• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Undying Hunt | OOC & SU

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
cho seulgi.
looks 23 // actually late 200s.
vampire.
works at an pirn library.
to be added.
description.

The color red has held a significant importance for Seulgi Cho. It is a color that defines her—a symbol of her passion, her love and the unwavering desperation of thirst that once guided her every moment. Once a meek Korean immigrant to the town, she was shunned heavily. But, life has a habit of indulging others in their well-earned karma at the finest moments. While every town person who had mocked her passed on, she stayed unmarked by the passing of time.

Now, in modern times, she is often see wearing red garments. Maroon hair curls around her face, framing delicate features that are masked by the sharp gaze that tends to linger on others for just a touch too long. Most people would call her weird; but, it is merely an act to keep anyone from questioning her unwavering youth. Being close to someone is a feat that she hasn't undergone for at least a century—and for a very good reason. For those who ever wish to see more of the reclusive creature, they merely need to walk down the steps to visit the pirn library she tends to take night shifts at.

writing prompt.

02. an assassin has been sent after your character. they're aware of this and how he's about to leap from the shadows. what ensues?

Seulgi knew.

She knew.

It was near impossible to creep up onto a vampire.

Their heightened senses, their abilities—it seemed like a suicide mission to even attempt to kill one. However, this assassin had been particularly sloppy. He had passed underneath a light and sent his shadow across the street as she walked by, scuffed his foot along the floor on a too-heavy step.

Pressing her weight onto her left heel, she merely cast dark eyes to where the man stood with a steely gaze that made the man's heart skip a beat within his burly chest.

"Is there something I can give you to avoid all of this?" Her voice, husky and low from disuse, cut through the air.

The man shifted on his own feet, cutting his gaze to the floor and then back to her again.

His grip tightened on the stake in his hands.

Seulgi scoffed, thick lashes fluttering as she rolled her eyes practically into the back of her head.

Reaching into her purse, she withdrew a cigarette before flickering the lighter on with a billow of flame. Dark fumes fell from full lips before she was leaning against the wall, eyes heavily-lidded.

The smile she had held for a long moment became mocking.

"You don't want to kill me," She spoke, ignoring the heavy and thick ache that filled her lungs with every inhale of the herbs. "You've been following me for three days. If you wanted to kill me, you would have. What is it that you actually want?"

"The ring," The assassin finally spoke, his brows furrowed as he once more shifted on his feet. "I was told you always wore it."

Seulgi lifted her hands, displaying delicate fingers with a multitude of copper rings.

"No magic here, sir," She said, suppressing a laugh over the way the wrinkles around his eyes crinkled as he narrowed his eyes at her.

Taking another deep inhale of her cigarette, she flicked the butt to the floor before crushing it with the heel of her boot.

Shrugging her shoulder, she admitted, "I don't have it anymore. It was too painful to wear; and to make matters worse, it was stolen from me. Who knew something as sacred as the nine ancient rings would be such a hot commodity?"

The man snarled before taking a step closer.

Seulgi merely tipped her head, displaying the long nails fanned out along her upper arm before opening her mouth to reveal two fangs that pressed along the swell of her bottom lip.

"Just go back to whatever asshole sent you. Your presence makes the unveiled here uncomfortable," She muttered, pushing off the wall with a dismissive flick of her hand.

Her gaze lingered on him, a scant few feet between them.

Another smile appeared on her face—but this one pulled at her eyes in a way the other ones hadn't.

"It was my husband's ring... not mine," She spoke quietly. "It was a painful reminder of him. So now all I request is you leave me alone. A widow deserves her time of mourning."

Strands of red hair curled in the breeze as she turned away, not sparing the assassin another glance as she made her way down the street and ultimately, back to her small apartment to spend another night in silence. Languidly waiting beneath the sheets, staring up at the ceiling as the clock ticked on her nightstand, for this eternity to somehow end.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
cho seulgi.
vampire.
works at an underground library.
to be added.
description.

The color red has held a significant importance for Seulgi Cho. It is a color that defines her—a symbol of her passion, her love and the unwavering desperation of thirst that once guided her every moment. Once a meek Korean immigrant to the town, she was shunned heavily. But, life has a habit of indulging others in their well-earned karma at the finest moments. While every town person who had mocked her passed on, she stayed unmarked by the passing of time.

Now, in modern times, she is often see wearing red garments. Maroon hair curls around her face, framing delicate features that are masked by the sharp gaze that tends to linger on others for just a touch too long. Most people would call her weird; but, it is merely an act to keep anyone from questioning her unwavering youth. Being close to someone is a feat that she hasn't undergone for at least a century—and for a very good reason. For those who ever wish to see more of the reclusive creature, they merely need to walk down the steps to visit the underground library she tends to take night shifts at.

writing prompt.

