• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World of Od

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.

Welcome to the World of Od!

{There is a lot of extra information in the "Maps" Tab, so remember to check that out if you're interested!}

There are many adventures in this world, from saving a fair Dragon from a foul Maiden (Long story there) to The Tale of the Thursday Wizard (Longer story here). This is a magic world where almost anything can happen. The only piece missing is you, reader, player, friend.

There is no set storyline that this must follow, more of a roleplay experience. Players must have an open mind to an ever changing plot, but then, it's rather like reality in that respect. Any number or variety of characters can be played, from a Slayer of Dragons, to the Dragon him/her-self, From a simple Woodcutter to The King of the Hills, this story has room for many colourful characters with stories of their own. Feel free to discover and create kingdoms, cities, species, landscapes, whatever you want to bring to the World of Od. Because, after all, we are all Od in our own way.

So join this magical world, start your own story, and enter the World of Od. Just watch out for the Warlock's laundry (it bites).

MINOR UPDATES:

• Gonna try an experiment with an idea I call the NPC bank, where players can create just a ton of NPCs to fill space in-game. and then "adopt them out" to anyone who feels like playing them. Leave comments dscussing this on the OOC, I want to see how you guys think it would work, and whether it's a good idea or not.

--

All locations are set on the world known as Od, which is comprised of almost infinitely stacking countries and cities. Meaning, when more cities are discovered, all of their neighbors tend to scoot over to make room, so there is always space aplenty in Od.

There are no known maps of Od, mostly because the Mapmaker's Guild is on strike after the fall of public demand for tourism pamphlets. So, players will just have to imagine it however they wish in their own minds. Anyone wishing to contribute their own maps may do so by messaging the author with the map attached, full credit will be given, of course.

Important/Unclassified Locations:

• In the far south of Od, there is a range of enormous mountains, some spanning miles high and hundreds more wide. There have been rumours of unrest and terrors coming from the southern cities. Tales tell of a malicious evil that is wandering up from the depths of the mountains roots.

Known Countries:

As of yet, there are few fully established nations in Od, or they have not yet been given a proper description or mention, and are therefore not included in this list.

• So far, the largest established Nation in the land of Od.

Capito Cityl: Broan.

Known established cities: Kingsdale, Broan, Motley.

