• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World of Od

ANDREA GENIS, BROAN OUTSKIRTS.

She rose from here apologetic bow in time to see the rest of the forest lit up with a blue glow. This man must really love his blues, perhaps he is a sad man or a serene one maybe he is just a calm soul. Either way, what he was did not concern her in the slightest, what he could do was what concerned her. At least it was a beautiful sight to behold.

She kept silent as he began droning on about how one could harness magic. She couldnt exactly understand what he was saying but made no mention of it either. It was either all mages were this vague or he was just too vague. Still she owed him to at least try out his instruction.

Andrea emptied herself, trying to be as calm as she could. It was basic meditation. Her focus was trying to find that "fuzziness" he was talking about yet she found none. Everything was clear and nothing was even remotely obscure.

"I can't seem to find this...fuzziness you are talking about, teacher. Am I doing something wrong?"

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

~Saruka, outside the Gold Bar, Broan~

The world seemed to spin around her drunken head, she staggered out the door, muttering a few choice words against 'those frilly elves and their enchanted liquor'. She used her staff as a crutch, holding herself up as she hobbled down the street to get to the colosseum. Her ears tingled as she could have swore that she heard her name being called. She turned as quickly as she could towards the voice, but fell over in a dizzy mess of legs, tail and staff. She picked up her head and looked around, then saw what she thought was a familiar face. It looked like and sounded like and, "Kit! Oh, I totally forgot that we..." She jumped up and began to run towards her friend, tripping and stumbling, but able to keep herself up this time. "Well, now I've found you. What do you think of this place?!" She gestured at the crowds, the large buildings, the stalls selling anything and everything, "This place is huge!" She leaned on her friends' shoulders, then saw someone else she knew with her. "Ah! The Tail-thief, how are you? So Kit dragged you along on another one of her grand journeys, did she?" Saruka gave her a smile and a thumbs-up. "Now that we're all here, are you both going to the arena?" She pointed at the colosseum across town with the end of her staff.

~Rectra'an, Outside of Broan~

The massive tree stopped outside of the great city gates, watching as the crowd of men-folk filtered in and out of the city. It was too crowded to make his way through the streets at this time of day, so he chose to wait. He walked away from the gate for a few meters, then stopped and stood up straight, careful not to disturb the sleeping Ali. He dug his roots into the ground and set to replenishing himself, waiting until Ali awoke to brave the city itself.

~(NPC), Broan Arena~

The man stepped forward in the seating section, viewing the array of fighters, cutthroats and hunters in the arena below. They were a ragtag lot, from all corners of the country and society. But, they would be the heroes of this war, the might of the Royal Army alone would not be enough to vanquish this threat.

(This is our first real Npc, meaning that after he has fulfilled his story-plot role, he will go up for "adoption", meaning any player can control them if they need an Npc , or they can claim him as their own if they want to write up a full char sheet for them.)

(This is probably gonna be my only update today)

Fenri - Grand Arena

Laika - Grand Arena

Both of the elves arrived around the same time in the Grand Arena. The place itself was huge, and there were people milling about everywhere, training or talking or strategising. Laika couldn't see Fenri when she first arrived, but seeing how they were both wolves, it was slightly difficult to miss each other. Laika padded to a secluded corner of the Arena and hoped that he would follow. She shifted and motioned for him to do the same.

"I knew you'd come here." She said, accusingly.

"Well yeah, I'm not going to let my sister go off on an adventure on her own."

"No I mean HERE here. I only came here to find you because you weren't at the inn when I got back. I assume you thought that I'd have just run off on my own." She crossed her arms and glared at him, but coming from a 5 foot tall elf, it was hard to take her seriously.

"I suppose I did. I'm sorry, ok?"

She simply continued to glare at him.

"Look, running off on your own is exactly the reckless kind of thing you'd do. Remember when you got caught in that thunder storm that time when we were little, all because you got stroppy and stormed off? I suppose I should have waited for you at the inn for a bit, and then gone." Laika opened her mouth to say something but at that moment, a soldier walked up to them.