02. an assassin has been sent after your character. they're aware of this and how he's about to leap from the shadows. what ensues?

Seulgi knew.

She knew.

It was near impossible to creep up onto a vampire. Their heightened senses, their abilities—it seemed like a suicide mission to even attempt to kill one. However, this assassin had been sloppy. He had passed underneath a light and sent his shadow across the street as she walked by, scuffed his foot along the floor on a too-heavy step.

Pressing her weight onto her left heel, she merely cast dark eyes to where the man stood with a steely gaze that had his heartbeat skipping a beat in his own chest.

"Is there something I can give you to avoid all of this?" Her voice, husky and low from disuse, cut through the air.

The man shifted on his own feet, cutting his gaze to the floor and then back to her again.

Seulgi scoffed, thick lashes fluttering as she rolled her eyes practically into the back of her head.

Reaching into her purse, she withdrew a cigarette before flickering the lighter on with a billow of flame. Dark fumes fell from full lips before she was leaning against the wall, eyes heavily-lidded.

"You don't want to kill me," She spoke, ignoring the heavy and thick ache that filled her lungs with every inhale of the herbs. "You've been following me for three days. If you wanted to kill me, you would have. What is it that you actually want?"

"The ring," The assassin finally spoke, his brows furrowed as he once more shifted on his feet. "I was told you always wore it."

Seulgi lifted her hands, displaying delicate fingers with a multitude of copper rings.

"No magic here, sir," She said, suppressing a laugh over the way the wrinkles around his eyes crinkled as he narrowed his eyes at her.

Taking another deep inhale of her cigarette, she flicked the butt to the floor before crushing it with the heel of her boot.

Shrugging her shoulder, she admitted, "I don't have it anymore. It was too painful to wear; and to make matters worse, it was stolen from me. Who knew something as sacred as the nine ancient rings would be such a hot commodity?"

Seulgi merely tipped her head, displaying the long nails fanned out along her upper arm before opening her mouth to reveal two fangs that pressed along the swell of her bottom lip.

"Just go back to whatever asshole sent you. Your presence makes the unveiled here uncomfortable," She muttered, pushing off the wall with a dismissive flick of her hand.

Another smile appeared on her face—but this one pulled at her eyes in a way the other ones hadn't.

"It was my husband's ring... not mine," She spoke quietly. "It was a painful reminder of him. So now all I request is you leave me alone now. A widow deserves her time of mourning."

Strands of red hair curled in the breeze as she turned away, not sparing the assassin another glance as she made her way down the street and ultimately, back to her small apartment to spend another night in silence and waiting for this eternity to end.
coded by natasha.
[/border]

aaaa!!! im excited to read but the font color is too light!!

are you talking about the accent color? Or the main text? Because I'm double-checking the code and it says most of the text is black!

the main text! it looks like this for me:

3c4c0ebbedd7db93741209099c33208f.png

cho seulgi.
vampire.
works at an underground library.
to be added.
description.

Now, in modern times, she is often see wearing red garments. Maroon hair curls around her face, framing delicate features that are masked by the sharp gaze that tends to linger on others for just a touch too long. Most people would call her weird; but, it is merely an act to keep anyone from questioning her unwavering youth. Being close to someone is a feat that she hasn't undergone for at least a century—and for a very good reason. For those who ever wish to see more of the reclusive creature, they merely need to walk down the steps to visit the underground library she tends to take night shifts at.

writing prompt.

Seulgi knew.

She knew.

It was near impossible to creep up onto a vampire. Their heightened senses, their abilities—it seemed like a suicide mission to even attempt to kill one. However, this assassin had been sloppy. He had passed underneath a light and sent his shadow across the street as she walked by, scuffed his foot along the floor on a too-heavy step.

Pressing her weight onto her left heel, she merely cast dark eyes to where the man stood with a steely gaze that had his heartbeat skipping a beat in his own chest.

"It was my husband's ring... not mine," She spoke quietly. "It was a painful reminder of him. So now all I request is you leave me alone now. A widow deserves her time of mourning."

