• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Time After Time | OOC

Characters
Here
Oh hes cute but like...he looks bitey to me >.> I feel like in my heart I yearn for a pet micro raptor so I feel you completely but like...in the setting of "dinosuar park that goes deadly wrong" its a nice thing we don't get to have/a path to hell lmao.
They're certainly not for everyone LOL!

I also feel that Microraptors are a relatively safe choice for a pet.

de6vz7w-1c1ead55-88c6-4ea5-bb93-52a33d4ed755.png

Nigel Marven is my childhood idol and hero

intimidated by everyone’s dino knowledge lolll. i have a thousand tabs open trying to bullshit playing a Knowledgeable character

intimidated by everyone’s dino knowledge lolll. i have a thousand tabs open trying to bullshit playing a Knowledgeable character
Lucky for me, I think I can just get away with Tenzing barely knowing a thing about dinosaurs. He only knows their behavioral patterns and probably can't remember their scientific names for the life of him. If he's worked with enough dinos in the park maybe he could just refer to them by names he gave them, like Brenda the T-Rex or Hubert the Dimorphodon.

Wow, my character is gonna feel even more like an idiot than he already does. His job is working on park vehicles and machinery. The dinosaur knowledge he has is stuff he's observed while working on said vehicles.

Wow, my character is gonna feel even more like an idiot than he already does. His job is working on park vehicles and machinery. The dinosaur knowledge he has is stuff he's observed while working on said vehicles.
Think of it this way. Your character has a widely useful, marketable skill that'll pretty much guarantee him a job no matter what. These eggheads spent years of their lives to barely make a living dusting off dinosaur bones in the middle of the desert and only now have a job where they can actually see living dinosaurs but that probably doesn't matter because odds are they're getting eaten by their favorite dinos. Who's the idiot now?

Think of it this way. Your character has a widely useful, marketable skill that'll pretty much guarantee him a job no matter what. These eggheads spent years of their lives to barely make a living dusting off dinosaur bones in the middle of the desert and only now have a job where they can actually do something but that probably doesn't matter because odds are they're getting eaten by their favorite dinos. Who's the idiot now?
Yeah, that's a good point, perhaps he'll come to realize that at some point.

Lol! Not the only character that doesn’t know a lot about dinosaurs. SD has….some knowledge but it ain’t a lot

Not me using my paleontologist friend for info when building this damn park. looks away in shame.

Why's their gotta be any shame in reaching out to a friend who's knowledgeable and interested in a topic you're interested in as well?

unknown.png

no but i would like to see it. if a paleontologist is suggesting deaths, and specific ones, i got a bad feeling 😏

Why's their gotta be any shame in reaching out to a friend who's knowledgeable and interested in a topic you're interested in as well?
Oh I was just joshing haha my friend and I talk about this sort of thing anyway so its not really out of left field. They're more the vertebrate side of things while I work with inverts, so we're often swapping info for projects.

I wasn't kidding about wanting to get squished by a Stegosaurus. If they want that, I'll happily provide.
unknown.png

no but i would like to see it. if a paleontologist is suggesting deaths, and specific ones, i got a bad feeling 😏
They legitimately were like "hey I'll love you forever if you kill someone like this" and truly who am I to deny such a thing

Oh I was just joshing haha my friend and I talk about this sort of thing anyway so its not really out of left field. They're more the vertebrate side of things while I work with inverts, so we're often swapping info for projects.
does that mean we get a cute little touch pool of the park's inevitable waterworld for prehistoric inverts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit: i am realising now that they would not be tiny and in fact probably most the size of a person 😲

does that mean we get a cute little touch pool of the park's inevitable waterworld for prehistoric inverts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit: i am realising now that they would not be tiny and in fact probably most the size of a person 😲
Lmaoooo there is an aquarium area at the very least!! I gotta get in some cool little guys or I'll die. And there might be Permian dragonflies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back