Other The types of people on RPN, which are you?

More so the: "Realism Nazi" and "Tolerant sadistic"

RN: The act of some douchebag that will over analyze everything, thinks mostly logically, and will let you never hear the end of it in creative ways if you so happen to misplace a screw in a ventilation shaft. The bringer of annoyance and totalitarianism to those repeatedly refusing to research topics or not listening to someone that actually knows the technology. The end all be all of 1984 semantics, grander than the canyon if the soviet union ruled over it.

TS: The Ubermensch asshat that will tolerate most to a extent, but retaliation is absolutely cruel and unusual punishment. In my case, equal to the amount of what I or others can view as annoying at best, and pathetic scummy hogwash at worst. Will wait a week for a response patiently, but complain if it is a one liner. An absolute disregard of what happens to your character health if they do something absolutely stupid [like running at a machinegun], the destroyer of mostly character mental states, and no hesitation to implement repercussions and benefits to every action. So much so that we actually have to put up a disclaimer over it.

Also a democrap. I like testing new potential mods and GMs and see how they react under pressure to specific situations and only helps by democratic votes when in other's RPs, but when all the responsibilities of someone else fall on me without warning, it all falls apart. I also hate the idea of altering another's creation by a fundamental level, unless I practically made most of it. So I have natural restrictions so high that having me as a overall GM in your RP rather than dedicated like a CS reviewer, or enforcing existing and explained rules is a crappy idea.

Also throw in varying elements of the existing Autor. Especially anything to do with large posts, minus the fact I don't care how large a response post is if it works/isn't some disinterested "Hidar! Me Peter!" thing. I also detest the lazy and desire to blitzkrieg them, and negative towards not reading a post unless you are too busy for it. I'm sure something else might also appear at some point, that I could also be viewed as. I prefer story/RP than partaking in ooc shenaniganry, but I do emphasize and focus on fun when possible.

What we really need this scientific masterpiece for is determining this guy. Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

More so the: "Realism Nazi" and "Tolerant sadistic"

RN: The act of some douchebag that will over analyze everything, thinks mostly logically, and will let you never hear the end of it in creative ways if you so happen to misplace a screw in a ventilation shaft. The bringer of annoyance and totalitarianism to those repeatedly refusing to research topics or not listening to someone that actually knows the technology. The end all be all of 1984 semantics, grander than the canyon if the soviet union ruled over it.

TS: The Ubermensch asshat that will tolerate most to a extent, but retaliation is absolutely cruel and unusual punishment. In my case, equal to the amount of what I or others can view as annoying at best, and pathetic scummy hogwash at worst. Will wait a week for a response patiently, but complain if it is a one liner. An absolute disregard of what happens to your character health if they do something absolutely stupid [like running at a machinegun], the destroyer of mostly character mental states, and no hesitation to implement repercussions and benefits to every action. So much so that we actually have to put up a disclaimer over it.

Also a democrap. I like testing new potential mods and GMs and see how they react under pressure to specific situations and only helps by democratic votes when in other's RPs, but when all the responsibilities of someone else fall on me without warning, it all falls apart. I also hate the idea of altering another's creation by a fundamental level, unless I practically made most of it. So I have natural restrictions so high that having me as a overall GM in your RP rather than dedicated like a CS reviewer, or enforcing existing and explained rules is a crappy idea.

Also throw in varying elements of the existing Autor. Especially anything to do with large posts, minus the fact I don't care how large a response post is if it works/isn't some disinterested "Hidar! Me Peter!" thing. I also detest the lazy and desire to blitzkrieg them, and negative towards not reading a post unless you are too busy for it. I'm sure something else might also appear at some point, that I could also be viewed as. I prefer story/RP than partaking in ooc shenaniganry, but I do emphasize and focus on fun when possible.

What we really need this scientific masterpiece for is determining this guy. Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser
Damn dude you seem to have a lot of pent-up rage

Damn dude you seem to have a lot of pent-up rage
Nope. I'm making fun of myself in a joke way, but I suppose how it is worded does appear that way. Exception to some like one liners, which is just me copying, pasting, and exaggerating semi-ly for effect.

I'm just hoping that this doesn't turn into a derail like how talking about Mr. Friendly in HL turns into 75 page documents on alien dong, or the time people made a riveting debate on whether or not the line "I farted" was a storyline on another thread lol. Though there's plenty of great and effective vent threads to use if something agitates people.

