• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Undying Hunt | OOC & SU

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

listener

mama and the mothman

The Undying Hunt | Creation Station & Sign Ups

hey!! welcome to the undying hunt, i'm listener and ima be yer gm. ((:
thank you for yer interest and participation!!!

this page will be our "headquarters" until the final cast is revealed and the discord goes live. there's going to be a good mix of player agency within our little story, as well as opportunities ooc to add lore to the world via your characters! so above all, make sure you decide on a character that you really want to play. and though characters will have relations with one another, don't get too attached until the final cast is revealed.

but enough of that, let's get to the good bits:

we're going to do sign ups a bit differently with a two-part process, so i can make sure the perfect cast is chosen!

first, everyone will fill out the skelly sheet (down below), and a writing prompt, which i'm hoping will help you get a good sense for what your character is like in prose. (and if you find your character being a bit different than you expected, this is the perfect time to edit!!) about ~300 words is perfectly fine, i don't expect too much!!

after that, if your skelly sheet is accepted, you'll fill out the rest of the sheet (also down below). full sheets will be posted here so we can continue the 'storm!! important!!! the secrets section and your character's backgrounds should not be attached to your full sheet, instead, send it to me in a pm!! <3 that way no juicy plot points will be spilled.

please note that there are race-specific questions for your final sheet that can be found here.

Rules
and
Reminders
01. 18+ only
02. if you have a race idea not on the lore page, lemme know and let's brainstorm to see if it'll fit!
03. characters should be powerful (powerful, but definitely not world-shatteringly so), but try to include creative weaknesses and drawbacks, not only in regards to their power sets, but to them as characters as well.
04. reminder that this is not first come, first serve, and your skelly sheet being accepted does not guarantee final acceptance.
05. code is not mandatory, however, if you are using code, please make sure it's mobile friendly or you attach a mobile friendly version!
06. the creation station is a way for me to check out both your character, and you as a player, as we discuss and brainstorm and plot with one another.

character requisites
01. must be a resident of pirn (ideally for at least 5+ years)
02. must be an unveiled in some capacity
03. must have a legitimate reason to want to protect pirn, even if it's as simple as pirn being their home
04. on the subject of faceclaims i'm going to require two things: a rl faceclaim (that the "inherent protections" of pirn shows to humans) and if needed, artwork to show off the more supernatural aspects of your character.
skelly sheet
character snippet: 1-2 paragraph audit of your character. please include their name, race, physical appearance, first-glance personality traits, occupation, and what motivates and fears them.

writing prompt: please choose from one of the three prompts and write through the eyes of your character. have fun with this! use this as a guide to feel your character out and see if you jive with them! ~300 words is fine.

prompts

01. your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?
02. an assassin has been sent after your character. they're aware of this and how he's about to leap from the shadows. what ensues?
03. your character must (create, perform, or halt) a ritual. how do they do it?

feel free to choose between what's in the parenthesis-- i want yall to have as much fun with this as you can ((:
try and include your characters power sets so both you and i can get a feel for em

full sheet
name
nickname
titles/alias (optional)
dob & age / perceived age, if applicable

physical appearance: picture(s) + a general description of their: hair (color, style, length, texture), eyes, height, build, body modifications (piercings, tattoos, etc.), scars, and a sentence or two on their general fashion/accessories.)

personality traits: at least 4 positive and negative traits
drives:
fears:

--racial specific questions--
(can be found here)

hobbies:

occupation and any relating lore:

relations: these do not have to be detailed!!! a sentence or two will suffice. both familial and social. (unless plotting with me, the gm, all social relations are subject to change upon the final selection!)

--to be pm'd--

background: 2-3+ paragraphs about your character; please tell me who they are, where they come from, what they've been through in their lives thus far. are they in pirn for a specific reason (trying to unlock the power of the ley lines? looking for the ancient grimoires said to be buried in the mine? sensed something was about to happen?) or were they simply born in pirn, amidst the powerful energy that saturates the area?

secrets: please send me a known lie about your character, an unknown truth, and a rumor, (unfounded or otherwise.)
answered questions

---- regarding changelings----

I was definitely thinking more like a changeling - the hybrid template should work fine! Is there any specific lore I should know for that?

yes!! Changelings have now been added to the list of Hybrids.

---- regarding guides ----

Also, are they physical in being? Like can they physically change their clothes and hair and pick up things or are they more like a phantom or ghost? And finally do they age since they were "reborn" or do they appear not to age much past the age which they first died?

great questions! it’s assumed they’re given their second chance right after they die, but they go thru “years” of training in the upper planes before being assigned their first charge. before that, there’s usually a grace period where a younger guide will shadow an older one to get otj training.

physical beings! they can eat, shower, shave, and even have intercourse (tho thats heavily frowned upon). like vampires they do not age and are reborn at the same age they died.

one thing that i forgot to mention is that all guides are “adults” / those younger than 18 aren’t “qualified” to be a guide, and are instead sent to paradise.

Because he is able to shift planes I figured that if the spirit is willing, he could take it to the upper plane.

nope! that's not a part of his "jurisdiction" but he would be able to relay the information to his elders, who would then send the appropriate man for the job. he would definitely be able to see and interact with them, but the upper planes isn't paradise, nor do guides have the capacity to judge souls.

Also, the link between guides and their charges, when a charge dies, what happens to their guide?

in the instant, the psychic-link that connects them will relay the pain of death to the guide, but they themselves are not killed, if that's what you mean. if not, the guide is usually put on probation while his elders investigate what happened, and will either assign new charges, send them back to training, or recycle them (the most extreme option, rarely ever done.)

Also what do you mean by a guide can die if killed by their maker?

so! guides are essentially immortal, save for the few ways that i've already mention, as their bodies will reconstitute (with time) from whatever injury, even if blown up. when their Maker "kills" them, they essentially send their souls in for recycling.

Can an experienced guide have multiple charges? Alternatively, can let's say a really experienced witch have an experienced guide and also a learning guide?

absolutely! it's almost expected of them. there aren't hard and fast "ranks" to guides, but the more charges a guide has, the better he's said to be! and yes absolutely, experienced and talented guides are given newbies who shadow them, to get valuable otj training before given their own charges.

