• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Undying Hunt | OOC & SU

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
<3 tysm!!! 🥺✨

and the shtick with watchers is that they’re essentially magical humans. on the lore page, i described that some watchers are humans (or human families) that have been either blessed or cursed by otherworldly beings. (which is the second way to become a watcher)

said curse or blessing is entirely up to the creator of the character! i might suggest some edits here or there to help scale things, but i like givin my players as much freedom to create as possible!

So they'd have some form of magical prowess (up to our imagination within reason) but given that they're humans, physically they remain as capable as one, unless their 'blessing' gives them an advantage physically?

So they'd have some form of magical prowess (up to our imagination within reason) but given that they're humans, physically they remain as capable as one, unless their 'blessing' gives them an advantage physically?

yep!! they almost always have a guide too, so that mitigates a little bit of their physical “handicap” in regards to other races.

yep!! they almost always have a guide too, so that mitigates a little bit of their physical “handicap” in regards to other races.
got it! I'll try to think up something by end of tomorrow, it's really late here and I need to sleep. If that's approved then hopefully I can get in a complete CS the day after.

• NATHAN FLETCHER

who did that to you ?

john legend

overview (wip).

L

1-2 paragraph audit of your character. please include their name, race, physical appearance, first-glance personality traits, occupation, and what motivates and fears them.

writing prompt: please choose from one of the three prompts and write through the eyes of your character. have fun with this! use this as a guide to feel your character out and see if you jive with them! ~300 words is fine.

prompts

your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?
    02. an assassin has been sent after your character. they're aware of this and how he's about to leap from the shadows. what ensues?
    03. your character must (create, perform, or halt) a ritual. how do they do it?

name

Nathaniel Fletcher

alias

nathan, nate,

thirty-one

race

watcher

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

• NATHAN FLETCHER

who did that to you ?

john legend

overview (wip).

L

1-2 paragraph audit of your character. please include their name, race, physical appearance, first-glance personality traits, occupation, and what motivates and fears them.

writing prompt: please choose from one of the three prompts and write through the eyes of your character. have fun with this! use this as a guide to feel your character out and see if you jive with them! ~300 words is fine.

prompts

your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?
    02. an assassin has been sent after your character. they're aware of this and how he's about to leap from the shadows. what ensues?
    03. your character must (create, perform, or halt) a ritual. how do they do it?

name

Nathaniel Fletcher

alias

nathan, nate,

thirty-five

race

watcher

♡coded by uxie♡

be sure to @ me when yer skelly sheet is complete <3

the undying hunt
bulletin board

hey yall! it's me again!

since i was a bit late on releasing the extra lore i promised and we're a bit shy on the number of characters I need, ima go ahead and set a final, hard deadline on character entries. wednesday, august 25th will be the final day i will accept character sheets for the undying hunt!

depending on how many characters we get in and how many make it thru the process, i may need to tweak areas of the narrative, but that's ok! i'm excited to get things going! expect an invite to the discord sometime late wednesday/early thursday, and from there we'll spend a few days hammering out prior relationships before i get us going!

ideally, i'd like to post the introduction by next saturday!

if you have any questions, concerns, or you just don't quite know where to begin, shoot me a pm or ask here!! (:

hey everyone!! i’m loving the cs’ that have come in so far, you guys are giving me so much to work with! i love it!!!

to keep things rolling, i’m going to go ahead and set a soft deadline for saturday, august 21st, for character entries. (as long as a full sheet is turned in before i wake up sunday, i’ll go over it!) the selection process will happen sunday afternoon, and a discord invite will be sent out via pm.

some extra lore will be posted sometime tomorrow evening!! i'm hoping it'll help set the stage for the world i'm envisioning and round out prerequisite knowledge of what's happening in the world.

listener listener Skelley issa done! Hope it's okay D= I took some... 'liberties' especially with the writing prompt.

The Undying Hunt | Colette Delafaux | Watcher | 25 | Brunette

An outsider who'd found her home.

Colette was never from Pirn, at least as far as she knew. Her budding years were spent in an orphanage in the bustling city of Balerush more than halfway across the state from Pirn; though her life was anything but budding. Chance circumstance gave her a new lease in life and she broke free of her shackles and found herself in the City of Pirn where she has lived in for the past 8 years.