Strands of red hair curled in the breeze as she turned away, not sparing the assassin another glance as she made her way down the street and ultimately, back to her small apartment to spend another night in silence and waiting for this eternity to end.

looooooooooooooove. and tysm for editing!!! i have grandma eyes skdfkgjsh feel free to start working on yer full sheet!

works at an underground library.​

perhaps we do some stormin' !!

while yer definitely free to create your own underground library,

in pirn, the hall of knowledge is basically a giant library, and thats not even including the magical parts. there is in fact an underground section of the library that only unveiled's know about, and is filled with books and grimoires, tomes and scrolls, etc. the current predicament is currently archiving everything. but!! there is a connected network of tunnels known to a few who work at the library which connects to all the important places in town. if seulgi works at the library she would definitely know about them.

in pirn, the hall of knowledge is basically a giant library, and thats not even including the magical parts. there is in fact an underground section of the library that only unveiled's know about, and is filled with books and grimoires, tomes and scrolls, etc. the current predicament is currently archiving everything. but!! there is a connected network of tunnels known to a few who work at the library which connects to all the important places in town. if seulgi works at the library she would definitely know about them.

Oh, that's fantastic! I could always have her working in the above ground section of the library while also helping the unveiled with their research in the underground section + working on archiving. As for the tunnels, that would definitely be interesting to incorporate! Are the librarians the only people who know about the tunnels—or does it also include anyone old enough to remember they exist?

Oh, that's fantastic! I could always have her working in the above ground section of the library while also helping the unveiled with their research in the underground section + working on archiving. As for the tunnels, that would definitely be interesting to incorporate! Are the librarians the only people who know about the tunnels—or does it also include anyone old enough to remember they exist?

aaa!! sorry for the late reply, i finally just conked last night.

interestingly enough, only the unveiled librarians and the council members of pirn (and any unveiled residents whose locations happen to be connected) are aware of these tunnels. with compulsion and magical illusions, it's "easy enough" to wave away why the human librarians don't know about it. i would say the only humans who might are those who work in the sewage department and the like, and tbh they don't quite care as long as it doesn't affect their jobs. and i would def say there's some old lady rumors about the tunnels for sure!

Here is James' full sheet!

Click Tabs

• SURNAME
    Smith

GIVEN NAME
    James

SEX
    Male

BIRTHDATE
    03/21/1950

DEATHDATE
    06/05/1976

NOTE:
    James Smith was a human turned Guide in 1976 at just 26, he was killed while trying to find anyone who might have been left behind in a protest gone violent. The incident over 40 years ago now, left the man on a path he already knew he needed to be on. With several charges over those years, he came to be well and truly comfortable with his abilities and shortcomings all in the same. James is a straight laced man at first glance, his demeanor is calm and perhaps even intimidating to those who don't see the warmth behind his eyes. His smile something that could make even an old hag blush a little.

When James isn't with one of his charges, he enjoys gardening and even helps out regularly at the local schools. He is a pillar of stability for anyone who needs or wants to steady themselves. The kids make him eager to see how the future might be different. In every regard, he was just another man doing his best with what he had. He found his purpose in keeping people alive and well. It figures that even in death he still walks the tight rope of helping and healing. The terror of being completely helpless to save someone he could have, pushing him to be better.
Code by Ambiloquous
Customized by Senor_Fluffy

maureen undowe
character snippet
Known first to the world as a daughter of the sea, Maureen Undowe came to Pirn by following a turbulent curiosity that has caused both the greatest love and harshest fall of her lifetime. Guided by a starry eyed wonder of the world, Maurie left her life as a selkie and the comforts of the sea to discover what the surface had to offer, and what she met on land is what has kept her in Pirn. Though the same childlike awe fuels her being, there is a wistful, sad gentleness to her disposition, best heard and recognized in her haunting music, for which she has become quite well loved and adored in the enchanting little city. Though she has grown to enjoy her human life, Maurie awaits the opportunity to return to her true self in the sea with great yearning, and quietly searches for a way to do so. To never return to the ocean is an idea that chills her to the bone, and the effects it would have on her being is an image Maureen refuses to entertain.

writing prompt

The earth and sea around her laid waste. Maureen found that children, however much she loved them, were sometimes possessed by an evil she could not understand. Perhaps it was easier to slip into their little souls, though she usually found that hardly to be the case. Whatever it was, the little spring by the coast had been desecrated, and there lay a weeping spirit.

Though it had been long since she had truly touched the sea, Maurie still had a way about her. The magic of her homeland had not left her fully and as she approached the trampled grass and the rubbish left in the moss and undertow, she needed not sing to allow her words to hold enchantment.

“Dear nymph,” Maureen started, and her voice hung on a cliff of sorrow, cracking with effort as she moved closer to the spirit. Her dried up spring was now a puddle, and with so little running water left, the nymph’s body was dry and old, as if she’d aged all her years in a single day. When this puddle dried, the nymph would disappear. Maurie knelt beside the weeping spirit, and shed her coat to drape it on her shaking shoulders. An action that felt all too familiar. “Don’t cry, save your tears.” She urged, holding the nymph’s thin body close. Maurie drew breath, and began to sing.