Also, are guides like for life sort of connections if all is well and good or is a guide more like a therapist who is there only for as long as needed until the witch is trusted to never turn evil or whatever?

so the biggest part of being a guide is in its namesake. they are sent to witches, watchers, and future guides-- to help guide them along the noble path of righteousness and good. this includes anything to introducing someone new to the world of the unveiled to simply being on-call healers for experienced witches. as for the therapist question, that would be entirely situational. guides are people too; some are stoic and unaffectionate in normal regards, some are the complete opposite--bubbly to the point of nauseating. so their personality will definitely influence how they go about guiding. for the most part, it's expected of guides to be intermediaries between their charges and those in the upper planes, healers, philosophical teachers, and mentors in the ways of witchery and sorcery, as well as savants of guiding new watchers to be comfortable beyond the veil.

Last edited:

The Undying Hunt | Miri Yelane Rozel
main npc
Born and raised in Pirn, Oregon, Miri Rozel has never left it's protective circles, and feels as though she has no reason to. As a librarian, she has all she could ever want in the hauntingly beautiful three-floored library just south of downtown, and that's where she spends most of her days, catering to both human and unveiled clientele. She enjoys spreading knowledge, and will gladly flow into random, educational tangents, given the opportunity to. The surprisingly easy tempered witch belongs to the Rozel family, a small but powerful line of witches who can trace their ancestry to the founding of Pirn, though they claim to not be related to the Pirn. Although she believes it to be unfounded, as its marked historical on the national registry and protected by generations of magical enchantments and charms, her greatest fear is the Hall of Knowledge being burned or torn down.
writing prompt
oops im not done srry

Just finished reading through the lore page, I love the worldbuilding you've set up! Hope this is the right place to post, haha
if you have a race idea not on the lore page, lemme know and let's brainstorm to see if it'll fit!
I was intrigued by the mentions of fey on a couple of the races - would this work as a playable race? I know there's a lot of fey elements in the plot, so I can understand if it wouldn't work!

Just finished reading through the lore page, I love the worldbuilding you've set up! Hope this is the right place to post, haha

I was intrigued by the mentions of fey on a couple of the races - would this work as a playable race? I know there's a lot of fey elements in the plot, so I can understand if it wouldn't work!

yep, right place to post!

(and shh, sldkfgsldkh, i'm sleeping i swear)

depending upon the type of fey creature yer interested in playing, perhaps! something like a changeling would fall under the hybrid classification (and therefore playable), whereas something more akin to an elf would be a little too hard for me to balance and allow ic. did you have anything specific in mind?

yep, right place to post!

(and shh, sldkfgsldkh, i'm sleeping i swear)

depending upon the type of fey creature yer interested in playing, perhaps! something like a changeling would fall under the hybrid classification (and therefore playable), whereas something more akin to an elf would be a little too hard for me to balance and allow ic. did you have anything specific in mind?
I was definitely thinking more like a changeling - the hybrid template should work fine! Is there any specific lore I should know for that?

yes! i can write up the necessary lore for changelings in the afternoon. for a sneak peek and something to chew on: they’re able to change their physical appearance to that of anyone else at will (though they have an unusual side effect of taking on the personality traits of the person they change into), and have very limited spell casting abilities, usually in the domain of nature.

for now i sleep!! i’ll be happy to answer any more questions later today!

yes! i can write up the necessary lore for changelings tomorrow afternoon. for a sneak peek and something to chew on: they’re able to change their physical appearance to that of anyone else at will (though they have an unusual side effect of taking on the personality traits of the person they change into), and have very limited spell casting abilities, usually in the domain of nature.

for now i sleep!! i’ll be happy to answer any more questions later today!
Sounds great, thank you so much! Sleep well ^_^

This lore is beautiful and a great read to boot. I’ll get to work on my shaman and hopefully have him done by today.

Hmmm, I'm considering doing a character who has been a guide since the 70s, a former paramedic who could have a pc as his charge. Would anyone playing a witch/watcher be interested in being a charge?

Last edited:
listener listener I've got some questions about guides. Is it assumed that they are given that second chance right after they die or can they be dead for a while before a charge comes along?

Also, are they physical in being? Like can they physically change their clothes and hair and pick up things or are they more like a phantom or ghost? And finally do they age since they were "reborn" or do they appear not to age much past the age which they first died?

listener listener I've got some questions about guides. Is it assumed that they are given that second chance right after they die or can they be dead for a while before a charge comes along?

great questions! it’s assumed they’re given their second chance right after they die, but they go thru “years” of training in the upper planes before being assigned their first charge. before that, there’s usually a grace period where a younger guide will shadow an older one to get otj training.

physical beings! they can eat, shower, shave, and even have intercourse (tho thats heavily frowned upon). like vampires they do not age and are reborn at the same age they died.

one thing that i forgot to mention is that all guides are “adults” / those younger than 18 aren’t “qualified” to be a guide, and are instead sent to paradise.

pihu amin
fox-shifter

Pihu Amin, a Bengal fox shifter, has been residing in Pirn since a little after her birth. Her family, a small shifter clan consisting of her mother, aunt, and brother, are also residing with her. She's been through college and after a long stint away, is now back, working under the local vet as a technician. She's a very beautiful girl. She has long, dark brown hair and deep brown skin. Her eyes are light in color, though ever changing between a kaleidoscope of green and blue and hazel. She's short in stature and though well pampered at home, she stays thin through rigorous exercise.

At first glance, Pihu seems cold and aloof, but if you look a little closer you'll just realize she hates talking and is actually a bit socially inept. She's more calculative and observant than rude and hateful. She's also quite cunning, thinking quickly on her feet and trying to predict three moves ahead. One of the reasons she doesn't talk much is because she spends most of her time thinking. Pihu's motivation for most of what she does is curiosity. She always wants to know more of the truth and often will go to extreme lengths to find it. That's not to say she isn't careful, most of her tactics of extracting the truth are through subterfuge and cunning intellectual decisions.

Pihu can feel the eyes on her. It prickles her fur in a way that is different from other things that raise her pelt. She can tell the eyes are waiting, looking, hunting. Is this how prey feels? This innate feeling deep in their soul that alerts and says 'something is wrong'. She's never been hunted before, so she wouldn't know. She has a split second to decide how things will play out. She'd simply been walking through the forest before, but now she's running. Darting through undergrowth on skinny legs and powerful muscles. Pushing forward through sheer will alone. Her big, tall ears swivel like satellites on her head before flattening down so she can scamper her way under raised roots and through fallen logs that have rotted away.

She can hear quick feet dashing behind her. Fast approaching death. Danger on her tail. She doesn't dare turn around to get a look of her killer. She weaves and bobs around the whole forest it feels like, her predator never once faltering. She's not sure how to escape, but that's until she hears a quiet stumble behind her. Here's her chance. She scurries up a tree at the last second, awaiting her pursuer. It's a wolf, twice her size with gray and brown fur. Bone cracks and fur turns to fabric, the wolf, startled, looks above him, into the trees. He has but a second before Pihu descends like a spectre, brown hair flying behind her and landing right on the wolf assassin.