A carefree spirit with a double dose of snark, Colette is fiercely independent and would go out of her way to avoid being given help. This is due in part to her having to fend for herself prematurely and the fact that she knows she has an inexplicable compulsion to go out of her way for people who has helped her; even if she loathes it. Her circle of friends is tiny, though she knows better than to have anything less than a buttload of acquaintances who call her 'friend'. She lives a very modest life, working as a waitress at a high-end fine dining establishment in the affluent parts of Pirn where she dreams of owning her own cafe one day and being rid of the 'curse' of a 'blessing' that was bequeathed to her.

Coming to Pirn seemed more than a simple rite-of-passage for a young Colette. More than your standard runaway seeking refuge and leaving a harrowing past behind. It was also at Pirn where she was blessed by an entity of Light which gave her the ability to see the unseen, and even the burning light of sacrament which she constantly feels roiling in her heart. She wasn't dumb. She knew what she'd been given was something extraordinary. Powerful.

But a small part of her rejected it. Perhaps it is because of that that she'll never quite get a hold of her true calling.
writing prompt
For the fifth time that night Colette cursed herself for having the audacity to fall sick a week ago. The last Friday of the month to be exact. It meant that Hailey had to come in on her day off to cover for her. Which in turn meant that she'd have to take Hailey's shift to work on the first Friday of the month where all the usual salary splurgers would pop in to spend half their monthly wage in an effort to eat above their pay grade. Usually she didn't mind except that the maitre d seemed to have woken up on the floor and had been on her ass the whole evening.

So it was that by the time she was done with the extra cleaning up duty she was second to last to leave the Le Duchamp. She'd retrieved her coat and changed her heals into more comfortable flats before pushing open the glass double doors of the fine dining establishment. A gust of cold autumn air greeted her, catching a lock of her brunette hair across her face.

"I'll see you tomorrow night Gaston, thanks for waiting up!" She turned briefly to call over her shoulder to the middle-aged chef de cuisine who smiled at her from behind the counter, "Bonne soirée Colette."

It was at that time of the season where the night breeze was just cold enough to make it a pleasant night to be out walking if you had a coat on. Colette briefly considered taking the longer route back to her modest apartment but quickly muted the idea as she'd been completely exhausted from her work. She soon settled into a comfortable brisk walk, losing her thoughts into the cool night air as the only sound in that still night was the tap of her heels on the pavement. As she neared the halfway point of her way home, a pedestrian tunnel underpass about fifty meters long, the thing she'd dreaded more than a bitchy maitre d assailed her uninvited.

Danger. . . A soft whisper teased the limits of her hearing. The first time it had happened, she'd jumped out of her skin. Now years later and damningly conditioned by countless mental sucker punches, she still jumped out of her skin, albeit with a straight face; improvement at least. The hairs on the nape of her neck stood at attention as a prickly invisible spider crawled its way up her spine. Colette let out a long-suffering sigh as her footsteps ground to a halt a score yards from the underpass. She could see the street lights from the other end beckoning to her. The funny thing about St. Celeste's (reader's note: St. Celeste was just a name Colette had given the 'voice in her head'. It had neither denied nor acknowledged it.) warnings was that it often seemed to edge her in the direction of said danger. It was almost as if it were a call to battle, rather than a cautionary alarm. Azure irises narrowed in the direction of the dark tunnel as she thought she saw something move within the shadowed alcoves. A darkness darker than black. The push was strong and she'd already begun to feel the Light within her stirring. But with an almost casual huff, Colette swivelled on the balls of her feet and turned the other way. The long route home tonight it seemed.

It annoyed her.