• A large, scholarly city, it is known for its schools, both mundane and magical.

~~~~~Known Amenities~~~~~

-Wizard's Tower University of Kingsdale.

-The Green Dragon Inn and Pub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruythan looked down towards the magmatic block of amber before him. He has been standing here in front of his anvil for hours, trying to figure out why he even tries to melt it. All members of the guild know that amber is almost impossible to melt and is not malleable but yet, he still decided to try. He stared with unblinking, dusty eyes as the blob of orange amber slowly stretched itself out onto the anvil. Ruythan sighed and cut out long strips of molten hot amber from the lump, just enough to fit into the moulds used to make weapons and tools. Dwarves were rushing around with their molten metals; iron, silver, copper and even gold, but yet noone apart from Ruythan and the amberforgers knew how to make the beautiful translucent armour that kept the city floating in money. He had sent out letters to all of the town criers in the continent so they could tell of his story. Every night he checks his mailbox, waiting for some kind soul somewhere to hear of his story, and help him find adventure.

Author Note: Since this is a rather large undertaking to start with, in addition to my character(s), I'll also be controlling many of the environmental features and nameless NPCs as they are needed. If a message is not my character directly, I will put it in a Spoiler with the name of the person who is saying or acting it, or just "Environ" for general environmental descriptions, etc. This is my first real organized RP, so bear with me if I take a little to keep up with everyone xD End Note

(I guess I should post now.)

Boring. One word could describe Furattā's day so far pretty accuratly. She was bored. She looked at the bunny toy in her arms, and frowned. "Be quiet. That idea is terrible," the girl scolded the stuffed animal. Where did it get that idea from? Jumping off a tree into a small pond didn't sound like a good idea. It sounded like a fatal one. Sometimes she felt that it wanted her to die. Stupid bunny.

Furattā huffed a little bit, and started going through her mental files on what she could possibly do. Swimming? She did that everyday, she needed somethung different. Hang out with some of the animals? No offense, but they could be boring. Go into town? At that thought, a string of warnings, mixed with some minor threats, that were not her own thoughts began ringing in her mind. The girl looked at the toy in her arms.

"What are you going to do if I do?" Furattā asked mischieviously. "You can't even move your arms and legs," she said. When she blinked, the expression on the bunny toy's face turned into a deep frown. Almost a glare. Furattā just smiled, and made up her mind that she was going into town no matter what it said. With that, the small girl began walking towards where she knew the town was. More warning about how dangerous it was to go there popped up, but she ignored them. They soon stopped, seeing as it was not working. Stubborn girl.

A letter, written in fine blue ink:

TO: The Most Honoured Ruythan, Reknowned Amber Smith,

I had heard of your skill in crafting the fine metal of Amber, and that you had turned a career of simple smithcraft into a high art form. I would be most honoured if you would allow me to visit your workshop and observe the meticulous process by which you transform such a humble ore into a masterpiece of craftsmanship. You may find my return address on the reverse of this letter, simply write your reply on a separate piece of paper, place it in this envelope, hold your right forefinger onto the stamp, and tell it: "Send", by which it shall be sent directly to me by this knew magic that has been discovered. some sort of Web, as I hear of it. But, I digress. I am impatient as always for your response, and may your hammer stay blunt and your wit sharp.

Highest Regards,

Harper, The Wandering Mage

With the letter written, Harper followed the process of sending the mail and watched it soar off into the sky after uttering a small, pinging sound. "This new Web is a rather handy magic, I must say. Now, off to continue my research from yesterday." He had been studying the neighboring forest for several weeks now, fascinated by the plant and animal life he had discovered there, analysing their magical natures and recording them in his ever-present note scroll. This was also enchanted, he had found, to be compatible with this 'Web' magic, as he could write as much as hr wished and then transfer it to any number of other books, scroll and letters he wished.

His task for today, as was his Thursday habit, was the research of local myths. He had done research the past 2 weeks on a local legend, asking around the streets and taverns, but had found no real conclusive evidence. Still, he rarely believed what he had not seen with his own eyes. He set off for the forest himself today, to search for the mysterious "Bunny Girl."

"You'll be killed by the monsters! They'll tear you apart till you are like dust!" the voice started up again. "Turn back now this instant!" it continued' sounding pretty frustrated with the girl carrying it.

"Shut up!" Furattā told it, raising her voice a little bit. "I am more than capable to take care of myself, so just be quiet!" She said. The voice wemt silent once again. "I wish I could just abandon you..." Furattā mumbled.

"But you can't, can you?" the voice sneered in her head. Furattā shot the toy a glare. Unfortunatly, the thing was right. She couldn't. And plus, not matter how much it annoyed her, the bunny plush was practically the only thing she could talk to and get a response from. If she just dropped it off somewhere, she would never have a real conversating ever again, and that didn't sound too great.

Furattā sighed and continued walking towards the town. Although, now she was wondering if she should listen to her "guardian". Maybe it really wasn't safe. She shook her head. She wasn't going to let the bunny win this fight. The toy was still frowning deeply.

