• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial by Fire - IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Maja melts into shadow and flows along the wall before reforming on the other side. "This is like cheating. You figure they'd design their traps to stop people who made a casual stop at the armoury first, but maybe that's how they planned to avoid killing us."

"Maybe the traps were only intended to keep out Dragon-blooded, what with this place being built after the Usurpation." said Kuaidao. "But who knows? Perhaps this is just a taste of what's to come."

Bard shrugged, trying to follow after carefully. Just in case. "Well I did say that the traps would recognize us and that we should be safe." He said softly. "Though how far we trust an old memory is debatable at best."

Dex + ath 2sux

Thallus stopped with the rest of the group and observed the trap go off and felt his hearbeat skip a beat out of excitement. "I didn't think people actually put traps like this in their homes, just like an adventure storry." Thallus tried to hide his excitement, and once it is his turn he tries his best to scoot along the side with his hands covering his privates.

Dex 5

As Thallus is trying to slip past the blades without activating them, you lose your balance and step right into the middle of the hall.

Syvvaris Syvvaris I now need a Dex + Dodge roll to try and avoid the onrushing blades.

Since you know that the blades are there, you are just able to evade the cutters with a quick leap over them. You are now clear of the trap.

The only one left to get across is Spider. How do you plan on doing so?

Psychie Psychie

Spider will live up to her name and will use her spider legs to crawl along the wall above the pressure plate that activates the cutters.

Everyone is now past the cutters in the floor, and you are now standing in front of a plain wooden door.

What do you do now?

After those blades, Kuaidao wasn't going to take any chances. He examined the door, wanting to see if that was booby-trapped as well.

[Rolling Perception + Awareness. 4 Successes.]

The door does not appear to be trapped, and it is unlocked.

Once content that the door was safe, Kuaidao slowly pushed the door open with one hand, keeping hold of his daiklave with the other.

The next chamber is a room that is 30x30 in size, with two doors visible. The first is a massive stone slab on the opposite wall with two human-looking arms on either side of it that look like they are there to lift the stone up to allow access to the space beyond. The second door is a simple wooden door set in the wall to your right as you enter the chamber.

Spider slowly steps into the room behind Kuaidao, looking around carefully. "Well. We have one massive gaudy door, and one small and simple one. Any guesses as to which one we should pick to go through?"

"Let's go with the small and simple one, at least for now." replied Kuaidao, walking towards it and sheathing his daiklave.

"Can I go through the gaudy one?" Bard asked with a roughshod grin. "It speaks to me on an elemental level."

Kuaidao looked around and grinned back at Bard. "I don't know if we should split up just yet. I think we should stay close together. We still can't be sure how far this place stretches."

"Can I go through the gaudy one?" Bard asked with a roughshod grin. "It speaks to me on an elemental level."
Kuaidao looked around and grinned back at Bard. "I don't know if we should split up just yet. I think we should stay close together. We still can't be sure how far this place stretches."

That is up to you guys to decide.

Spider looks over and says, "I agree with Kuaidao. Lets see what's down here before we go up to the big stone door." With that, she motions to the plain door and then says, "After you guys."

This is a long passage, stretching along for fifty feet of plain worked stone. The far end of the passage ends in a elaborately decorated door, painted with six golden sunbursts that glitter in the light of the gemstones.

Everyone, please give me Perception + Awareness rolls.

As you are slowly making your way down the hall towards the door at the far end, Kuaidao spots out of the corner of his eye a slight discoloration of the wall to your left, just the right size to be a hidden door.

Kuaidao raised an eyebrow at the discoloration, and moved to examine it, looking for any sign of it being a door, or part of a trap.

[Rolling Perception + Awareness. 3 successes.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back