• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Weight of the Crown

LeviathanL said:
What timezone you at? Cause from my perspective the deadline just passed with 6 sign-ups.
Lol folks have to the stroke of midnight tomorrow evening. I'm Eastern Standard.

Can't help but notice there is a lot of silver in Ellemar. At least two countries mine it extensively and there is apparently enough of the stuff to outfit an entire army with it.

Even the characters from nations who are not explicitly mining silver still have their crowns and circlets (and in one case entire armor), made from it.

Thinking about it this does not reduce immersion, might even make it more realistic as mineral veins seldom care about borders, but it could lead to story confusion when talking about silver legion vs silvernest vs the nest or whatever, but I'm sure that will work itself out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just kind of crying because I also placed my Kingdom in the northwestern foothills and made inheritance pass to first born regardless of gender and now I have rewriting to do. xD

EDIT: I suppose shuffling it to be western, between the mountain and the shore, might work with minimal edits.

Silver is established as a common metal! I suppose if it's good for crafting armor it would make for good trade still.

Anomaly said:
I'm just kind of crying because I also placed my Kingdom in the northwestern foothills and made inheritance pass to first born regardless of gender and now I have rewriting to do. xD
EDIT: I suppose shuffling it to be western, between the mountain and the shore, might work with minimal edits.
why? My country has no specific gender rules too.

Effervescent said:
Silver is established as a common metal! I suppose if it's good for crafting armor it would make for good trade still.
The silver standard

LeviathanL said:
why? My country has no specific gender rules too.
While it's possible I missed that in the multiple times I have read everyone's kingdoms, I didn't mark it down as official policy unless it was explicitly stated. England has had Queens throughout history but it was still a patriarchal society.

Anomaly said:
While it's possible I missed that in the multiple times I have read everyone's kingdoms, I didn't mark it down as official policy unless it was explicitly stated. England has had Queens throughout history but it was still a patriarchal society.
I did not explicitly state gender roles in my sheet. Off the record I figured that a country revolving around wealth and assassination wouldn't care about the gender of the hand plunging the dagger in your back. But even it the general consensus will be patriarchal it won't really change my sheet save for my antagonist characters.

btw, silver being common doesn't mean it isn't valuable. Diamonds are also common but because the trade is controlled they are very expensive.

Anomaly said:
I CAN EASILY CHANGE SILVERNEST TO BEING IN THE CENTRAL FOOTHILLS

EDIT: i had to edit mine like 3 times so I feel your pain

Elle Joyner]OH My God [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17557-rissa/ said:
@Rissa[/URL]

Your King. I died. xD I'm dying. I'm literally dying. Galavant is my favorite thing ever.
IS IT A GOOD DYING OR A BAD DYING I'VE NEVER SEEN IT

Rissa said:
I CAN EASILY CHANGE SILVERNEST TO BEING IN THE CENTRAL FOOTHILLS
EDIT: i had to edit mine like 3 times so I feel your pain
I gave Dusk the suggestion of plotting with you to have either sister-kingdoms (separate rulers, but sharing territory) or having been sister-kingdoms that separated. Totally up to y'all to plot it out, but then no one'll have to change anything :)

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]I gave Dusk the suggestion of plotting with you to have either sister-kingdoms (separate rulers, but sharing territory) or having been sister-kingdoms that separated. Totally up to y'all to plot it out, but then no one'll have to change anything :)

[/QUOTE]
I'm definitely down for either as long as she is!! If not, I can easily change mine to central so she doesn't have to edit hers again!

Wait, that king is the guy from psych. And the other king is the south-african actor from district 9, elysium and powers. I didn't know they had period pieces.

Timothy Omundson is amazing. I'd have to pick this king though:

kingrichard.jpg

FYI: Prata Lago translates to Silver Lake. I had planned on setting up Mármor as a silver mining country, but it's obvious why I didn't follow through with that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back