She never asked for this. She wouldn't lie and say the Light did nothing for her. From the moment she had it, it almost seemed like everything she put her heart into eventually blossomed. Especially if she'd meant well. But it almost felt like she was asked to take a burning lamp into a cave of nightmares. Like moths to a flame, she'd begun to see things that kept her awake at night on bad days or waking up screaming with cold sweat drenching her nightgown on worse ones. What's worse, St. Celeste appeared to be driving her towards each of these encounters while every ounce of her being wanted to stay away. It didn't matter, not tonight at least. She'd walked the other way and those things never followed, they always-

Danger. . . The whisper fluttered by again. For the second time that night, her footsteps were abruptly halted. Her eyes scanned her surroundings hoping to find the source of the disruption- Danger. . . It was loud. Almost like someone spoke directly into her ear. Colette startled and turned just as a gale of wind billowed down the cobbled alleyway in the direction she'd come from. Something flitted between the shadowed trees. Too quick for her eyes to follow.

Ready. . . get ready. . . Blood had begun to pump in her ears as a blazing heat coursed through her core. Fear and resolute courage vied for control. Ready. . . get ready. . . It was almost like a chant, an excited battle cry, a heady disorientating call that made her world spin. She clenched her teeth and turned her back, resolutely trying to walk away as if by doing so it would simply ignore her, "Ready. . . get ready. . ."

"No, I will not!" But whatever came for her didn't care. She felt a burning sensation from her palms as an unearthly screech careened towards her and in that moment, something took hold of her body. She felt as if her soul was split in two, one side watching from the sidelines as the girl who looked like Colette turned to face the oncoming creature of darkness, eyes ablaze in dazzling warm white light, blessed wisps of light flung from her hands at a swirling mass of shadow. Another bone-shaking screech, then-

She awoke with a start, back drenched in cold sweat and chest heaving as if she'd just run for miles. Colette covered her eyes with her palms as she bent over, suddenly very aware of an ache in her right rib. There was a metallic tinge in her mouth. On shaky limbs, she pulled herself from her couch and shuffled over to the bathroom, flipping the light on. The girl that stared back at her from the mirror was a mess. Bloodied and bruised lip, dull exhausted blue eyes.

Should not have run. . . The darned whisper came.

It was one of those nights. Maybe she'd have to call in sick again.

Okay, so maybe I kinda stretched the definition of 'assassin' and wrote more about the exposition than the actual event but I hope this is okay. Please excuse the kinda abrupt ending but I didn't want this to go on for too long that it already was and bore you guys with my writing. But I thought this would be a good enough writing prompt for readers to get a feel for my character. If I need to rewrite it do let me know! ^3^

Edit: also plis excuse the horrible typos which are bound to be there x.x I wanted to get something out as quick as pos. and haven't proofread.

Last edited:
listener listener Skelley issa done! Hope it's okay D= I took some... 'liberties' especially with the writing prompt.

The Undying Hunt | Colette Delafaux | Watcher | 25 | Brunette

An outsider who'd found her home.

Colette was never from Pirn, at least as far as she knew. Her budding years were spent in an orphanage in the bustling city of Balerush more than halfway across the state from Pirn; though her life was anything but budding. Chance circumstance gave her a new lease in life and she broke free of her shackles and found herself in the City of Pirn where she has lived in for the past 8 years.

A carefree spirit with a double dose of snark, Colette is fiercely independent and would go out of her way to avoid being given help. This is due in part to her having to fend for herself prematurely and the fact that she knows she has an inexplicable compulsion to go out of her way for people who has helped her; even if she loathes it. Her circle of friends is tiny, though she knows better than to have anything less than a buttload of acquaintances who call her 'friend'. She lives a very modest life, working as a waitress at a high-end fine dining establishment in the affluent parts of Pirn where she dreams of owning her own cafe one day and being rid of the 'curse' of a 'blessing' that was bequeathed to her.

Coming to Pirn seemed more than a simple rite-of-passage for a young Colette. More than your standard runaway seeking refuge and leaving a harrowing past behind. It was also at Pirn where she was blessed by an entity of Light which gave her the ability to see the unseen, and even the burning light of sacrament which she constantly feels roiling in her heart. She wasn't dumb. She knew what she'd been given was something extraordinary. Powerful.

But a small part of her rejected it. Perhaps it is because of that that she'll never quite get a hold of her true calling.
writing prompt
For the fifth time that night Colette cursed herself for having the audacity to fall sick a week ago. The last Friday of the month to be exact. It meant that Hailey had to come in on her day off to cover for her. Which in turn meant that she'd have to take Hailey's shift to work on the first Friday of the month where all the usual salary splurgers would pop in to spend half their monthly wage in an effort to eat above their pay grade. Usually she didn't mind except that the maitre d seemed to have woken up on the floor and had been on her ass the whole evening.

