• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
That's not what I mean at all. The shape-changing of one of our opponents is what I was referring to. Sirocco would have her choice in aiding the raid at the Titan or infiltrating and disabling the ship.

It may also be a simple Larceny Disguise charm, it's hard to tell, but given the setting, I'm willing to expect one or more of our opponents may not be an Abyssal per se. Given what Lunar soak can do, I'm actually more worried about Lunars than Abyssals.

It's what makes Full Moon my favorite caste. Really looking forward to combing through Lunar charms once we get a more finalized 3E text.

Lunars have always been my favorite kind of Exalt, and that is why I have been looking forward to the upcoming book so much.

I am all for going full out on these Abyssal assholes. Lets show them some Justice!
"Merry Calibration you filthy Anathema."

Lunars have always been my favorite kind of Exalt, and that is why I have been looking forward to the upcoming book so much.
I know man. The physical book for Dragon-Blooded deluxe is so premium. I'm absolutely pumped for the Lunar one.

Adults exist to embarrass the young, isn't that how this is supposed to work?

Heck, my old man's starting to nag me about getting with the times now. I just got bombarded with spam for so long, I basically cut myself off from most notifications for awhile.

Psychie Psychie and D. Rex D. Rex , are y'all comfortable taking on the Abyssals (with a possible Lunar) at the Titan? Ideally, I wouldn't want to split our fighters for an aggressive assault, but I think it will give us a chance to stretch our muscles a bit as growing powers in the world.

Assuming they are at least of equal combat capability as us individually, our teamwork and tactics will decide the outcome. I don't want to give too much away for meta reasons, but Abyssals have just as much lethality at their fingertips as we do.

Ragnar was getting worried you'd never ask.

Eh, the diplomacy thus far has merely been for determining who dies and who survives. If there's another intermediary step, it's making sure Blythe and Issar survive our mini-war.

As a general rule of thumb, I find it courteous to ask before dragging the whole party into confronting powerful opponents. With that out of the way, let's get down to business...

... to defeat the huns!

Well it is certainly kind of you to ask!

Given that i have absolutely no sense of scale yet of how to tell if someone is strong or weak.

What are my odds of hurting them with Ragnar and Ragnar not dying In the process?

Assuming that they have equal ability to us, we still outnumber them (at the moment). If we wait to face off against them until after Annika and Kuredin have finished their work on the airship, we have the two of them, Aredin, Darian, and Ragnar for our Solars, and Sirocco as a powerful Lunar. That's three to one odds on them before they pull out any fast ones on us.

We know little of their specific capabilities. Sherwood's likely going to ramp up the intensity a bit from our last encounter, though without facing a Master of Charcoal March of Spider's style, I'd say individually our opponents will be about the same difficulty to hit. This after you account for Infinite Ability Masteries on both sides, onslaught negation capabilities of our opponents, us not being under an eight die penalty on all actions, etc...

More importantly on combat tactics...
  • Feel free to activate any scene long buffs you may have without restraint
  • DO RESTRAIN from expensive instant effects UNTIL we have tested their defenses (Parry/Dodge, Soak, and their proclivity to activate perfect defenses)
  • To test someone's defense, a mundane flurry is usually a good bet as each swing would normally penalize their DV with onslaught penalty. If they don't offset this penalty with an action/scene long effect, guess who gets to taste dirt first?
  • ALWAYS prioritize the slaughter of anyone caught casting a spell, regardless of whether its necromancy or sorcery. I don't want to catch a Flying Guillotine with my jugular, nor should you.
  • When stunting, usually incorporating elements of the scene itself as part of your description will improve your stunt rating. From a writing/grammar standpoint, practicing active voice is advice I personally need to work more on.
  • Be mindful of your mote pool, how much you spend at once, how much you're recovering by stunting, and how much you think you might need for future actions/defenses.
  • Defense before Offense, you can't win if you're dead.

Looking back on the earlier IC posts, we did learn that Malice is a master of "several Martial Art Styles" and should be considered to be a high priority target. This Widow is probably more a support person, but if she is a necro-crafter, I think we may have a zombie monster on our hands somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back