Other Tropes (Mostly Whump)

River Rose

RIP Avicii 1989-2018
We all know them, we all love them: roleplay/fan fiction tropes. The most common (and most loved) scenarios our favorite characters are put in. Whether it’s a soulmark crisis or an apocalypse, here’s a place to talk. So what’s your favorite trope?

I’ll start off, since it’s my thread and all. I find that my favorite tropes are whump tropes, so this is going to be one. One word: Collapse.

I mean, the possibilities are endless. Has the character not been eating well? Are they running on no sleep? Have they been hiding an injury or illness? It’s just so perfect!

enemies-to-friends-to-lovers is my absolute favorite trope c: i once saw someone explain it as 'someone has seen you at your worst, and can still fall in love with you' and hoo boy that is just so good to me lmao

What TV Tropes calls 'Naked People Are Funny'.

Because it's funny. It even says so on the title.

But yeah, a lot of my favourite tropes are humour or gag-oriented, but some of the ones that aren't are... uh... reincarnated parents that meet and hang around their now-grown children. Lots of story potential for one concept.

What TV Tropes calls 'Naked People Are Funny'.

Because it's funny. It even says so on the title.

But yeah, a lot of my favourite tropes are humour or gag-oriented, but some of the ones that aren't are... uh... reincarnated parents that meet and hang around their now-grown children. Lots of story potential for one concept.
lol, yeah. Funny tropes are the best. Also, tons of story potential. You are correct my friend.

Star-crossed lovers. Hell yes, give me those doomed lover plots!

I absolutely love the 'going undercover as married and then ending up together' trope ^^

Oh, and just about every soulmate au there is.

Ok call me cliche but I absolutely adore childhood romance tropes 🥺 like when a chara goes chasing after another but in the end they forget who stands with them for so long aldjalkdka it's pure and soft and wholesome I love hnghh

opposites-attract, soulmate au, star-crossed lovers, enemies-to-friends-to-lovers (or vice versa), tall-smol, & cold/hard x soft/warm are all uwu's only for me

Last edited:
Magical cafes? That’s a trope right? I love whimsical magical shops run by quirky witches.

Found families. Pls pls more people who find validation through their chosen family and not who they end up boning.

friendship is magic. I will never not love the idea that friendship is the most important part of someone’s life and can overcome whatever great villainy exists in the world. I will legit fight you on that.

Magical girl transformations. Listen I love sparkly overly long transformation sequences that unlock great cosmic power. All superheroes should do this.

(talking) animal sidekicks. All of my characters have some kind of animal sidekick for no other reason than I am their god creator and I will it so.

Huge fan of any brand of hurt/comfort here, whether it's emotional pain, physical wounds, or both. I'm also a sucker for found family, with bonus points if the characters involved are on some form of long journey together.

redemption arcs

REDEMPTION ARCS

REDEMPTION ARCS

I love them so friggin much that just recently, I was watching this show... And I couldn't, for the LIFE OF ME, figure out why I loved this one niche-ish character SO much. He got minimal screen time, wasn't a main character, and was hardly a part of the overarching plot. That is until I realized that he, in contrast to nearly all of the other characters, was going through his own redemption arc. I hadn't even realized, and was really struggling with just WHAT appealed to me so much about him.

A baddie-to-goodie story is basically my drug, you can hook me in an instant with one of those. I will melt.

Very closely related to "bad boy with a soft spot", also a very nice one.

redemption arcs

REDEMPTION ARCS

REDEMPTION ARCS

I love them so friggin much that just recently, I was watching this show... And I couldn't, for the LIFE OF ME, figure out why I loved this one niche-ish character SO much. He got minimal screen time, wasn't a main character, and was hardly a part of the overarching plot. That is until I realized that he, in contrast to nearly all of the other characters, was going through his own redemption arc. I hadn't even realized, and was really struggling with just WHAT appealed to me so much about him.

A baddie-to-goodie story is basically my drug, you can hook me in an instant with one of those. I will melt.

Very closely related to "bad boy with a soft spot", also a very nice one.
REDEMPTION ARCS

Gonna see your hurt/comfort, redemption arcs and power of friendship, and raise you unlikely bromances. Throw them all into the same story and you have me hooked for life. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back