So it was that by the time she was done with the extra cleaning up duty she was second to last to leave the Le Duchamp. She'd retrieved her coat and changed her heals into more comfortable flats before pushing open the glass double doors of the fine dining establishment. A gust of cold autumn air greeted her, catching a lock of her brunette hair across her face.

"I'll see you tomorrow night Gaston, thanks for waiting up!" She turned briefly to call over her shoulder to the middle-aged chef de cuisine who smiled at her from behind the counter, "Bonne soirée Colette."

It was at that time of the season where the night breeze was just cold enough to make it a pleasant night to be out walking if you had a coat on. Colette briefly considered taking the longer route back to her modest apartment but quickly muted the idea as she'd been completely exhausted from her work. She soon settled into a comfortable brisk walk, losing her thoughts into the cool night air as the only sound in that still night was the tap of her heels on the pavement. As she neared the halfway point of her way home, a pedestrian tunnel underpass about fifty meters long, the thing she'd dreaded more than a bitchy maitre d assailed her uninvited.

Danger. . . A soft whisper teased the limits of her hearing. The first time it had happened, she'd jumped out of her skin. Now years later and damningly conditioned by countless mental sucker punches, she still jumped out of her skin, albeit with a straight face; improvement at least. The hairs on the nape of her neck stood at attention as a prickly invisible spider crawled its way up her spine. Colette let out a long-suffering sigh as her footsteps ground to a halt a score yards from the underpass. She could see the street lights from the other end beckoning to her. The funny thing about St. Celeste's (reader's note: St. Celeste was just a name Colette had given the 'voice in her head'. It had neither denied nor acknowledged it.) warnings was that it often seemed to edge her in the direction of said danger. It was almost as if it were a call to battle, rather than a cautionary alarm. Azure irises narrowed in the direction of the dark tunnel as she thought she saw something move within the shadowed alcoves. A darkness darker than black. The push was strong and she'd already begun to feel the Light within her stirring. But with an almost casual huff, Colette swivelled on the balls of her feet and turned the other way. The long route home tonight it seemed.

It annoyed her.

She never asked for this. She wouldn't lie and say the Light did nothing for her. From the moment she had it, it almost seemed like everything she put her heart into eventually blossomed. Especially if she'd meant well. But it almost felt like she was asked to take a burning lamp into a cave of nightmares. Like moths to a flame, she'd begun to see things that kept her awake at night on bad days or waking up screaming with cold sweat drenching her nightgown on worse ones. What's worse, St. Celeste appeared to be driving her towards each of these encounters while every ounce of her being wanted to stay away. It didn't matter, not tonight at least. She'd walked the other way and those things never followed, they always-

Danger. . . The whisper fluttered by again. For the second time that night, her footsteps were abruptly halted. Her eyes scanned her surroundings hoping to find the source of the disruption- Danger. . . It was loud. Almost like someone spoke directly into her ear. Colette startled and turned just as a gale of wind billowed down the cobbled alleyway in the direction she'd come from. Something flitted between the shadowed trees. Too quick for her eyes to follow.

Ready. . . get ready. . . Blood had begun to pump in her ears as a blazing heat coursed through her core. Fear and resolute courage vied for control. Ready. . . get ready. . . It was almost like a chant, an excited battle cry, a heady disorientating call that made her world spin. She clenched her teeth and turned her back, resolutely trying to walk away as if by doing so it would simply ignore her, "Ready. . . get ready. . ."

"No, I will not!" But whatever came for her didn't care. She felt a burning sensation from her palms as an unearthly screech careened towards her and in that moment, something took hold of her body. She felt as if her soul was split in two, one side watching from the sidelines as the girl who looked like Colette turned to face the oncoming creature of darkness, eyes ablaze in dazzling warm white light, blessed wisps of light flung from her hands at a swirling mass of shadow. Another bone-shaking screech, then-

She awoke with a start, back drenched in cold sweat and chest heaving as if she'd just run for miles. Colette covered her eyes with her palms as she bent over, suddenly very aware of an ache in her right rib. There was a metallic tinge in her mouth. On shaky limbs, she pulled herself from her couch and shuffled over to the bathroom, flipping the light on. The girl that stared back at her from the mirror was a mess. Bloodied and bruised lip, dull exhausted blue eyes.

