• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial by Fire - Exalted 2e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Let's see. Excellencies, plus solar Hero which doubles successes, plus sledgehammer fist which doubles presoak. If not worrying about accuracy, I could dedicate it all to damage.

Plus Hammer on Irom Technique to strike it repeatedly with no penalty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190704-160121_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190704-160121_Chrome.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 0
Though now that k think about it, I really wish I had gotten Hellraisers instinct, since it is one of the charms that expressly let's me destroy artifacts.

Well, if you want to take on the Deathlord, some ghost-killing Charms would be a good thing, and you can use your xp for that.

That will certainly help out, but there are some great Charms for killing spirits permanently.

I'd be more worried about being able to connect with the ghost. If he is physical, Ragnar would be willing to wait by the grave and continually punch him back into the ground until it gives up.

Gonna have to do some research on ghost killer charms!

Sherwood Sherwood can Melee charms be used with Unarmed being used as the weapon in the text?

If so, Blazing Solar Bolt effectively becomes the Kamehameha.

In order to have the full effect of being able to destroy a ghost, I would need three Charms: Spirit Detecting Glance, Spirit Cutting Attack, and Ghost Eating Technique. I think I'd need to raise my Occult a few, also.

I cant use any sort of sorcery as Ragnar, so I cant assist there. And so far I'm not finding anything non sorcery to kill a ghost with. Though I did read something about a "spirit cleaving daiklave" online, but not sure if that's a thing.

And while Ragnar may not have any occult knowledge, maybe he can use his knowledge of training to help Darian study or practice the charms somehow to make it easier.

It would surprise me if there was not a spirit cutting weapon of some sort. If there is not one in the books, it would be easy enough to come up with a write-up for one.

"Let us not also forget that we may find ways of vanquishing ghosts with an artifact, or perhaps, a way to seal a ghost away. But I do agree that we should not strike until we know for sure. Even if the opportunity is here, doing so unprepared can be disastrous. If we can discover these charms quickly, perhaps we can strike while the iron is hot. Alas, I am not able to wield sorcery, so my help there will be limited should that route be what is required."

"King Aredin, would you go over a summary of the current plan, before we end this meeting. Aside from that, I am ready to leave at a moments notice."
I just want to point this out again. I think we're far more capable of just using the globe of transport to hop through the Empress's window, slap her once to make her explode in a pile of gore, and take the Sword of Creation with us when we leave, than we are to last more than a couple rounds in combat against a Deathlord. On a personal power scale, it's like the difference between a child tossing a pebble and finding out you just face checked a comet and are halfway on the other side of reincarnating. Except now you're not reincarnating, because the Deathlord wants you to star in his personal vision of rebooting the muppet's show and decided your corpse made an excellent sock puppet. He just kept 'you' around so you could watch.

Yet we are still going to the mountain with a Deathlord rather than the Empresses bedroom?
We don't know the Deathlord is present there. Ghosts have a problem operating outside from shadowlands and night time. It's the Deathknights who are about to catch these hands.

Also, pardon the lack of understand of scale. Still trying to understand it all while still trying to chime in with relatively not idiotic things.

For example! The above post. I thought Deathlord was at the mountain. I read talk of deathlord, creepy sounding names at mountain, us going to mountain, and put two and two together to get three. And probably confused deathlord amd deathknight in the process.

To help with the scale of how much of a badass the Deathlords are, think of how tough you are at Essence 4 and 5, and raise that to Essence 8 or 9, with the Charms and knowledge to match. Even one of the less martial ones will be a threat to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back