"Have you been assigned places yet?" They both shook their head and Fenri looked at Laika.

"We're here now, so I suppose we might as well go on this quest." She looked at him surprised.

"Really?" He nodded, somewhat reluctantly. She grinned widely and said to the soldier,

"We're both shapeshifters, but he's better as a fighter and a healer, and I'm better at spying." Fenri smiled at her gratefully. He didn't want to have to shift all the time, and he was actually better at fighting. The soldier nodded.

"Fighters are over there, and spies and scouts are over there. You'll have to train separately, but I can try and make sure that you're put on the same team when we leave." They both nodded and headed over to their respective areas.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

~Xerno, Forest Outside Broan~

"Hmm...I see..." He walked around her, staff making a thunking sound. "Try focusing on the orbs itself, make it come to you, breathe it in, feel it." Xerno slowly made her feel his magic to invigorate her. It seemed to be working as the orbs slowly drifted to her. Gently bobbing up and down all the way.

ANDREA GENIS, BROAN OUTSKIRTS.

Perhaps it was an attempt in futility after all. She wasn't as skilled as her brother, try as she might. She wasn't as intuitive or as intelligent as he was, either. Maybe she would be better suited to a more physical discipline and master that. Of course, doing that would mean abandoning her goal to be better than him. He was a talented spellsword after all. It had only been the first hour so she may not have fully grasped the concept yet.

Her mentor began circling her as she tried to channel the magic in her surroundings. At least it sounded like it, her eyes were closed to allow her to focus more. Her wandering mind and eyes were easily distracted so closing her eyes naturally allowed her an undisturbed train of thought.

Then her mentor had suggested she focus on the orbs themselves. So she drew a mental image of the orbs and imagined them floating lazily toward her. Around the same time she felt herself becoming invigorated, not unlike the time she slew the rat prior to arriving to Broan. However, this feeling was slightly different. She opened her eyes to see herself face to face with a blue orb, well face to orb.

She said nothing but simply smiled in amazement, letting the blue glow wash over her. This was a priceless experience.

• Name: Andrea Genis

Main Class: Mage Apprentice lv.1

Sub Class: Daydreamer Lv.1

Gold: -1500

Last edited by a moderator:
~ Kitaru, Broan~

Kits ears twitched when she heard her name called and she saw Saruka stumble over. "Saruka!" She grinned supporting her friend as she was leaned on. he scrunched her nose able to smell the alcohol on her breath. "Ah Saru I believe you over did it on the ale again! How can you expect to go to an arena in the state that your in?" The fox scolded lightly.

Akieta laughed, "how about a proposition, I won't steal your tail, if you don't steal mine" she smiled and nodded getting a good wiff of the ale herself "whoa! No offense but you smell worse than the sailors that come to Canterbury" she smirked putting her scarf over her mouth.

~Ali, Outside of Broan~

Ali mumbled nonsense as she rolled over and propped herself up on her elbows. She had awoken to the beautiful shining light of the sun and the sound of a rustling crowd. She noticed that they were at the gate of a city. 'So this is the city of Broan' she thought. Immediately she noticed that there were large amounts of people and this alone made her slightly uncomfortable. She would definitely feel better about the crowd knowing that Rectra'an was there with her. Speaking of which, she had taken notice that her friend had not spoken a word since she woke. Ali took it upon herself to look over the edge of his head to see what he was up to. 'This must be how he sleeps' she thought to herself. She wished not to disturb him and so she lied out enjoying the warm rays of the sun while she waited for him to wake.

~Saruka, Broan~

She smiled drunkily at her two friends. She knew she probably smelled bad, but she didn't exactly have the mindset to think about it, the only pressing though on her mind was the arena. "Lessssh go!" she cried out, throwing her arms around their shoulders, welcoming the support to hold herself up. "We gotta go. The arena is awaits! No time for slowpokes!" She suddenly let go of her friends, lurched forward at a quick sprint on all four legs, and then stopped abruptly as she face planted into the dusty street. "Owwch," she moaned, suddenly lacking the strength to even pick her head up. Her tail waving in the air, her face reverently kissing the dirt, she just looked like a ridiculous and slightly tipsy mess.