Should not have run. . . The darned whisper came.

It was one of those nights. Maybe she'd have to call in sick again.

Okay, so maybe I kinda stretched the definition of 'assassin' and wrote more about the exposition than the actual event but I hope this is okay. Please excuse the kinda abrupt ending but I didn't want this to go on for too long that it already was and bore you guys with my writing. But I thought this would be a good enough writing prompt for readers to get a feel for my character. If I need to rewrite it do let me know! ^3^

Edit: also plis excuse the horrible typos which are bound to be there x.x I wanted to get something out as quick as pos. and haven't proofread.

loooooove! gimme dat full cs pls <3

Wooo! :D Glad you love her!

I'll need to rest my eyes for a bit so the full bit will come a little later. . .heh heh... x) I'll be sure to make it before the dateline.

yes yes!! i must retire to sleep here soon as well. i've extended the entries until the 25th so don't feel like you need to rush!! :bishiesparklesr:

Please excuse the kinda abrupt ending but I didn't want this to go on for too long that it already was and bore you guys with my writing.

never a bore! i love reading through these prompts and yours was great! i love the creativeness of what i've seen so far!

yes yes!! i must retire to sleep here soon as well. i've extended the entries until the 25th so don't feel like you need to rush!! :bishiesparklesr:

never a bore! i love reading through these prompts and yours was great! i love the creativeness of what i've seen so far!

Have a good rest!! ^3^

listener listener May I have an example of 'a known lie'? I'm not quite sure what sort of information are you looking for :o
Basically it is something that is believed to be true about your character but really isn't for one reason or another. So like they hate something but really they were just having a bad day. Or they cheated on a past partner. Or they spread rumors. Or whichever.

I know I ain't follower but hopefully that helps!

Basically it is something that is believed to be true about your character but really isn't for one reason or another. So like they hate something but really they were just having a bad day. Or they cheated on a past partner. Or they spread rumors. Or whichever.

I know I ain't follower but hopefully that helps!

ooo... but wouldn't that fall under unknown truth? I'm a little confused because known lies to me sound like the character has a particular lie about themselves which everyone else knows to be false, yet said character still goes about their way as if their lie still holds up. This is quite problematic for most characters, as that would make them incredibly oblivious.

ooo... but wouldn't that fall under unknown truth? I'm a little confused because known lies to me sound like the character has a particular lie about themselves which everyone else knows to be false, yet said character still goes about their way as if their lie still holds up. This is quite problematic for most characters, as that would make them incredibly oblivious.
Could be! The way I made sense of it is that, the known lie is just a lie that everyone believes to be true and the unknown truth is like a secret fact people don't know.

It is pretty confusing if you get into the semantics. Can always just wait for whenever listener wakes up

good questions! i was wondering if anyone would ask me about these!!

they are purposefully vague and left to interpretation, as it's not really the circumstances or the theoreticals behind whatever you send me, but rather for me to be evil as a gm :angelD:

(but really a known lie is just something others believe to be true about your character!)

edit: so an example for within a community like pirn, perhaps a known lie is that sandy mcqueen has a drinking problem as she's seen at the local pub 4 times a week and everyone is positive she doesn't work there. //a shallow example but i hope that helps explain things. feel free to dm me if thats too nebulous and we can storm!

Last edited:
Hopefully this is good enough for a skelly! I can already see things I want to reword but I'm watching that deadline 😅

that merry wanderer of the night

NAME || echo sylvaine

SPECIES || hybrid

SUB-SPECIES || changeling

OCCUPATION || various

ABILITY || mists

Despite their name, Echo doesn’t exactly fade into the background. Standing at just over 6ft tall, with unkempt hair and a fairly eccentric fashion taste, they’re quite happy standing out in a crowd. Whether striking up a conversation with a stranger or laughing with old friends, they seem genuinely interested in what others have to say. Their own enjoyment and curiosity takes priority in any interaction, and though they rarely intend to hurt someone’s feelings, they’re quick to laugh off comments that others may take more seriously. Echo embodies the idea of living in the moment, bouncing between jobs, hobbies and social groups with little regard for something once it becomes boring. They surround themselves with like-minded people, humans and Unveiled alike, and enjoy keeping their friends on their toes with jokes, pranks and the occasional close-up magic trick.

