• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern To Hell and Back (Interest Check)

Tame Impala

~ lost in yesterday ~
warning and disclaimer.png
This roleplay will contain strong language, violence, blood/gore, alcohol/drugs, politics and other adult themes.
Do not join this roleplay if any of the above easily offends you.

I am not an expert when it comes to the Second World War, please keep that in mind. I'm not striving for this roleplay to be historically accurate to one hundred percent.
This is my first time being a GM so if anyone would like to GM this together with me I'd be more than happy to invite you.

Last edited:
plot and story.png
"The uniform that you wear, the globe-and-anchor emblem that you have earned will make the difference between the freedom of the world and its enslavement. December 7th was quite a day in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. On the same day, December 8th on the other side of the International Dateline, in places called Guam, Wake, the Malay Peninsula, Hong Kong and the Philippine Islands were also attacked by the army, air force and navy of the Empire of Japan. The Japanese are in the process of taking half of the world and they mean to keep it with death from the air, land and sea. However, here is what the Japs are not expecting: the United States Marine Corps.
Never mind Europe - the Nazis, Mussolini. Hitler is not going to be our job, not until they can't whip him without us of course. The Pacific will be our theater of war. The Marines will do battle with the Japs on tiny specks of turf that we have never heard of.
You young fellas, you are the sinew and the muscle of the corps. The orders come from the brass and you get it done. Whenever this war is over, when we have swept upon the main islands of Japan and destroyed every scrap of that empire, the strategy will have been that of others. The victory will have been won by you - with the chevrons on your sleeves, the instincts in your guts and the blood on your boots.
To those of you who are lucky enough to get home for Christmas, hold your loved ones dearly, join them in prayers for peace on earth and goodwill toward all men.
Then report back here, ready to sail across God's vast ocean where we will meet our enemy and kill them all.

Merry Christmas, happy 1942."
Those are the words of the United States Marine Corps Lieutenant General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller a few hours before the 7th Paramarine Division ship out.

In pre-war America during 1940, calls went out for unmarried volunteers for a specialized combat unit. From the start, it was made clear that they would not be similar to any other special forces, they would be more of an elite unit for specialized missions with a high risk and a high reward.
With the promise of much better pay, more intensive training and a certain prestige, there was no shortage of volunteers. Once they formed up and began training in New Jersey, it was immediately clear that they had signed up for two years of living hell. It was a physical and mental hardship beyond what most could imagine.
They were worked and hounded beyond exhaustion, pushed beyond known human limits to be rewarded with even more. For this, 70% of the volunteers dropped out of the course before completing it. Those who did manage to stand on the parade ground had the Paramarine wings pinned on their chests and became part of the 7th Paramarine Division.

In this roleplay we'll follow a squad of twelve brave and young men as they fight back against the Empire of Japan.
The story will begin on the 1st of August 1942, seven days before Operation Watchtower, the battle of Guadalcanal.

Last edited:
rules.png
Do not god-mod, power-play or meta-game in this roleplay. I will kick you out.
Do not use any anime or drawn face-claims. Use photos from the correct era of time.
No perfect characters! Your application will not be accepted.
No drama outside of the roleplay. This one should be obvious.
Use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. English isn't my first language so I won't be too strict about this.
At least one paragraph per post. This is a semi to literate roleplay.
You can only reserve one role.

Follow these rules and also the ones that apply for all roleplays on Roleplaynation.
Thank you!

Last edited:
roles.png

SQUAD LEADER: Tame Impala Tame Impala
Sergeant
Weapon:
M1 Thompson

RIFLEMAN SCOUT: Jannah Jannah
Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

RIFLEMAN SCOUT: Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN: Becker Becker
Private
Weapon:
M1919 Browning

ASSISTANT AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN: Open
Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

AMMUNITION BEARER: Open
Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

ASSISTANT SQUAD LEADER: Darth Darth
Corporal
Weapon:
M1 Thompson

RIFLEMAN GRENADIER: Trektek Trektek
Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

RIFLEMAN GRENADIER: Open
Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

RIFLEMAN: Open
Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

Private
Weapon:
M1 Garand

Last edited:
Commenting to follow this thread as I'm definitely interested.

Here's a tribute to the miniseries The Pacific, also called To Hell and Back. This is what I'm going for with the roleplay. As Eugene Sledge's father says at the end of the video, "The worst thing about treating those combat boys from the Great War wasn't that they'd had their flesh torn, it was that they'd had their souls torn." That pretty much sums up the goal of the roleplay. Watch the video at your own risk as it features some pretty gnarly footage.

Hello! Been a while since I've seen a good ole' historical thread.

Definitely interested! I'd be keen for the Assistant Squad Lead.

Ah, man, love me some World at War! The nostalgia trip you just took me on... :deadopenmouth:

I'll sign you up for a scout then! =)

lol I haven't played a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare. I would get back into them, but I just have no means of playing them right now. I have missed out on a lot of games since the PS4 broke. I only have a Switch now.

Same Rusty, same... God I miss those games!
Me too Jannah, my PS4 broke as well. Might have to save some money for a new console.

lol I haven't played a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare. I would get back into them, but I just have no means of playing them right now. I have missed out on a lot of games since the PS4 broke. I only have a Switch now.
Personally my favorites have always been the first Black Ops and and the original game on the PC

Agree, I'd love a real fucking long campaign for once. (Pardon my French.) It would be interesting to have a campaign where you play as a German, that I'd like.
PS. Join the Discord server Rusty! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back