~Rectra'an, Outside Broan Gate~

Waking from his stupor when he felt Ali begin to stir, he slowly and creakily uprooted himself. "Did you rest well, Ali?" he said in a drowsy voice, his consciousness just coming back to light. Like many trees, he did not necessarily so much sleep as he did hibernate. He did not need nightly rest, as long as he could get rooted into the soil, but he would sometimes rest for several months at a time if he needed to replenish an entirely lost store of nutrients. "Now we enter the city, Ali-sprout, and you must be my eyes. Man-forests are much different from the Wose-wood I come from, the trees and birds do not tell me where I am in this stone forest, and I cannot see very well with just my mind here. Too many consciousnesses to sort through." He sent out a wave of his consciousness as a test, picking up many humans on the other side of the wall, several smaller creatures, a dog, a few rats, even one horse. But they were busy navigating the streets themselves, he doubted they would have time to let him read their minds to 'see' what they saw. "When we meet Azelik inside, she may be able to assist as well. Come, Ali, are you ready?"

~Broan~

Akieta covered her mouth with one of her hands and stifled a laugh. She calmed herself down and ran over helping saruka up to her feet and letting her lean on her. "Do you have a room or something? I think you need a little time to rest before you go anywhere, the arena isn't moving" she smirked

~Ali, Outside Broan Gate~

Ali was happy to hear Rectra'an's voice again and her excitment deffinatley showed it. She was thinking about what they would do today in Broan when she was asked a question. He had wanted to know if she rested well. "Yes. Very.", she replied sweetly, "Did you?" When he told her that she would have to help him navigate through Broan she was hit with realization. She had forgotten that he had no actual eyes. Of course she would do whatever she could to help him. Ali also wished to know this other person he spoke of. She had heard the name a time or two but did not question it despite her curious nature. Surely she would know soon. Rectra'an had asked her if she was ready and even though she was, she couldn't help but feel a little nervous. "Yes", she answered, hoping that she was as prepared as she said she was.

Lizzy was walking down a road to see a figure fall and face-plant into the road. She couldn't help but sneer. Until she realized who it was and she paused, unsure suddenly if she should be laughing in such a cruel way. Since when do I care about people, or having a good reputation, or even friends? Oh yea, never. She thought with a roll of her eyes, though her sneering stopped. Then she began to edge down the street, hoping she wouldn't be noticed. She didn't see that Saruka seemed to be drunk.

Kitaru assisted with getting Saruka back to her feet. "It would be very interesting if the arena did start moving." she giggled softly. "however Kiki does have a point! You need to sober up before you go anywhere else."

-five miles from the green dragon Inn-

Drake Funrus was sleeping in the forest. It was his second home. He had lived in the woods for a long time. It was like he was getting back to basics. He took his axe, and cut some wood for a fire. Without a fire he would have no warmth, no light, and anyone could sneak up on him.

After sometime drake had gotten everything that he needed to start a fire. Some dry wood, some small sticks, a little bit of bark, from the dry wood. He set up a small fire pit and stacked the wood in a pyramid like his friend had shown him.

He sat down and watched the fire dance, and flicker. It was like a belly dancer, like the ones he had seen in the pirate towns to the seas. He had a lot of work there. Hell he captained a ship on the seas. More then one, he commanded many ships. He had heard rumors about claudius, and that he was rumored to be a captain on a ship. He wasn’t

After about 4 years on the seas, he became a well-known pirate. He watched the fire, flicker, and dance. It was like looking in a mirror, he could see himself and his quartermaster. She was a good friend, if not destined to be something more. He left and she took control of the ship. Figures, when he moved she got the ship. His eyes began to shut.