When dealing in real magic, though, Echo keeps a lot of themselves hidden. It’s not as though the way they act around others is fake, but it is a conscious choice. They can’t talk about where they came from - can barely even think about it - and that empty space in their mind has made it hard to ever feel at home in Pirn. One of their greatest fears is the thought of dying without ever knowing. Their natural curiosity may get by on learning about the world around them, but they will immediately gravitate towards any new information about changelings or the fey, trying to get in touch with their origin. In place of that connection, they've pieced together an identity from what they know, filling the gaps in their knowledge with old myths and fairytales, content to slip into the role of the friendly trickster. What else can they do?

writing prompt: 03. your character must halt a ritual. how do they do it?

Okay, look. Normally, they wouldn’t interfere with a ritual like this. But they’ve overheard the plans already. Practitioners, the lot of them. Not a spark of innate power between them. Every few decades, there’s a group like this, who try something way too powerful for them to control. There’s never been a good outcome, but these mortals always think they’ll be the exception.
And sure, Echo could try just talking them out of it. But come on, they’ve had a hard day. If they have to be the one to break this mess up, they can at least have fun while they do it.

Tucked behind a tree just out of the firelight, the changeling closes their eyes and gestures a hand through the air. A mist creeps through the trees into the clearing. Murmurs begin to bubble up from the circle. Feeling the limits of their power, Echo ends the gesture and opens their eyes. No point in draining their energy, not when they’ve only just got started. The fog isn’t too thick, not over an area this big, but combined with the darkness and the flickering fire, it’s enough to make the figures into nothing more than vague, fuzzy forms.

Echo slips out of the cover of the tree, and as they breathe out their form shifts, taking on the appearance of one of the practitioners they’ve been watching. A younger girl, hair pulled sharply back into braids, in the same pretentious robe they’re all wearing. They call out in a wordless shout. Seeing the closest figures start to turn, they quickly pull the mist tighter around them and dart back into the trees as they shift back. Maybe they could have done more with her form if they’d prepared. She was naive and jittery, though, and her anxiety had made them act without thinking. It was annoying, but as they saw a couple of figures break off from the circle and head their way, they couldn’t suppress a smile. Good. Divide and conquer. Their exhilaration doesn't fade even as they slip into a rhythm, weaving in and out of the trees, shifting between shapes as they pull each member away from the group and out into the dark forest.

The clearing’s empty by the time Echo enters it again, though they can still hear shouts in the woods, and catch glimpses of light and movement. They kick out the remains of the fire, scattering ashes across the cold ground, and slump down cross-legged to catch their breath. No doubt the coven will find each other eventually - they aren’t that cruel. With any luck, though, it’ll put the practitioners off until enough of them come to their senses.
And you know what, Echo realises as they look up at the stars through the dissipating fog, it has actually lifted their spirits.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Hopefully this is good enough for a skelly! I can already see things I want to reword but I'm watching that deadline 😅

that merry wanderer of the night

NAME || echo sylvaine

SPECIES || hybrid

SUB-SPECIES || changeling

OCCUPATION || various

ABILITY || mists

Despite their name, Echo doesn’t exactly fade into the background. Standing at just over 6ft tall, with unkempt hair and a fairly eccentric fashion taste, they’re quite happy standing out in a crowd. Whether striking up a conversation with a stranger or laughing with old friends, they seem genuinely interested in what others have to say. Their own enjoyment and curiosity takes priority in any interaction, and though they rarely intend to hurt someone’s feelings, they’re quick to laugh off comments that others may take more seriously. Echo embodies the idea of living in the moment, bouncing between jobs, hobbies and social groups with little regard for something once it becomes boring. They surround themselves with like-minded people, humans and Unveiled alike, and enjoy keeping their friends on their toes with jokes, pranks and the occasional close-up magic trick.