She could sing without enchantment, or so she told herself, though it didn’t matter now, because this nymph needed the song of the sea. The clouds burrowed and growled and turned from fleeting puffs to a coalescing gray. Her melody was lilted, tragic and daunting. Words came to her from a language few still spoke, strung together by a web of turbulent feeling. The sky crackled and snarled, and tears of her own traveled down her cheeks, to mingle with the steadily dripping rain that began to pour from the above. At first, it was a drizzle, speckled among both her and the nymph’s cracking skin, but soon the droplets were heavy on the ground, and Maureen retracted her coat from the suddenly supple figure of the spirit beside her.

“All’s well now.” Maurie urged, sniffing as she wiped at her eyes. The trash and mess left by the children was swept away in the sudden renewal of the spring, and the nymph looked at her with tired, thankful eyes.

“Ah, save that look and your strength.” She said with a dismissive laugh, even though it hilted on another cry. It was hard to let go of the emotion that brought a storm so quickly. “I’ll be by to check on you soon enough. Be safe.”

The nymph took steps forward, like a ballerina beginning a dance. When her bare, blue feet touched the deepest part of the spring, she was swallowed whole, greedily and hungrily by the water that had missed her so.

Oh, how jealous Maureen was.
code by @Nano

maureen undowe
character snippet
Known first to the world as a daughter of the sea, Maureen Undowe came to Pirn by following a turbulent curiosity that has caused both the greatest love and harshest fall of her lifetime. Guided by a starry eyed wonder of the world, Maurie left her life as a selkie and the comforts of the sea to discover what the surface had to offer, and what she met on land is what has kept her in Pirn. Though the same childlike awe fuels her being, there is a wistful, sad gentleness to her disposition, best heard and recognized in her haunting music, for which she has become quite well loved and adored in the enchanting little city. Though she has grown to enjoy her human life, Maurie awaits the opportunity to return to her true self in the sea with great yearning, and quietly searches for a way to do so. To never return to the ocean is an idea that chills her to the bone, and the effects it would have on her being is an image Maureen refuses to entertain.

writing prompt

The earth and sea around her laid waste. Maureen found that children, however much she loved them, were sometimes possessed by an evil she could not understand. Perhaps it was easier to slip into their little souls, though she usually found that hardly to be the case. Whatever it was, the little spring by the coast had been desecrated, and there lay a weeping spirit.

Though it had been long since she had truly touched the sea, Maurie still had a way about her. The magic of her homeland had not left her fully and as she approached the trampled grass and the rubbish left in the moss and undertow, she needed not sing to allow her words to hold enchantment.

“Dear nymph,” Maureen started, and her voice hung on a cliff of sorrow, cracking with effort as she moved closer to the spirit. Her dried up spring was now a puddle, and with so little running water left, the nymph’s body was dry and old, as if she’d aged all her years in a single day. When this puddle dried, the nymph would disappear. Maurie knelt beside the weeping spirit, and shed her coat to drape it on her shaking shoulders. An action that felt all too familiar. “Don’t cry, save your tears.” She urged, holding the nymph’s thin body close. Maurie drew breath, and began to sing.

She could sing without enchantment, or so she told herself, though it didn’t matter now, because this nymph needed the song of the sea. The clouds burrowed and growled and turned from fleeting puffs to a coalescing gray. Her melody was lilted, tragic and daunting. Words came to her from a language few still spoke, strung together by a web of turbulent feeling. The sky crackled and snarled, and tears of her own traveled down her cheeks, to mingle with the steadily dripping rain that began to pour from the above. At first, it was a drizzle, speckled among both her and the nymph’s cracking skin, but soon the droplets were heavy on the ground, and Maureen retracted her coat from the suddenly supple figure of the spirit beside her.

“All’s well now.” Maurie urged, sniffing as she wiped at her eyes. The trash and mess left by the children was swept away in the sudden renewal of the spring, and the nymph looked at her with tired, thankful eyes.

“Ah, save that look and your strength.” She said with a dismissive laugh, even though it hilted on another cry. It was hard to let go of the emotion that brought a storm so quickly. “I’ll be by to check on you soon enough. Be safe.”

The nymph took steps forward, like a ballerina beginning a dance. When her bare, blue feet touched the deepest part of the spring, she was swallowed whole, greedily and hungrily by the water that had missed her so.

