• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Turning Up the Heat

She nodded and smiled at him. “Good... that’s really good.” She mumbled just holding onto him. “I love you Jorge.” She told him quietly just enjoying being in his arms for the moment. They wouldn’t be able to lay like this after her surgery. At least not for a while.

Jeff nodded a little. “Kids get sick max. He’s gonna be just fine. If it lasts longer than two days we can take him to the doctors.” He pointed out, passing her a can of soda.

Max nodded softly and took the soda "Right." She said before taking a sip and taking a deep breath to calm herself down and not worry about him. Jeff hadn't been there in his early years, he didn't understand the number of times she sat in the ER because Jax was so sick, or the time trying to figure put why her son wpuldnt speak or barely eat anything. She knew he meant well but she also knew he had no idea what she had previously been through.

JD held her close and nodded softly "I love you too Carmen, more than anythimg in this world." He whispered kissing her lovingly before they came in and explained everything to her then rolled her put for surgery.

She waved tiredly as they moved her to the OR, watching him disappear from sight and then it wasn’t much longer after that that she was put under for the surgery.

Jeff sighed some and went to check on him from time to time until he woke up again and he went in there checking his temperature. “How you feeling buddy?” He asked seeing it had gone back down a little.

Jax grumbled softly staying quiet reaching for his mom when he saw her come into the room.

Max walked in and went over to Jax pulling him close to her rocking him gently "Hey there baby, you feeling better?" She asked softly giving a small sigh when he didnt respond

JD waved to her giving a small sigh as he sat down and waited

His mom took Amelia to him later on and sat quietly with him waiting for him to speak until Amelia started crying and she went to sort it but he was already up.

Jeff sighed a little and checked the time when it got to 3pm the time she would be picking him up. “Hey I gotta go in to work but you two can stay and chill here if you like. He seems comfortable.”

Max gave a small nod and looked at Jax "That sound good? Or do you wanna go home?" She asked him watching as he shook his head "Alright here it is then." She said walking Jeff to the door "He likes the quietness out here." She said softly biting her lip gently "I hope you have a good night."

JD heard Amelia and quickly went to change her diaper holding her close to him as they waited "Dont worry princess, it'll be alright."

He smiled at her a little and nodded. “STay as long as you need. No rush.” He smiled at her and left in his car to go to the fire station.

Her surgeon came out to see them a few hours later. “She’s made it through. A couple of small complications but were hoping that it won’t affect recovery. You may go see her soon but not your daughter.” He told him.

Max smiled softly and nodded making her way back to Jax gasping when she saw he had gotten sick "Oh baby come on, lets get you a bath." She said softly taking him up to the bathroom

JD frowned but gave a small nod "Just let me know when I can see her." He said softly as he bounced his daughter back to sleep.

Jax frowned and started crying again holding onto his mom tightly and whimpering. “I want daddy!” He cried loudly while bandit followed them up to the bathroom and stood by the bathtub to try and provide Jax with a little comfort.

When they came back to get him his mom finally took Amelia and left to go home with her while they made sure JD was sanitised and had a mask and gloves on then took him through to see Carmen.

Max nodded softly and got him in the bath "I know sweetie but daddy had to go to work. He'll be back in the morning I promise." She told him as she got the bubble bath with soothing salts that she knew would help calm him.

JD walked into the room and smiled happily seeing her "Hey beautiful, you made it through." He whispered happily taking her hand in his.

Jax whimpered and shook his head. “I want daddy!” He yelled a little louder this time and cried more. For his whole 3-day shift Jax was ill and refusing to go home but when Jeff finally got home he found max exhausted on the couch and Jax with all his energy back running around with the. Dog. He went to lay on the couch with her and groaned a little. “Hey. You doing okay?”

Carmen was up and down a lot over the next few days but she was mostly recovering and they were finally moving her out of the icu now that she was more stable glad when JD arrived again that morning just reaching for him tiredly. “Hey... they want me to try and stand up this morning.” She mumbled watching him.

Max looked over at Jeff as he came over taking in a deep breath "Hey..." she said quietly looking over Jax "He started feeling better today...wanted you the whole time." She whispered closing her eyes trying to relax herself

JD nodded giving a small smile "Well i will definitely be here for it." He said quietly stroking her cheek gently kissing her lovingly "I love you so much babe." He murmured pulling out his phone showing her a recent photo of Amelia "Look at this onesie my mom got her, isnt it cute?" He asked looking at it saying 'My mommy is amazing'

She smiled a little at it. “I can’t wait to get home to her.” She mumbled tiredly and watched him. “How are you doing? With everything?” She asked him gently and stayed close to him tiredly.

Jeff smiled at her some “Get some sleep. I’ll sort him out for now then you can decide what you wanna do but I got my girlfriend coming over tonight so... might not wanna be here.” He mumbled and got up going over and picking Jax up, taking him out to walk the dog in the fields surrounding his house at the back.