When dealing in real magic, though, Echo keeps a lot of themselves hidden. It’s not as though the way they act around others is fake, but it is a conscious choice. They can’t talk about where they came from - can barely even think about it - and that empty space in their mind has made it hard to ever feel at home in Pirn. One of their greatest fears is the thought of dying without ever knowing. Their natural curiosity may get by on learning about the world around them, but they will immediately gravitate towards any new information about changelings or the fey, trying to get in touch with their origin. In place of that connection, they've pieced together an identity from what they know, filling the gaps in their knowledge with old myths and fairytales, content to slip into the role of the friendly trickster. What else can they do?

writing prompt: 03. your character must halt a ritual. how do they do it?

Okay, look. Normally, they wouldn’t interfere with a ritual like this. But they’ve overheard the plans already. Practitioners, the lot of them. Not a spark of innate power between them. Every few decades, there’s a group like this, who try something way too powerful for them to control. There’s never been a good outcome, but these mortals always think they’ll be the exception.
And sure, Echo could try just talking them out of it. But come on, they’ve had a hard day. If they have to be the one to break this mess up, they can at least have fun while they do it.

Tucked behind a tree just out of the firelight, the changeling closes their eyes and gestures a hand through the air. A mist creeps through the trees into the clearing. Murmurs begin to bubble up from the circle. Feeling the limits of their power, Echo ends the gesture and opens their eyes. No point in draining their energy, not when they’ve only just got started. The fog isn’t too thick, not over an area this big, but combined with the darkness and the flickering fire, it’s enough to make the figures into nothing more than vague, fuzzy forms.

Echo slips out of the cover of the tree, and as they breathe out their form shifts, taking on the appearance of one of the practitioners they’ve been watching. A younger girl, hair pulled sharply back into braids, in the same pretentious robe they’re all wearing. They call out in a wordless shout. Seeing the closest figures start to turn, they quickly pull the mist tighter around them and dart back into the trees as they shift back. Maybe they could have done more with her form if they’d prepared. She was naive and jittery, though, and her anxiety had made them act without thinking. It was annoying, but as they saw a couple of figures break off from the circle and head their way, they couldn’t suppress a smile. Good. Divide and conquer. Their exhilaration doesn't fade even as they slip into a rhythm, weaving in and out of the trees, shifting between shapes as they pull each member away from the group and out into the dark forest.

The clearing’s empty by the time Echo enters it again, though they can still hear shouts in the woods, and catch glimpses of light and movement. They kick out the remains of the fire, scattering ashes across the cold ground, and slump down cross-legged to catch their breath. No doubt the coven will find each other eventually - they aren’t that cruel. With any luck, though, it’ll put the practitioners off until enough of them come to their senses.
And you know what, Echo realises as they look up at the stars through the dissipating fog, it has actually lifted their spirits.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

hit me wit dat full cs!! <3

Pola Wicht || 25 || Watcher || Unemployed

WHO IS SHE?
Pola Wicht has only ever been concerned with one thing, and that is fitting in with herself. She doesn’t care what others think of her...or at least that’s what she tells herself. Her entire life up until she was eighteen was about being a Wicht, and using the family blessing for doing good things. She was supposed to take people’s pain away, to help them be more comfortable. She was supposed to become a doctor in order to take over her family’s medical practise. Her family would’ve been fine with her doing anything regarding the use of the family blessing. Unfortunately for Pola, fate is a capricious bastard, and Pola ended up accidentally finding a loophole within the blessing that grants her the ability to inflict pain during a scary moment in her life. She managed to keep the loophole a secret for a week before accidentally harming her own sister in an argument, and when her family found out, she was immediately disowned and disinherited from the Wicht family.
She made her way to Pirn, feeling the distinct energy that permeates the area, and she’s made a life there. She isn’t a town favorite— only because people aren’t sure what her deal is. She’s a little broody and off-putting, but she works hard...at the things she’s interested in. Pola is secretive, and this is another reason that most folks are wary of her. But there are a few folks in Pirn that know Pola’s intentions are generally good. She’s only human, and she’s doing her best, despite the handicap that’s thrown her life wildly off course.
WRITING PROMPT
The day had gone fine. Had it been perfect? Not necessarily, but it was just….fine. Pola Wicht was more of a night owl, finding solace and comfort in the moon’s gentle caress of the world, just like so many others living in Pirn.

