• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tyranny of Dragons (Full) Updated 5/14

2 things.
1. Technically you have advantage because you're stealthed and not north of them, but the range 150/600 on a long bow means up to 150ft you make a regular attack 151-600 you have disadvantage (Unless you have the sharp shooter feat) which they both cancel out. (I'm not sure where you got the attacking someone before they move you have advantage on comes in. Certain classes have that but I'm not sure if any of them have that at level 3.)

2. Your 2-300 feet away but which direction and who are you attacking? (The map does have numbers/letters if you squint near the people.)

2 things.
1. Technically you have advantage because you're stealthed and not north of them, but the range 150/600 on a long bow means up to 150ft you make a regular attack 151-600 you have disadvantage (Unless you have the sharp shooter feat) which they both cancel out. (I'm not sure where you got the attacking someone before they move you have advantage on comes in. Certain classes have that but I'm not sure if any of them have that at level 3.)

2. Your 2-300 feet away but which direction and who are you attacking? (The map does have numbers/letters if you squint near the people.)
1. I'm aware of the range. Just put that in as needed. The advantage came from the UA Revised Ranger bit regarding natural explorer.

"
You ignore difficult terrain.
• You have advantage on initiative rolls.
• On your first turn during combat, you have
advantage on attack rolls against creatures
that have not yet acted."

2. I probably should have used my move action to move closer.

My direction is opposite of the parties. I cant remember which direction they are coming from, so I'll just say coming from the East.

My targets should be listed in the hit and damage SPOILER. Targeting Kobold F, with the hail of thorns potentially affecting G, E, and H.

I apologized, I missed the hit and damage spoiler and I guess I was wrong about that being available at level 3, but thank you for telling me. (I did look at your sheet before I posted that but I guess D&D Beyond doesn't explain things)

Also, to help make things go faster... If you're casting a spell that deals damage but requires a save. Go ahead and roll the damage for that spell. Whether it's going to deal damage or not, just because we're not doing this live and it might be hours or days if you cast the spell, then waiting for me to roll the save, then waiting for you roll the damage.

Last edited:
I apologized, I missed the hit and damage spoiler and I guess I was wrong about that being available at level 3, but thank you for telling me. (I did look at your sheet before I posted that but I guess D&D Beyond doesn't explain things)

Also, to help make things go faster... If you're casting a spell that deals damage but requires a save. Go ahead and roll the damage for that spell. Whether it's going to deal damage or not, just because we're not doing this live and it might be hours or days if you cast the spell, then waiting for me to roll the save, then waiting for you roll the damage.
Sadly no, Dndbeyond has no UA content to my knowledge. So I have to fill in the gaps and always keep my on my pdf.

Syvvaris Syvvaris
Hey there, I'm suspecting that you guys might be full by now, but just wanted to say if you have some spots open up in the future, could you maybe let me know? I'd definitely be interested in joining in, sounds like you guys have a good group 🙂

I personally type up my sheet in the Private Workshop, adding in any details that I need.

Syvvaris Syvvaris

I expended 4 arrows in the fight. According to book rules I should be able to recover half of them after 1 minute of searching.

Is there any change to this rule in your game?

And, if not, if I were to fire an odd number of arrows, would I round up or round down the number of arrows I recover?

Was trying to shy away from looking like a broody Aragorn or a nature boy.

And he has an Australian Hat, which I thought was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back