• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy тнє вαяяσω кιηg { OPEN | 6 PLACES }

Plutoni

spin it!

THE BARROW KING

[class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:3px;][/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:0.2s; background: none; Height: 280px; text-align: justify; Width: 90%; border: 0px solid black; padding-top:20px; margin:auto; padding:10px; color: black; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:0px; overflow: auto; font-size:12px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:1; [/class]
[div class=picbox][div class=locbox]
Spring has always come dark and quiet around these parts.

You never quite stopped to consider what exactly it was that brought you to the Highlands in the dying gloom of winter; you've already made the excuses to everyone else, after all. It’s something you’ve always been meaning to do; you’re going to go visit distant friends or family, whoever, wherever they might be out here; hell, maybe you just needed a damn holiday - either way, the plane tickets are in your hand now. Your room at the glen’s lodge is reserved. Your fate is sealed, though perhaps not quite by your hand alone.

You don’t mean to stay for long, anyway. You just need to scratch this itch, this cold yearning deep in your stomach that you just can’t quite ignore.

I’m sure it’ll be lovely.

The air up there is medicine for the soul, they say.

Just try not to stray too far into the valley.

premise
Hey there, glad you survived the pretentious mood-setting intro (: I’ve had this vague idea kicking around in my private workshop for a ridiculously long time and now that I’ve got some time on my hands lol I’m gonna give it a go. This is going to be a dark Celtic fantasy roleplay with strong inspiration from Scottish mythology which is just criminally neglected, but I‘m also gunning for a character-driven storyline. A little more detail here: our six modern day strangers all find themselves in a little hotel lodge in the depths of the Scottish Highlands on the basis of this same implacable compulsion to be there, all ages, genders, creeds and faiths from anywhere and everywhere across the world. Go nuts. There’s something uncanny that brought them here together, just at this time, just at this place. But what? Do they know to even ask the question? Maybe the lodge owner will have an idea. If you can find him, that is.

What he won’t tell you is that you’re all distant descendants of a king, lain below the earth for over a thousand years. But things have changed. Old magic is stirring out in the evening mists. You’d do well to keep your wits about you, these days. Only Time will tell why you’re really here, and she’s a notoriously deceptive lady indeed.
rules + reqs
> There are six places available, and it is not first come first served. I’ll make decisions based on the quality of each character sheet and what they can bring to the group dynamic (:

> Characters over 18 please!

> This is a detailed roleplay. I’m not gonna be too strict over post lengths but I’d looove to see some good quality writing that interacts with the world and characters around it.

> Post frequency also ain’t gonna be rigid. Once we get a gang together we can discuss what’ll work for us.

> Code is lovely but definitely not required, and preferably mobile friendly if you do cuz my laptop is currently broken lmao. So yeah please tell me if this code looks disgusting or you can’t read it cuz I’ve just scrapped it together so I’ve got no clue if this even works on desktop lol

> I’d love it if everyone wants to get in on the world-building, very little is set in stone round here bois.

> Y’all are gonna follow the site rules or taste the consequences
links
> Here

Any questions? Feel free to ask below or send a PM, and let me know if you’re interested <3
[/div][/div]
code by Plutoni Plutoni

Last edited:
I'll hang around to watch! Just a side note, your coding for this thread is quaint! It's just that you might want to change the font colour to black or something? White goes very well if you intend it to be mysterious like the storyline xD. Like trying to peer through mists, but its a pain to read haha!

I think I'll give it a shot. I don't really understand Celtic Fantasy, but the plot sounds interesting.
Ahh don’t worry prior knowledge is not required at all lmao, we’re all probably gonna have to do a bit of learning on the fly 😂 welcome!

I'll hang around to watch! Just a side note, your coding for this thread is quaint! It's just that you might want to change the font colour to black or something? White goes very well if you intend it to be mysterious like the storyline xD. Like trying to peer through mists, but its a pain to read haha!
Wheyy a lurker! Also ha I did not think of that, I’m really making y’all work to read this lmao I’ll fiddle around and see what it looks like, thanks for the heads up c:

Must...resist...urge..to..play..Celtic music...

ACH. It’s no use.-_-
It’s invaded my Skyrim, and now it’s invaded RPnation. Sure, I guess I can try, though I dunno how I can do Celtic magic, and the like..

I know of ONE Scottish/Celtic Isekai book. But in that book, and most other Celtic themed ideas and stuff, Celtic magic is subtle, that can burst into a burst of power and whatnot.

What was that series called? Hmm... I’ll be back when I get the name of the series and the author.

EDIT: The Song of Albion trilogy by Stephen Lawhead. If you look it up on Wikipedia, the picture is similar to a pulp fiction novel... but it’s...
I dunno. xD. It’s completive. I liked the series.

Must...resist...urge..to..play..Celtic music...

ACH. It’s no use.-_-
It’s invaded my Skyrim, and now it’s invaded RPnation. Sure, I guess I can try, though I dunno how I can do Celtic magic, and the like..

I know of ONE Scottish/Celtic Isekai book. But in that book, and most other Celtic themed ideas and stuff, Celtic magic is subtle, that can burst into a burst of power and whatnot.

What was that series called? Hmm... I’ll be back when I get the name of the series and the author.

EDIT: The Song of Albion trilogy by Stephen Lawhead. If you look it up on Wikipedia, the picture is similar to a pulp fiction novel... but it’s...
I dunno. xD. It’s completive. I liked the series.
Don’t resist! Don’t resist!
That sounds cool as hell actually, might go check that out sometime o: and alsoo do I take this as interest lmao

I'm interested. I'm new to roleplay though so my writing's probably not going to be that good and I don't know how to be descriptive.

I'm interested. I'm new to roleplay though so my writing's probably not going to be that good and I don't know how to be descriptive.
Nah we all started somewhere, don't worry! The only way to learn is to get stuck in (:

[ Ayama Ayama Mayerin Mayerin Lekiel Lekiel TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple darkborn darkborn Circe Circe bad wolf bad wolf Paz Paz low fidelity low fidelity blackout blackout diablita diablita Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess languorousaviculturist languorousaviculturist phibglib phibglib Grape Soda Grape Soda macchiato_line macchiato_line ]
Ahh thank you all so much for your interest, I was worried this would be a little too niche 😂 Signups are now up!! Feel free to send any questions my way c: does anyone have a strong preference for an OOC thread here or on Discord?

[ deer deer dragonsfire dragonsfire ShadyAce ShadyAce constellation constellation ] Y’all have liked but not posted so I’ll give you a cheeky tag just in case x

This is still open, so if anyone else is interested please feel free to pop in!​

Nah we all started somewhere, don't worry! The only way to learn is to get stuck in (:

[ Ayama Ayama Mayerin Mayerin Lekiel Lekiel TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple darkborn darkborn Circe Circe bad wolf bad wolf Paz Paz low fidelity low fidelity blackout blackout diablita diablita Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess languorousaviculturist languorousaviculturist phibglib phibglib Grape Soda Grape Soda macchiato_line macchiato_line ]
Ahh thank you all so much for your interest, I was worried this would be a little too niche 😂 Signups are now up!! Feel free to send any questions my way c: does anyone have a strong preference for an OOC thread here or on Discord?

[ deer deer dragonsfire dragonsfire ShadyAce ShadyAce constellation constellation ] Y’all have liked but not posted so I’ll give you a cheeky tag just in case x

This is still open, so if anyone else is interested please feel free to pop in!​
I'm fine with the OOC being here or on Discord

Can we perhaps have the ooc in Discord? I just thought that the flow of the chat there would be more enjoyable. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back