He dreamed.

In the morning, it was foggy. His fired had died out for a long time. Only a few embers were left. He looked around. There was a big hill, a good looking forest, and a steep cliff. He walked around. It looked like a place that could be made into a city.

He walked over to the hill. It could fit a lot of houses, some small, and some big. The cliff could be made into a fort. One that overhangs the ocean. With big stiff walls, it could be defendable.

He walked down towards the edge of the cliff. A port could placed there. Not to big, not to small. With a market place right next, where fisherman could sell their fish. Next to that their could be a nice little tavern/Inn be seen next to it. He walked some more.

This time he made it to the edge of the forest. The wood inside it was good for burning, not to mention building. It was think, and stiff. It would be broken, even if it came to cannon shot. He began to ponder.

“This place would make a better base, then krathful... it is closer to this region then krathful... I could use the money to help further my efforts with everything.... And I could be more centralized to the area.” He thought to himself. “That’s what I will do.”

He began to walk towards the green dragon inn. It was a long way from it, but that was the best place to start for looking for labor to build his new town.

After a few hours he had arrived. He walked in and got up in the middle of the whole tavern, and looked around. “ATTENTION!” He yell. It was different from his quiet, hunter style of talking. “I am looking for people that are willing start a town towards the sea. I will be in the both near the fire place.” After the announcement he walked over towards the both near the fire place. Lit a fire, and sat down.

Xerno smiled as Andrea managed to channel magic. "Very good!" He shouted. He wanved his hand and a smile pile of rocks gathered. "Now I will teach you your first spell, Knockback, take that magic and imagine a force push over the rocks." He gave a demonstration by snapping and making the rocks tumble away before reforming. "Now you try."

Andrea Genis, Outside Broan

"Like this?"

If she could get the basics of channeling magic down, then it wouldn't be a stretch for her to release all that into the outside world to take on a variety of forms of her choosing. If her mentor could do it, then she could as well. What were a few rocks, if not stepping stones on her path to greatness? She may even find a way to use the magic in tandem with her physical skills, like her brother before her.

Following what she did before, she emptied herself and let the magic flow in her. She had only absorbed a small amount of the resource and thought that more would be needed. She felt it this time, felt the magic around her flow into her. She let the magic flow in time with her body, a fluid full-body back and forth motion, not unlike rocking oneself. When it reached the height of her capacity, she quickly released the magic toward the rocks in the area, imagining a powerful gust of wind blowing the rocks away. However, the result was exponentially disappointing. The rocks simply fell over and stayed at rest. She frowned at the result but knew that she couldn't exactly accomplish much yet on the grounds of being a complete novice.

Xerno smiled as she knocked over the rocks. "Very nice. Not bad for your first try." He said while clapping. He pulled out a bundle of clothh. "And to officiate your apprenticeship to me I have brought you something." He put it in front of her and unwrapped it. Inside was a blade made of clear blue crystal. It had runes all over it. "This blade absorbs magic to channel lightning." He gives it to her. "Now hold on, there seems to be a gathering at the arena and we must not miss it." They disappeared into a pillar of blue light and reappeared in the center in a showy and flashy display of magic. "We're here my dear apprentice!"

(Everyone, my sincerest apologies, I was out of town for a week, so no interwebs for me :( It's really late where I am, so nothing immediate, but I will have a post up soon to get things moving along :D Thanks for all of your patience, and I'll have an update out real soon ^_^ )

Stickdom updated @dakup @Hazouken @Mintsong @Shura11 ~~~~~ If I missed anyone, this is my list of ACTIVE players, comment below to get your name put back on the list, I don't want anyone to feel left out )

Lizzy heard a voice and instantly was curious, and made her way toward him. She paused nearby and looked up to the man, waiting for him to continue speaking. (Very short 'cause I got to go get ready for school, bia till later))

(I kind of want to replace Chickadee with a different character. It'll be pretty much the same person wuth the same general history, but in a different form. So, her name is now Emila Vixen and I'll be editing her form shortly ^^)

Emilia looked at her messenger bag and then ran off. She needed to get rid of those packages. After dropping them off at the mailing building that was part of the company she worked for, she ran back to the place and went to the Captain-Person to sign up.

