like, I know it's corny, but it's such a bop man it was so cool to small me.

Unpopular opinion, but I thought Shark Boy and Lavagirl was a major bop when I was small. Like, I know it's corny, but it's such a bop man it was so cool to small me.
Oh man, it's been so long since I've heard that name XD I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid.

Mainly because it was 3D and that was apparently really cool to me at the time :xFtongue:

Oh man, it's been so long since I've heard that name XD I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid.

Mainly because it was 3D and that was apparently really cool to me at the time :xFtongue:
YEAH! That was one of the reasons it was so mega cool! Especially because they used to package it WITH the paper 3D glasses if you bought the DVD! Like? I thought that was so awesome aaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back