The faint swishing of the red ribbon resounded near her ear, only audible to the young dancer, a faint smile on her lips. She knew she had their attention, red always stood out in these towns where colors of brown, grey and black dominated more then anything else. This was always how she drew them in, and she'd already collected a few coins from a few of the men that made up the crowd before her. Of course, she was never much of a favorite among village women, but she was used to it. They had their way of earning money, and this was her way, the best way she knew how. Her wrists flicked as she pulled the ribbons this way and that about her, swaying to and fro to the music she played in her head. Sometimes if she was lucky, there'd be a singer or an instrument player whom would accompany her, and it'd be easier to dance to a beat that everyone could hear. With light, precise steps, she moved closer to the crowd, a spark of mischief in her eyes, as some of her viewers took a wary step back. But just as she seemed about to run into them, she bounded away rather quickly, and resumed twisting and twirling herself this way and that. Sunlight momentarily catching in her silver hoop earrings as she moved, seeming to cause a temporary spark, yet it was only a trick of the light.

Out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of the familiar glint of coins, and a smirk flashed upon her lips. Twisting back towards the direction of the coins, she dipped low to the ground and swiped up the coins before they even had a chance to hit the ground. Whether it was real or fake money, she'd have to check later, but she took whatever she was given. The sun above was beginning to warm her skin, and it only seemed to give her more energy as she moved. Each step becoming quicker, the ribbons seeming to spin about her faster and tighter, yet her movements remaining fluid as always. Messing up was simply not an option, as she always lost a crowd rather quickly, and in her line of work, every coin earned was precious.

Passing through the town center towards the outskirts, Harper sees a small crowd gathering. Being naturally curious, he heads toward the commotion to see what is going on. Apparently, there is a young lady dancing with ribbons, drawing the attention of some men and the scorn of some women. But, Harper thought to himself, you have to make ends meet somehow. For some, you never know where your next meal is coming from. He felt some compassion for the girl, reaching into his pockets for a few coins, but then he had an inspirational idea. He motioned to her that he would like a word for her when it was convenient, then pointed towards a nearby table at a cafe, to which he went to go sit down, ordering a strong cup of rosemary tea.

His research would wait a while, it wasn't going to go anywhere... he hoped.

Furattā stopped at the edge of the forest. The town was just up ahead. She could hear chattering and occasional shouts from people calling to each-other. Her feet slowly began moving again, out of the shelter of the trees and to the village. Her guardian stayed quiet, knowing it's words could do nothing to stop the girl.

As Furattā came closer to the town, and eventually stepped foot on the streets, she was hit with a variety of new smells and sights. Some of the smells were a bit too overwhelming to her, mostly the ones coming from a cart filled with what seemed to be wax with something sticking out of it being burned. Weird, but interesting. Furattā began to almost scurry around the place, trying to get her fill of everything. A few people gave her strange looks, but the girl did not notice them.

Sitting at the table, observing the surroundings, Harper couldn't help but notice a small girl, darting in and among the crowd, obviously in awe of the city. He almost paid it no mind until he noticed that she was carrying an unusual stuffed rabbit. It was unusual because it gave off a distinct magical aura, something that most household playthings certainly did not do. Is that what I'm searching for?, he asked himself. Without waiting for a non-existent answer, he quickly pulled out his pen, jotted a quick note onto the nearest blank surface (the tablecloth), and then shot up from his chair to follow the girl through and amongst the crowds.

She was twirling and dipping low, rising up gradually and moved about the small crowd, focusing on her movements. But she caught sight of a young man all the same, and her gaze followed him for a moment or two. Curiosity flickered in her thoughts for a few seconds, wondering what he may want. His strange garb suggested he was certainly not from around here, so she assumed he was a traveler as well. Her thoughts then focused back to her dancing, if she let herself think too long of anything but her movements, she'd no doubt end up tripping over her ribbons. Kiran moved quick enough to create a small breeze about her, and she decided to end it with a twirl, fast enough so that the ribbons seemed to wrap and nearly cover her from head to toe. Then she paused, giving the crowd a smile and bowing as the ribbons stayed firmly in her grasp and rested in a puddle of cloth around her feet.

A few clapped, and she received a few more coins, which she promptly tucked away with the rest into a fold of her clothing. As the crowd began to dissipate about her, she wrapped up and tucked away the ribbons, and then made her way over to the table where the man had been only moments before. It didn't bother her that he'd left, and she decided he was certainly a strange person. Besides, she needed a break anyway, and had to gather her thoughts, she'd be leaving again soon. Perhaps tomorrow, since people paid less and less when it was the same dancer they saw every day.

Furattā did not notice that she was being followed, paying more attention to everything else than that one kind of important thing. She smelled something much more pleasant than the waxy sticks and sort of ran in that direction. She came open a building with what looked like food. Some had fruits on them. Furattā tilted her head to one side, wondering what they were. Having no reading abilities, she was not able to read the sign, which said "Bakery".

Even though she was still curious about the delicious-smelling stuff, she wandered away from the building. There were more interesting things to see than that.

Harper saw the girl pass the bakery, looking longingly at the sweets and breads, then move on. Perhaps she's lost and hungry, he thought. He grabbed a few pastries from the stand which he wrapped up in his kerchief in exchange for a few coins. He moved through the crowd with the grace and speed of experience, Never thought that having to race through town with a squad of guards or pack of monsters on my tail would help in my day to day life so much. He was now only a few feet behind the girl, reaching out his hand to tap her shoulder, but hesitated, wondering, What if she is really just a normal child? What if she isn't who I'm looking for, just a citizen, out for a walk with her beloved stuffed toy?