"May I sign up?" Emilia asked them, hopping up and down pretty excitedly. Finally! An adventure that didn't involve mail!

(Sorry that it's short.) 
(She's now up. She can do minor magic btw (illusions, elements, etc).)

~~~~~Saruka, Broan City Streets~~~~~

Hearing a trumpet call that must have been coming from the direction of the Arena, she quickly jolted out f her daze and began to run down the streets, calling to her friends behind her, "C'mon! We're going to get left behind!" Saruka turned a corner rather quickly and was almost run over by a large man pushing a cart, shouting at her, "Hey! Watch it!" She leaped over him, using her staff as some kind of pole vault, and continued as if nothing had happened. She would not be left behind, not when this could be the biggest adventure of her life.

~~~~~Rectra'an, Broan~~~~~

Rectra'an heard a bellowing noise across the city, like a hollow oak tree in a howling wind. He did not know exactly what a trumpet was, but he knew that it was some kind of signal between the Man-twigs. It sounded to be coming from the center of the city, and he could sense a great many life-energies there, like tiny flickering lights in the distance. He turned his head upwards towards Ali, "Young Sprout, is the way clear to the middle of the man-forest?" He extended a few thin branches in the direction he had heard the noise, pointing to where he saw the life-lights.

Laika stood up from her position behind a rock that had been used for spying assessments. A trumpet was being blown in the centre of the field, long and loud. She shifted and looked around for her brother, wondering how they could keep up the trumpets for so long without drawing breath. Fenri stood next to her, and they waited for the speaker to do his job and speak.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

~~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~~

Ali turned towards the sound. One she had never heard before and she couldn't help but be curious. She heard Rectra'an ask a question and gave him her full attention. He wanted to know whether or not the path was clear. With bright blue eyes she scanned the area in front of them. She took a moment to make sure she didn't miss anything. She only spotted one who was a little too close. She shyly asked him if he would mind moving so they could pass through safely. Ali was given a strange look from the man before he walked off to go about the rest of his day. 'hm? Why did he look at me that way?' she thought. Now that there was no one in the middle of the road she answered Rectra'an cheerfully, "Its clear."

Andrea Genis, Broan.

While she may not have been satisfied with the results, her mentor seemed to be quite happy with what she had accomplished so far. Still though, she failed to see why the tipping over a few rocks without touching them was cause for celebration. She had the blood of legends in her veins and so did her brother, she simply wanted more out of it. Knocking over rocks is well and good but she originally anticipated flattening the entire forest.

Her mentor had even been kind enough to give her a gift. A runed sword that looked quite brittle compared to her own sword but exponentially sharper at least. He explained just what it could do but not exactly how to do it, if Andrea could not figure it out herself then at least she got an expensive looking ornament to carry around. Her pragmatism just wouldn't let her trade in her weathered sword in exchange for one that looks quite the brittle specimen, ready to shatter the moment a shield stops it.

Before she could even thank him, though, her mentor had conjured a portal of sorts and told her about a gathering in the city of Broan. He walked into the pillar and Andrea felt it best to follow in after him. She felt herself being bathed by the warmth of the life and then rudely disassembled, stretched and generally distorted by the portal. Her endurance was rewarded by the knowledge that they had just arrived within the city, hopefully near the arena or in it. It may be uncomfortable but it looked like quite the useful spell, a fast travel device of sorts. Well she may be relieved but her gut surely wasn't, she could feel breakfast threaten to spill out but forced it back down and suffering the bile that came with it.

It took a moment for her to regain her composure.

"M-mentor, the sword was all well and good but I would have preferred you taught me how to conjure one of these portals. Which part of the city did you send us to?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back