• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy This Sea Isn’t MY Ocean. (Pirate Isekai) (Main, closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Olivier opens her eyes and looks around confused. She notices she is in a dark room the only light coming in is from between the planks above. She can smell the salt in the air and feeling the rocking of the ship. Olivier then feel some drop on her like water dripping from the boards about. She looks at her hand and sees that it was blood then she hears someone talking from above her on the Main deck she can't understand them its not a language she knows. Then she gets a splitting headache remembering her past life and the memories of the person who she has taken the place of forced there way into her head. Remembering hear death Olivier starts to panic trying to understand what is happening.

“Be calm, my newly adopted child”, a disembodied voice speaks to Oliver, “this is your second chance. There is no need to worry of your previous life.” A feeling of ease washes over her, “do be careful of the assassins above deck. They will take care of your doppelgänger and should leave soon.“

"Doppelganger?" She whispers before she starts thinking "who are you and why should I trust you" she whispers coldly talking to the voice. She knows that everything comes with a price. Olivier is trying to figure out what this voice is planning.

“I am the god of this world, my child” the voice seems to chuckle, “remember our meeting before your resurrection. I simply want you to not have to remember such a death as your last moment. The only intention I have is to give excitement and wonder to everyone, including myself.” The voice continues, “you are not the only one who I bestowed this gift upon. I one day hope for you to meet the others. In return, all I ask is that you be careful with the life i have given you, I will bestow upon you the gift of devine protection, along with the others.”

"I would have to say my interest is peaked," Stad replied to the disembodied voice. "But I don't really know how to sail a ship. And I don't think being thrown to the sea is a fitting burial for any person, deppleganger or not."
"Hmmm," Stad hummed. "Yes, that makes sense. Very well, then. I'll have to toss him overboard. By the way, what do I call you?"
He picked up his doppelganger easily and pushed him over board. It seemed he was on a rather small ship. Looking around, he suddenly saw a small form over at the stern huddled in a small ball. Walking over, he got within five feet when it suddenly jumped at him. Instincivly remembering the judo he took as a teenager, he managed to hurl this little being into the rail, nocking it out. It turned out to be a young neko. He washed its cuts and left some of the food he found next to it. Then he took the offering of the etheral voice and operated the tiller.
"Where we going now?"

Olivier listened to the voice's words but when she heard them say 'excitement and wonder to everyone, including myself' she knew exactly why she had been given a second chance and anger bubbled inside her "you just want you use us for entertainment as puppets for your enjoyment" she says with anger lacing the words coming out of her mouth. "I won't be your puppet" she says to the voice "this is my second chance I will do things for myself not you" Olivier knew at that second that she mustn't meet the others that were brought here it would be playing into this "God's" hands.

the voice called to Stad again, “My name is incomprehensible to human tongues. However, you may refer to me as either the titles of God, or Father, or even mother, as many called your deity in your homeworld. I have given others from your world the gift of life, you should meet with them in a number of days on this course. Then you can form a crew in this flooded world, trust me when i say, numbers are important here.” They

The god speaks to Oliver, ”for you to do what you want is what I intended. In all means, enjoy your life. It only brings me joy as it is something different from the usual. Think of meeting the others as an optional sidequest. It will help your so-called social status to be in larger numbers, but it is not required. I will give helpful advice from time to time, wether you follow it is absolutely your decision, though one way or another, you may stumble across them. These things tend to happen.”

Olivier doesn't respond to the voice any more and starts to make her way around the hold quietly hiding behind the boxes as she moves. As she is stealthing around she hears a thud from above and more blood starts to seep through the cracks of the boards about and heard "that is all of them" one of the assassins says before leaving the ship and the others leave.

THICCDRAGON THICCDRAGON
a large tentacle quickly emerges from the waters and grabs Mathius from where he stands, quickly yanking him Off the ship, hitting his head on the railing, and pulling him deep under the water, “YOU KILLED MY- HUBby?”. in another of the many other tenticles is the corpse of Mathius’s doppelgänger. The kraken holds close the corpse with confusion in her eyes,

“you do not have the soul he had, that is obvious… but you have the same face and gear”, she turns him upside down and around examining him, “Exactly the same… in addition to a magical item that allows you to breathe without breathing… but there is no facial reconstructive magic taking place?”, she starts shaking him aggressively, “EXPLAIN!”

She pauses for a moment. Seeming to be listening to something. Her pupils shrink and she seems to be arguing with herself over what she should do. Before admitting defeat and slowly placing him back on the ship; carefully setting him down. Her squid-like head emerges slowly from the water, “The all powerful one has explained. You are not my husband, though you are taking his place. I have been assured that you may love me the same if not better as time goes by. You need not explain further, I just ask what it is you wish to do with this second life?”

