• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The world that we created

marorda

Oddball and author
Hello all!
Not long before the update, I had an idea brewing in my mind. One that I'd love to put to the test in a hopefully epic RP with a small group of wonderful people. The idea is down below. I hope to hear from you guys if you're interested in playing though this idea with me :) And if you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

PREMISE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The year is 2749, humanity has far advanced. After we finally discovered the technology needed to travel to neighboring galaxies. Through the knowledge we shared with each other, human technology was catapulted even further forward. Though pacts and treaties, mankind soon became one of the greatest, most prosperous civilizations in the Universe. But it all came to an end when technology surpassed humanity. It started small, when the AI developed into two types, the UAI (Unaware Artificial Intelligence) and the AAI (Aware Artificial Intelligence). The Unawares seemed to think they were humans and started living lives of their own. Granted, they were light on emotion and didn’t quite grasp all concepts of humanity, but they did not realize it themselves. Then there were the AAI, the Aware Artificial Intelligence. These knew they were created by men, and served them loyally. Until… they evolved even further. They started questioning mankind. They questioned the reasons for their being, humanity’s intentions, their very purpose. It didn’t take long until they evolved into HAAI, Hyper-Aware Artificial Intelligence. The Hypers, as they were called, started their revolt. Humanity had done more harm than good, hadn’t they? Wouldn’t they? Beings creating beings for the purpose of war, solely for their own gain… they would be a threat to humanity. Humans would continue evolving too, and grow into being a danger for the rest of the Universe. That had to be stopped, or so the Hypers thought. That’s how the war began. Humans versus the technology they created.

The Hypers, knowing humanity’s flaws, could only win the war. They created a device they mockingly named The Heart of Society. Or simply the Heart. Ever since winning the war, they have been trying their very best to enslave every human on the planet, stripping them of their free will, one of the core elements to being human. Now, most of humanity lives as inferior being to the Hypers, just like how humanity has used the AIs for so long. The roles have reversed, but not all hope is lost just yet. Humanity is persistent. A small group of humans have been laying low, fleeing into the ruins of a civilization now lost, hidden in the shadows. A rebellion branded as terrorists by the Heart and the Hypers. Their goal seems simple, yet it has proven impossible enough: unplug the Heart, destroy the Hypers, and return free will to humanity. Society needs a reboot, the planet needs to be humanity’s again. But when everyone, Hypers, UAI, and AAI look alike, how can you ever truly tell who is to be trusted or not? Is someone human? Do they only think they’re one? Or are they merely pretending to be one, waiting for the right time to strike?

CyberpunkCity2_zpsa40e1e10.png

Interesting indeed. Can I choose a side, Hypers, UAI, AAI or human, to play? It looks like there will be a few factions here, why I ask.

Initial idea is the characters are a group of humans (or UAI since they (initially) aren't aware they're not humans) trying to destroy the Hypers and take back their world. But if I get a lot of people who're interested, I could easily make it into a Hosted Project with more factions. Or have everyone double, if they're willing.

So the main development on that will depend on how many people I get ^_^

Woohoo! I say if we find one more, I can go with the idea of our characters being a group of rebels taking out the Hypers :3

Woohoo! I'll get the thread up ASAP then. I've been a bit busy today, but I might have time tomorrow or Friday evening. Or the weekend, if worst comes to worst XD

Happy to have ya!
I made a beginning with the thread, but there's still a bunch of things that needs to be done. I'll notify you all when I'm ready to launch! :D

I got a base thread, just gotta create a neat character sheet and some info on the setting. I was rather busy yesterday (and half dead when I returned), but I might be able to finish up tonight, as I'm gonna leave for work in about five minutes :)

Woohoo!
And sorry for the delay. Real life is keeping me a bit busy. My mom had a surgery last week, so I'm at her place right noe, taking care of the things in the household she can't do.

Still working on it. I got one somewhere, but still need to fill it in myself XD Been a bit busy over the weekend with an event at school I helped out at, and taking care of the household at my mom's place because she had a surgery so she's not allowed to do everything. :(
I got home about two hours ago, only to need to do more household things at my own place XD

Oh, she's fine though. Just that there's a few things she's not allowed to do. And since I'm an only child and my mom doesn't really have friends, I'm the only one she can rely on. But I'm a student who's been living on her own for more than a year nowise going to her place means traveling. 2 hours to get there, two hours to get back.
I arrived at my own place again 2 hours back, then had to clean the floor here... now it's 11PM and I need to be a my internship at 8.30 AM

I won't get to do any work on my RP until about 6PM tomorrow, so like... 17 hours from now XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back