Oh, how jealous Maureen was.
code by @Nano

yesssss. i love her, gimme that full sheet

• image0.gif

BABETTÈ AMBROISINE ELOI
    ❝You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.❞

code by @leviathan.

Last edited:

• image0.gif

BABETTÈ AMBROISINE ELOI
    ❝You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.❞

code by @leviathan.
The mere thought of James the stoic ace/aro guide with no familial ties and Babette the sensual pansexual demon hybrid who adores her family having to interact makes me grin. AND THEY BOTH LIKE GARDENING

Last edited:
probably gonna make some repairs but yeah!

species
vampire

KENELM
Kenelm was turned into a vampire over 300 years ago in Europe though his body remains in that of a 16 year old. Blonde curls frame his youthful face which is made noticeable by hooded blue eyes. While he has high cheekbones and a sharp jaw his face is softened by full lips. His upturned nose is like that of an elf. Despite having dark eyebrows his eyelashes are blonde, but thick enough to be noticeable. Standing at average height, around 5'9, he is noticeably skinny with large hands and feet. It seems as if he was going to hit a growth spurt just before turning

A neutral figure he has no desire for confrontation or violence, but has also shown no will to help others. For the most part he stays far from town. He only visits when running out of supplies, or for the occasional movie. Having absolutely no social life most of the town either has no clue of his existence or dismisses him as a hermit. That's how he likes it though. The less he's known the safer, after all. Not that he'd want to be around people if circumstances were different. He is lazy, jaded by his experiences, and is easily agitated by others. To put it bluntly he's an agoraphobic bum.

Having spent centuries on wood carving Kenelm makes money with commissions. He is known as a master carver, making elaborate work for clients all across the world. Proud of his work each carving is excellent. Having a worldwide reputation of perfect and efficiently made work he makes good money, though he remains anonymous.

As Kenelm grows older, now on the tail end of his long life, he seeks more and more peace. Even his means of feeding have become more peaceful. The idea of no longer having his quiet home where he can live in solitude sends his head for a spin.

---

"What are you doing on my property?"

The two boys mirrored each other, one in the middle of a meadow and the other having just exited the thick woods. Kenelm had just woken up from a nap, evident by his messy hair and him only wearing a large t-shirt. The spirit was simply staring. Completely naked his skin was so pale that it glowed in the moonlight. Poor thing must have been murdered out here, or he had procured that nasty gaping wound in his abdomen another way. A burst of wind ran through the grass and a chorus of rustling broke out. If Kenelm looked too closely at the shifting meadow it looked like a hundred small animals were ducking through the grass. Little predators sneaking in the night for their next meal.

Finally the spirit whispered, "I want my mother."

Kenelm sighed and thought that it would of been wise to just keep walking. What was he supposed to do? Well, he wasn't going to do anything, but what was the point of this encounter. His left hand wormed it's way to palm the back of his own head. "Well she isn't here," he shouted. "And I can't help you, so leave."

The spirit did not leave, but it did look away. Much luck that would do. More irritated than anything Kenelm groaned audibly. With a roll of his eyes he leaned forward, grabbed a stone near his foot, and threw it directly at the spirit's festering stomach. The rock flew through it and dug into a tree trunk at the opposite end of the meadow. He'd put too much mustard on that one, he thought. Not that that mattered, he knew the rock wouldn't cause any real damage and ultimately there was nothing he could do. The spirit would either leave on it's own or be handled once found out.

"Good luck then," Kenelm said.

The spirit did not respond, nor did he look to watch as Kenelm turned and walked back into the woods.
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
probably gonna make some repairs but yeah!

species
vampire

KENELM
Kenelm was turned into a vampire over 300 years ago in Europe though his body remains in that of a 16 year old. Blonde curls frame his youthful face which is made noticeable by hooded blue eyes. While he has high cheekbones and a sharp jaw his face is softened by full lips. His upturned nose is like that of an elf. Despite having dark eyebrows his eyelashes are blonde, but thick enough to be noticeable. Standing at average height, around 5'9, he is noticeably skinny with large hands and feet. It seems as if he was going to hit a growth spurt just before turning

A neutral figure he has no desire for confrontation or violence, but has also shown no will to help others. For the most part he stays far from town. He only visits when running out of supplies, or for the occasional movie. Having absolutely no social life most of the town either has no clue of his existence or dismisses him as a hermit. That's how he likes it though. The less he's known the safer, after all. Not that he'd want to be around people if circumstances were different. He is lazy, jaded by his experiences, and is easily agitated by others. To put it bluntly he's an agoraphobic bum.

