• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Trial By Fire - Exalted 2e IC Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
With his blade gone, Daiklave 1 is down to a dodge DV of 4. Your first hit scores 4 successes, second hit with 5, third gets 7, and your last hit scores 4. Lethal soak is 12. Go ahead and roll your damage.

The swordplay from Aredin is mostly blocked, but one blow manages to penetrate Daiklave 1's defenses.

MasterDAF MasterDAF is up next

12 -
13 - Viktor, [Aredin] <====
14 - Annika
15 - Daiklave 3 (Bwounded)
16 - Durke, Darian, Aredin, Daiklave 1 (Lwounded, fumbled)
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -

Viktor watched Aredin's impressive Essence-fueled outburst as the younger man defended his bride-to-be. Encouraged by the display, the blacksmith charged forward to the end of the dining table and front flipped off. He pulled the other knife from his left boot before landing on the floor, then launched forward towards the unarmed Terrestrial.

"Thanks for the opening," he called out to Aredin, picking up where the other Solar's assault left off. "Let me give you a hand!"

Viktor drove the knife towards their mutual opponent, hoping to find a weak point in the neck joint of Daiklave 1's armor.

[Essence/WP Costs: (One Weapon Two Blows) 3m]
[Knife Attack Roll: 4 Dexterity + 4 Melee + 2 Knife + 2 Stunt = 8 Successes]
CURRENT COMBAT STATS:
Health Levels:
-0 [x]
-1[x] [x] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
Inc [ ]

Dying Levels:
[ ] [ ]

Essence: •••
Personal: 16 / 16
Peripheral: 1 / 19 (37+1)
Committed: 19

Willpower:
••• / ••••• ••

Total Soak: 9L/10B/1A (Leather Doublet, +1L/1B; Charm: DoOM, +7L/7B)
Mobility: -0
Fatigue: -0

PDV: 3
(using knives)

DDV: 3

* Spell (BEotO) will cause all attacks targeting Viktor to take a -3 internal penalty if they originated within 100 yards

Last edited:
The blade will hit with 4 successes. His lethal soak is 12.

[Damage Dice: 3 Strength + 1 Weapon + 3 Successes = 7L Raw - 12 Soak = 3 (Essence Ping) Post-Soak Dice]

* Sorry, made a mistake (forgot to reduce attack pool by 1 die due to -1 wound penalty), so removing one success I should hit with 3 successes
* Will be rolling (essence ping) twice for One Weapon Two Blows

[Final Post-Soak Damage: = 4L]

The combination of multiple attacks is just enough to bring Daiklave 1 to the ground. He may be able to be saved if you get him medical attention in time. That is, assuming you wanted to.

There is just one Dragon Blooded left.

jaydude jaydude is up with Annika

14 - Annika <====
15 - Daiklave 3 (Bwounded)
16 - Durke, Darian, Aredin,
17 -
18 - Viktor
19 -
20 -

Annika watches as Daiklave 3 narrowly manages to avoid getting cut down by Durke, and gives Aredin a nervous look as the Eclipse caste makes his speech, seeing another Solar in a cold fury for the first time in her life. With an effort, she turns back to Daiklave 3 and points one of her own blades at him.

"You heard him. Five of your number are down, and I'd say you've got no chance of fighting or breaking your way out of this. Plus, the Immaculate Order's teachings are a load of Yeddim shit; they claim that Anathema like me look like monsters and can't stand sunlight, but as you can see..." she walks into a area lit by the evening sun filtering through the windows, which of course has no effect on her, "...that's completely untrue. So odds are, you are not going to come back as a dragon if you die. But if you throw your weapon and armor aside and surrender to us now, the rest of my group might be less inclined to kill you."

She stands there, one of her Daiklaives still pointed at the surviving Dragon Blood, waiting to see how he responds.

(Annika is guarding. Should I do a dice roll to try and convince the Dragon Blood to surrender?)

The man stands there, blade in hand as he glares at Annika. "Don't you try and tempt me! I know that if I do as you say, all I will do is end up defenseless against you! I'll be killed for certain, no matter what I do, so I might as well go down fighting!"

He musters up his most powerful blow, trying to kill at least one of your number before he is taken down. This swing is leveled at Darian, since she appears to be unarmored against his sword strike. His attack is quite fearsome, netting 14 successes as his anima blazes bright from the effort used to enhance his swing.

Psychie Psychie needs to declare her defense, and then it is Rykon Rykon Psychie Psychie and LowRollLyfe LowRollLyfe up

I believe that a Guard action is Speed 3. I'll double check in a moment

14 - [Annika]
15 - [Daiklave 3 (Bwounded)]
16 - Durke, Darian, Aredin, <====
17 - Annika
18 - Viktor
19 -
20 - Daiklave 3 (Bwounded)

My DV is 10, but I am going to go ahead and activate Iron Skin Concentration to try and nullify the damage. It is a Stamina + Resistance roll, Difficulty of the attacker's Essence. I am going to spend a Willpower point to get a extra success. If I don't succeed in the roll, it grants me an extra 8L vs the attack.

