• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World of Od

Fenri turned round at the sound of a voice, to see a girl not much taller than his sister. "I would, as it happens miss." The girl looked to be around a similar age to him; perhaps a little younger, and had lovely brown hair. He smiled at her, seeing that she was somewhat shy. "My name is Fenri. And you are?"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

"I'm Ali", she replied, "I am also in the front line squadron along with my friend Rectra'an. We were just looking for the rest of the group." She was feeling a little more comfortable around him considering how friendly he appeared to be. She glanced to Rectra'an before looking back to Fenri, "We did not know exactly where we were meant to meet."

Fenri chuckled and said, "No, I don't think anyone knows. Most people just seem to have clustered together, like my sister over there." He pointed to where she was. "I mean no offence by this, but why are you in front line squadron? Gah that sounded so rude. You just don't seem like the fighter type." He scratched his head worriedly, hoping he hadn't offended the girl. She was the first person to speak to him apart from his sister.

Ali smiled as she listened to Fenri speak, that is, until he asked why she was put into the group that she was. At this Ali tilted her head slightly as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. With the words that had been gifted to her she replied, "I am not offended. I am here with Rectra'an. I decided that I would join him on his quest and help him any way that I can." Her smile returned as she waved towards her friend to show who she was speaking about.

Fenri smiled in relief. He hadn't offended her after all. "It'll be nice to have some company here." He paused for a second, watching Ali. Her eyes were really quite blue. Startling in fact. "I'm a fighter, so there wasn't really any other place they could put me." Smiling, he pulled a couple of sandwiches out of his bag. "Want one?" He asked, biting down into his own. The meat in it was tough and juicy. "This one is raw, but I've got some cooked meat, and cheese, and I think we've got some cucumber in here. He rummaged in his bag whilst he spoke, painfully aware that he was rambling. He curses inwardly. Just because a girl came and spoke to him, he was acting like a 12 year old. This was completely out of character for him.

Ali was glad that she wasn't having any difficulty with communicating. This was her first real conversation besides having spoken to Rectra'an. In fact, Fenri seemed a little more nervous than herself. To anyone else he might have been rambling but Ali enjoyed listening to him speak. To her it was just as wonderful to listen as it was to talk. She thanked Fenri as he offered her a sandwich ,though she didn't really know what it was. She had only awoken to life yesterday and had not eaten before. She watched as he took a bite out of his before she got the idea and tried it for herself. She enjoyed the taste but with a few bites she was already full and had to wrap it up for later. When she looked back to him he seemed to be having some type of inner conflict. "Are you okay?", Ali asked showing concern.

He looked up at her. "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry. I guess I'm just worried about my sister..." He tailed off. "Have you got any siblings, Ali?"

She could tell how much he cared about his sister and felt a little bad for bringing such a thing up. "I'm sure she will do great", she tried to reassure him. Then came the question. She looked down fumbling with her hands now. " I don't think I do", she replied hoping he didn't think she was was strange for not knowing such a thing. The truth is she had no family. She had been created by magic and left in the forest awaking to find that she knew nothing of herself or her surroundings.

"She's a little headstrong but hopefully she'll be with some good people." He was slightly reassured, but then he twigged on to what she had said. "You don't think you do? Single family or something?" He paused, watching her again. Her face looked clouded and deep in thought. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want." He smiled.

She was glad she was able to lessen his worry. Ali snapped out of the daze she was in and looked at Fenri. "I would tell you if I knew. It's just...", it was becoming difficult for her to find the words. She didn't really know anything about herself. She decided that this conversation was for a different time. The expression on her face lightened," I'll tell you about it later if you still wish to know." She smiled at the fact that he wasn't pushing her for answers.

"Fair enough." He smiled sympathetically. "I sorta know what that's like. My parents died when we were young." He shook his head and changed the topic, whilst he dug out another sandwich. "So how do you know Rectra-an?" He stumbled a little bit over the pronunciation and red coloured his cheeks. "Ah, sorry, I'm not that good with my words."

When she heard about his parents she felt sorry for him. At least she never had any to lose to begin with. Before anything could be said he changed the subject. Ali stifled a giggle at the way Fenri said her much older friend's name and how embarrassed he seemed because of it. "It is okay." She took a moment before speaking," He found me wandering the roads next to the forests near Broan. Seeing how lost I was he decided to help me. I didn't know what anything around me was nor who I was. I didn't even know how to speak properly. He taught me many things including how to communicate."

"Well in that case he has taught you well. However, has he taught you how to fight? If you're going to be on the front line you need to know what you're doing and you need to be confident about it, otherwise you probably won't live for very long." He watched for her reaction. Part of this was a test, but another part of him genuinely cared. She was young, and sweet as well. He didn't want to see her get hurt.

