• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World of Od

(I'm assuming that everyone that has been active so far that was making their way to the arena has signed up already, this RP was slowly dying out and we need some action, so I'm making the decision to do a time-skip forward just a little bit)

~~~~~Broan, The Grand Arena~~~~~

The Herald brought forth a list, a giant scroll that was presumably held the names of the newer recruits.

"Hear ye, all volunteers, for your assignments to separate platoons:

For the Scouting Division:

Emila Vixen @Mintsong, Aoi @Hazouken

The Front Lines Squadron:

Saruka Himedono @Shura11, Akieta @JJennibee, Tekkan Faerwen @The J.

That is all for now, if any volunteers have been missed, please talk to the Division Commander at the front gates. You have the rest of the day to meet up with your squad, then we march for the southern plains tomorrow morning. That is all."

(Wooooooo action :D :D good to see you back! :) )

Laika nudged Fenri happily.

"We got our places Fen! The guard must have listened to us." He smiled back, albeit somewhat distractedly. Laika gave him a quick hug. "Look everyone's assembling now. We should go." He hugged her back, enveloping her in his arms. "Are you sure about this?" He asked. She nodded and he released her, both looking surprised. It had been a while since he had properly shown affection for her, instead of just exasperation. Laika grinned and bounded over to the scouting division. Fenri watched her go, still worried. She knew what she was doing though, he reasoned with himself. It was himself he had to worry about. He turned and walked away towards the front lines squadron, resolutely ignoring the little niggle of worry in the back of his mind.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

-akieta Broan-

Akieta laughed heartedly at the excited monkey who ran ahead in Front of them. She grabbed kits hand and started running forward to catch up on her finally finding her feet. When they got to the stadium to hear the announcements a smile formed on her lips and she looked at kit giving her a nod

-Richard Broan-

Richard smiled a little on the inside but like the many people around him he had to stay serious. War wasn't a game, even though for little jenny he made it out to be. He stood from where he was seated and walked down to find his monkey friend saruka, tell her good luck and all that, he really hoped hypos wasn't a final goodbye.

~Xerno, Forest Outside Broan~

"Welp...gentlemen..." Xerno said awkawrdly. What was he doing here in engineering? He's a Magus Ascendant for magic's sake! "...What the hell do we do now?" He asked. He looked at everyone in the Engineering Corps. "...Any ideas?" He pushed. (Sorry for the length)

Hill stood on a street, listening to the heralder, he stood over a burning incense, giving off a scent that makes you feel some sort of purpose within.

He straightens his scarf, listening....

"This better be worth it..." 
Hill listens further to the announcements. 
Hill approaches Laika, @LiziAnne since they're in the same division, and speaks with her.

"Hello."

What an introduction, you feel like friends already, WOWWWW!

Laika turned to see a tall man with strangely matching features. She could see that on any one else his pale hair and caramel skin would clash, but somehow on him, they worked. She found herself having to step back to look at his face, more in part to her height than his. "Hi!" She said chirpily. "I'm Laika."

Hill offers a strange looking slice of fruit, it gives of an aroma of a happy campfire, or something nice involving fire.

"Hungry?" He says in his not that manly voice. 
He takes a bite of a different slice of the same fruit, 1 percent of what may be a satisfied smile curls across his face.

Laika took it and took a bite. "What is it?" She asked, munching away happily. The taste was familiar, but not. It certainly smelled nice. It put her in mind of her childhood, sitting outside around a small fire, roasting marshmallows with Fenri and watching the stars over their heads. She closed her eyes and smiled for a moment, lost in the memory.

"Bonfire Apple. Seeds roasted in the fires of dragons, and sometimes hellfire, planted in ashes. Tastes wonderful, but is hard to acquire, that slice you just ate is worth one thousand gold coins." Hill nonchalantly eats another slice. Having memories of roasting nuts over the fire with his beloved sister, Valleyr.

She spluttered. "1000?!" They could pay off everything on the inn with that. That one little slice that she had just ate. Ah well. It tasted nice anyway. "Who are you?" She asked, curiosity filling her voice. What kind of man managed to get an apple roasted by dragons? And what kind of man could afford to throw away 1000 gold?

"My name is Hill, a Compounder, I make things out of smaller things. The Bonfire apple you ate, is what I made."

He swallows another piece of Bonfire Apple.

"Sometimes I make weapons with it, things that can break armor, things that cause the senses to go black, for quite some time."

He puffs smoke from his mouth.

As he does this, you feel the need to cough, like dragon fire welling up in your throat.

"B-be sure to exhale after swallowing though, or your throat's gonna hurt..." 
In poor timing, you begin spitting harmless, yet throat stinging fire. Hill feels extremely bad he forgot to explain that earlier.

"Gah."

He turns away, and pats you on the back apologetically.

"Woah that's cool." She coughed, eyes streaming. "Nice to meet you Hill!" She smiled. "Why are you in the scouting division then? I'd have thought you'd be better on the front line or in the medical one."

"I want to see what's out there, before anyone else."

He furrows his brow, to a face filled with purpose.

"Anyway, I don't plan to just sit back and watch things, I want to see what everything does when faced with something."

"I someday want to be able to sit down and say 'Now I've Seen Everything'."

"I want to see, to hear, to smell, and to feel everything there is to take in, to touch the ice of the Northern Pole, to take a breath of the putrid smells of the caves of accursed undead, and treasure. To hear an undiscovered beast wail with fury as it rises from its place of slumber."

Hill closes his electric blue eyes, that small moment was probably the most you'd get out of him.

Anticlimactically, he eats another slice of Bonfire Apple, and exhales some smoke.

"That is why I scout ahead, to see before others."

Laika stared, somewhat taken aback. It was rare someone gave an answer that...purposeful. It seemed to Laika that most people nowadays just drifted from day to day, taking what comes. She herself didn't have any sort of aspirations or goals. Finding another wolf shifter would be nice. So would being rich and famous, or being a hero. She didn't take any of it seriously though. I mean, what were the chances of her ever doing anything of worth. All she could do was shift and even then she wasn't good at much.

"Well...you'll certainly do all that as a scout." She smiled again. She seemed to be doing quite alot of it at the moment. "Do you think anyone will have any food that possibly doesn't make you breath fire?"

"I have assorted candies."

He reaches into his massive backpack, and pulls out a delicate, violet cardboard box, of different candies...

labeled in his own handwriting Cherry Blossom Crunch, Chocolate (plain) Chockolit, (for people you hate), Rosy Chew (for those you love), and some other interesting ones, all for giving to different people, some to friends, some to children only, some to elderly people, and some even for pretzel makers, apparently.

Laika took some cherry blossom crunch and plain chocolate. "Thank you very much. These all look lovely. I'll have to go hunting once we set out on the road though. Do you eat meat? It's about the only thing I can cook. I usually eat it raw though."

(Aw man! I was asleep when everybody was online T-T)

Emilia heard what she was going to be and smiled. Sounded good to her. She took off her messenger hat then threw it away from. Wouldn't be needing that anymore. Emilia glanced around at the other people there and began to wander around.

(Sorry, I wasn't sure what to post)

"Of course I eat meat, I use it to make Ham of Hell Boar." Hill responds.

He stands up, and stashes away the box of candies.

He walks away to god knows where.

Lizzy gazed around at all the others. She knew none of them but there they all were, sharing food and talking. Lizzy just hung in the open, arms crossed over her chest and a almost neutral but more of a frown on her face. She didn't want to appear lonely, even though she felt a bit left out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Laika watched Hill go somewhat confused. Had she annoyed him somehow? Her stomach grumbled in indifference, and she grimaced, hoping she would set off soon. She wondered idly who else was in her division, and how Fenri was doing.

Ali tilted her head slightly as she listened to the Herald list out names and locations. She noticed that as he concluded his announcement the people in the area began to break off into groups. Seeing everyone make conversation with their new squads Ali began to wonder who some of the people were. It seemed that there were volunteers from all over who had traveled here. Though she was curious she also had never been around so many people before and was feeling slightly uncomfortable. She looked to Rectra'an and waited to see what he thought. Observing the other volunteers she unconsciously twirled her hair.

Hill goes to buy things from the Herbology store. Apples, Clumps of glowmoss, assorted flowers that contain compoundable seeds.

I also purchase Powders, Peanuts, and Pestles to crush these things.

Hill hands the shopkeep 500 gold coin overpay by handing him a slice of Bonfire Apple.

"Keep the change."

He turns and walks off.

how

mysterious

oooooo