Alex opens his eyes, albeit not fully. He is forced to close them as soon as he opened, however, as the burning noon sun Pierced through his eyes. The reflexive thought of 'late again! ' flashes through his mind, reinvigorating his limp body. But what he sees after is an entirely new world. His small yet comfortable bedroom was nowhere to be seen. In it's place was a deck made up of wooden planks. He looks around, now filled with anxiety. What enters his vision though, was something even more anxiety inducing. A dead corpse! One with hollow eyes and bashed head. It looked as though he was hit with a blunt weapon with incredible force. Alex, however, didn't have the time or energy to examine all these details. He didn't even have the time to notice the gentle rocking of the ship, or the sound of waves hitting against the ship. His mind was empty, and he looked like his mind had gone numb from the shock.

Jaldabaoth Jaldabaoth
“worry not, my child, for I am with you”, a slightly effeminate voice enters his head, a calming wave spreads throughout him.

“This is your second chance, remember our previous conversation, after your quite unfortunate death, I chose to bring you back to my realm along with others.” They feel something in the palm of their hand, With this enchanted earring, you shall no longer bleed. And with that I give my Devine protection. It will only go so far, however know I will be watching over you.”

“The one who did this to your doppelgänger is gone and no longer a threat. However, you may want to do something about the corpse so you may not have to explain to others why it is on your ship.”

Finnegan opens his eyes slowly, his head pounding and ringing like a bell. "What the...how the...where am I?" His eyes focus on the corpse in front of him, a dagger protruding from the dead man's chest.

Matius rubs his head and groans in pain after he just slammed his head on the deck. He looks up at the kraken a little confused “you said I’m your what?” He looks her up and down “you know ain’t that bad” he murmurs “I don’t know what to do here”

r_dubya r_dubya
”Hello, my child.” can be heard, “do not be allarmed, you have been resurrected as a new form. Here you have higher dexterity, so you wont trip over nothing, and I have a gift for you. On the ground to your left is a mask of disguise. When you place it upon your face, you may look like anyone you have encountered in either life. Please, use it well.”

THICCDRAGON THICCDRAGON
”it is true, your previous double married this kraken.“ the god speaks, “one way he would make money is to help an assassin take care of their victims by bringing them to the kraken’s domain. I don‘t know wether you will keep doing that, but the assassin is an ally though they are in the same situation you may find yourself. The Kraken, Tracy, may lead you to them if you ask.“
(dont worry, talked to them about doing this, wont do anything too extreme randomly)

Last edited:
Finnegan looks around for the voice came from, he sees only the corpse and a mask. "Th-thank you, but what's the catch? Nothin's free where I come from"

r_dubya r_dubya
“If there must be a catch, have it be this… Enjoy life. And share that enjoyment with others.” The voice continues, “I’m time, you will also Stumble across more of my adopted children. Attempt not to bicker and become close. For you may rely on each other. Social status is a big thing in this world, after all.”

“Okay then miss Tracey is it would you take me my associate the assassin please darling” he asks looking towards not knowing really how to feel about her

THICCDRAGON THICCDRAGON
“Yes, darling”, Tracy says. Her tentacles wrap around the ship and begin pulling it along. She begins munching on the previous ship owner, “he would have wanted to be inside me one last time”

"I'll do my best...thanks for this." Finnegan reaches down and picks up the mask, fitting it to his face easily. "Now, what should I do with you?" He eyes the corpse, then the door behind it. "Time for you swimming lessons, sailor." He pulls the dagger and heaves the body onto his shoulder, carrying them both through the door and up a flight of stairs onto the deck

Mathius looks at her questioningly “uh huh let’s go with that” he walks under the deck to the kitchen again and grabs a bottle of rum and starts drinking it “ today has been something else” he takes a huge gulp “wonder if this assassin will attack me”

the spirit stops his agression "does that mean....." he walks up the stairs to the top deck and reakizes how he died " well aint that a shame, well at least my life wont go completly to waste" turning to his new aquaintance "show me your skillset as a warrior"

"i have no skill ive never fought before" gabriel states sheepishly.

the warrior sighs " can you sail?"

"absolutly'

"Very well sail us to somewhere safe and ill teach you to fight, gotta leave a legacy some how" the warrior looks off into the distance " what a time to be alive.....well ....not anymore.

Gabriel117 Gabriel117 “Do you plan to stick around for the time being?”, the god asks the specter, “if you choose to stick around, you may, though your body is somewhat rotted, I may allow you to reanimate for brief periods of time, though it may cause extreme discomfort”

Jaldabaoth Jaldabaoth
“worry not, my child, for I am with you”, a slightly effeminate voice enters his head, a calming wave spreads throughout him.

“This is your second chance, remember our previous conversation, after your quite unfortunate death, I chose to bring you back to my realm along with others.” They feel something in the palm of their hand, With this enchanted earring, you shall no longer bleed. And with that I give my Devine protection. It will only go so far, however know I will be watching over you.”