"Who sent you?" the fox-woman demands, a rock in her hand, raised to brain her follower. "I will give you four seconds."

The wolf underneath her cracks his bones and recedes his fur to clothes. He is a being the same as her, she knows. Not only is he a shifter, but he's also a man of cunning intellect. She won't be fooled by the attempt to placate her.

"If you let me go, I'll never return," he promises.

Pihu returns home with blood on her hands.

code by valen t.

pihu amin
fox-shifter

Pihu Amin, a Bengal fox shifter, has been residing in Pirn since a little after her birth. Her family, a small shifter clan consisting of her mother, aunt, and brother, are also residing with her. She's been through college and after a long stint away, is now back, working under the local vet as a technician. She's a very beautiful girl. She has long, dark brown hair and deep brown skin. Her eyes are light in color, though ever changing between a kaleidoscope of green and blue and hazel. She's short in stature and though well pampered at home, she stays thin through rigorous exercise.

At first glance, Pihu seems cold and aloof, but if you look a little closer you'll just realize she hates talking and is actually a bit socially inept. She's more calculative and observant than rude and hateful. She's also quite cunning, thinking quickly on her feet and trying to predict three moves ahead. One of the reasons she doesn't talk much is because she spends most of her time thinking. Pihu's motivation for most of what she does is curiosity. She always wants to know more of the truth and often will go to extreme lengths to find it. That's not to say she isn't careful, most of her tactics of extracting the truth are through subterfuge and cunning intellectual decisions.

Pihu can feel the eyes on her. It prickles her fur in a way that is different from other things that raise her pelt. She can tell the eyes are waiting, looking, hunting. Is this how prey feels? This innate feeling deep in their soul that alerts and says 'something is wrong'. She's never been hunted before, so she wouldn't know. She has a split second to decide how things will play out. She'd simply been walking through the forest before, but now she's running. Darting through undergrowth on skinny legs and powerful muscles. Pushing forward through sheer will alone. Her big, tall ears swivel like satellites on her head before flattening down so she can scamper her way under raised roots and through fallen logs that have rotted away.

She can hear quick feet dashing behind her. Fast approaching death. Danger on her tail. She doesn't dare turn around to get a look of her killer. She weaves and bobs around the whole forest it feels like, her predator never once faltering. She's not sure how to escape, but that's until she hears a quiet stumble behind her. Here's her chance. She scurries up a tree at the last second, awaiting her pursuer. It's a wolf, twice her size with gray and brown fur. Bone cracks and fur turns to fabric, the wolf, startled, looks above him, into the trees. He has but a second before Pihu descends like a spectre, brown hair flying behind her and landing right on the wolf assassin.

"Who sent you?" the fox-woman demands, a rock in her hand, raised to brain her follower. "I will give you four seconds."

The wolf underneath her cracks his bones and recedes his fur to clothes. He is a being the same as her, she knows. Not only is he a shifter, but he's also a man of cunning intellect. She won't be fooled by the attempt to placate her.

"If you let me go, I'll never return," he promises.

Pihu returns home with blood on her hands.

code by valen t.

i like the calculative angle you're going for!! feel free to start workin on a full sheet ((:

"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”

Name: Babettè Ambrosine Eloi
Race: Cambion. Babettè is the offspring of a high ranking demon and a voodoo priestess. Like all cambions Delilah showed no signs of life when she was brought into the world, this continued until she reached the age of seven.

Appearance: It’s quite easy to see that Babettè inherited her mother’s looks. Upon first glance there’s nothing that indicates that she’s a hybrid, a demonic one at that. But if one looks close enough, they’ll see that signs. It’s that way her eyes bleed to black when that side of her is close to the surface and in the sharpness of her teeth, her nails.

Personality: Her mother always told her that she was trouble, that there’s something inside of her that seems to crave a little chaos wherever it goes. That same thing that makes her unpredictable, a wild card even. Babettè has always been the type to toe the line and challenge authorities. She’s not satisfied with being idle, with following the rules, instead she lives to do as she wants, to experience everything that life has to offer. Babettè is the cunning sort, her eyes seem to sparkle with hidden knowledge and for a price people can attempt to get it from her if they choose. She speaks in half truths with her silver tongue, her cards are always pressed against her chest. Others never truly know her intentions and she loves to keep them guessing.

Motivation: For and foremost, Babettè wants to live life to the fullest. She wants to experience and learn all that she can, and perhaps cause a little chaos along the way. There’s a deeper motivation that she as well, some that centers around protecting her family and it’s legacy.

Fear: Above all else, Babettè fears losing her family, her legacy despite how she was treated by many of them.

Prompt: “Drums were beaten in a frenzied pace and the fire roared, growing as if to encourage it. She could feel the heat of it warming her skin, seeping into her very bones and for a moment she felt one with the flames. She did not back away, there was no hesitating as she leaped, letting it consume her fully. Her dance became more frenzied as something came over her. The song she sang echoed within the woods. The loa were listening, watching their subjects as they were called forth. But tonight, blood would be still in an act of justice. A life lost for a life regained. The intended had taken it too far, had laid his hand on the one he’d promised to love and to hold. And so she had come to Babettè with tears in her eyes, but also anger. It would take a single memento and before the sun greeted the horizon, the deed would be done.

So tonight she’s called upon Legba, paid her respect so that he may thin the veil and the being she wanted would hear her pleas. Erzulie Dantor would protect the woman, would seek justice on her behalf. With her veve drawn into the ground and a black pig offered for her services, her client would reap what she has sowed.

Babettè danced until the world around her disappeared, until the flames began to die around her. Her eyes opened, revealing a black holes.”

