• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It's gonna be a real shame if we have to kill Raksi, but it's definitely an option I'm leaving on the table.

Hopefully clearer heads like Tamuz or Gerd Marroweater will stick around though. I have zero expectation of Leviathan making the trip, but that would just be the best if it did happen.

Technically so is Ma-Ha-Suchi, but a version of him that retains sanity and civil demeanor is a pleasant surprise.

Still, we're either going to end up with a new ally or a lot of dead gorillas (possibly a combination of the two). Both sound like a fun diversion.

Sherwood Sherwood Is Terrestrial martial arts the techniques that are learned by the terrestrial exalts?

If a Solar learned this charm, would it only effect them learning specifically terrestrial charms? So would not benefit solar charms.

Screenshot_20190813-121514_Dropbox.jpg

Yes, this applies only to Terrestrial Martial Arts. Sirocco has the Lunar equivalent to this. This is how I mastered Dagger Wind Style

Terrestrail MA are the simplest of MA styles, but they are the most numerous, and the easiest to learn, because even mortals and dragon-Blooded can learn them.
Dragon-Blooded can learn Celestial MA styles, with special training, and it costs them extra. Solars can learn Sidereal Martial Arts, but they have to have a Siderea tutor.

Yes, this applies only to Terrestrial Martial Arts. Sirocco has the Lunar equivalent to this. This is how I mastered Dagger Wind Style

Terrestrail MA are the simplest of MA styles, but they are the most numerous, and the easiest to learn, because even mortals and dragon-Blooded can learn them.
Dragon-Blooded can learn Celestial MA styles, with special training, and it costs them extra. Solars can learn Sidereal Martial Arts, but they have to have a Siderea tutor.
I may have to start looking into the dragon books to check out their charms then. At 4xp a pop, it definitely adds a big advantage.

I may have to start looking into the dragon books to check out their charms then. At 4xp a pop, it definitely adds a big advantage.
The best one to look at is Scroll of the Monk. It has a bunch of styles in it.

There are three tiers of martial arts like there are three tiers of sorcery in 2E.

For martial arts these are Terrestrial Martial Arts, Celestial Martial Arts, and Sidereal Martial Arts.

Solar Hero style is categorized as Celestial, so it wouldn't help there. What swallowing the Lotus Root would allow you to do is quickly master things like first pulse style, five dragon style, or my personal favorite, Even Blade style (Think Samurai type combat). There are others like Terrestrial Hero Style as well as Seafaring Hero Style you might enjoy.

Edit: y'all beat me to it, but feel free to look over those recommendations, most are unarmed combat friendly.

The Charm DOENS'T allow you to learn Dragon-Blooded Charms. Just to easily learn Charms from Terrestrial Martial Arts.
But arent the dragon-bloods terrestrial exalts?

Also gonna note all those down and give them a good go over. To see if they would fit well with Ragnar.

But before I swallow a lotus root, I need to spend 16xp to get oricalchum fists of battle!

But arent the dragon-bloods terrestrial exalts?

Also gonna note all those down and give them a good go over. To see if they would fit well with Ragnar.

But before I swallow a lotus root, I need to spend 16xp to get oricalchum fists of battle!

The Dragon-Blooded are terrestrial Exalted, but their Charms are not Terrestrial Martial Arts. Note that Swallow the lotus Root only allows you a discount on Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms, not Terrestrial Charms. The distinction is important.

The Dragon-Blooded are terrestrial Exalted, but their Charms are not Terrestrial Martial Arts. Note that Swallow the lotus Root only allows you a discount on Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms, not Terrestrial Charms. The distinction is important.
Duly noted! Thanks for letting me know on. Lol I would have gotten confused in that.

Also, if it's possible to learn terrestrial. Is it possible for a solar to learn sidereal charms?

Only Eclipse castes can do that, it costs 16xp a charm. There's only 1 I really want and it would be ridiculous in practice.

It's a general charm you can buy for any ability, converts dice to automatic successes. If I had it for melee, Sherwood would be looking at deathlord level opponents.

Only Eclipse castes can do that, it costs 16xp a charm. There's only 1 I really want and it would be ridiculous in practice.

It's a general charm you can buy for any ability, converts dice to automatic successes. If I had it for melee, Sherwood would be looking at deathlord level opponents.
There is one I plan to get that can turn yards from Heaven Thunder Hammer into automatic damage. And I can get to a point where I hit for more yards than I have dice.

I'll have an IC post up probably later on tonight. I haven't forgotten about you guys!

The four escapees.

"Now, you did ask for some information on the four refugees I am asking you to rescue. First is Habbattar, a elf Stone Master. Second, there is Ragnar, a Dwarven Artificer. He has forgotten more about making artifacts than I have ever known. Third is Mellar. She is a human, and is a rather accomplished Seer. The fourth, well, the fourth is how the others got free, and may be a source of stress to some of you. He is Garran, a Kydian. Also known as a Overlord. He has rejected the rule of his masters and has decided to make a run for it. Garran is one of the very few members of his race that have ever gone rogue, and his knowledge of the plans of the Splurgoth will be invaluable."

Huh, apparently this is not Ragnar's first appearance.

It seems between getting back into ffxiv, work, and working towards moving into a new place I quite seriously overlooked the fact that my notifications that I set up for the ic thread havent been working but I am catching up on what I've missed the last few weeks or so and will be contributing again in the next day or so. Sorry for falling out so quickly especially since I was and still am so very excited to be apart of the story here.

Glad to hear from you. Take your time getting caught up, and we can just have you with the rest of the Circle on the mountain.

That was my thought actually, going to e to toe with some deathknights feels right up Kuridin's ally honestly. I've read up to page 77 in ic so not far. Took an unintentional nap today so I'm quite wire at the moment. Also, your post has confirmed that my notifications are working again.

Having caught up on the story from my last post I feel it would make sense for Kuridin to have remained on the ship for the time being since he is the King's twin and all. I'll work up a post to clarify why he is doing soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back