Character Theory There's a knock at your door... It's your character.

Be honest... as of reading this, how screwed are you?

• Actually, I think it would be quite a pleasant visit. 😇

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • They may be a little mad, but they would remain respectful. We might even talk things out.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I'm getting absolutely yelled at. Verbally obliterated.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • We're throwing down immediately, but I can take them/they won't kill me.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I think I can at least outrun them. It's my only chance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't run, I can't hide, I can't fight. This is where I die.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I'm going to be pleading for a death that never comes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seduction???

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

Daisie

Strangely regular (better than the usual bizarre!)
Roleplay Type(s)
There's a knock at your door. Oh, crap. The last character you roleplayed is standing on the other side. They're real, they are completely autonomous, and the worst part: They know who you are. They are acutely aware of everything you caused them, and there are no take-backsies.

How do you think the next ten minutes are going to pan out for you?

Boomer could probably chase me and likely would. He could print out an angry screed at me, and likely would. I might not be able to outrun him. If other characters of mine are also alive, (and there would probably have to be someone in order for the door to be knocked on) then it stands to reason that Rathbone, the second to last I've written, would immobolize him in order to ask me why thon had to start out as a human in a non-magical family and why thon's not a vampire yet. I'd try to reason with either one or both of them, and might succeed if I can win Rathbone's favor.

Honestly in terms of what I did to Kagami, he is usually the type to very much take things in his stride and suffer in silence. That being said, the particularly thing at the center of the plot has kind of left him shook since childhood, is quite embarrassing now, and that’s without even bringing up the fact that I had to put his sister through some damage to enable the plot. On the other hand, his situation also means that he can actually help his sister’s friend and partner achieve her lifelong dream. Either way I’m in for a lecture, but things will probably be amicable afterwards.

I opened the door and found a talking black cat in front of me. The cat strolled inside, claimed my house as her lair, enslaved me to do her biddings and then spent her entire days alternating between scheming for world domination and taking naps.

I opened the door and found a talking black cat in front of me. The cat strolled inside, claimed my house as her lair, enslaved me to do her biddings and then spent her entire days alternating between scheming for world domination and taking naps.

So... you got a normal cat?

So both my current characters are canons lol.

One is Lily Evans, so nothing bad has actually happened to her by this point in her timeline. I suppose if she is aware of what Joanne has in store for her she might be a little interested to hear some of the alternate stories I give her that deviate from her canon fate.

The second is Newt Scamander, I did get him expelled from Hogwarts but he does like his new school better anyway. And I block the dumpster fire that is the fantastic beast franchise from existence. So again if he is aware of what his canonical fate is then he will be very interested to know what I have in store for him long past the roleplays conclusion.

If we are talking the last original character I played that was awhile ago. I think it was Gladys the vampire. She had a fun life actually and I think she would be a little bummed her roleplay got cut short, but would be interested in pitching ideas for future

I'm beginning to think my narrative cruelty is not as commonplace as I once assumed

The last folks I've roleplayed were all from Portal: all of them are victims of circumstance, so I don't think any of them would be too mad at me.

Wheatley would be very sweet and probably curious about how this whole "writing" thing works. Ask me a ton of questions as to how his stories play out and what's going to happen next.

GLaDOS would be rather terrifying to have as a houseguest, but she would understand that I've been mostly kind to her in giving her scenarios to be interested in and engage with, rather than More Torture.

Doug Rattman is a complete sweetheart and would be the nicest out of all of them; most likely very grateful I've even given him people to talk to and interact with.

Fortunately for myself, Glacier is the last character I roleplayed, and I'd say he's quite chill (pun intended). Well, as long as it wasn't in the summer heat or something, but I digress.

Though I'm sure he would remain respectful, I don't think he would particularly like having been secretly created and controlled by someone else his entire existence (well, as "Glacier", but that's a different story); in fact, this would actually be ironic to his backstory as well, though even he is (or was) in the dark about it himself.

So, all in all, I think the next ten minutes would be a very tense & awkward discussion, but I highly doubt I'd be in danger. (As in "be attacked"; he could certainly kill me if he wanted to.)

Last edited:
I would suddenly have a very creepy and disturbing servant that probably sees me as a god. They barely have any emotions, but they'd probably be happy if they felt anything. Turn into some isekai manwha level plot if manwha had uh, freaky monsters as main characters

Oh I think Montgomery would definitely try and attack me for the stuff I've put him through, especially since most of it is the mental turmoil of him coping with his decisions past and present.

...But he's also supposedly based in the late 1800s. And I think if he were to land at my doorstep, he'd be too overwhelmed by how the future means poor air quality and cars zooming about to really care that I am the giver of his trauma. So I think I'm relatively off the hook with an angry lecture if I'm nice and explain everything. If he can even stand to stay for ten minutes.

Hmm... My character knocks at my door.

Welp!

Steve Austin Wwe GIF by A&E

Considering Venn was the last character I used and this is the only going roleplay with them in it, I think it would be okay. They probably would see Cam and try to run, though.