Failed in my roll, so I have a total soak of 17L
Both Awareness Charms are up, along with Iron Kettle Body and Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Form

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]
Dying [ ][ ]

Soak: 1L/2B - +5L/+5B from Infinite Resplendence Amulet, +3L/+6B from Pearlescent Filigree Defense (One Scene), +4A/+8L+8B from Iron Kettle Body (One Scene), +4A/+8L/+8B from Iron Skin Concentration (Instant)

Willpower: 8 / 6

Essence: 3
Personal: 17 / 9
Peripheral: 38 / 24 / 12
Committed: 14

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV with War Fans: 8 (10)
Parry DV with Chain Daiklave: 8 (10)

Dodge MDV: 5

Join Battle: 7

(It is 3, but Annika can take an action on any tick during the guard. I'm attacking on tick 15)

As the Dragon-blood flares up his anima and makes to charge towards Darian, Annika sighs and leaps forward, her Monkey Stone boosting her leap, as she swings with both of her daiklaves at the attacker's hands with the intent of cutting them off.

[-2 penalty for multiple actions and coup de grace. First attack has 8 successes, second attack has 4 successes.]

Annika can see that this attack is going to hit hard. You have one chance to step in and affect his swing before Darian gets hit. His DV is 5. Go ahead and roll your to-hit.

14 - [Annika]
15 - [Daiklave 3 (Bwounded)], Annika
17 -
18 - Viktor
19 -
20 - Daiklave 3 (Bwounded)

Your first strike will hit with 3 successes. His soak is 12.

(It is 3, but Annika can take an action on any tick during the guard. I'm attacking on tick 15)

As the Dragon-blood flares up his anima and makes to charge towards Darian, Annika sighs and leaps forward, her Monkey Stone boosting her leap, as she swings with both of her daiklaves at the attacker's hands with the intent of cutting them off.

[-2 penalty for multiple actions and coup de grace. First attack has 8 successes, second attack has 4 successes.]

Way ahead of you, Sherwood. ;)

Raw damage is 9L. Victim's soak reduces this to 0, so Annika gets 3 damage die from her Essence. She does 2L damage.

The sword strike against the hands of the Daiklave wielder is sufficiently disruptive that it causes him to drop his weapon right on the verge of hitting Darian! His hands are cut and bleeding, and the fight seems to be fading out of this Dynast as he realizes that his last shot has been reduced to naught. He falls to his knees, waiting for the finishing blow.

Rykon Rykon LowRollLyfe LowRollLyfe Psychie Psychie are up. Do you wish to finish off the swordsman, or try and keep him alive?

14 - [Annika]
15 - [Daiklave 3 (Bwounded)], [Annika]
17 -
18 - Viktor
19 - Annika
20 - Daiklave 3 (Lwounded)

Rage fills Darian as she look down at the stricken man, and an internal war is now being raged. He would have killed all here if he could, showing no mercy! Give him none now! But, if we don't try to bring him to the light, aren't we no better than he is right now? I must try to reform him, even if it is a doomed effort. She lashes out with her Chain Daiklave, but instead of using it in a killing blow, she tries to wrap him up and restrain him in a grapple.

Seven successes in her Clinch attempt.

He doesn't resist your attack, probably thinking that you were going to use your blade on him. When he realizes that you are trying to restrain him, his lassitude fades and he starts to struggle against the chain binding him. You have him under control, at least for the moment.

"Everyone! Help me hold him! We have those Soulsteel manacles that will keep his Essence drained. Let us try and reform him." Darian hopes that the rest of the Circle will follow her lead and not just kill him out of turn.

Aredin reaches into a pocket of his infinite coat, grabbing a set of manacles and darting forward to bind the man. I probably should kill this one... who knows how much damage they might've done before getting here. Once he was reasonably sure the bonds were fastened securely. "Are you alright dear?" he'd shift his gaze for a moment to the Sidereals to see if his allies needed help.

Last edited:
She lets out a deep sigh. "Yes, dear heart. Thanks to Annika, I am unhurt." She looks down at the Dynast. "Such blind hatred. It is a shame."

Annika looks around at the remains of the dinner party, as well as the room covered in ice, blood and bodies. "Well, they've been indoctrinated in the ways of the Realm and the Immaculate Order since they were squeezed out of their mothers' bodies." She says to Darian, placing a hand on the Zenith's shoulder. "Now, you're the boss here, but I very much doubt that we'll be able to swing him or any of the others around to our side. I say we just take him prisoner and squeeze what information we can out of him."

Having said that, she looks around to see where Aysik and Dunbar were fighting.

Looking over at the three dueling Sidereals, Dunbar can be seen standing off to the side, looking in awe at the two older and more skilled martial artists going full bore at one another. Both are glowing brightly as the spend Essence trying to defeat one another. Aysik says in a conversational tone of voice, "Your puppets have fallen. Even with your skill, do you really believe that you can stand up against the eight of us, all working together to stop you? Lower your blade. I would not want to see you face your next Exaltation."

Mellar backs away enough to be able to examine the carnage in the room, and then works the odds in his mind. "It would seem that I have underestimated you, Aysik. This day belongs to you, but I assure you, we will try again to purge your charges from Creation!" He tosses his Starmetal Daiklave down on the floor in front of him and raises his hands in the universal symbol of surrender.

Dunbar moves forward and quickly takes the blade from its spot on the floor and steps back, looking to his Sifu to see what is to happen next.

Darian slips her arm around Aredin and gives him a tight squeeze. Then, she says, "Don't we have more of those manacles? We can use another pair to secure this one, too."

Annika removes her hand from Darian's shoulder, and begins checking the other fallen bodies to see how many of them are still alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back