• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice TRIBUNAL - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm feeling Gypsy by Suzanne Vega, Nara by Alt-J, and both Underground and The World Would Run Better by the Kongos, though I might be biased because I just got their new album(s).

So Pearl and I find the body? I'm way looking forward to it but I am afraid this is my first dice style rp. Do we pick how and where we find the part or do you, Grey?

I'm feeling Gypsy by Suzanne Vega, Nara by Alt-J, and both Underground and The World Would Run Better by the Kongos, though I might be biased because I just got their new album(s).

So Pearl and I find the body? I'm way looking forward to it but I am afraid this is my first dice style rp. Do we pick how and where we find the part or do you, Grey?

You tell me where you're going and how you're looking for it, and I'll tell you what you find.

EDIT: Which is to say, describe it in character and I'll follow up. Everyone who has posted so far has set a fine example of the first part.

Last edited:
The vibe is generally more important than the lyrics here. They're all songs I personally like.

Chaundra:
Meti:
Prim:
Pearl:
Ceda:

Janelle Monae is amazing. I wouldn't have thought of Dirty Computer if only because it has such a strong anti-authority theme, and Ceda seems to absolutely love being The (Wo)Man and all the perks that entails.

Janelle Monae is amazing. I wouldn't have thought of Dirty Computer if only because it has such a strong anti-authority theme, and Ceda seems to absolutely love being The (Wo)Man and all the perks that entails.

Fair point, it was mostly the vibe and the fact I was listening at the time of her last major edit. There are some Night priests who consider their role to challenge authority and test their sisters, but they don't get invited to as many parties.

For reference, folks - unless events are moving quickly, I'll normally wait for each of you to post once and then round up events when progressing the scene. If you feel your character might not be doing anything specific right now, this is still a good time to get a nice establshing post in there and say hi in character to anyone who doesn't look busy.
I might advance things a small bit after work, since that cat is going to keep Ceda busy for at least ten minutes and Meti will want to have a conversation with the guards.

That sucks - it's the demo version of Third Eye, specifically. I know it's on Spotify but I don't know where else you might find it.

Also let's see some POSTS friends.

I love the lyrics, but it's mainly the vocals that get me in that version.

And this song is basically my personal soundtrack to an RP about witches set in the north land of this setting that I want to run sometime.

Getting it done today or tomorrow. Sorry, midterms are kicking my ass, my physio professor is intense.

Getting it done today or tomorrow. Sorry, midterms are kicking my ass, my physio professor is intense.

I knew you were busy so that's okay by me - you're not the only person who had yet to post.

That's a bug the site has had for years. You get used to checking manually from time to time.

Usually I'm better at it. Yo Grey, how big is the temple and what's it like on the inside? Overgrown like the outside or a little more tidy?

Usually I'm better at it. Yo Grey, how big is the temple and what's it like on the inside? Overgrown like the outside or a little more tidy?

Much tidier. It's maybe 18 square feet in the main room with a smaller chamber in the back. There are cicadas carved from jade on the walls, and altar scattered with jade dice under a wall-mounted bust of a face partway between man and beetle. I'll get much more elaborate when next I post.

I apologize in advance for inevitably slipping into past tense. I'll try to be careful to edit my posts but I've never written in third person present tense like this.

Don't worry about it too much; as long as we can parse the text it'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back