• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings queer seeking fellow queers . (rp search thread)

heartstringss

《《《 🔻 》》》
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
 -5.jpg

hello everybody. talking about myself always feels a little odd, so to make things simpler i like to rely on lists instead (yes, i am a virgo, in case you're wondering).

• my name is ely.
  • i'm 29 years old.
  • i've been writing since i was roughly 10 years old, starting first on neopets and later moving to community forums such as D-R, T-S, and I&P, as well as AOL/MSN messenger, etc.
  • i've never really done a ton of solo writing, nor do i participate in tabletop RPGs or LARPing. writing is a creative/social activity for me! hopefully you feel the same.
  • i live in chicago, so my timezone is CST. i work mornings for my job, weds-sun, so i'm available most evenings barring any prior engagements or responsibilities that might come up.
  • my schedule's pretty flexible and i'm generally laid-back. i usually swap socials with my partners as soon as we're both comfortable, especially discord for easier plotting or OOC chatter.
  • i'm FTM transgender, so queer focus is my bread and butter! i'm partial to f// and T4T but am open to explore more AMAB pairings with the right partner.
  • i love all things horror, suspense, thriller, mystery, paranormal, sci-fi.......... tie in a little bit of romance and some good angst & we are golden.

writing is meant to be fun, so let's not make it our life's mission to ruin it for anybody else, alright? i understand being a perfectionist (i am, too), but it's rude as hell to go around policing other people's shit. as long as our writing styles mesh and we've got good creative/social compatibility, that's all that really matters. simply put: if you've got something to say, just say it, but be kind. same goes for ghosting: i'd prefer a heads-up, personally, but if i check in and don't hear back from you in any sort of timely manner -- no harm no foul. you need some time but still wanna come back later? cool, just let me know. preferably you'd pay me the same respect as well.

preferred 21+. while i acknowledge that young writers are extremely talented and y'all definitely deserve a chance to get your feet wet out there, i personally do not feel comfortable writing with anyone more than 10 years my junior.

◇ i am queer (we can get into all the specific soup labels later if you'd like) and neurodivergent. please be patient with me because my brain isn't always super kind. i do occasionally struggle with my own perfectionism, but mostly i just wanna have fun.

◇ speaking of sexual orientation and gender identity: while i do largely enjoy writing from the queer perspective, that doesn't mean the queer perspective is all that i am capable or even all that i am interested in writing. admittedly i do favor f//, nonbinary, and T4T pairings as far as romance goes, but for the right plot, characters, and writing partner, i might be willing to expand my horizons to include m// and mxf pairings also. aro-ace & polyamory is also welcome here.

◇ any and all sex scenes-- though sexual content is again not required in the slightest-- will be fade-to-black up to a certain point if written on-site. we can discuss specific boundaries and limitations in PMs.

◇ as far as post length and style goes, i am, er, sort of flexible? i tend to lean towards mini-novella length myself, which means that at a minimum you can probably expect my replies to range ~4-6 paragraphs, if not more. i don't really care how much you write as long as i'm not struggling to find something to work with.

◇ i'm not sure that i can promise a consistent daily response schedule, but i believe i should be capable of at least 2-3x weekly, perhaps more.

◇ OOC chatter: this is a big one. i like becoming friends with my roleplay partners. for me, this means maintaining regular conversation over PMs or Discord will be, like, the minimum. you can expect to receive a ton of memes, gifs, and other random chatter, plus i've been known to go a little ham with pinterest & spotify as well. role-playing is a very social, collaborative activity for me, so that means building a good rapport is paramount.

◇ if you're interested in seeing what my writing looks like, feel free to creep into my recent posts & take a look at some of my public RP threads.
i'm cool writing over PMs, discord, google docs, whatever makes you comfy. i don't usually mess with code, but it's cool if you do.

some ideas & buzzwords that i'm looking for 》》》
Stephen King-inspired works* ; Stranger Things-inspired works* ; sci-fi ; fantasy ; paranormal ; horror ; mystery ; thriller/suspense ; crime ; aliens ; malevolent gods & goddesses ; dark mythology ; dystopian hellscape ; peter pan shit ; artificial intelligence (in any capacity) ; flickering back and forth between alternate realities ; traveling between parallel dimensions ; murder, death & mayhem ; red string of fate or star-crossed lovers ; ghosts & ghouls ; sleep paralysis ; lucid dreaming ; boogeymen ; monsters versus humans ; supernatural creatures ; ...suggest?

. . .

*recently finished Fairy Tale by Stephen King, but some of my other long-time favorites of his works are IT, Rose Madder, and the Long Walk! I also love a good Stranger Things/IT crossover. i will be STOKED if someone is willing to explore this with me.)

** original characters only on any Fandom spin-offs. some other fandoms i'd be interested in exploring: Squid Games; Archive 81; Dark (Netflix); Sense8; the Imperfects; the OA; Black Mirror ; x-files???

besides that, i'm open to any and all suggestions! half-baked plots, cliche relationship tropes, whatever. you got a favorite netflix show that was canceled and wanna pick up the plot & explore it ourselves? awesome, dial me in! if you're excited, chances are i'll probably get excited too. just be willing to bend a little!

anyone i've chatted in the past is always welcome to reach out again as well.

look forward to collaborating with you soon!

thanks,
ely ✌️

Last edited:
reviving this shit!! i'm bored, someone cast a line & pull me out of the water before i start a-drownin'~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back