However, there were other kinds of people and creatures that lurked in the night that weren’t so friendly, and the vampire Anatol Nowak was exactly what Pola didn’t want to encounter. She’d met the man on her way to Pirn all those years ago while being stranded on the road with a car issue. He had fixed the issue, but he’d requested payment in the form of blood, and he’d been less than friendly from that moment on throughout the encounter. To pay him back for his incivility, she’d caused him a horrible amount of pain before taking off in her car. She had narrowly escaped being the creepy bastard’s snack.

Evidently, tonight was the night he intended to tie up loose ends.

Pola had been aware of him following her around the moment night fell. Unfortunately for the poor bastard, meeting him had given Pola the best life advice anyone could ever receive— carry a wooden stake and a knife in your pocket or purse. In this case, Pola carried both in a secret pocket she’d sewed into her jean jacket.

She played the part of unaware human well, so that when Anatol jumped at her seemingly out of thin air on the steps of her front porch, he hadn’t expected her to whirl around so readily with her wooden stake, which she jousted forwards. The old vampire skipped backwards a step, with an enraged hiss, and Pola didn’t waste a single second in throwing the knife from her pocket, landing it straight into Anatol’s undead chest, the blade narrowly missing his unbeaten heart. It was a better toss than she’d intended to make, but it shocked the vampire for a few precious seconds.

Pola took those few seconds to leap from the top of her steps with a grunt of effort, and she attempted to drive her wooden stake into her enemy’s unprotected chest. She wasn’t so lucky as she had been with the knife, however, and she was thrown hard into the ground. The wind was ousted from her lungs on impact, and she laid there trying to catch her breath, wheezing and gasping as Anatol stood over her, making sure not to touch her.

“You had a good start, Pola. If only you were fast enough. Alas, you find yourself only a human with a severely fucked up curse.” The predator clicked his tongue in distaste, “I learned from you, last I saw you. You need physical touch to do what you did to me. I’m surprised you didn’t get me just now, now that I think about it.”

By the end of his monologue, Pola had brought herself to her feet, back facing Anatol. She could feel his ego inflating with every word he spoke, and that annoyed every fiber of her being. If there was one thing Pola hated most, it was inflated egos.

“So what are you going to do about it, Anatol?” She asked him. When she turned to look at him, her gruesome blessing had immediately activated itself, and the vampire choked on pain that made him crumple and fold onto the ground like a brittle leaf. Her wide pupils glowed a deep red in the darkness, giving a sinister look to her unreadable expression. Against her better nature, she held the vampire under the power of her blessing, though at this point, she’d considered it a curse for years. Her lips pressed into a thin line, and she approached the vampire swiftly, nudging his tense pain-riddled body so that he lay on his back.

Pola inhaled through her nose, and spoke sternly, “I don’t think you can actually do anything, Anatol. Your first mistake was thinking you could come into this town and make me your midnight meal without any consequences. Your second mistake was believing that I only have one way of causing you the most insane pain you’ve ever experienced.” Her eyes intensified and so did the pain she inflicted on Anatol, causing him to jolt and go stiff, “I don’t need to hold the threat of death over you to scare you.” Pola touched the tip of her wooden stake to the vampire’s chest lazily.

“I just need you to never forget what I can put you through.” She spoke coldly. Pola stood up straight, putting her stake in her pocket, and prying her knife out of Anatol’s chest, holding it in her fist, knuckles white with how hard she gripped the hilt.

Okay, that’s enough! I don’t need to prolong this— he gets the point!

Her brows came together in a frustrated expression, and finally after a couple of short minutes fighting with her own ability, Pola was able to release the vampire from it. His body went limp then, his mind trying to comprehend what his body had just been put through. Pola boldly stepped over him, despite the fact that she wasn’t sure if she’d accomplished what she’d wanted to. To her surprise, by the time she’d gotten to her front door and looked over her shoulder to where he would be lying, he was gone. Scared away by one human and her terrifying blessing-turned-curse.

Mission accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back