Abilities:
  • Life-force Absorption - Delilah is able to feed off of the life-force of others through touch. Her feeding usually leaves the target feeling weak, as if their energy is being drained. If she holds on for too long it will result in death. The draining speeds up if she’s been too long without feeding.
  • Supernatural Condition - She’s more durable than humans. Delilah’s senses are enhanced, from her being able to see in the dark to hear things that are far away. Her strength is also enhanced, as well as her stamina, agility, speed, and healing. She can heal from mundane wounds and illnesses with ease, taking up to a few minutes to a few hours. While she is stronger than humans Delilah is not as strong as a full-blooded demon.
  • Magic - As the daughter of a demon and voodoo priestess, magic comes easy to her. Delilah specializes in magic of the left-handed sort, she’s someone who is very knowledgeable about her craft. Delilah has a number of tomes containing knowledge on the different types of spells, rituals, and the like.
  • • Transmutation - Delilah can teleport from one place to another with her mind. In order to do this she needs to have a clear image of the place she wants to teleport in her mind. The only way that she doesn’t need to do this is if she’s being summoned by another with the use of her symbol and the correct incantation.
  • • Hell-Fire Manipulation - Delilah can summon black flames that come straight from the pits of hell. These flames cannot be extinguished by normal means, they can only be put out or repelled by holy items like water and crosses. Her flames cause more damage as they attack both the body and soul, making recovering a slow process. These flames are hard to control, thus Delilah can only summon so much at a time before the strain is too much.

Drawbacks:

• • Holy Objects - Holy Objects have the ability to hurt and kill her depending on how she’s exposed to it. Items like crosses, holy water, and rosaries burn her when they come into contact with her skin. Blessed silver weapons are capable of doing a lot of damage to her body and soul. She is unable to enter churches or any other sacred places, if she’s placed into one she becomes weaker.
  • • Demon’s Circle - Demons are usually summoned with the use of sigils and salt, creating a circle that can trap them in order to force them to do something for the summoner. Delilah is no different and can be summoned using this method. Unless the circle is broken or she’s sent back to wherever she was with the correct phrase she cannot leave the circle. This is why she keeps her symbol and phrase to herself. Only a select few people know of it
  • • Trap Sigil - There are certain symbols that can be placed within an area to trap demons and hybrids. Once stepped in the area, where the circle is above or below them, the being is unable to leave. Delilah can leave a demon circle but it zaps her energy, leaving her extremely drained and in need of replenishing the energy via feeding.
BABETTÈ
AMBROSINE
ELOI.

code by subtle thrill.

"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”

Name: Babettè Ambrosine Eloi
Race: Cambion. Babettè is the offspring of a high ranking demon and a voodoo priestess. Like all cambions Delilah showed no signs of life when she was brought into the world, this continued until she reached the age of seven.

Appearance: It’s quite easy to see that Babettè inherited her mother’s looks. Upon first glance there’s nothing that indicates that she’s a hybrid, a demonic one at that. But if one looks close enough, they’ll see that signs. It’s that way her eyes bleed to black when that side of her is close to the surface and in the sharpness of her teeth, her nails.

Personality: Her mother always told her that she was trouble, that there’s something inside of her that seems to crave a little chaos wherever it goes. That same thing that makes her unpredictable, a wild card even. Babettè has always been the type to toe the line and challenge authorities. She’s not satisfied with being idle, with following the rules, instead she lives to do as she wants, to experience everything that life has to offer. Babettè is the cunning sort, her eyes seem to sparkle with hidden knowledge and for a price people can attempt to get it from her if they choose. She speaks in half truths with her silver tongue, her cards are always pressed against her chest. Others never truly know her intentions and she loves to keep them guessing.

Motivation: For and foremost, Babettè wants to live life to the fullest. She wants to experience and learn all that she can, and perhaps cause a little chaos along the way. There’s a deeper motivation that she as well, some that centers around protecting her family and it’s legacy.

Fear: Above all else, Babettè fears losing her family, her legacy despite how she was treated by many of them.

Prompt: “Drums were beaten in a frenzied pace and the fire roared, growing as if to encourage it. She could feel the heat of it warming her skin, seeping into her very bones and for a moment she felt one with the flames. She did not back away, there was no hesitating as she leaped, letting it consume her fully. Her dance became more frenzied as something came over her. The song she sang echoed within the woods. The loa were listening, watching their subjects as they were called forth. But tonight, blood would be still in an act of justice. A life lost for a life regained. The intended had taken it too far, had laid his hand on the one he’d promised to love and to hold. And so she had come to Babettè with tears in her eyes, but also anger. It would take a single memento and before the sun greeted the horizon, the deed would be done.

So tonight she’s called upon Legba, paid her respect so that he may thin the veil and the being she wanted would hear her pleas. Erzulie Dantor would protect the woman, would seek justice on her behalf. With her veve drawn into the ground and a black pig offered for her services, her client would reap what she has sowed.

Babettè danced until the world around her disappeared, until the flames began to die around her. Her eyes opened, revealing a black holes.”

Abilities:
  • Life-force Absorption - Delilah is able to feed off of the life-force of others through touch. Her feeding usually leaves the target feeling weak, as if their energy is being drained. If she holds on for too long it will result in death. The draining speeds up if she’s been too long without feeding.
  • Supernatural Condition - She’s more durable than humans. Delilah’s senses are enhanced, from her being able to see in the dark to hear things that are far away. Her strength is also enhanced, as well as her stamina, agility, speed, and healing. She can heal from mundane wounds and illnesses with ease, taking up to a few minutes to a few hours. While she is stronger than humans Delilah is not as strong as a full-blooded demon.
  • Magic - As the daughter of a demon and voodoo priestess, magic comes easy to her. Delilah specializes in magic of the left-handed sort, she’s someone who is very knowledgeable about her craft. Delilah has a number of tomes containing knowledge on the different types of spells, rituals, and the like.
  • • Transmutation - Delilah can teleport from one place to another with her mind. In order to do this she needs to have a clear image of the place she wants to teleport in her mind. The only way that she doesn’t need to do this is if she’s being summoned by another with the use of her symbol and the correct incantation.
  • • Hell-Fire Manipulation - Delilah can summon black flames that come straight from the pits of hell. These flames cannot be extinguished by normal means, they can only be put out or repelled by holy items like water and crosses. Her flames cause more damage as they attack both the body and soul, making recovering a slow process. These flames are hard to control, thus Delilah can only summon so much at a time before the strain is too much.

Drawbacks:

• • Holy Objects - Holy Objects have the ability to hurt and kill her depending on how she’s exposed to it. Items like crosses, holy water, and rosaries burn her when they come into contact with her skin. Blessed silver weapons are capable of doing a lot of damage to her body and soul. She is unable to enter churches or any other sacred places, if she’s placed into one she becomes weaker.
  • • Demon’s Circle - Demons are usually summoned with the use of sigils and salt, creating a circle that can trap them in order to force them to do something for the summoner. Delilah is no different and can be summoned using this method. Unless the circle is broken or she’s sent back to wherever she was with the correct phrase she cannot leave the circle. This is why she keeps her symbol and phrase to herself. Only a select few people know of it
  • • Trap Sigil - There are certain symbols that can be placed within an area to trap demons and hybrids. Once stepped in the area, where the circle is above or below them, the being is unable to leave. Delilah can leave a demon circle but it zaps her energy, leaving her extremely drained and in need of replenishing the energy via feeding.
BABETTÈ
AMBROSINE
ELOI.

code by subtle thrill.

i love her already!!! you did a bit more than what the skelly called for, but that's great!! there's some scaling we'll need to work out with a few of her powers, but i'll get back to ya about that once her full cs is up!