If Cam (most used character) knocked on the door, I'm screwed. I've put them through so much.

welp.

This is tough one because I currently have a few different roleplays working at once. I think I'll go with Jane though, because I've been using her in a few different roleplays at the moment.

Meeting one's creator was always a hard thing for anyone. As Jane knocked on the door, she felt her heart racing. As the door swung open to reveal the writer on the other side, what she was met with was quite unexpected, but she had only one burning question on her mind. "If I'm just a creation of your imagination, are any of my family real?"

although i haven't written for it yet, my newest roleplay showcases my skeleton dumbass cal.

this man wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was comically obviously evil, but i know for a fact i would get a solid lecture on how much i've made his life hell. i tried to make a joke character and then he was traumatized. oops!

Well I might be screwed, but I might not, for he is like Lorax he speaks for the trees, while being a water bender, for he is tree himself....
pathfinder 2e lore is weird. But it would either end up with us drinking tea, planting trees or me being used as the fertilizer for the trees.
so 2/3 options are good...

one out of a shitload but... Lord Caeran Beydon of Goulbrad??

1706825399902.png

kneel ig

I tend to not make my characters suffer for the sake of suffering, but given the settings they are in vs here, I like to assume they would like somehow ending up here.

Considering I roleplay several characters, let's go through what this scenario would be like for each of them:

-Gregory: He's usually the protagonist of a slice-of-life romance RP. Introverted but really smart, while he might not appreciate how many uncomfortable social situations he has to get into, I think he'd be mostly happy with me, since he tends to end up making new friends or even meeting a love interest. The roleplays he's a part of are usually cozy and light-hearted, so I don't think he has anything to resent me for. Plus we share a few common interests, so we might become friends!

-Sarah: She's usually a side character in any story that involves her younger brother Gregory. She never really has anything truly bad happen to her in any of the roleplays she's been a part of, in fact most of the time she gets a romantic subplot of her own, so I think she wouldn't be upset at me either. The only thing she might complain about is why she's never been the protagonist of a story for a change. But she's pretty reasonable, I don't think she'd be too upset about it. I might not have as much in common with her as with Gregory, but still, I think we'd get along. Honestly with how kind-hearted and attentive she is, she'd be a wonderful friend, even if she can be a bit too talkative at times.

-Jack: The most recent RP he's been a part of is an isekai fantasy adventure RP where he and his friends get sent into the world of a video game. I think he would have a few things to be upset about, like what happened to his love interest in that RP, so he'd probably blame me for it and be upset, but after I talk it out with him and reassure him that she'll be fine and they'll have a happy ending together I'm sure he'll be fine with that. Besides, even if in the video game world he's this powerful swordfighter, in the real world he is just an average teenager, so I'm not particularly scared either.

-Olivia: Yeah... she'd be angry. See, she's kind of the "tsundere" of my cast. And admittedly in the RP she's in she gets into situations that make her act really tsundere-like. She hates appearing vulnerable and often displays anger as a way to hide her embarrassment, and admittedly I do put her in a lot of situations where this happens, I just really like her dynamic with her love interest and with the other characters as this cold and reserved character who occasionally lashes out when embarrassed. So she might be angry that I constantly put her in those situations that she feels so awkward with. But what can I say? It's kind of fun to write, and the way her relation towards other characters grows as she warms up to them over time is so satisfying to watch. But yeah she's probably the only member of my cast that would truly be upset, since even though I don't cause her physical pain, she does end up feeling really awkward when I constantly put her in those scenarios that show her "tsundere" side. I mean if she gets upset when Jack calls her "Ollie", then yeah she'd be mad at me too.

-Chelsea: I think I treat her pretty well, as I do for pretty much all my characters. While she's had her share of hardships, to be honest she's had a lot of joys as well, and got to meet her love interest, so overall I think she wouldn't mind too much. Even if she was upset, she's a very forgiving person so I'm sure she won't hold resentment against me forever, she'd be willing to forgive me if she thinks I went too far with the challenges she and her friends had to face.

Those are the main ones, I'd say. Others don't really do as much in RPs or I haven't used in such a long time, that I don't really have much to say about them.

Overall I'd most want to be visited by Gregory, since we'd probably get along very well and be good friends. But I think for the most part, I treat my characters really well, and I never let them go through too much harm. I'm not one to make my characters suffer much, my stories and RPs are usually pretty light-hearted and cozy. Even the adventure ones usually have more happy moments than sad or painful moments. So I think my characters would mostly be ok with me.

I don't think Max would be angry at me for the situations I put him in, just.... sad. He'd also probably gently encourage me to start taking ASL classes again, fret over how my houseplants aren't getting enough sun, and probably try to beg me to rewrite him as a cool untraumatized straight guy who everyone likes.

This would depend on which character, although majority of them would only have a single question and that would be "Why?"

Y'all it does say "the last character you RPed" lol

Pentifer hates me for forcing his past to involve selling his soul to a larger wendigo demon called Crimson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back