• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice TRIBUNAL - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Roll one more die, Equusheart.

And honestly RW I appreciate the reminder, I did need to post about now.

Grey Grey Thanks for the dice explanation. I already said in the IC post that Meti was investigating the room, so I guess I'll roll in this post then! That'd be... 11-3=8, so I'd roll 2d12 because her intellect is 2. (Do I roll 3? I'm not sure if I have advantage or not: how do we know if we do?)

With two dice, I have a 44% chance of at least one success for my dice, lol. A little less than a coin toss. Let's see if the RNGods help me out.

... Wow. Thanks, RNGods!

Grey Grey Thanks for the dice explanation. I already said in the IC post that Meti was investigating the room, so I guess I'll roll in this post then! That'd be... 11-3=8, so I'd roll 2d12 because her intellect is 2. (Do I roll 3? I'm not sure if I have advantage or not: how do we know if we do?)

With two dice, I have a 44% chance of at least one success for my dice, lol. A little less than a coin toss. Let's see if the RNGods help me out.

... Wow. Thanks, RNGods!
Oh! I forgot to add the dice! God I'm stupid, I'm sorry

No, I think you had it right. It's Shadowrun or World of Darkness style hit counting, not summation. Each die that's >= your threshold is one success, and you count the number of dice that come up a success.

Yeah, from what I got, there's no adding up. It's a succeed/fail based on if one dice hits that number. Ex, since I rolled an 8 and a 10, I got two successes. Sorry if something in my post made it sound otherwise!

Rough rolls with your dice :( That 7 is especially taunting.

Oh. I've never played Shadowrun or World of Darkness. I've only ever done DnD. So nevermind my adding the dice then, I guess.

There is a section on your sheet called Advantages which indicates your situational bonuses.
I believe Meti has an Investigation bonus for crime scenes, and in this case you can roll Intuition rather than Intellect. But this was a good roll so we'll use it because Intellect is also viable.

The victim was stabbed multiple times and even further mutilated as they died. Like the other murders, there's no rhyme or reason, no method or motived, only vicious and uncontrolled hate.

With your policewoman's eye, you determine the following:
1. Nothing has been stolen or even touched intentionally, except-
2 -the altar has been intentionally desecrated with the viscera of the victim. It is only by careful examination of the blood spatter and body's position that you feel this is evident.

So for Meti, it'd be this table as her advantages?

Knowledge Guard Captain +1 Academics, Admin, Investigation Familiarity Interrogation +1 Persuade, Empathy, Subterfuge Training Fists of Stone +1 Block, Unarmed, Athletics

And if I had rolled intuition, with the advantage, it'd be four dice instead of two, right?

That is correct!

Guard Captain applies to crimes scenes, laws, historical precedent, and managing precinct finances/logistics.
Interrogation is self-explanatory imo
Fists of Stone is honestly the truncated version of her real fighting skill so if you want I know you're willing to engage with the martial arts rules and can get you her technique list.

Sure, I'd love to look at it, at the very least to write better scenes, lol. Also, would it be acceptable for Meti to ask questions to the ghost, or would she be more likely to stand back and let the other two do the questioning?

Sure, I'd love to look at it, at the very least to write better scenes, lol. Also, would it be acceptable for Meti to ask questions to the ghost, or would she be more likely to stand back and let the other two do the questioning?

She'd definitely let the other two handle that.

DIVIDING PALM STYLE

The hand of the watchwoman is the instrument of justice. The division between peace and chaos, the severance of the wicked from the innocent. While this Style can be practiced by anyone who learns, it is most powerful when employed by Guardians of the Temple of Earth.

Rank 1: Edged Shield Stance
Form Technique
The practitioner assumes the base form of the martial art; a stance that leaves them ready to dart into action and strike with terrible fury. Their Dexterity cap on attacks is doubled when attacking an enemy who has targeted someone else.

Rank 2: Cutting Hand Technique

The signature technique of this Style, the martial artist strikes with the edge of their hand as if chopping - although mortal practitioners may substitute their forearm. Adds +1 die when disarming an enemy by crippling their arm or breaking their weapon.

Rank 3: Blade-Turning Blow

This technique is somewhat risky, for most; placing oneself in the path of an enemy strike in order to deflect it and counter attack. Instead of rolling defense, roll an attack; the first success will always count as an attack. If your successes exceed the enemy, those necessary to defend are counted as a defend action and the remainder will be applied to the attack.

Rank 4: Hammer Strikes Anvil
A overhand strike which slams the enemy into the earth. On a success, knock the enemy to the ground and deal an additional 1 damage.

Empty Hand Banishes Evil
Pinnacle Technique
Activated by a called shot to the neck, this strike increases your Fatigue by 1 but decapitates the foe on a successful attack.

It's the weekend so Ceda can have little a martial arts rules, as a treat.

And even Pearl, if either of you ask.

Oh? I didn't know Ceda knew a martial art. I thought Ceda just turned into a night monster and ate things.

She does by default. I just have some loose notes floating around I could hammer into shape, if you wanted. I am perfectly fine with morph and eat things prana.

i'll say yes to marital arts too! Happy weekend! 😊

Would pearl know anything about the whale priest? Does pearl know anything about what the ghost means when shes says the killer was wrong?

i'll say yes to marital arts too! Happy weekend! 😊

Would pearl know anything about the whale priest? Does pearl know anything about what the ghost means when shes says the killer was wrong?

She knows the Whale priest was mutilated and wasn't far from her home when murdered. No one is quite sure when she was killed, but according to one of Pearl's sisters, the ghost mentioned being attacked from the water at night.
This ghost means there was something spiritually or physically impure about her killer, something she strongly felt but can't describe.

So I'm trying to figure out my roll here.... My investigation is 3 and my intellect is 3... should I roll 6 dice or just 3?

But the character sheet also says +1 for investigation at the bottom...so is it 4 or 7?

Has Meti seen the previous crime scenes, or does she know anything about them that she can compare this one to?

Wow whatta roll.

The victim was actually killed quite quickly and cleanly. Much of the mutilation looks like it was intended to cover up more precise cuts to the throat and chest.
Most of the organs have been removed but are still in the room - mainly defiling the altar - but two ribs are missing and so is the heart.
You believe the cuts were actually delivered with claws or bone tools, and the attacker was powerfully strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back