EB905BDC-1AAE-47CC-9293-74D3EBC7E79B.jpeg
Ahote Cheveyo
Standing 5ft 9in and weighing in at a mere 155lbs one would not expect Ahote to move like he does or achieve the feats of stamina and strength that he achieves. While far from superhuman he is definitely more like a predatory animal than most would care to admit. Even those of a strong will and a tough constitution find his eyes to be rather piercing to the point of near intimidation. The young Hunter makes up for his lack of size and raw strength with Lithe and defined musculature crisscrossed by the occasional scar, some from his life in the wilderness, others from his studies with his mother, and still others from those who claim themselves hunters.

Characters Snippet
Ahote a name meaning restless one, Cheveyo A name meaning Spirit Warrior, Both equally valid descriptions of the Man in the Woods surrounding Pirn. Yet the man in the woods has at times been a woman, and other times they are more than one. The secret so closely guarded, is the fact that it is not one but an entire family that dwelt there. The Cheveyo family, a Small tribe of Witches descended from the Hopi Indian tribes far to the south. For hundreds of years they have called the forests around Pirn home, even said to have witnessed the towns birth and having made deals in its founding to keep the northern portion of the woods safe from the expanding lumber industries and hunters of the town. At first meetings many often think him to be a common Native American hermit living in the woods out of some ritualistic need for seclusion, a belief that tends to keep those of good sense and kind heart away from his home. However rumors of his hospitality and kindness towards travelers are a bit misguided for it was Ahote’s mother who was kind and welcoming. Ahote himself has learned first hand the consequences of such kindness and as such those who wander into his territories are often steered out without ever meeting the mysterious man. Those who find themselves able to push through the strange and subtle suggestions of the forest to find the man will often be asked to leave and even escorted out if they cannot. However those who will not leave are rarely seen again and with the rate at which people go missing amongst the dense forest few questions are ever asked.

The Residents of Pirn however will know a bit more about the myths than others, Ahote after all has only ever been a joy to the townsfolk. Bringing in rare meats, pelts, and crafts to sell to the local souvenir shop, butchery, and general goods store. A trek he makes daily. Furthermore he has extracted many a lost child or hiker from the woods and explains his living in the dangerous northern parts as an attempt to keep people away from the dangers. Very few who meet the man would guess that he is in fact the danger that lurks there. The Unveiled are among those few and most recognize the mans claim to the northern territories, Shifters most of all as he claims his land to be a sanctuary for them all. Recently he has begun to be viewed as a bit more controversial as he has forbade the spilling of any human blood on his lands claiming it taints the sacred ground and traps those who do not belong there. Something he claims is a fate worse than death, and a Fate he fears will turn the forest and the spirits that dwell therein into darkness, something he fears above all else…nearly all he does is to prevent this outcome.

Writing Prompt

As Ahote made his daily trek through the forest he couldn’t help but enjoy the peace of his surroundings. The fresh smell of the mountain flowers of spring, the sounds of the River water rushing by, and of course the beautifully vibrant landscape just off of the trail which led to the rivers waterfall basin. The crisp cool air of the early morning blew a chilly breeze past him causing him to pull his fur up closer to his neck and it snapped him back to the task at hand, a nice haul of tanned leathers and dried meets for the general store sat in the satchel at his side. He was just about to resume his trek when he noticed movement in his peripheral, a familiar movement, one that did not instill fear but rather anger. After all only a human could make a blur so tall and thin in this wooded area, he knew nearly every creature here and would not be tricked by simple swiftness and hiding. Carefully he gripped the dagger at his waist and silently made his way to the brush he had seen the colorful blur of the person slip behind. Yet he would find nothing aside from the familiar landscape, though he couldn’t quite put his finger on it he certainly felt that something was off. Nonetheless he knew what he had saw and was not about to just leave the man to wander his woods, especially with his own cabin so close.

Another blur crossed his peripheral vision and this time he whirled around and managed to come face to face with the “man”. It was a young man, no older than fifteen but it had a face that was not only familiar to Ahote, but one that immediately filled him with remorse. He knew he was not looking at a normal man and he decided to take his hand off of the knife, it wouldn’t have been useful to him anyway. “I am sorry, you know that right?” Ahote said with obvious pain in his voice. Rather than a response the young mans eyes widened in fear and he turned to run. Ahote know what he was fleeing from but nonetheless he felt himself turning on instinct alone. He could feel as the arrow he had fired so long ago pierced his chest, but as a spectral projectile it dealt no damage to his physical body and continued to fly onward, he again whirled likely looking crazed if any were there to see. He watched in agonizing detail as the arrow struck the young man and he fell into the brush.

With a sigh he went back to the trail, not bothering to seek the spirit, it would do him no good as he knew it was not as it seemed. The young man from thirteen years ago was long dead, his body ritualistically burned to keep his spirit away from the land Ahote’s family has dwelt in for so long. Deep down he knew that this was the Great spirit itself, the source of his families magic, reminding Ahote of why he was bound to serve his duty of the Cheveyo people alone. He had always been told to never let people get past the line of his land, he had always heeded his mother’s warnings as well…until the day he didn’t. He saw himself in that boy and thus he was too busy watching to notice the boy had crossed into the sacred land. When he finally remembered why he was there to begin with it was too late, his shifting made a noise that scared the young man. The young man ran, and Ahote loosed his arrow. It was the search parties and police who would stumble onto their land, and The Young Ahote finally listened to his mother and stayed silent as they took her away for a crime he himself committed. A stark reminder that the world of modern man, and the world the Cheveyo occupy were not meant to be together. Perhaps that was why the great spirit chose now to remind him, he was growing too comfortable selling his goods to the people of Pirn, changed were likely needed but he wondered if he had the resolve to make them…after all while he was never truly alone, he found that he rather enjoyed the company of other human beings be them Unveiled or not.

Artist: Jonathan Stroh

Last edited:
Still working on final edits to weed out grammatical errors but I’m currently at work and have very divided attention so expect the perfected version by tomorrow. Nonetheless it should be easily readable, just more commas than I would like lol.