Max gave a small nod but slowly opened her eyes and frowned at how he worded about his girlfriend being there. She understood she was the ex and it could send bad vibes, but she was also the mother of his child and they would eventually meet at some point. Though she quickly pushed it to the side as she layed on the couch quickly drifting off to sleep

JD nodded smiling at her "You'll be home soon enough." He said softly kissing her forehead gently "I'm okay, Mom has been a huge help since I got back to work." He said quietly

Laura got there before they got back and rang the doorbell a few times until she saw it open but her smile fell a bit when she saw max inside. “Oh... is Jeff home? We have dinner plans and I....” She stopped when max cut her off.

Carmen smiled a little and leaned back, watching him. “You didn’t tell me that you went back.... everything going okay?” She asked him softly.

Max was fast asleep but when she heard the doorbell she quickly got up to answer it not even thinking it would be his girlfriend. As she opened the door she took a good look at the woman feeling her heart ache, she was beautiful. When she heard her speak she quickly cut in "Right! Come in, sorry I'm Max I came to pick up my son but he was out on a walk with Jeff, let me go get them." She said nicely before she scurried off leaving her by the front entrance

JD nodded some giving a small smile "Yeah started earlier this week, I didn't want to stress you out but everything is going really well. They have me on truck driving and manning the hose, they still dont want me going in just yet." He explained giving a small shrug

She nodded and squeezed his hand a little. “Okay. Be careful.” She smiled at him some and watched him while she lay there. “I hope Amelia’s got your genes. Looking more like 20 at 30. If she’s got mine she’s gonna look like 40 at 25.” She laughed quietly.

He smiled some as he carried Jax back to the house. “Hey, he got tired halfway round. Had a tantrum.” He rolled his eyes. “Is Laura here?” He asked her quietly and passed him over when he reached for his mom.

Max nodded some and frowned a bit when he rolled his eyes at his tantrum "Yeah I let her in, she is by the door." She said quietly while gathering their things "Lets go home baby." She said softly to Jax

JD chuckled some shakimg his head "You look your age babe, still as sexy as the day I layed eyes on you." He murmured leaning over and kissing her gently

“Ooh you tryna tack up those brownie points.” She smiled tiredly at him and leaned back resting her head on his shoulder and reached for a magazine glad he was happy enough to just sit with her as well.

Jax scrambled down and spent a few minutes saying goodbye to his dad before Jeff sighed and kissed his head, passing him back over reluctantly and watched them go. He like Laura a lot but really what he wanted was to have max back in his arms. He didn’t think she’d ever take him back.

Max said goodbye to Jeff and glanced over at Laura before she left getting Jax buckled up and sighing heavily "Alright buddy, time to go home." She whispered

JD smiled sitting there watching some TV eith her just content that she was doing better and was getting healthy again

Jax pointed at Laura and frowned. “Mommy who that lady?” He asked her wriggling around some in his car seat.

She smiled tiredly and rest her head back against his shoulder. “You better head home. Baby’s gonna start missing her daddy soon.” She murmured smiling tiredly. “I wanna see her again but they said another few days before she can come visit.” She mumbled frowning

Max glanced over at Laura as she got in the driver's seat and bit her lip hard "Thats Daddy's friend." She said softly before she drove off quickly

JD nodded giving her a smile "Alright, she will be so happy to see you." He said softly kissing her cheek. He had been dling his best to get Amelia bonded to Carmen without her being there by having a blanket that smells like her with Amelia when she slept and always showing her pictures as well.

She just nodded and smiled tiredly watching him go. “I love you.” She murmured waving as he left and soon lay back to go to sleep. It was a further three weeks before she was finally being allowed to go home with tons of physio booked for her coming up still. She sat up in bed waiting for Amelia and JD to get there and take her home, already changed and sitting with her packed bag.

Jeff got over to Max’s straight after his fate with Laura and smiled as Jax opened the door lifting him up. “Hey there buddy. What are you doing opening the door?” He smiled and swung him round.

Jax giggled and squealed happily as his dad swung him around "Mommy tell me to, she fixing juice." He said happily but soon got shy when he saw the lady standing outside of Jeff's car "Daddy...who that?" He asked quietly as he pointed at Laura

JD made his way into Carmen's room with Amelia in her stroller smiling happily as he saw her ready to go "Hey babe, sorry we're late Princess here decided to have an exploding diaper before we left." He said grimacing some and sticking his tongue out at Amelia and she squealed and laughed loudly

He smiled some
“That’s laura buddy. That’s daddy girlfriend remember I told you last week?” He reminded him and walked into the house holding him going to see max. “Hey, just a stranger coming to abduct our son.” He muttered a bit coldly not liking that she’d let him answer the door.

Carmen smiled and reached for her. “Oh silly baby.” She cooed, pecking jds cheek then carefully got up and wrapped her arms around his to keep steady while they walked out slowly. “I’ve done all my paperwork. They said I can go soon as we’re ready,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back