Having spent centuries on wood carving Kenelm makes money with commissions. He is known as a master carver, making elaborate work for clients all across the world. Proud of his work each carving is excellent. Having a worldwide reputation of perfect and efficiently made work he makes good money, though he remains anonymous.

As Kenelm grows older, now on the tail end of his long life, he seeks more and more peace. Even his means of feeding have become more peaceful. The idea of no longer having his quiet home where he can live in solitude sends his head for a spin.

---

"What are you doing on my property?"

The two boys mirrored each other, one in the middle of a meadow and the other having just exited the thick woods. Kenelm had just woken up from a nap, evident by his messy hair and him only wearing a large t-shirt. The spirit was simply staring. Completely naked his skin was so pale that it glowed in the moonlight. Poor thing must have been murdered out here, or he had procured that nasty gaping wound in his abdomen another way. A burst of wind ran through the grass and a chorus of rustling broke out. If Kenelm looked too closely at the shifting meadow it looked like a hundred small animals were ducking through the grass. Little predators sneaking in the night for their next meal.

Finally the spirit whispered, "I want my mother."

Kenelm sighed and thought that it would of been wise to just keep walking. What was he supposed to do? Well, he wasn't going to do anything, but what was the point of this encounter. His left hand wormed it's way to palm the back of his own head. "Well she isn't here," he shouted. "And I can't help you, so leave."

The spirit did not leave, but it did look away. Much luck that would do. More irritated than anything Kenelm groaned audibly. With a roll of his eyes he leaned forward, grabbed a stone near his foot, and threw it directly at the spirit's festering stomach. The rock flew through it and dug into a tree trunk at the opposite end of the meadow. He'd put too much mustard on that one, he thought. Not that that mattered, he knew the rock wouldn't cause any real damage and ultimately there was nothing he could do. The spirit would either leave on it's own or be handled once found out.

"Good luck then," Kenelm said.

The spirit did not respond, nor did he look to watch as Kenelm turned and walked back into the woods.
coded by reveriee.

lookin pretty good! i think i would be a bit more comfortable if you aged him up to 18, tho he can def still keep the youthful aesthetic u got goin on. but feel free to hit me wit that full cs!

the undying hunt
bulletin board

hey everyone!! i’m loving the cs’ that have come in so far, you guys are giving me so much to work with! i love it!!!

to keep things rolling, i’m going to go ahead and set a soft deadline for saturday, august 21st, for character entries. (as long as a full sheet is turned in before i wake up sunday, i’ll go over it!) the selection process will happen sunday afternoon, and a discord invite will be sent out via pm.

some extra lore will be posted sometime tomorrow evening!! i'm hoping it'll help set the stage for the world i'm envisioning and round out prerequisite knowledge of what's happening in the world.

pihu amin

Name: Pihu Amin
Nickname: Little Fox
44 years, looks 22, DoB: April 6th

physical appearance: Pihu is of Indian Descent and has deep brown skin with long dark brown hair. Her eyes are of a hazel blue color, standing out from her dark complexion. She is 5’2” and of a thin body type. She keeps up with a rigorous exercise regime to keep in shape.
psbl9P3OngNL3IRU9_qMKerusazI_vuoHb9eItvxn-UgY90gtgQgFhumGGeUDRoLmS5MfH-oBgpBB5ibM4jRCc5TdCemz1alhmDiCQ3sro-x0uFWWntOzbaEUniuNo_k8VSUjQA9

Personality:
Vices:
controlled
focused
thoughtful
observant
quiet
intuitive
Virtues:
secretive
distrustful
perfectionist
doesn't do well under pressure
judgemental
high standards
Drives: wants to protect her family and keep her home safe, also extremely curious
Fears: losing her family, pitch black, crows

Pihu, despite her name, turns into an Indian Fox. Pihu doesn’t mind turning into a fox, but she is a bit ashamed as foxes aren’t known to be treated as much more than tricksters or nuisances in the world. She thinks herself cunning, yes, but doesn’t appreciate the negative connotation associated with foxes.

Pihu just came into her animal blessing so she is still getting used to it. Her animal blessing is the ability to sense auras. Similar to the way animals can smell emotions through chemosignals, Pihu can sense others’ emotions through a feeling they give off. She’s still in the process of determining what each emotion feels like.

