• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice TRIBUNAL - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
A few questions for you,..

1. Who would typically get support first, the dead or the living? Trying to flesh out pearl's personality in my mind.
2. typically how old are the novice priests? how about our characters?
3. when you say pearl has a coconut hue to her skin in the character description, are we talking about the inside or outside of a coconut?

1. From Pearl, the dead, especially when they're clearly in pain and your sisters can handle the living.
2. Novices are usually in their mid teens. Your characters are probably in their early twenties.
3. Cocoa nut rather than coconut. Observe!

1588724576606.png

Ohhh! haha. You know, I read that sentence over and over again about a million times and didn't even notice that 'a' in cocoa nut. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Haha thanks for the clarification on that!

Feel free to ask for lore that interests you, and I'll add it here.

Honestly I read that as Pearl refusing to indulge Ceda while there was important work to do.

Alright, I went ahead and added 2 lines to the beginning, aside from that nothing changed. Sorry, sometimes I miss things even when I read multiple times. I'll make it a point to be more careful :)

Just to be sure, you're not waiting on me, are you? Ceda's just waiting for Chaundra to be done, and she knows that could take a while.

I was not specifically waiting for anyone I am mostly very tired from work.
I'll post us up over lunch though.

Can Anahita hear the ghost speak or just Chaundra? And do the wounds appear similar or different to the other murders?

Everyone can hear the ghost at the moment.

The wounds appear to be broadly consistent with earlier cases but but Pearl and Anahita should definitely roll Intellect/Medicine to examine the body more closely.

You make a post first, describing what you're trying to do and how, and then you edit the post to see the Throw Dice button.

You're rolling dice of 12 sides equal to your Intellect, + 1 extra die for any applicable Advantages.
The difficulty, which is to say the number you want the dice to show, is 11 minus your Medicine Skill.
I can't check your stats from my work computer to give a better example, but for example

If your Intellect is 3, that's three dice.
If your Advantage is, say, Forensics, that's another die, so 4.
If your Medicine is 3, the difficulty is 11 - 3 = 8.
So every die which rolls 8 or higher is a Success.
More Successes = better result, but as long as you get one you do learn something.

Alright. And would Anahita know anything about the Whale priests seeing as the fisherman turn to her and her Goddess?

Absolutely - they fill a kind of peacekeeper/protector role. They sing to the whales to protect fishing stock and to get the whales to help protect people from sharks. They also help with timekeeping by singing at certain times of day, and their voices are very soothing and calming.
If you think of Rain Priests as doctors, Whale Priests are almost like a kind of social worker or community nurse,

Pardon me while I squee for a moment lol I love whales especially Orcas 🥰

Hmmmm.... that's very interesting then given the information we have so far 🤔

You can also roll on your OOC post before you write your main post, if you want.
That way I can give you info to work into your description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back