He hated to intrude on anyone he had no business with, and this thought seemed to paralyze him for a moment. He stood helpless to move until the girl had moved on to the next sight to see. He had been inches from finding out whether she was who he thought she was. Darn, now I have to find her again, he muttered to himself, I hope I didn't leave that poor dancer girl waiting for too long. Torn between going back to his table and following the mysterious girl, he stood in the street with a hopelessly lost expression on his face.

Her fingers tapped lightly and rhythmically along the table, which was smooth and worn from being used so much. But she could feel it going soft in some places, and she wondered how much longer it would be able to stand on it's own before it needed repair. Dark grey eyes began surveying her surroundings more closely, observing the villagers here and there that all had some place to be. None seemed particularly rich to her, and rather were part of the working class. While in comparison, she knew she was somewhere between working class and lower. Not that it mattered much, she was taking care of herself well enough for a gypsy and she was satisfied. Almost out of sight, she spotted the man whom wanted her at this table in the first place. Kiran watched him for a moment, and came to the conclusion that he was uncertain and faltering over something, if she were to judge by his stance from behind. For a moment she considered her options, and after deciding it wouldn't hurt anything, she made her way over to him. Slipping and moving between and around people, she slipped through the openings between the people and chose the most open paths. When she reached his side, her gaze flicked up to his and noted where he looked, noting a young woman holding a stuffed rabbit. "Are you supposed to be looking after her?" Kiran asked him, thinking that perhaps the female holding the rabbit was somehow a person he needed to be watching and taking care of. Yet maybe she had escaped him and he was now trying to track her down. Of course, this was just all guess work and she couldn't truly imagine what the situation really was.

As Furattā's interest in the town sort of dwindled, she noticed something. It was crowded. Very crowded. It was uncomfortable. A little whimper escaped from her mouth. She felt suffocated from all the people. She had not realized that it was going to be like that.

"Not so great being in town, is it?" the voice returned, cackling. That's when Furattā sort of lost it. "BE QUIET! JUST SHUT UP FOR ONCE!" she suddenly shouted at the toy in complete anger. She was so mad at the toy that she didn't notice people stop and stare at her. It was a rather strange sight. A girl with only one showing strange eye that actually appeared to glow faintly, yelling at what seemed to be just a creepy-looking toy.

He jumped at the sound of the voice behind him, not expecting anyone to speak to him at all. "Oh, um, me? Actually it's a bit more..." He turned around as he said this but stopped as he saw who was speaking to him. "Ah, it's you. That was a lovely performance, I must say. The bit with the ribbons was rather fascinating." When talking with someone he did not know, Harper switched to a rather formal and scientific way of speaking. "The rhythm was impeccable, you could keep a beat that no one else could hear, yet I could have sworn there was a drumbeat in the background. Was it perhaps magic, or something of that nature? If it was, I have a few..." He interrupted himself by suddenly remembering what he had been doing a moment ago. He turned around, standing up straight on his toes, peering into the crowd almost frantically, "You haven't, by any chance, see a young girl toting a rabbit around, have you?" As he said this, his hand gestured behind him as to her general height, without looking away from the crowd. Maybe, he thought, if I can get this young lady to distract the rabbit girl, I can have the chance to introduce myself without making it awkward. He turned back to the dancer, realizing he had stopped in mid-sentence. "Forgive me, I appear to have lost my mind again today. I.." He was once again interrupted by the sound of a young girl, sounded like she was yelling at something at top of her lungs. "JUST SHUT UP!" he heard, and turned in the direction of the noise quickly. "Excuse me a moment!" he yelled to the dancer from a few feet away, as he had already started running towards the sound of the screaming.

Furattā threw the toy on the ground. She ignored the pang of pain that went through her body as the toy hit the ground. "You're not good for anything! All you do is nag me and get me into trouble! I hate you!" she yelled at it, meaning every word of what she said. She began taking deep breaths to calm herself down, closing her eye and pulling at her pigtails. When she opened her eye, she saw a crowd of people staring at her in shock. Who was this girl, and why was she yelling at a stuffed animal? Furattā hugged herself tightly and stared back at the people watching her. The girl's breath became quicker as panic began to settle into her. She complete forgot about her ability. Even is she was calm enough to remember she could easily slip away with it, she would have realized that doing that might scare some people. The bunny toy laid frowning on the ground. It's expression looked a bit shocked actually.

Harper saw a group of eager and curious begin to amass around the girl. He ran up to where the middle of the mob was standing, and began to shoo the people away. "Give her some space, she probably doesn't like crowds!" He knelt in front of her, reaching out his hands to put them on her shoulders. "Are you alright? Did anyone hurt you?" He quickly began to study her out of habit and necessity, she was simply clothed, one eye showing from beneath her hair, the other had what appeared to be a tattoo or something around it, she appeared in healthy enough condition. The only thing missing was her toy. Harper looked around and saw it lying on the dirt, he reached out and gently lifted it up towards her, saying "Here you are. Did someone try to take your bunny? Here he is, look how happy he is that he's not lost." Harper waved the rabbit back and forth childishly, as if it was walking on air towards her from his hands, a simplistic grin on his face that left his eyes shut.