Pihu fights for good most of the time. For the most part, good aligns with her survival right now. She can be morally gray, but is ultimately good in alignment.

hobbies:

Pihu enjoys exercise and many other hobbies like sewing, embroidery, cooking, drawing, playing the violin, many different forms of art, camping, water sports, archery, (would probably be into horse riding, but horses don’t like her), she works as a technician for the local vet

relations:
Omala Amin - mother
Viraj Amin - brother
Mythri Lal

mood
mood

outfit
outfit

playing...
song

by artist​

mentions
mentions

interactions
interactions

tags
tags

º º code by ditto º º

hey yall!!

sorry for goin mia for a bit there, i jumped ahead on some assignments, but the extra lore i promised is now up!

hesitantly considering pushing back the character entry deadline, but gimme your thoughts? does anyone need more time?

It seems like we might need more time to gather more interest if you intend to have 9 people

a couple npcs have been marked as well, so we're a bit padded there, but i think we need at least 5-6 players! hopefully this gains a bit more traction soon <3

I'm almost done with the skelly sheet for my changeling, should have that in today, but I've got most of the character worked out already so I think Saturday is fine! Loving all the characters so far btw!

The Undying Hunt | Creation Station & Sign Ups

hey!! welcome to the undying hunt, i'm listener and ima be yer gm. ((:
thank you for yer interest and participation!!!

this page will be our "headquarters" until the final cast is revealed and the discord goes live. there's going to be a good mix of player agency within our little story, as well as opportunities ooc to add lore to the world via your characters! so above all, make sure you decide on a character that you really want to play. and though characters will have relations with one another, don't get too attached until the final cast is revealed.

but enough of that, let's get to the good bits:

we're going to do sign ups a bit differently with a two-part process, so i can make sure the perfect cast is chosen!

first, everyone will fill out the skelly sheet (down below), and a writing prompt, which i'm hoping will help you get a good sense for what your character is like in prose. (and if you find your character being a bit different than you expected, this is the perfect time to edit!!) about ~300 words is perfectly fine, i don't expect too much!!

after that, if your skelly sheet is accepted, you'll fill out the rest of the sheet (also down below). full sheets will be posted here so we can continue the 'storm!! important!!! the secrets section and your character's backgrounds should not be attached to your full sheet, instead, send it to me in a pm!! <3 that way no juicy plot points will be spilled.

please note that there are race-specific questions for your final sheet that can be found here.

Rules
and
Reminders
01. 18+ only
02. if you have a race idea not on the lore page, lemme know and let's brainstorm to see if it'll fit!
03. characters should be powerful (powerful, but definitely not world-shatteringly so), but try to include creative weaknesses and drawbacks, not only in regards to their power sets, but to them as characters as well.
04. reminder that this is not first come, first serve, and your skelly sheet being accepted does not guarantee final acceptance.
05. code is not mandatory, however, if you are using code, please make sure it's mobile friendly or you attach a mobile friendly version!
06. the creation station is a way for me to check out both your character, and you as a player, as we discuss and brainstorm and plot with one another.

character requisites
01. must be a resident of pirn (ideally for at least 5+ years)
02. must be an unveiled in some capacity
03. must have a legitimate reason to want to protect pirn, even if it's as simple as pirn being their home
04. on the subject of faceclaims i'm going to require two things: a rl faceclaim (that the "inherent protections" of pirn shows to humans) and if needed, artwork to show off the more supernatural aspects of your character.
skelly sheet
character snippet: 1-2 paragraph audit of your character. please include their name, race, physical appearance, first-glance personality traits, occupation, and what motivates and fears them.

writing prompt: please choose from one of the three prompts and write through the eyes of your character. have fun with this! use this as a guide to feel your character out and see if you jive with them! ~300 words is fine.

prompts

01. your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?
03. your character must (create, perform, or halt) a ritual. how do they do it?

feel free to choose between what's in the parenthesis-- i want yall to have as much fun with this as you can ((:
try and include your characters power sets so both you and i can get a feel for em

full sheet
name
nickname
titles/alias (optional)
dob & age / perceived age, if applicable

physical appearance: picture(s) + a general description of their: hair (color, style, length, texture), eyes, height, build, body modifications (piercings, tattoos, etc.), scars, and a sentence or two on their general fashion/accessories.)

personality traits: at least 4 positive and negative traits
drives:
fears:

--racial specific questions--
(can be found here)

hobbies:

occupation and any relating lore:

relations: these do not have to be detailed!!! a sentence or two will suffice. both familial and social. (unless plotting with me, the gm, all social relations are subject to change upon the final selection!)