Also the writing prompt is of his meeting a lost spirit…kinda. I took a few liberties I hope are okay as the spirit is neither lost nor angry but its not supposed to be there and it’s afraid so I hope that is cool.

Also the writing prompt is of his meeting a lost spirit…kinda. I took a few liberties I hope are okay as the spirit is neither lost nor angry but its not supposed to be there and it’s afraid so I hope that is cool.

absolutely!!! i strive to give my players as much creative freedom as possible within the bounds of lore and scalability. always down for someone to take the road unexpected. twas great, too, though it leaves me with a few questions, but i'll get to that ina second!!

View attachment 905744
Ahote Cheveyo
Standing 5ft 9in and weighing in at a mere 155lbs one would not expect Ahote to move like he does or achieve the feats of stamina and strength that he achieves. While far from superhuman he is definitely more like a predatory animal than most would care to admit. Even those of a strong will and a tough constitution find his eyes to be rather piercing to the point of near intimidation. The young Hunter makes up for his lack of size and raw strength with Lithe and defined musculature crisscrossed by the occasional scar, some from his life in the wilderness, others from his studies with his mother, and still others from those who claim themselves hunters.

Characters Snippet
Ahote a name meaning restless one, Cheveyo A name meaning Spirit Warrior, Both equally valid descriptions of the Man in the Woods surrounding Pirn. Yet the man in the woods has at times been a woman, and other times they are more than one. The secret so closely guarded, is the fact that it is not one but an entire family that dwelt there. The Cheveyo family, a Small tribe of Witches descended from the Hopi Indian tribes far to the south. For hundreds of years they have called the forests around Pirn home, even said to have witnessed the towns birth and having made deals in its founding to keep the northern portion of the woods safe from the expanding lumber industries and hunters of the town. At first meetings many often think him to be a common Native American hermit living in the woods out of some ritualistic need for seclusion, a belief that tends to keep those of good sense and kind heart away from his home. However rumors of his hospitality and kindness towards travelers are a bit misguided for it was Ahote’s mother who was kind and welcoming. Ahote himself has learned first hand the consequences of such kindness and as such those who wander into his territories are often steered out without ever meeting the mysterious man. Those who find themselves able to push through the strange and subtle suggestions of the forest to find the man will often be asked to leave and even escorted out if they cannot. However those who will not leave are rarely seen again and with the rate at which people go missing amongst the dense forest few questions are ever asked.

The Residents of Pirn however will know a bit more about the myths than others, Ahote after all has only ever been a joy to the townsfolk. Bringing in rare meats, pelts, and crafts to sell to the local souvenir shop, butchery, and general goods store. A trek he makes daily. Furthermore he has extracted many a lost child or hiker from the woods and explains his living in the dangerous northern parts as an attempt to keep people away from the dangers. Very few who meet the man would guess that he is in fact the danger that lurks there. The Unveiled are among those few and most recognize the mans claim to the northern territories, Shifters most of all as he claims his land to be a sanctuary for them all. Recently he has begun to be viewed as a bit more controversial as he has forbade the spilling of any human blood on his lands claiming it taints the sacred ground and traps those who do not belong there. Something he claims is a fate worse than death, and a Fate he fears will turn the forest and the spirits that dwell therein into darkness, something he fears above all else…nearly all he does is to prevent this outcome.

Writing Prompt

As Ahote made his daily trek through the forest he couldn’t help but enjoy the peace of his surroundings. The fresh smell of the mountain flowers of spring, the sounds of the River water rushing by, and of course the beautifully vibrant landscape just off of the trail which led to the rivers waterfall basin. The crisp cool air of the early morning blew a chilly breeze past him causing him to pull his fur up closer to his neck and it snapped him back to the task at hand, a nice haul of tanned leathers and dried meets for the general store sat in the satchel at his side. He was just about to resume his trek when he noticed movement in his peripheral, a familiar movement, one that did not instill fear but rather anger. After all only a human could make a blur so tall and thin in this wooded area, he knew nearly every creature here and would not be tricked by simple swiftness and hiding. Carefully he gripped the dagger at his waist and silently made his way to the brush he had seen the colorful blur of the person slip behind. Yet he would find nothing aside from the familiar landscape, though he couldn’t quite put his finger on it he certainly felt that something was off. Nonetheless he knew what he had saw and was not about to just leave the man to wander his woods, especially with his own cabin so close.

Another blur crossed his peripheral vision and this time he whirled around and managed to come face to face with the “man”. It was a young man, no older than fifteen but it had a face that was not only familiar to Ahote, but one that immediately filled him with remorse. He knew he was not looking at a normal man and he decided to take his hand off of the knife, it wouldn’t have been useful to him anyway. “I am sorry, you know that right?” Ahote said with obvious pain in his voice. Rather than a response the young mans eyes widened in fear and he turned to run. Ahote know what he was fleeing from but nonetheless he felt himself turning on instinct alone. He could feel as the arrow he had fired so long ago pierced his chest, but as a spectral projectile it dealt no damage to his physical body and continued to fly onward, he again whirled likely looking crazed if any were there to see. He watched in agonizing detail as the arrow struck the young man and he fell into the brush.

With a sigh he went back to the trail, not bothering to seek the spirit, it would do him no good as he knew it was not as it seemed. The young man from thirteen years ago was long dead, his body ritualistically burned to keep his spirit away from the land Ahote’s family has dwelt in for so long. Deep down he knew that this was the Great spirit itself, the source of his families magic, reminding Ahote of why he was bound to serve his duty of the Cheveyo people alone. He had always been told to never let people get past the line of his land, he had always heeded his mother’s warnings as well…until the day he didn’t. He saw himself in that boy and thus he was too busy watching to notice the boy had crossed into the sacred land. When he finally remembered why he was there to begin with it was too late, his shifting made a noise that scared the young man. The young man ran, and Ahote loosed his arrow. It was the search parties and police who would stumble onto their land, and The Young Ahote finally listened to his mother and stayed silent as they took her away for a crime he himself committed. A stark reminder that the world of modern man, and the world the Cheveyo occupy were not meant to be together. Perhaps that was why the great spirit chose now to remind him, he was growing too comfortable selling his goods to the people of Pirn, changed were likely needed but he wondered if he had the resolve to make them…after all while he was never truly alone, he found that he rather enjoyed the company of other human beings be them Unveiled or not.