"He has not but if I must fight I will learn to", she stated simply. A sort of strong decisiveness was behind her words showing that she meant what she was saying. She looked him in the eyes before speaking again," Not that I doubt your skill in such, but you did not seem so confident when you were walking over here."

"Yeah I know. Worry, I guess. I am a fighter though. I've had to train myself over the years and I like to think that, when I'm in the zone, I'm quite good at it. I could train you if you wish. I can see you've got the fire enough for it." She may have been small, but he could see that she wasn't frail, and she was easily determined enough. He wondered what Rectra-an had done for this girl that made her so determined and loyal. Then again, wandering around not knowing anything must have been pretty scary. She must have felt intensely grateful towards him. He smiled. With that driving her she wouldn't need much help.

Ali glanced off in a moment of brief thought. If he trained her she would actually be able to help. She turned her attention back to Fenri. "That would be very nice of you", she replied. She only hoped she wouldn't be too much of a bother. She didn't want to be a burden to anyone. She watched as a butterfly flew by finding the creature to be interesting just as she does the first time she sees anything.

Fenri watched her watching the butterfly. "It's a monarch butterfly. He said helpfully. Clearly curious, he could tell she would make a brilliant student. He delved into his bag again, this time pulling out his bow and quiver, and a long piece of wood. It was supposed to be a staff but Fenri used it for other things as well. The pole vault was quite fun. There was weapons scattered around the outskirts of the arena, varying in type and size. Due to her height he would have to find the smaller ones for her. He handed her the bow and quiver to look at first though. "This is a bow. You fit an arrow to it," with that he pulled out one of his green arrows and nocked it to demonstrate. "And pull back and let go to let it loose. A great long ranged weapon, but a bit big for you." He stopped to check that she was following. He figured it would be hard for her to take in so much new information in not a lot of time.

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali watched as it fluttered away. When she turned back to Fenri he was looking through his bag. He was looking for a weapon that suited her when he pulled out what appeared to be a bow making Ali wonder how he could fit so much stuff in that bag of his. She watched carefully as he told her about the bow and how it is used. She was very absorbed in what he was saying and showing her and payed close attention to his demonstration.

Fenri smiled at her. It'd be quite nice to have a good student instead of the occasional traveller that came in to the inn. "Do you feel more comfortable with ranged fighting or close up?" He asked.

She thought about what he was asking her before answering. She would much rather have a little distance between her and the enemy so she would have more time to respond. "Ranged", she decided.

He nodded approvingly. She'd be a little bit away from the battle then. "You'd be best with something like I've got then, bows and arrows." He led her over to where the archery range was in the arena. 3 targets stood at the end of a sandy rectangle, opposite to where Ali and Fenri were. He picked out a small bow for her and took his own. He took an arrow and nocked it like before, letting her see the pose, before letting it fly. The arrow stuck in the centre, quivering. Not a bullseye but pretty close. He grinned happily. "There's also throwing knives but they're a little bit more close up. You'll have a dagger anyway in case you have to fight close range, so it's up to you which you'd prefer."

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali watched carefully as Fenri released the arrow and it made contact with the target. She was pretty sure that one was supposed to aim for the dot in the middle of the target. Considering that she thought it was a good shot and so she did a little celebratory clap. When asked which she would prefer if choosing between a bow or throwing knives one thought came to mind. Accuracy. She was sure that she would mess up somehow and hit one of their own fighters. She wasn't having any of that. "Um, I think the bow would be fine", she replied shyly.

"Alrighty then. Watch my stance." He put another arrow in his bow and stood with his feet at a right angle to the target. He brought the arm holding the bow up and said "Hold this arm with a slight crook away from your body otherwise when the strung twangs," he paused here to demonstrate, "it'll hit the inside of your elbow, and trust me, you do not want that. Here, have a go yourself. You won't learn much just listening to me whittering on."

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali stepped up to try for herself. She was a little nervous and took glances around the area to make sure there was no one she could accidentally hit. Once she saw that there wasn't anyone in the way she attempted to get the stance right. Ali was particularly cautious about the whole arm thing since she was pretty sure she didn't want to figure out what that felt like. When she thought she had all that figured out she pulled back and aimed. Her arm was shaking and so she held her breath a moment to steady herself. When Ali let go she heard a thunk as it hit the target. She used her now free hand to cover her eyes, "Oh no. Who did I kill?", she asked not yet registering that it hit the target. You couldn't imagine the relief when she opened her eyes. The arrow had hit on the edge of the target but it was a hit all the same to Ali. She thought it would have missed completely and hit the dirt or some poor person passing by.

"Well done!" He clapped. "You've got talent. Your stance was good, but you're a bit shaky. As long as there is no one near where you shoot you'll be fine. Hold up the arm not holding the bow straight, and before you shoot, instead of breathing in, let out a breath and do it in the moment between taking another one. It will steady you more than holding your breath will." He smiled again. "Good shot though. Are you sure this is your first time doing this?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back