--to be pm'd--

background: 2-3+ paragraphs about your character; please tell me who they are, where they come from, what they've been through in their lives thus far. are they in pirn for a specific reason (trying to unlock the power of the ley lines? looking for the ancient grimoires said to be buried in the mine? sensed something was about to happen?) or were they simply born in pirn, amidst the powerful energy that saturates the area?

secrets: please send me a known lie about your character, an unknown truth, and a rumor, (unfounded or otherwise.)
answered questions

---- regarding changelings----

I was definitely thinking more like a changeling - the hybrid template should work fine! Is there any specific lore I should know for that?

yes!! Changelings have now been added to the list of Hybrids.

---- regarding guides ----

Also, are they physical in being? Like can they physically change their clothes and hair and pick up things or are they more like a phantom or ghost? And finally do they age since they were "reborn" or do they appear not to age much past the age which they first died?

great questions! it’s assumed they’re given their second chance right after they die, but they go thru “years” of training in the upper planes before being assigned their first charge. before that, there’s usually a grace period where a younger guide will shadow an older one to get otj training.

physical beings! they can eat, shower, shave, and even have intercourse (tho thats heavily frowned upon). like vampires they do not age and are reborn at the same age they died.

one thing that i forgot to mention is that all guides are “adults” / those younger than 18 aren’t “qualified” to be a guide, and are instead sent to paradise.

Because he is able to shift planes I figured that if the spirit is willing, he could take it to the upper plane.

nope! that's not a part of his "jurisdiction" but he would be able to relay the information to his elders, who would then send the appropriate man for the job. he would definitely be able to see and interact with them, but the upper planes isn't paradise, nor do guides have the capacity to judge souls.

Also, the link between guides and their charges, when a charge dies, what happens to their guide?

in the instant, the psychic-link that connects them will relay the pain of death to the guide, but they themselves are not killed, if that's what you mean. if not, the guide is usually put on probation while his elders investigate what happened, and will either assign new charges, send them back to training, or recycle them (the most extreme option, rarely ever done.)

Also what do you mean by a guide can die if killed by their maker?

so! guides are essentially immortal, save for the few ways that i've already mention, as their bodies will reconstitute (with time) from whatever injury, even if blown up. when their Maker "kills" them, they essentially send their souls in for recycling.

Can an experienced guide have multiple charges? Alternatively, can let's say a really experienced witch have an experienced guide and also a learning guide?

absolutely! it's almost expected of them. there aren't hard and fast "ranks" to guides, but the more charges a guide has, the better he's said to be! and yes absolutely, experienced and talented guides are given newbies who shadow them, to get valuable otj training before given their own charges.

Also, are guides like for life sort of connections if all is well and good or is a guide more like a therapist who is there only for as long as needed until the witch is trusted to never turn evil or whatever?

so the biggest part of being a guide is in its namesake. they are sent to witches, watchers, and future guides-- to help guide them along the noble path of righteousness and good. this includes anything to introducing someone new to the world of the unveiled to simply being on-call healers for experienced witches. as for the therapist question, that would be entirely situational. guides are people too; some are stoic and unaffectionate in normal regards, some are the complete opposite--bubbly to the point of nauseating. so their personality will definitely influence how they go about guiding. for the most part, it's expected of guides to be intermediaries between their charges and those in the upper planes, healers, philosophical teachers, and mentors in the ways of witchery and sorcery, as well as savants of guiding new watchers to be comfortable beyond the veil.

I love love love this world setting you've created! It's refreshing to read the effort of thought into every detail and I'd love to be a part of this! ^3^

I do have a question regarding watchers though as it appears rather ambiguous to me. They seem to be a kind of human with 'kinda magical' resistance, finer senses and the ability to see more things than others can. But other than that, what exactly are they capable of? As you made a request for watcher applicants to describe their ability. They don't seem to have any combat translatable skills available to them; aside from great instincts which does not seem that great if not paired with a physical or magical prowess of sorts.

I love love love this world setting you've created! It's refreshing to read the effort of thought into every detail and I'd love to be a part of this! ^3^

I do have a question regarding watchers though as it appears rather ambiguous to me. They seem to be a kind of human with 'kinda magical' resistance, finer senses and the ability to see more things than others can. But other than that, what exactly are they capable of? As you made a request for watcher applicants to describe their ability. They don't seem to have any combat translatable skills available to them; aside from great instincts which does not seem that great if not paired with a physical or magical prowess of sorts.

<3 tysm!!! 🥺✨

and the shtick with watchers is that they’re essentially magical humans. on the lore page, i described that some watchers are humans (or human families) that have been either blessed or cursed by otherworldly beings. (which is the second way to become a watcher)

said curse or blessing is entirely up to the creator of the character! i might suggest some edits here or there to help scale things, but i like givin my players as much freedom to create as possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back