• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings tired & inspired (searching!) m//

sumnery

way too much free time
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
hey, howdy -- my name is andie, i'm twenty-eight as of this august & i'm officially looking for new partners to write with. my usual searching site (gaiaonline) has been on a steady decline, so i've looked around & settled on trying out rp nation since it seems to have a fairly active community! anyhow, let's get this lil show on the road!
  • i work full time making art & running a cat rescue. ya girl really likes to write & create depth within characters -- big back stories, complicated plots, meaningful relationships, etc. i'm online pretty much at all times & if i like whatever we're doing, you can expect replies fairly frequently! (multiple times a day, if i can.)
  • i used to go by 'adv.lit' when that was a proper thing -- not sure what people are calling it now a days, but you can expect at least a few paragraphs from me per response & i hope to get something around the same! i don't expect a novel, but help us push the story along.
  • i love interacting with the people i'm writing with -- expect playlists, art, and a lot of plotting whenever random ideas come to mind.
  • will not write with people under 21 -- sorry ya'll, it just feels a bit strange & i'm here to write with people generally around my age range.
STUFF I'M UP FOR:
  • i'm primarily looking for m// but i'm willing to do most anything if the plot / characters are interesting enough! throw me your ideas!
  • quality writing! interesting characters with qualities and backgrounds that really make us love (or hate) them LOL -- i'm going to try my best to create characters that mesh well against them & i love to contribute as much as possible to what we're working on. i hope to get the same back! it sucks when brainstorming is mostly one-sided.
  • partners that will let me know when they aren't digging it. ditching sucks, especially if it's for something that i'm actually enjoying or something i've poured a lot of effort into. don't leave me hanging if you aren't feeling it, just let me know and maybe we can make something new!
  • pain, angst, comedic relief, drama, romance, etc. i absolutely love it & it's usually hard for me to enjoy slice of life because of the tendency for it to have too much 'fluff', hope that's alright! i tend to lean towards plots with big-picture conflicts that allow us to have some constant, new ideas flowing through.
  • and lastly, someone who won't take this or themselves too seriously -- that's willing to laugh at mistakes they or i make. i just wanna have a good time -- this is my way to relax & ignore everyday stress!
STUFF I DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT:
  • i don't care about images, descriptions, drawings, or models -- you name it. i'm fine with anything -- your preference works for me!
  • i don't care how often you post -- i'm super super patient, just keep me updated if you plan to be gone longer than a week without chatting! i hope you're patient with me too.
WORD BANK & PROMPTS:

just a nice little word bank:
soldiers writing letters, disguised characters, ghosts, spirits, protecting sacred spaces, assassins, detectives, police involvement, gangs, fighting pits, clergy, demons, biblical texts, summonings, former lovers / friends, sudden disappearances, kidnapping, contamination, apocalypse, dystopian societies, corruption, vampires, werewolves, royalty, guards, knights, transformations, shrines, artists, muses, hunters, forced relationships / arranged marriage, cheating, conspiracy theories, story tellers, family lines, possession, addiction, closeted, mermaids, dragons / dragon shifters & riders, kids inheriting their parent's giant corporation / politics, marriage for peace amongst groups that hate each other, more to come.

• dragons, royalty, servants / knights, etc.: somewhat got / hotd inspired but instead of just owning dragons, they are related to them. long story short: humans having bonds with dragons to protect both the magical / non-magical worlds. this relationship isn't really meant or allowed to be romantic, but ofc some couple decides to break the rules. fast forward to the current timeline: the children of said couple destroy a lot of things, ruin relationships -- humans end up resenting all ties with magic / dragons, etc. and vice versa. no real war, but extreme hostility. a human king & queen finally take over again & in their heads, 'peace' is restored now that it seems there isn't anymore chaos in their blood anymore lol.

character a is related to dragons (whether passed down from the royal family or outside of it) and character b is a human -- mage, knight, advisor to the kingdom, etc. roles are fairly open! basically the idea is to parallel the original love between a human rider & their dragon hehe bc we love that

ie. relationships that shouldn't exist, deciding whether or not to do things for the 'greater good', assuming responsibilities that neither of them want, falling in love as two people who are supposed to dislike each other or already being close & suddenly being thrown into a huge mess, etc.
  • supernatural detective x creature / hunter x creature: we all love a good enemies to lovers -- a newly transformed monster of the night up against an expert hunter, well-versed in handling them. this can go a thousand different ways -- newly turned creature and a hunter that finds he has a heart. maybe can't bring himself to kill the other because they were old friends? old lovers? :- 0 hunters & supernatural beings teaming up against a common enemy? hunters working with police? the public knowing about the supernatural -- there being some kind of 'registry'? lots & lots of ideas with this!
  • cursed prince / mage: heir to the throne being cursed for being a shitty person or just plain cursed so he can't take the throne? perhaps by a mage who hates the royal family? a mage hired by an evil kingdom with underhanded thoughts?
  • wildlife volunteer / vet / werewolf / shifter: a fluffy concept mostly -- shifters n' such probably don't get the same kind of access to medical care like humans -- most of them living in small rural communities. either a family of them needs help or the pair sort of run into each other under accidental circumstances & things go from there.
  • lover of the occult / demon trying to be better: general outcast 'cool' kid who can't get enough of the occult, old ancient tomems, grimoires & curses being stuck with a demon who wants to get away from all that and find some sort of salvation? how they meet up is up in the air -- could be through a summoning, inherited from a dead family member, etc.?
that's that! seriously, i'm pretty much open to most ideas! all the prompts are also up to be changed if you have other ideas or things come to mind! :- )

Hi Sumnery,
Im pretty new here and looking for a mature writer to work together with.
You can check out my intro for a bit more about me if you are curious.
Id like to hear some of your ideas

dragon shifters and riders, multiple replies a day, quality writing? this sounds fantastic! if you're still interested please hit me a PM here, and I'd love to talk, perhaps over Discord too c:

Sounds like my cup of tea! I’d love to chat more if you wanna PM me.

I messaged you a while back! If you are interested in figuring out something together let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back