• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice TRIBUNAL - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Has Meti seen the previous crime scenes, or does she know anything about them that she can compare this one to?

She saw the priest of Whale's crime scene - similar injuries, but no intentional desecration of any symbols or shrines. It looked opportunistic, to you, and the body was even partially hidden under the hull of a small half-built boat.

Wow whatta roll.

The victim was actually killed quite quickly and cleanly. Much of the mutilation looks like it was intended to cover up more precise cuts to the throat and chest.
Most of the organs have been removed but are still in the room - mainly defiling the altar - but two ribs are missing and so is the heart.
You believe the cuts were actually delivered with claws or bone tools, and the attacker was powerfully strong.

I've been serving the goddess well i suppose haha! I have another question, and I suppose I should have asked earlier because I already mentioned something in my post about it, but would pearl know at all why the ghost still has injuries?

To her surprise, she would not!
Clearly whatever attacked her did so with some Deathly power to wound her very spirit, but the only things you know can do that are, well, Death spirits. Maybe Violence Spirits.

To her surprise, she would not!
Clearly whatever attacked her did so with some Deathly power to wound her very spirit, but the only things you know can do that are, well, Death spirits. Maybe Violence Spirits.

ok good, so my assumption was right then. Good to know! Thank you :)

I'm assuming I can't investigate more than once or roll the other two dice in this situation. If I want to examine something more closely though, would I roll again or just describe it and wait for what she sees?

I'm assuming I can't investigate more than once or roll the other two dice in this situation. If I want to examine something more closely though, would I roll again or just describe it and wait for what she sees?

I'll actually just tell you here that by experience, Meti knows she's found all the evidence she can for now but might want to look again after sharing her findings with her sisters.

Okay, so, multiple questions here.

1. Would Anahita be able to speak to the ghost?
2. Are there distinctions in the Whalesongs? Like, are the songs for the time of day different then the songs sung to protect? And are the songs for the time of day different from each other in turn? Like, a song for morning, noon, etc.
3. I'm assuming the smell of rotting fish would be seen as a bad thing. Would Anahita be able to tell if the killer came from the fish markets or the fisheries?

1. Yes, the ghost can currently hear and speak with everyone present unless Pearl revokes that power.
2. Yes, but they're very subtle.
3. Not without more evidence but that's a lead you can consider.

Have some random lore I felt like writing.

The citizen-soldiers of H'kaer are trained to kill efficiently, dispassionately, and keep calm in the face of overwhelming odds. Their foes, the Savaan of Kroms, kill as gods kill; thoughtlessly, easily. The mighty thanes of the Hrothgard clans seek a good death and surrender to the riastrad, the warp-spasm, in battle.

The professional soldiers of the Wind Caste are different.
Radiant Pearl has not been to war in a century, and indeed, it is considered almost shameful when they must bring the Deathsingers to battle.
They are trained from a young age in the use of the bow and the spear, and more the former than the latter. They take pride in their accuracy, the clean perfection of a fine loosing.
They train their bodies to peak performance. They nourish their souls with art, for the Last Love bids them to love life more than they love Her. Many are accomplished poets, singers, and sculptors.
And when they come of age to join the ranks of their sistren in the service of Death, they go to the High Temple, the House of Peace, and are led in a rite by The Beloved.

They are taken across the veil, where no living thing should go; into the Gardens of the Deep where lost souls wander at the pleasure of the goddess. They feel the terrible cold and emptiness of that place, the all-consuming want of life in its most perfect absence.
And they are pulled shivering and gasping from that infinite dark, and told: this is the fate to which you condemn those who fall beneath your arrows.
Thus they do not hesitate. There is no second volley. There is no incomplete murder. For their terrible arts to be needed the crime must be very dire indeed, and they will not falter.

Hi, sorry, also here, digging around for inspiration which almost always strikes after a big test. 3 left in the next couple weeks.

Hi, sorry, also here, digging around for inspiration which almost always strikes after a big test. 3 left in the next couple weeks.

I knew you were in exam season, so no stress. Right now I think it's all eyes on Pearl until it's time to talk to the novice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back