• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Very Best EX (A Pokemon OOC)

T
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A Pokemon RP
ok so here's an idea of a power i'm workin on, need to see if it needs adjusting or just wouldn't work
. Pokemon Creation Variation | Pokemon Manipulation and Control
- The ancient art of Pokemon creation had vanished for the longest time before the creation of Pokemon like Porygon and Mewtwo. It is through Porygon and a technology created by their old company that Val gained the ability to manipulate and control certain Pokemon to an extent. The limitation would have been man made Pokemon, but the technological boost has allowed for Pokemon associated with machinery or modern electricity to be manipulated. Control is also possible but to a lesser extent, with the ability being temporary and leaving the Pokemon hostile towards Val. Destiny seems to be immune to the ability.
(Pokemon Manipulation is the power to change the moves of a Pokemon outside of battle without a tutor, tm, etc., I have also considered making it have the ability to change the ability of a Pokemon but was unsure of how that would be taken)
(Outside of man made Pokemon, the other Pokemon I think are affected by the powers are the Magnezone, Rotom, Metagross, Klinklang lines, with possibly Magearna and Genesect though their status as special Pokemon may prevent this)

ok so here's an idea of a power i'm workin on, need to see if it needs adjusting or just wouldn't work
. Pokemon Creation Variation | Pokemon Manipulation and Control
- The ancient art of Pokemon creation had vanished for the longest time before the creation of Pokemon like Porygon and Mewtwo. It is through Porygon and a technology created by their old company that Val gained the ability to manipulate and control certain Pokemon to an extent. The limitation would have been man made Pokemon, but the technological boost has allowed for Pokemon associated with machinery or modern electricity to be manipulated. Control is also possible but to a lesser extent, with the ability being temporary and leaving the Pokemon hostile towards Val. Destiny seems to be immune to the ability.
(Pokemon Manipulation is the power to change the moves of a Pokemon outside of battle without a tutor, tm, etc., I have also considered making it have the ability to change the ability of a Pokemon but was unsure of how that would be taken)
(Outside of man made Pokemon, the other Pokemon I think are affected by the powers are the Magnezone, Rotom, Metagross, Klinklang lines, with possibly Magearna and Genesect though their status as special Pokemon may prevent this)
This sounds okay. You'll still be limited to the Pokemon's existing move pool, though, right?

Like for my character to have the ability to replicate certain pokemon moves, similarly to like someone who has Aura or Psychic abilities

I was either gonna say through constant watching and studying of Pokemon while lost in the wild (hence why it's limited to only normal or fighting type moves), or an encounter with the Ultrabeast Buzwole leading to him gaining it's blessing, with it's moniker UB-2 Absorption, allowing him to replicate Pokemon moves

I was either gonna say through constant watching and studying of Pokemon while lost in the wild (hence why it's limited to only normal or fighting type moves), or an encounter with the Ultrabeast Buzwole leading to him gaining it's blessing, with it's moniker UB-2 Absorption, allowing him to replicate Pokemon moves
That first one sounds better, honestly. I can see someone being able to mimic fighting type moves with enough training.

Almost done here, considering making them a little less angsty but otherwise should be up by end of the day

I think I'd like to join this if that's alright! I just was curious, if we only wanted to particpate in Kanto for example is that allowed or do we have to have a character for both Kanto and Hoenn? Sorry if this was answered somewhere and I missed it.

I think I'd like to join this if that's alright! I just was curious, if we only wanted to particpate in Kanto for example is that allowed or do we have to have a character for both Kanto and Hoenn? Sorry if this was answered somewhere and I missed it.
Yes it's fine to only have one character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back