Artist: Jonathan Stroh

ok there are a few things i wanna touch on right off the bat!!! the vibe he's giving off is currently much more shifter-like than witch. even in the snippet you wrote, it seemed almost instinctual for him to reach for his blade than call upon his magic, which-- granted, he believed it to be someone trespassing, but it would make much more (instinctual) sense (lethal or otherwise) for a spell to be cast. it's not a bad thing, but something i urge you to consider, as you even describe him to be like a predatory animal and a "hunter" on multiple occasions, and thats somewhat of a shifter "profession" (though thats on me, bc i haven't finished posting all the lore), and mention him offering his land as a sanctuary for shifters.

the other important thing i wanna touch on, is that if ahote is killing a substantial amount of people, there will be significant consequences from the unveiled council that governs pirn! so the beloved by the townsfolk aspect would more than likely have to be dropped (or his charisma vs humans is a fat 20? ) depending on how you wanna go with things.

i also know next to nothing about native american culture except for stuff that i've read here and there and experienced at pow wows kdjsfgksdjfg and while this is definitely a magical world (based upon our own), i don't want things to fall too hard into tokenisms or generalizations. you mention him being the typical native hermit in the woods, but i would challenge you to expand upon that in your full sheet. give even his false reasoning or cover story for living out there some depth! perhaps to the locals he and his family are a private animal rescue (due to all the shifters on his property) or perhaps he's known as a die-hard conservationist of local wildlife, who butt heads with the local pirn government so keen on expanding their nature trails for tourism gains.

overall tho i think you have a pretty solid start! feel free to shoot me his bg and whatever is goin on in da woods whenever you have time!!

and ye!! dw, rl comes first, do what u gotta, and we'll be here when yer done. ((:

absolutely!!! i strive to give my players as much creative freedom as possible within the bounds of lore and scalability. always down for someone to take the road unexpected. twas great, too, though it leaves me with a few questions, but i'll get to that ina second!!

ok there are a few things i wanna touch on right off the bat!!! the vibe he's giving off is currently much more shifter-like than witch. even in the snippet you wrote, it seemed almost instinctual for him to reach for his blade than call upon his magic, which-- granted, he believed it to be someone trespassing, but it would make much more (instinctual) sense (lethal or otherwise) for a spell to be cast. it's not a bad thing, but something i urge you to consider, as you even describe him to be like a predatory animal and a "hunter" on multiple occasions, and thats somewhat of a shifter "profession" (though thats on me, bc i haven't finished posting all the lore), and mention him offering his land as a sanctuary for shifters.

the other important thing i wanna touch on, is that if ahote is killing a substantial amount of people, there will be significant consequences from the unveiled council that governs pirn! so the beloved by the townsfolk aspect would more than likely have to be dropped (or his charisma vs humans is a fat 20? ) depending on how you wanna go with things.

i also know next to nothing about native american culture except for stuff that i've read here and there and experienced at pow wows kdjsfgksdjfg and while this is definitely a magical world (based upon our own), i don't want things to fall too hard into tokenisms or generalizations. you mention him being the typical native hermit in the woods, but i would challenge you to expand upon that in your full sheet. give even his false reasoning or cover story for living out there some depth! perhaps to the locals he and his family are a private animal rescue (due to all the shifters on his property) or perhaps he's known as a die-hard conservationist of local wildlife, who butt heads with the local pirn government so keen on expanding their nature trails for tourism gains.

overall tho i think you have a pretty solid start! feel free to shoot me his bg and whatever is goin on in da woods whenever you have time!!

and ye!! dw, rl comes first, do what u gotta, and we'll be here when yer done. ((:
He is certainly more natural based than most magic users but the knife & bow he uses are like wands. I would best compare him to a channeler. He lets spirits of his ancestors guide his arrows, he projects his mind into animals, speak to local fauna, Communes with the dead that sort of thing. I intend for him to be a more ritual and spirit based magic user meaning if he hasn’t prepared spells ahead of time he will likely have to rely upon his weapons which he is rather proficient with. I could make him a hybrid of Shifter and witch that would explain a lot of the confusions and would explain why his magic works more like that of a practitioner rather than like that of a Wizard or Naturally born witch.

As for the killings not so much on the quantity, hikers and campers do go missing…but I was attributing most of those to the vampire, shifter, and dangerous wildlife populations. The only Human he has ever killed was that boy whose ghost he saw, and doing so causes the authorities to take his mother as she took the fall, not hard to do since she made the arrows he used at the time.

as for the stereotypes I totally hear you, he will have a few things that seem cliche for sure as that’s next to impossible to avoid. Feathers after all are a stereotype but that are not inaccurate. I can only promise to do my best to display them in a way that does justice both to the people he is a part of and to the individual character himself…but yes there will be ample other juicy tidbits to cover in the main sheet and perhaps you could help me properly place him as there are a few things I feel may blur the lines a little bit but would not go against the lore you have made if I read it correctly.

awesome amount of feedback though, I’ll get the main sheet to you by this time tomorrow.

He is certainly more natural based than most magic users but the knife & bow he uses are like wands. I would best compare him to a channeler. He lets spirits of his ancestors guide his arrows, he projects his mind into animals, speak to local fauna, Communes with the dead that sort of thing. I intend for him to be a more ritual and spirit based magic user meaning if he hasn’t prepared spells ahead of time he will likely have to rely upon his weapons which he is rather proficient with. I could make him a hybrid of Shifter and witch that would explain a lot of the confusions and would explain why his magic works more like that of a practitioner rather than like that of a Wizard or Naturally born witch.

As for the killings not so much on the quantity, hikers and campers do go missing…but I was attributing most of those to the vampire, shifter, and dangerous wildlife populations. The only Human he has ever killed was that boy whose ghost he saw, and doing so causes the authorities to take his mother as she took the fall, not hard to do since she made the arrows he used at the time.

as for the stereotypes I totally hear you, he will have a few things that seem cliche for sure as that’s next to impossible to avoid. Feathers after all are a stereotype but that are not inaccurate. I can only promise to do my best to display them in a way that does justice both to the people he is a part of and to the individual character himself…but yes there will be ample other juicy tidbits to cover in the main sheet and perhaps you could help me properly place him as there are a few things I feel may blur the lines a little bit but would not go against the lore you have made if I read it correctly.

awesome amount of feedback though, I’ll get the main sheet to you by this time tomorrow.

ah okay!! him being a witch practitioner makes a lot more sense than a witch! in that case i would recommend double checking both shifter and hybrid (for wp and the bits to add to your full sheet). and thanks for clarifying!! we can discuss more in pms.

and no problem!!! i think constructive feedback is important for rps, thanks for clarifying kindly.

