• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I’d honestly just prefer to see Muggle belligerents trying to infiltrate and steal from/expose the Wizarding World manually. I don’t like the idea of a Wizarding potion because that’s inevitable going to get you into the magic theft nonsense they used to imprison Muggle-Borns in book 7.

Okay! no problem :) I didn't think of it that way!

So here is my next question. How are the muggles going to infiltrate the wizarding world when it's suppose to be invisible to them.

I mean, can’t they just wear robes and know the jargon? There’s no wizard-tests in any part of the wizarding world. As shown in book 4, the wards used to protect sites also work on other wizards, the wizards just already know the things are there. It’s why British wizards can’t find Durmstrung.

Maybe we should move to a DM thread for plotting? Love all of this so far!!

Would the kidnappings be rather hush hush or somewhat known? An easy way to sort of give exposition/context to the characters would be the news giving reports on missing wizarding children/muggles being sighted close to magical communities?

I think maybe infiltration of Hogwarts could work better as a later event? So we start at the school year with whispers of missing children and slowly there seems to be increased security and Aurors all around ect.

Although how would we balance it? As humans exist in a very different world, would this just be a small human faction dismissed as crazy by society and trying to prove otherwise - maybe people who've had run ins and botched obliviations or seen things unexplainable when they were younger, resentful family members of muggle borns or even a squib? Or would it be part of a much larger group?

Last edited:
oh I missed quite a bit, did the plotting dm already take off?

Also, when it comes to how this hostile muggle faction would be received, I'm thinking they're definitely viewed as the "crazies" by the widely non-magic world. Perhaps they're seen as a new pesky group of "the end is near" type folks, most of which only contribute through holding picket signs on city streets or preaching in parks. The TRUE organization though has spent the better half of their time infiltrating the wizarding world, simply using their less dedicated followers for finding and misdirection.

Moving on to the kidnapping, I like the idea of this student playing a role in their scheme to achieve permanent magic for themselves. Perhaps the way that their operatives are utilizing magic could be through a sort of ritual (or potion if that's still on the table) that allows them to suck the magic from another. If this were the case, a series of kidnappings might be more appropriate, as each victim is a "battery" that would only give a limited supply of magic to whomever the ritual transfers it to.

The initial BIG kidnapping could be someone related to our characters in some way, like they knew each of us. That could bring the group together and launch our little adventure.

Seriously, can we really not do magic transfer? I really don’t want to go down that path, it’s going to be awful for literally every Muggle-Born.

Seems to be no dm, didn't want to step on toes and make one myself in case anyone wasn't comfy.

And in fairness it's going to be bad for muggleborns anyways: they're still seen as very linked to muggles, muggles are hurting people - I'd assume attitudes would become somewhat hostile and blaming them -> muggleborns means more stuff between the magical and muggle worlds -> more chances of exposure or loose lips ect. I doubt they can walk away from this fine. Also not entirely sure how playing muggleborns would work if it's preferred no oc first years whilst we're starting in the first year. Unless maybe a relative of Dudley or another notable muggle.

I think we probably all need to say our ideas for the motivation of the muggles and the grand plan and then maybe vote on it? Seems the fairest way. That or Zune chooses.

My idea is that some kind of international company, probably a military contractor or pharmaceutical giant, managed to track down the scattered video tapes of wizards and various crazies who corroborate the same story. They want to gain access to either potions or wizarding weapons but don’t want to expose the secret at large, because of worries about irresponsible nonsense like transfiguring up quarks but not down quarks.

So they’re mostly kidnapping wizards and such to interrogate on how exactly to obtain the magical abilities and items. It would start with a few recluses at the edge of Wizarding society at first, but eventually grow into stuff like armed robbery of Diagon Alley and attempted bombing of Hogwarts to try and retrieve the large magical well of power.

My question for that scenario is how are they going to blend into the wizarding world without magic of their own? Would there be magical sympathizers of theirs? Also, if their goal is to gain a large magical well of power, doesn’t that bring magic transfer into the scenario anyways? Unless the goal is not to achieve power but something else.

I feel like if there was some greater force or power at work it would be more likely to be religious/governmental or a more general expose/use magic group - I just feel as if it would work more so localised than not if we're doing Hogwarts students as they tend to exist in their own worlds. If you wanted a larger force then there could be whispers of it across wizarding Europe which then spreads to the rest of the world, maybe there's some sort of incident somewhere else that increases the tension for our characters and it builds that way until there's an event around them.

My own take for the muggles as baddies would be; After the last wizarding war brought them to the brink of exposure, dogfights in the skies of London and wizards forced to flee into muggle territory to have any chance at evasion, Voldemort and his kin attacking muggleborns and muggles to send a message to the rest of the world, there's now whispers in the depths of society. Most are brushed off as crazy, how could they not? But even still a group remains, certain of what they saw, tales of people in suits brandishing wands at them and making their minds go hazy, monsters, wizards killing in front of them. Most moved on, or forgot because memory can be a tricky thing, especially with magic involved but some did not. The government know about magic and have an uneasy alliance with the wizarding world but these events have forced them to reconsider, to consider trying to close the doorways between the two worlds.

- People dismissed as crazy working to expose the wizarding world; muggles, muggleborns, squibs or whomever you'd like. Maybe a muggleborn thinks society would be best with the worlds combined, maybe a Squib is resentful of the life they're forced to lead through no fault of their own (maybe wants to see if muggle science could help them? If some of you wanted the battery/transfer idea,) maybe it's a power hungry muggle. They start small, tailing places where the walls between the worlds seem thinner, approaching strange people at pubs, watching and waiting and learning. Sometimes they take people, ask them questions to try and get to the truth - sometimes they take children in their growing desperation. The kidnapping is building anxiety within the wizarding world, the government forced to cover it up but whispers remain. Society is torn; the witch trials fresh in their memory on the pages of their history books. Conflict builds between the muggles trying to expose it (for whichever ends we want, maybe it's orchestrated by a sect of the wizarding world, maybe it's purely muggle) and use it for their own ends. Wizarding world are trying to hide it, find their missing children and keep society as it is. Some radical wizards may be in favour of the walls coming down.

Also I think them being able to infiltrate wizarding society would have to be very much planned and thought about as by all accounts, unless we go the wizards are so arrogant they haven't protected it as much as they should route, it should be near impossible without magical help of their own.

Down for anything though, would people be alright with a dm thread or no? Are you allowed to use an IC to plot?

I think if we jump into it mainly being violence/action straight away, especially if we're starting as first years it would be a bit strange and instead a more so growing quiet tension would work which then ends up as events similar to the ones from the wizarding war just between different groups.

Last edited:
A plotting dm is probably the best idea currently, yeah.

I really don’t want infiltrators in Hogwarts at all. Are we doing a plot runner or just collaborative GMing?

Sorry I'm late to the game here. The DM thread is absolutely fine. I am so easy going I dont really have a problem. But I agree with Frumpkin, I feel like muggleborn's are going to have a hard time no matter how we look at the scenario.

I think you all have wonderful ideas thus far! Let's create a DM thread and lets see if we can boil this down further! :)

I've been on a harry potter high lately, started watching the movies again and I might actually read the books this time around while I wait for legacy to come out. I'd also be down to help out with any and all dm stuff!

I've been on a harry potter high lately, started watching the movies again and I might actually read the books this time around while I wait for legacy to come out. I'd also be down to help out with any and all dm stuff!
Hey! Welcome!
That’s awesome. I invited you to the DM chat! I am new to the whole group chat DM so I’m not sure if you can see the old chat or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back