• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World of Od

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali was startled by the abrupt speech and clapping. She turned to Fenri and smiled. She had almost forgotten he was there having been so focused, " thank you." He began telling her things she could do in order to improve. She payed attention to his advise so she would do better next time."Got it", she confirmed she was listening. Ali looked down to hide a slight blush that made its way to her cheeks. She knew the shot wasn't really all that good but she replied to his question anyways, " I'm pretty sure."

Fenri smiled again. He seemed to be smiling quite a lot. So did she actually. "Would you like to try again or would you like to move on to the dagger? Or you could have a break obviously, I mean I'm not in charge round here." He laughed a little.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali wanted to learn all that she could in the short amount of time they had and so she decided upon learning how to use the dagger. " The dagger, please", she hoped that this would go as well as the bow and arrow did, though she wasn't really sure how she could mess up.

He nodded and pulled a dagger out of his bag and handed it to her, hilt first. "First lesson, always take a blade from the side that isn't pointy." He grinned yet again.

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali couldn't help but laugh a little at this, "Yeah, I think I've got that part." Carefully she took the dagger and turned it over in her hands, examining it.

(Sorry I haven't been replying! It was my birthday on Wednesday and I was out all Thursday with no Internet so I'm sorry :( I'm posting now though and I should have full Internet back soon :) )

Fenri took his own dagger out of the bag. "Chances are if you're at close range with someone, they'll have a weapon too - such as a sword or a dagger or a staff. You'll usually have the advantage because you're small and quick and whilst they're swinging, you'll be able to cut in and take them out of action. If you're lucky you won't have to use the dagger, but if you do, always aim for the side of the body or the leg." He showed her the spots that he meant, guiding her hand with the dagger to his ribs and just above his knee. "The legs are a good one, because you can get them almost anywhere in the leg and run."

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali payed attention to what Fenri was telling her. She understood that the lesson would help her in the future and so she wanted to commit everything to memory. She found the thought of fighting someone up close with a dagger to be a little intimidating though, especially if they also had a weapon. She hoped it wasn't something she would have to worry about, at least frequently anyways. Maybe she would be able to keep some distance if she improved with the bow. She would be sure to practice more on that. Ali didn't like the idea of holding a weapon towards Fenri even if it was just a part of training. She tried not to let it bother her as he told her the best places to aim with the dagger. She let him know she was still paying attention, "okay." She looked away for a moment.

"Hey." He said, touching her arm gently, concern showing on his face. "Are you ok? I understand this is a lot to take in."

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali redirected her attention to Fenri. It would seem that he had noticed something was troubling her. She nodded in reply to his question confirming that she would be okay. She put on a smile not only to ease his concern but partially because he was concerned in the first place. She thought it was nice that he seemed to care.

~~~~~Rectra'an, Broan~~~~~

He watched as the fire-headed manling took Ali to practice with weaponry. He knew of such things only because he had heard the tales of the Wood-elves, and seen the intentions of a few knights traveling through his forest. He was cautious of Ali being too close to another, he seemed somehow fiercely protective of her, as if she had been one of his own trees in his forest. But, this manling seemed of no harm, so Rectra'an let them be. He followed behind, keeping a close "eye" on her, cautiously feeling the tension in the air with his thoughts, looking for any sign of harmful intentions. But, he seemed kind enough for now, so Rectra'an let them be, he lay down on the side of the open area, near the archer's range, and slept only as trees can sleep, deep and dreamless, yet conscious and awake at the same time.

~~~~~Saruka, Broan~~~~~

Saruka went to look for Kit and Akieta, but seemed to have gotten lost in the crowds all together. Soldier, archers, and blacksmiths of all kinds filled the lanes in between rows of tents, making it difficult to find anyone in particular. She wandered around some more, bumping into people of many races, but not once did they know where to find her friends. So, she continued on, looking for either their squad or her own.

-Fenri, Broan-

Fenri spent the next hour or so teaching Ali how to use her dagger to defend herself, showing her the pressure points she could touch and what they did. She was a quick learner and he enjoyed teaching such a receptive student. He was aware of her guardian angel/tree watching them, but he didn't seem overly concerned so Fenri ignored him for the time being and continued to teach Ali.

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali had been making many mental notes and paying close attention to Fenri as he taught her about certain weapons and how to use them. But it would seem that she had reached a point where she couldn't help her mind from wandering. Ali had remembered what she was meant to do in the first place, help find the rest of the group. She looked to Rectra'an and then back to Fenri, having used this small window of time to collect her thoughts. "Fenri", she hoped that he wouldn't mind the interruption much, " Could we take a break? I believe that we should look for the rest of the group." Ali awaits an answer hoping she hasn't been rude by interrupting the lesson.

"Yes of course!" He exclaimed. "I'm sorry, I lose track of time when I'm teaching." He put his knives down. "I've taught you most of it now. The rest you can just practice whenever you want." He looked over at the sun to gauge the time and saw that it was hanging low in the sky. Red and gold streaked into the blue, and faded into soft pinks and yellows. "Wow." He murmured to himself. He looked back towards Ali. "Now that you've mentioned it, where is the rest of our squad?"