The compliment was unexpected, but it pleased her nonetheless. In fact, it boosted her self esteem as well, she never really got compliments on her dancing abilities very often. Unless of course, getting paid in coins was a form and way of being complimented. But she stiffened just slightly at the suggestion of magic. While she supposed it was a definite compliment to how good he thought she was, the mention of magic was not something she liked on it's own. For a minute or two, she considered her situation, watching the young man head towards the other young woman. Whom, at this point, seemed to potentially be either slightly unstable, or...well, that stuffed rabbit did give her an odd feeling. A bad sort of feeling that she did not altogether like. As for the young man, she'd assumed that perhaps he was some sort of scholar. But with his talk of magic, there was a possibility he was a wizard of some sort. Instinct started kicking in, the potential idea of being around anything magically, and she took a few steps back. Dealing with magic always ended badly as far as she was aware, and she'd have nothing to do with it if she could help it. Perhaps they were nice people, but she couldn't bring herself to come into contact with magic of any form. Turning around, she headed off and walked in the opposite direction.

With a large back pack type sack filled with tools and precious metals, and his friend Yopi on his shoulder, Caym made his way along the path on his annual town visit. This was when he closed up shop for a few weeks and tried to make his way from town to town hopefully making a little more than his usual at home. He's done this for thousands of years and yet every trail he went on seemed different every time. He stumbled upon one village that hustling and bustling with people. He smiled finally a little rest, the first thought that usually went through his head when seeing a new town.

The butterfly over her eye fluttered a little bit. It was real. Her other eye watched the man. She was still om the verge of hyperventillating. As the man spoke, her one eye suddenly glared at him. She brought a hand up and smacked the toy to the ground, wincing a little as she did. "That thing is the problem!" she told him. "And stop talking to me like I'm a child! I am not a child!" she said. Her hands clenched into tiny fists, becoming more and more frustrated with the situation she was currently in. And how the man was speaking to her was just making it much worse. Furattā knew she didn't exactly look her age, and did not appreciate it being pointed out. Her bunny did that to her constantly.

Caym went to a local ally way and set his bag down beside one of the buildings at the entrance. He took out his tools and avil setting them up. Yopi crawled down from his arm and scurried along the road to explore, giving a few screams as he passed. Caym rolled his eyes and got out a protection charm which he bought in the town over. He placed it on the anvil to protect his area while he went to go get a drink.

Harper was not expecting this response. His hand winced a tiny bit where she had smacked him, but his heart winced even more. He had been kind, he had thought, and been met with a shout and a blow, both to his body and his spirit. "My apologies, Miss. I had thought that you were a child in need of help," he stood up as he said this, "Apparently, you are capable of taking care of yourself. I'm sorry to have disturbed you." He reached into his pocket, slowly pulled out his kerchief full of pastries that he had bought, set it on the ground. Then turned calmly and walked away, slowly, deliberately. He reached the place where he had left the dancer, only to find that she had gone. "Magnificent!" he half-muttered half-shouted to himself. What a pity, he thought, I was only planning on having a decent conversation, for once. She danced wonderfully, but the lack of music made it difficult to follow. I was going to ask if she wanted me to enchant her little ribbons so they would sing and play as she spun them around and around and... I'm letting myself get carried away with this. She was just some traveling gypsy dancer, there are hundreds all across the country. But still, her magic was one I hadn't seen but very rarely. I doubt she even knows she has it. Well Fate, he looked up at the sky, where do you take me now? He turned back towards the table in front of the bar, the one he had been sitting at only twenty or so minutes before, sat down, and ordered another cup of tea.

A part of her felt bad for just leaving the young man who had gone to help the girl with the bunny. He seemed like a kind soul, and perhaps a little scatter brained, but certainly kind. But she just couldn't deal with magic, it simply frightened her no matter what form it took. A small sigh escaped her lips and she pushed these thoughts aside, there was nothing left to be done about it now. She'd made up her mind already on the matter...yet guilt still clung to a small part of her mind. To her surprise, she saw a small albino ferret run along the ground, and she saw it as rather cute. A part of her wanted to try and interact with it, but she knew those animals had a harsh bite, so she merely watched it. It was rare to see such creatures, and she wondered if it possibly belonged to someone around here. Yet none of the villagers looked as if they might own such a creature, judging by their appearances.

Caym walked into the bar, a hand sitting in his pocket jumbling about the money he had with him. He sat down at a stool and threw some of those coins on the counter "some kind of grog please, whatever y have." He nodded at the bartender and rubbed one hand on his shoulder, carrying an anvil around wasn't easy, especially for demon. He wasn't much concerned about Yopi, he always returned. He looked to his side to see if he could recognize anyone there, also to see if he has been to this village before. While all that was going on Yopi smelled a familiar wiff of gold. The kind of gold that was used in the common currency. He followed the smell and looked up at a girl, the source of the gold. He scurried towards her and climbed up her skirt into her pocket grabbing one of the coins in his mouth and retreating to find Caym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back