• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

missmunin

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello all! I'm new here, no idea what I'm doing... pretty much flying by the seat of my pants

I prefer multi-para-RP but am willing to tone things back to make my partner comfortable with a few lines or a small paragraph. I know some people get overwhelmed when they are blasted with five paragraphs at one time.

I love lore, and I don't want to stray too far from the pre-established lore of Andrzej Sapkowski. So I will likely turn down your female witcher. I am okay with creating lore that will fit into The Witcher's dark world or adding certain things from the Games/Tabletop or TV series, The Hexer, and the Netflix adaptations.

My OC:

I have created an OC unique to the Witcher world that could very well be plausible based on the information given. She is not a Witcher, not a sorceress, but more than capable of traversing a 'man's world,' but she has her fair share of struggles. So she will be a tough cookie to crumble if you're interested in romance. The Witcher Universe is dark. It's not meant to be easy. There are a lot of dark themes, including rape, murder, torture, and slavery. Though we may never touch on some of these subjects, please realize that characters will be affected by such a world, and such things may come up in character conversations. I built my OC based on this and my knowledge of medieval life.

RP:

My goal going into this isn't to seek out romance for my OC but to give her more life, but I'm okay with fulfilling your desires. That being said, if romance happens, it happens.
I'm okay with OCxOC or OCxcanon, but I'm not interested in canonxcanon. If I wanted that, I'd just go read fanfiction.
I'm pretty sure I have Geralt down to a science if you would like OCXGeralt, and I will research any character thoroughly to give you the best canon experience. I'm more versed in the books than the games or series.
More than capable of handling more than one character in a single RP or switching between RP.
I prefer Discord or Google Docs, but I will use forums (Never forum RPed before) if that's your thing.

I'm not sure what else I should put here. This is the first time I have gone fishing for RP.

Hey, I would love to start a rp with you if you're still interested. I think a Witcher narrative that potentially doesn't star any actual witchers or sorceresses might be interesting, particularly because the Continent is such a rough place for regular folk lol.

The character I created is slightly stronger than the average human running around but can not compete with a Witcher and doesn't have all the fancy sight and hearing. I needed a female character who could survive this environment alone, so I had to beef her up a little bit. But the Continent and the world have enough information for people to piece together their own reasonable characters that could make something of themselves in the world. Magic is powerful; few can use it, the variety of monsters and creatures is abundant, and alchemy. There will be religions, cults, monsters, and creatures none of the books touch on as it follows only one person during specific parts of their very long life. So, to be frank, I'm down to roleplay whatever from this world.

Sounds good! I'll also be beefing up my female oc a little bit via a curse that's coming to bite her in the bud as curses usually do. I was thinking she'd go to your oc for help/guidance.
Also, I've read half of the first book, watched most of the show and I'm playing the game, but I still wouldn't call myself completely Witcher savvy. If you're cool with that we can go to DMs or straight to Discord.

I'm fine with you being versed in lore as much as you desire or none. Most of what I know is from the books, and it's been a while since I've read them or played the games. I'm down to hit either dm or discord. Tell me what you're interested in for your story.

So I was thinking it'd be a loose take on being a woman and inner strength and how those two ideas interact or conflict, since I liked your idea of a tough cookie lady finding her own way.

I might be inclined to make a character sheet to better explain my character, but basically she makes a deal with a magus to have a man's strength and skill to avenge a family loss, but of course there are strings attached. The magus decides to give her strength of a true beast amongst men; a Witcher he's caught and isn't fond of. With some wishy-washy magic I'm not savy enough to explain, he curses the witcher's medallion so that whenever my OC wears it (or anyone else does), the witcher's power is transferred to her and he becomes weak while she becomes strong. There's more to it, but basically the witcher's not happy with this arrangement and he's after my oc and she's heard of your oc, a self made woman, and she's hoping for help.

She can't wear the medallion continually and each time she takes it off, all her skill with a sword goes out the window, hence her need for a mentor of sorts since she's a peasant girl who has no real experience in combat.
If she kills the Witcher while wearing the medallion the curse breaks and she loses her abilities forever, but if she can best him without it her supernatural strength can become permanent, or so the magus says.
She just hopes she can find her true strength before time runs out.

I was thinking it'd mostly be a chill rp between two characters who are probably pretty different but share similar experiences and that might make them interesting to read about.

Heyo I'm not sure if this is still open but if it is are you still interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back