“The one who did this to your doppelgänger is gone and no longer a threat. However, you may want to do something about the corpse so you may not have to explain to others why it is on your ship.”
"ahh!" as the sudden, effeminate voice rang inside his head, his heartbeat that has shot up to the point that it felt more like tapping, suddenly calmed down. He looked back, trying to see if someone was speaking from behind, but he found none. As the voice finished speaking, memories of him speaking to an androgynous figure resurfaced themselves in his mind. He looked below, and their it was, the erring that the voice spoke about. He also started feeling the rocking of waves on the ship. Now, although he still refused to believe this reality, his senses were telling him that it was true.
After a few minutes of digesting the unreal world around him, he spoke under his breath, "This world is submerged. I am given a second chance. I'm on a ship. This is too unre-".
His wandering mind came back to the issue in front of him. In front of him was a dead man, and according to the androgynous figure, he should take care of the dead body. Alex starts scanning the man's corpse.

Their was a rapier in his hand which was slightly bloodied. It looked like their was a bit of a scuffle between this man and the assailant, but the assailant was victorious in the end. The rapier looked really sharp, just like the ones he had seen in the movies of his world.

The dead man looked quite heavy, and moving him might prove to be out of Alex's ability. But still, Alex tried.

He was not as heavy as he had thought, and after removing all his armour, he was even lighter. But throwing him out of the ship was quite difficult. His weight was an issue, but Alex's lack of willingness to commit such an act was also making this task difficult.

"I can't throw him out like this! " he spoke out loud. But a part of his mind was telling him to throw the body.

After a few minutes of deep contemplation, his self-serving side seemed to have won. This time, he really pushed the man out of the ship and into the sea. He still felt guilty, though.

After slightly shaking his head, he returned his attention back to the stuff that the man had on himself. It was a rapier, a chest plate made of something akin to iron but blue in colour, 4 throwing knifes and a pair of leather boots. He threw the man's hat in the sea with him, as a show of remorse.

He started wearing all the equipment that the man had left behind, and one by one, the man's memories started flooding his mind. The man's name was Samuel De Gox, the captain of Blue moon ship. He was a pirate, and had been one for more then 20 years. His crew was 13 men large, his boat Swain and his wife, Lariana De Gox had been in his life for 15 years. But tonight, a larger pirate ship decided to attack his ship out of nowhere. Their crew of 13 was outnumbered 3 to 1. As the assault began, 3 black hooded men attacked Samuel, driving him towards the bow of the ship when a 4th black hooded man joined them. Samuel fought hard, but he was out matched in both skill and and numbers. His death was inching closer and closer by the second, and their was no one to hold it back. Samuel died with a blow to his head.

Alex looked up and said,"was this your plan? "

Jaldabaoth Jaldabaoth
A sad and weary feeling washes over them, “I dont have a plan, my child. Unlike your old god, I wanted a raw and meaningful experience for everyone. For them to find out their own purpose, their own plan, their own lives.. However exciting it may be. I created my world with the intention of its people living lives separate from me. I only intervene in my own world if there is a big enough problem that many people feel the need to pray. And since the flood, not many have prayed. I almost abandoned my own world to perish on its own. However, I decided that I would rather get more involved rather than let it die off. I am not all seeing or all knowing by choice, though I am all powerful. one way I decided to help this world is to repopulate it with the souls that used to reside in purgatory. From a world that was long abandoned by their own god.“,

They start refer to Alex’s doppelgänger, “It was their time to pass yes, but that time is ever-changing. I give all my new children a way to see how much time they have left, on the underside of their wrist. It is covored in case they wish not to see, however, i give them the choice. If someone loses their life to another, that was part of the gamble of choosing me as their god at the beginning of the world.

“like all gods, i was once a living being who has made mistakes. I now see i have made mistakes even as a god. I wish to fix this world. and to do that, I must treat my new children better. They are ones who will inherit this world after all.”,

Last edited:
the voice called to Stad again, “My name is incomprehensible to human tongues. However, you may refer to me as either the titles of God, or Father, or even mother, as many called your deity in your homeworld. I have given others from your world the gift of life, you should meet with them in a number of days on this course. Then you can form a crew in this flooded world, trust me when i say, numbers are important here.” They

The god speaks to Oliver, ”for you to do what you want is what I intended. In all means, enjoy your life. It only brings me joy as it is something different from the usual. Think of meeting the others as an optional sidequest. It will help your so-called social status to be in larger numbers, but it is not required. I will give helpful advice from time to time, wether you follow it is absolutely your decision, though one way or another, you may stumble across them. These things tend to happen.”
Stad shook his head.
"I knew of no God in my world," he said. "But whatever you say. Deity. And what should I do with this Neko? At least that's what I think it is."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back