~~~~~Rectra'an, Broan~~~~

Turning his giant head towards Ali, he creaked, "We should gather with the others that are in our forest, little Ali-sprout, what did the human say it was? The Front Line? See if you can find where they are gathered, then we will meet them there."

~~~~~Saruka, Broan~~~~~

Hearing the Squad she was in, Saruka almost jumped for joy. This was the adventure she had been hoping for, a chance to prove her skills and training had been well-learned. She wanted to find the rest of her squad, but heard the names of her friends called into another Division. She decided to visit them first and wish them luck on the mission, so she set out to find Akieta and Kitaru at the Medical Corps.

Eventually Lizzy sighed an slowly wandered over to where she had seen others of the Scouting squad. She came close enough to listen to some of the conversation, but didn't try to join in. She just wasn't very social. She began to study a small nice she had as if it were important or interesting, but really, she just didn't want to look lonely or as if she was waiting for someone to approach her.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

"Yes, the front line", she confirmed for Rectra'an which group they were to be in. The crowd had cleared slightly after a few of the groups left to go to different locations and so Ali felt better about the area. At least now that she wouldn't get lost in a sea of people. Ali had began to set off looking for their group when she noticed someone walking towards them. A man with long red hair who seemed to be quite tall compared to her own much shorter height. She had seen him with a girl earlier who had left in the direction of the scouting division. Perhaps he was one of the volunteers in the same group as Rectra'an and herself. "Excuse me", she called out to him. " You wouldn't happen to be in the front lines squadron, would you?", Ali asked shyly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back