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali smiled finding relief in knowing that she hadn't been rude. She would have kept training with Fenri if it weren't for the fact that they needed to find the rest of their squad. But it seemed that he did not mind the interruption too much. He had told her that she could continue training on her own. While Ali was glad that she was capable of such a thing, she hoped that Fenri would still train with her. She enjoyed the lessons so far as well as his company. She saw him turn and followed his gaze to the sky. It was not the same as usual. Instead of the normal blue it was many colors all at once. She tilted her head slightly at this, having never seen the sky that way before. Ali had gotten a little caught up in the sight when Fenri spoke to her. "The rest of the sqaud...", she began looking around as she spoke, "It would seem that we were never given a meeting place. I was lucky that I found you with all the people crowded around." Ali hoped it wouldn't be too difficult to find the others, especially since she did not know the area.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Fenri nodded, still looking again at the sun. It was definitely setting now, the bronze hues colouring the skies. It was beautiful. He looked back to where Ali stood. "It might be a better idea to settle in for the night. A lot of people will have done now. We would have a much better chance in the morning." He glanced at Rectra'an for a second before asking, "Have you two got anywhere to stay?"

His bark groaned as he stood from where he had been reclining, awakened at the sound of an address to himself. "We have not a place, little man-ling, but I doubt if I need one. Ali-sprout, on other thoughts, may require shelter, and I shall not leave her by her loneness. Have you enough space for her that I can be nearby?"

"I haven't personally but a city like this should be full of inns where we could stay. I'm sure they could accommodate you too." He was slightly unnerved by Rectra'an, but then again, he thought, many people were unnerved by him and Laika. "Even if they didn't, I'd be nearby, and I'd make sure no harm came to her." He nodded towards Ali before addressing her. "Of course that would be up to you though Ali." He added.

~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali listened to her two friends speak about where they would be staying for the night. She didn't know that one needed a place considering the last and only place she slept was outside. This did not bother her however. She would go where ever they did. She didn't really like the idea of going somewhere where Rectra'an could not go though. Ali wished to be somewhere where the three of them could stay together. "I think we should try to find some place we can all stay", she answers shyly, not wanting to separate from either of her friends.

Fenri was touched that Ali valued him as she did, and that she trusted him. He wondered whether he should go get Laika, but figures she probably wouldn't appreciate him bossing her about. "It might be hard to find a place that would allow Rectra'an to stay. No offence." He said to him. "Oh! I've just thought - I have a canvas big enough to shelter us for the night, if you want? We would probably have to go back out into the forest though, then come back here at first light to see if we're any closer to becoming organised."

~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali felt disappointment when Fenri told her they might not be able to find a place where Rectra'an could stay. That expression of disappointment turned to excitement when he told of a place in the woods. 'That could work nicely' she thought. "Great", she smiled happy that they found something that would accommodate everyone. She looked looked to Rectra'an , "How do you feel about this arrangement ?" Ali listened to see what he thought.

Rectra'an nodded and creaked, "The forest is always most at home to me, Ali-sprout, it is your comfort we are concerned for." He turned towards the other there, Fenri, and asked, "Have you enough to keep Ali and yourself warm? You barkless cannot simply ignore the cold-night as we trees can, and though I have no love of fire, as long as you promise to control it, you may have one to keep yourself warm, for Ali's sake." He moved closer to them, reaching a massive, protective stump of an arm close to Ali, as if he could fight away the cold with himself as a shield.

Fenri nodded. "I've got blankets and things too, and I can go hunting for some food. Would you be alright in the cold Rectra'an?" He asked, somewhat concerned. He had heard what Rectra'an had said about ignoring the cold, but still, it was in Fenri's nature to worry.

-= Peak of one of the unknown mountains in the South.=-

Zero quickly glanced around, to make sure the way down isn't so steep. It isn't, so he starts to carefully walk downward. Snow is not solid, and his armor makes it crumble under his feet very quickly. Hard to move, and there might be a hidden pit under that thin snow. He improvises to use his sword to melt all the snow in the way, revealing gray, colourless, dead dirt. Along the way, Zero thinks -

"How did I get in that cave..? And this weapon is truly strange, I never saw anything alike. I might have been knocked out, perhaps that's why I dont remember anything."

After getting on the ground level, the snow ended, he was surrounded by mountains, and they formed some kind of a maze.

"Ah, how could I have been so stupid! I should have looked around from the top of that mountain...Too late now."

After the statement, Zero started navigating around the mountain "maze" randomly, hoping for his luck to help him.

Last edited by a moderator:
~~~~Ali, Broan~~~~

Ali waited for her friends to come to a decision about where they would be staying for the night. She hadn't thought much on whether or not the cold affected Rectra'an until now. She wondered, 'Do trees get cold?' Ali decided that would not be a problem. She would make sure he was comfortable.

"I'll weather fine, little saplings," he said. "Cold nor hear nor rain can pierce my bark, I have stood many years with little use for shelter from the wind or snow. If I can provide you with a little shelter of your own, I would be glad to do so." He stood tall, searching for a ray of sun, and one landed on his mossy head. "The warmth grows faint, night will soon be upon us. We should leave now if we are to go at all." He turned and knelt, gesturing for them to climb into his knobby back if they so desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back