Still looking for a charge (witch or watcher) for James! Feel free to reply to this and/or pm me if you are interested in that!

MOOD: Unbothered

OUTFIT: A well-loved pair of jeans and a dull grey t-shirt.

two
INTERACTIONS: TBD

MENTIONS: TBD
two
TAGS: TBD
two
TL;DR: James Smith has been a guide for over 40 years and is basically a sweetheart with a greenthumb and a past he doesn't mention.
two
James Smith

James Smith was a human turned Guide in 1976 at just 26, he was an independent medic killed while trying to find anyone who might have been left behind in a protest gone violent. The incident was over 40 years ago now, and it left the man on a path he already knew he needed to be on. Trained to become a guide, he took to it with a fire in his heart. In time he came to have several charges over the years, he came to be well and truly comfortable with his abilities and shortcomings all in the same. James is a straight laced man at first glance, the rules of his elders were understandable considering the payoff. As one might expect of an immortal, his demeanor is calm and perhaps even intimidating to those who don't see the warmth behind his eyes. His smile something that could make even an old hag blush a little.

When James isn't with one of his charges, he enjoys gardening and even helps out regularly at the local schools. He is a pillar of stability for anyone who needs or wants to steady themselves. The local kids make him eager to see how the future might be different. In every regard, he was just another man doing his best with what he had and has. He found his purpose in keeping people alive and keeping them on the right path. It figures that even in death he still walks the tight rope of helping and healing. The terror of being completely helpless to save someone he could have, pushing him to be better.

WRITING PROMPT

Places that usually held the hustle and bustle of so many people had a way of clinging to that energy even when the space had come to a stand still. James didn't mind it, although he had found it unsettling for a number of years. But today was a bit different, as he made his way out into a little garden on a highschool campus. He knew something wasn't quite right. This much he found to be true as the sounds of frustrated cries wobbling through the air became louder and louder. James approached around the corner to see a crouched figure facing away from him and looking at one of his newer rhododendron bushes. The figure wasn't all there.

"Hey there, what's goin' on?" He asked gently as he approached just a little more. Trying to determine the age of this figure. Though they seemed to be some sort of spirit so who could really say. The figure screamed out and turned to face him, a young boy. A pair of garden shears flew through the air at James at a horrific speed. Not that it would find purchase as James' physicality scattered into what seemed to be dust. Within the moment, he reappeared beside the boy, sitting there with his hands propping him up as he leaned back and looked over at the boy. "There is no need to do all that. I'll play your games, but I just want to let you know. I don't play fair." He gave a cheeky grin and winked as the kid stared at him, no longer crying.

The spirit sneered at him before disappearing, a long sigh escaping his chest as he was left all alone. Can't help everyone James. He pushed himself up onto his feet, grateful for his unaging body as it got him up with relative ease. Only scar tissue still stiffened him up a bit and his old soul still seemed to limp a bit with the old scars from a past life. He had too much to do to linger on such things though. His gardens were very needy this time of year afterall. He would bring up the lingering spirit to someone sooner rather than later. Would be troublesome if it reappeared and hurt someone who wasn't so quick to vanish into thin air.
"I wonder if I'll live long enough to forget where I began."
code by valen t.

Still looking for a charge (witch or watcher) for James! Feel free to reply to this and/or pm me if you are interested in that!

MOOD: Unbothered

OUTFIT: A well-loved pair of jeans and a dull grey t-shirt.

two
INTERACTIONS: TBD

MENTIONS: TBD
two
TAGS: TBD
two
TL;DR: James Smith has been a guide for over 40 years and is basically a sweetheart with a greenthumb and a past he doesn't mention.
two
James Smith

James Smith was a human turned Guide in 1976 at just 26, he was an independent medic killed while trying to find anyone who might have been left behind in a protest gone violent. The incident was over 40 years ago now, and it left the man on a path he already knew he needed to be on. Trained to become a guide, he took to it with a fire in his heart. In time he came to have several charges over the years, he came to be well and truly comfortable with his abilities and shortcomings all in the same. James is a straight laced man at first glance, the rules of his elders were understandable considering the payoff. As one might expect of an immortal, his demeanor is calm and perhaps even intimidating to those who don't see the warmth behind his eyes. His smile something that could make even an old hag blush a little.

When James isn't with one of his charges, he enjoys gardening and even helps out regularly at the local schools. He is a pillar of stability for anyone who needs or wants to steady themselves. The local kids make him eager to see how the future might be different. In every regard, he was just another man doing his best with what he had and has. He found his purpose in keeping people alive and keeping them on the right path. It figures that even in death he still walks the tight rope of helping and healing. The terror of being completely helpless to save someone he could have, pushing him to be better.

WRITING PROMPT

Places that usually held the hustle and bustle of so many people had a way of clinging to that energy even when the space had come to a stand still. James didn't mind it, although he had found it unsettling for a number of years. But today was a bit different, as he made his way out into a little garden on a highschool campus. He knew something wasn't quite right. This much he found to be true as the sounds of frustrated cries wobbling through the air became louder and louder. James approached around the corner to see a crouched figure facing away from him and looking at one of his newer rhododendron bushes. The figure wasn't all there.

"Hey there, what's goin' on?" He asked gently as he approached just a little more. Trying to determine the age of this figure. Though they seemed to be some sort of spirit so who could really say. The figure screamed out and turned to face him, a young boy. A pair of garden shears flew through the air at James at a horrific speed. Not that it would find purchase as James' physicality scattered into what seemed to be dust. Within the moment, he reappeared beside the boy, sitting there with his hands propping him up as he leaned back and looked over at the boy. "There is no need to do all that. I'll play your games, but I just want to let you know. I don't play fair." He gave a cheeky grin and winked as the kid stared at him, no longer crying.

The spirit sneered at him before disappearing, a long sigh escaping his chest as he was left all alone. Can't help everyone James. He pushed himself up onto his feet, grateful for his unaging body as it got him up with relative ease. Only scar tissue still stiffened him up a bit and his old soul still seemed to limp a bit with the old scars from a past life. He had too much to do to linger on such things though. His gardens were very needy this time of year afterall. He would bring up the lingering spirit to someone sooner rather than later. Would be troublesome if it reappeared and hurt someone who wasn't so quick to vanish into thin air.
"I wonder if I'll live long enough to forget where I began."
code by valen t.

lovin it!! any char with a purty smile gets me // feel free to start workin on yer full cs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back