• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice TRIBUNAL - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
For fun, I'd be curious if anyone finds themselves associating music with their characters so far. I wrote them while listening to particular songs and I'd be curious what your takes are in the context of your own tastes.

I'm constantly listening to music, but I generally don't associate characters with music. (Usually it's the other way around, since I end up listening to [insert random album/song] on repeat while writing, so the association happens even if it's not appropriate lol.) Buut...

Lyrically, maybe Way Down We Go, though I feel like In A Spiral, Do I Wanna Know, or Intro is closer to the vibe. If I had to pick just one, probably Intro. Basically something a little bit rough and heavy.

Bonus WIP doodle of Meti. I don't consider myself an artist, but I'll probably be working on this sketch on and off for fun. (I take a suuuper long time to get anything drawn, hah.)

1587953453817.png
dae mec dae mec For reference, the actual crime scene is inside the temple itself. It sits on a squat pyramid and is accessible by shallow stairs - I'd say it's actually two metres off the ground.
My fault for an insufficient description!

Oops, my bad. Made some minor edits to fix the setting stuff.

For fun, I'd be curious if anyone finds themselves associating music with their characters so far. I wrote them while listening to particular songs and I'd be curious what your takes are in the context of your own tastes.

Honestly I've been listening to a lot of African based music for Anahita. Mainly happy upbeat tunes.

I might just actually follow after dae and draw my own image of her. I keep finding pictures that I like but just aren't close enough.

I have zero opinion of character images, so do whatever makes you happy.

Did you make some edits to the character? I haven't seen anyone elect to post anything about it and I'm just curious because the name change is throwing me for a loop.

I'm sorry :( I haven't edited anything yet but I was wanting to change name. I'm sorry if I caused confusion.

No need to apologize, I was only confused because Dae already referenced it - I assumed it was something you two had discussed based on context clues, but since no one had told me I wasn't sure.

Oh, sorry, I'm not sure how I missed that. I had been awake for quite a while.

The implication is that she was an orphan, or her family has close ties to the temple and serves them in some fashion.

Hmm... Maybe Evanescence or Birthday Massacre for me.

Speaking of name changes, is there a reason the priest of death has such a long name compared to the others?

All Beloved have titles instead of names - it's a symbolic sacrifice to give up your name.
Although ascension through the ranks of any temple can involve giving up other things, and the high priest of Death always gives her name. Metaphysically, too; all memories and records shift until her birth name is forgotten.

Plus it's cool.

Ceda is engaging in serious business investigation like a real professional, and totally not just playing with kitties. No one appreciates her genius in cutting right to the heart of this murder mystery with catnip.

Is the horrible revelation that the kitteh doesn't love Ceda? I don't think she's emotionally prepared to handle that.

Kitteh is inscrutable and mighty and easily bribed. Does kitteh love you, or does kitteh love fish and drugs? Is there a meaningful difference? Soon all will be revealed.

But the real fun starts when Pearl and Chaundra find the body.

I'm a little sort of, kind of, exceptionally excited for that. Can't wait to dig into this mystery!

Also, Grey, you never told us what your songs were for each character... 👀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back