• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

active_mind

Queen Hangry
Welcome to the Main thread! Just to recap what the situation is in Gatriva, I'm going to post the group interest check paragraphs here. It contains all you need to know for now. Remember to look over the rules at the end again before you post!

Welcome to the country of Gatriva. Gatriva has been facing civil war and general unrest amongst its 8, (subject to change based on interest), kingdoms. Emperor Mavril, the beloved ruler of Gatriva is sick and tired of it. He has been receiving mysterious reports of sorcery, magic, or some sort of unknown force being unleashed in the West. Whatever it is, whoever is controlling it, is not friendly. Devastating damages to the land, and even worse, high numbers of casualties, have been reported throughout the West, steadily heading East.

At this rate, Mavril cannot handle any more bloodshed among his people. Although a truce has been in effect for the past six months so that each kingdom may have a chance to recover, he knows more squabbling is inevitable. So, he has sent a messenger to the kings and queens of each kingdom, asking that each kingdom send a daughter or son, a prince or princess, to his palace in the East for a grand feast. The intention is that the young princes and princesses may find some common ground and befriend each other, with possible marriage in the future. This will bind the kingdoms together, and, with luck, help Gatriva fight against these malevolent forces heading East.

Each kingdom has agreed reluctantly to send an heir, but tensions are high. Will they all pull together and fight the unknown? Or will they crumble, destroying each other before they are even able to discover who or what is killing so many, so fast?

Your character will begin either en-route to Mavril's palace, or you may have already arrived. Each of you may bring two or three bodyguards into the palace, or you can come alone. Your choice for both.

The palace looks something along these lines on the outside.
163788.jpg
Castle photo cred

Inside, you will find a large hall, that leads to an archway, where the main room is. This is where all conversing will take place until the feast begins. Tall windows outlined in gold are found around this room, marble floors polished to perfection. Guards are posted around the whole palace, and this room is no exception. You will find a few very important nobles talking, and a couple of servants bringing platters with drinks around, from a different room to the side, but otherwise the room is empty. Up a flight of stairs to your right is the dining room where the feast will take place. Delicious smells of meat cooking and soups being prepared can already be smelled even in this main room. Once enough people have arrived, Mavril will show up and lead everyone in there.

For others that want to join after these initial scenes are over, you will need to run it by me. I'm not opposed to letting people join later in the story, but I'll need to work with you to make sure it's seamless and won't interfere with the plot. That being said, best of luck on your travels, young royals.

Rules:

1. First and foremost, follow all rpnation guidelines. You all know this.

2. No killing other characters without the maker's permission.

3. If you do not give me some sort of notice that you will be away and not responding, and you do not respond within 5 days, I will likely kill off your character. I don't mean to be rude, but the last thing I want is for others to be stuck where they are because they are waiting on a response from you. It will hold up the story.

4. Please don't be overpowered. You will see in the character creation sheet I will make that you will be limited to one type of power, and you must list a weakness. Remember, your character doesn't even know about these powers at first.

5. There must be a minimum of one paragraph when you respond (5 sentences)

6. Please use good grammar and spelling. Just makes things easier for everyone to understand.

7. Be kind to each other and patient as well. Everyone has different schedules and routines.

Last edited:
Mavril sat on his throne, wine in a glass in his hand. His face looked weathered already, but today, the look of deep sadness deepened this effect. He moved the wine around in his glass, watching it swirl around. Sighing quietly, a tear formed in his eyes. His long time bodyguard, and trusted friend, Cirin, stood at his side, casting a sideways glance towards the weary emperor. Concerned, he spoke up. "My king... are you sure that you are... together enough... to meet all these royals, sir?" Mavril chuckled quietly, regaining his composure. "I'm fine Cirin. However, you never gave me the report about the regiment I sent to Aeshaniv. And... did Rallek send any word about his investigation in Vaaras Swamp?"

Cirin frowned, looking at Mavril. "Sir, the regiment has not been heard from in weeks, you know this as well as I-" Mavril slammed his cup down, the sadness replaced with anger. Cirin flinched, then after a long pause Mavril quietly muttered, "The sooner we can all unite, the sooner we can march out there in full force and figure out what is really going on." He paused once again. "Rallek?" Cirin grimaced. "He's on his way back. He found nothing and was expected to be back tonight." Mavril looked out the window to his left, lost in thought. "Someday Tarya..." He whispered, then stood, raising his voice.

"Very well. Tell the guards to take their positions." He adjusted his crown. It was feeling particularly heavy lately. Breathing in, he looked at the wine that had spilled on the ground in his angry fit. "Notify the servants about this mess, then tell them to set the grand dining table." He walked towards the door, his footsteps quietly echoing in the spacious room, Cirin quietly following him after relaying Mavril's orders to another guard. Cirin gently placed a hand on Mavril's shoulder. The old emperor turned. "Mavril... I mean, my king... is it just me, or does this night feel... odd somehow?" Cirin said.

Mavril smiled, patting Cirin on the back. "My old, faithful friend... of course this is an odd night. Tonight, with luck, the kingdoms finally come together, acting as one. We will fight the forces that threaten us together, defending Gatriva. And we will be victorious, stronger than ever. For the first time in many, many years, we will have hope and peace. Yes..." He rubbed his chin in thought. "Yes, this is an odd night. Of course it is! A wonderfully odd night. Come now, our guests will not welcome themselves!" He walked out the massive doors, yelling out orders to guards and servants alike while Cirin hesitated behind him. He looked around and whispered under his breath, "...sure doesn't feel like a 'good' odd to me..." He then followed the king out the door.

(We are now open for posts, ladies and gents 😁)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back