• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

zuneboo

The Broken Princess
Hey everyone!

My name is Katt, and I'm 20+ year old role player!

Soo I know I'm probably really behind on this fandom train... (haha, get it... if not you will in a second). The express left the station without me, I got stranded on platform 9 3/4!

Anyway, I have been wanted to do a group role play for a little bit now since I have started reading the books, I am on the fourth book! (Again, I know, Im late! I must have misplaced my time turner!)

I would love to plot something original, with maybe original characters starting off as first years and they travel through their 7 (if we are lucky) years of Hogwarts! They can be offsprings to the main characters or they can be made up entirely new blood of wizard families! I am easy going, but they only thing I ask is that there be no original character's as first years.

Is anyone interested and willing to plot it out with me? if so, comment below!

Y'know, I was just thinking of an old hogwarts rp I'd hopped into a'ways back. I'd be down to put something together. Also, get ready to loose a significant amount of time to those books, I picked up Sorcerer's Stone and woke up roughly a year later at the end of Deathly Hollows.

Y'know, I was just thinking of an old hogwarts rp I'd hopped into a'ways back. I'd be down to put something together. Also, get ready to loose a significant amount of time to those books, I picked up Sorcerer's Stone and woke up roughly a year later at the end of Deathly Hollows.

Oh trust me, It's easy to do. I started in February and its now already March! haha

and awesome!

I'd be interested in it! Admittedly whilst I know the story & have done a few Hogwarts RPs I've only read Philosophers Stone and Chamber of Secrets - then the audiobooks for two others. Would you want it to be a series of characters just exploring their time at Hogwarts or would you want an overarching HP-style plot with some great evil? I'd be very interested regardless.

I'm all for solving the classic mystery while trying to balance a wizard curriculum.

I am all for whichever! We can create our own magical mystery to solve, with a new master of evil. I just honestly want to do something within the HP world. :)

Interested! I’m probably an abomination of nature here though, since I finished all the books as audiobooks before I could even read normally and my normal reading speed can finish the entire series within a week, haha.

I’d love a new overarching villain, I can even create it as my character if no one else wants to run them.

Would you want this as a group at the current size or a larger group? I think a new overarching villain could be fun! Be interesting if, because you mentioned potentially wanting people related/descending from canon characters, something set a few decades after the war? Maybe a new faction is rising up in the underbelly of the wizarding world? Could be an interesting time as there's already been two major wars so coming from the fallout and knowledge of those could be interesting? If you wanted original characters but with canon families, you could go the route of pre-series and having your own marauders type thing with your own group/villain if you wanted. Or like you said if you wanted the more canon vibe then descendants afterwards.

Just wondering what you're wanting exactly or what everyone else is wanting if you're for whichever? But if you haven't finished the series going soon-ish after the canon events could potentially spoil things for you if you're unaware?

Sorry about all the questions! <3

Not to familiar on what happens prior to the books, though a quick wiki search could solve that. Personally, I’m down for formulating something after the source material, would love to concoct some kind of plot.

Prior to the books is basically just the first wizarding war and the first band of Hogwarts students fighting against a great evil, the marauders/previous generation so the Potters and Longbottoms etc. Early days Voldemort

I am most definitely in though I do think an after the source or heck an alternate universe of sorts where we make our own villains without the constraints of the lore could be fun!

I’m thinking some kind of Muggle threat after the books take place. I find it fascinating how the Wizarding World would have to adapt after the rise of the Internet.

Perhaps it’s muggles trying to manufacture a form of magic. Like trying to awaken whatever gene enables someone to tap into it. They’re willing to do it by any means necessary, believing that it’s their duty to protect the muggle world from the dangers of wizarding kind. That or their trying to take away people’s magic, though I feel their main drive would be creating their own.

Yeah, definitely, there’s a lot of effects like the Pensieve and Legilimency that would be much desired among Muggles.

ooooo, I LOVE the way you guys think!

Or what if we had it post wizard war , and the muggles try to break into the wizarding world? with creating their own "magic" force by kidnapping a wizard/witch like just outside Diagon Alley and they are pushing their "magic" off of the witch/wizards magic? (does that make sense?)

I like it! We could do it with just those that responded thus far, or we could wait another day or so. I need to create a Character sheet for my Character..

Do you guys use real face claims or drawings/anime face claims for your characters?

I generally write descriptions. I’m paranoid to an ungodly degree of being shamed for art theft.

I usually do drawn stuff or descriptions as well! It’s usually easier for me since I feel like it allows for more creativity then finding that one actor who looks perfect for the role! Also I love the idea of involving Muggles! It could be quite intriguing especially since it could involve both sides being well morally grey since well... considering the existence of the term “mud blood” and Death Eaters, I doubt wizards held Muggles in high regard

Would you guys be willing to double?

Maybe we can all play A Wizard/Witch and a Muggle? And are you all keen on the kidnapping idea?

Would you guys be willing to double?

Maybe we can all play A Wizard/Witch and a Muggle? And are you all keen on the kidnapping idea?

I’d be up for it! And kidnapping could be interesting. Just are we still involving Hogwarts or would this just be more like Aurors doing Auror things so we don’t have to worry about the kidnapping drawing away from Hogwarts

Maybe we just see a lot of Aurors and stuff at Hogwarts with scary rumors about a missing student. We can weave it into other plots that way as well.

I’d be up for it! And kidnapping could be interesting. Just are we still involving Hogwarts or would this just be more like Aurors doing Auror things so we don’t have to worry about the kidnapping drawing away from Hogwarts

More like they kidnapped the wizard/witch and they infiltrated their way into hogwarts and go through years of schooling as "Mud-bloods" but they aren't true mudbloods.

So hmm,

maybe they kidnapping can already have taken place, and the new faction has populated into the wizarding world as a new "creation" of "Wizards and witches" but they are purely muggle. They have powers but it's not true power but they aren't squibs either. They still posses magic from the kidnapped witch/wizard. They have to drink a potion much how the Dark lord made Prof Quirrell to drink unicorn blood to "survive". (If anyone can help I'd love you loooooong loooong time lol, I just feel like this isn't transcribing well)

I’d honestly just prefer to see Muggle belligerents trying to infiltrate and steal from/expose the Wizarding World manually. I don’t like the idea of a Wizarding potion because that’s inevitable going to get you into the magic theft nonsense they used to imprison Muggle-Borns in book 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back