I thinkI have a bit of “the autor” and “the wine critic in me” with a few differences.

As “the autor” I definitely prize long posts. That said, it’s not a matter of one thing being better than the other, I just find short posts extremely bland, no matter how well-written. They feel lacking, and 99% of the time do lack the things I want to see in posts. Furthermore, rapid-fire posting really doesn’t work for me, I am a (very) slow type, and I’m also willing to wait if my partner(s) need it.

As for “the Wine critic”, I don’t really look for things to criticize, but opinionated as I am, I do look for things to give my opinion on. Naturally, I do do my best to at least make sure I am adding something pertinent to the conversation, and may avoid it altogether if I don’t feel I would be able to.
I do however have a tendency to approach feedback with criticism first and praise later. The way I see it, besides the overall “is it a good idea or not”, the point of feedback is to identify and fix issues. This means not only that issues should be brought up, even if minor, but that one should strive to be clear on what the root of the issue is.

Update: I guess there's a very small fragment of me that fits with the "BBCode Addict". I do love BBCode and persistently want to use it for every character sheet I make and even my RP posts. I also really appreciate it in other's content, and tend to give more leeway to interest checks that have impressive BBCode than plain ones. That said, that's where my association with the archetype ends, seeing how I never demand of anyone to use BBCode (I do it myself because I like it, it's a bonus not a necessity) and I try to do what I can to ensure that people can properly read my posts regardless.

Last edited:
The current total is at 11.

Soon to be added

1. The BBC (code) Addict ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2. Stalin
3. The Irrational Hope guy
4. Mary Sue Creation Station
5. The Unicorn Collector
6. The Dibshit Collector
7. Grammar Nazi
8. Ghoster
9. John Wick

Last edited:
I believe I’m the annoying one who stalks people until they notice me, so piece of shit?

Now notice me. *holds water gun up*

PC Master Race

I notice some people treat NPCs like they're subhumans and give no reaction to them, or have any qualms about slaughtering them. But when any injustice is done to a PC they become a moral paragon.

3. OOC Casanova

View attachment 675476

No woman in the discord is safe from his uncomfortable advances. Every day the OOC Casanova looks up "When will VR sex over the internet be invented?" because he wants them digital cheeks. It matters not that he can't actually get them, you're female and he's laying ethernet cable. No it's not a coincidence that he only talks in the server when female RPers are around. No it's not platonic when he wants to ship with your characters. No it's not reasonable to ask "RPNGirl87" what her address and SSN is.

These hanger ons might be fantastic writers. They might be great assets to your RP in general.

But what are they best at? Simping! May god have mercy on Casanova's soul.
7. The OOC psychopath edgelord

View attachment 675490
This weird example of humanity gone wrong often says shit that's banned by the Geneva convention. They watched Naruto when they were eleven, saw Sasuke acting like a little bitch and said to themselves -- "THAT RIGHT THERE, IMMA BE THAT!" this product of Zumies and Hot Topic can be found at the mall looking for bumperstickers. No they don't have a car, it's for their mirror or dresser. They hate God, hate you, want to see you die and their characters are 2008 cringelords.

These Mansonites want the world to burn, and now they're in your discord server. This nihilistic force of willpower will write edgelord characters with such dark-steeped backgrounds its actually impressive. It's best to leave this unique animal alone, you don't want them to rage at you. They might even DM you a cursed image.

RedLight RedLight get called out nerd

I’m enjoying this thread so much! XD Thank you for this~ It has made my day!

Not sure if I have anything to add...or anything that hasn’t already been covered...

The English Teacher - Closely related to the Grammar Nazi, this person takes every grammar mistake and mispelled words and keeps a running tally. The biggest difference between a Grammar Nazi and the English Teacher is that they will practically grade your work (in terms of mechanics, spelling, and grammar - never your story elements because those weren’t important to them) and then disguise their disdain for your work as ‘helpful advice’ - which usually comes off as passive aggressive at best and completely toxic at worst. While this is nice for maybe...three posts, they do this habitually. Every post you make, every chance you take, every spellcheck that breaks - they are there, to judge the bejeezus out of you...and break your soul.

The Mad Scientist - It is ALIVE! (But usually not for long) This person has watched Frankenstein one time too many and sees every character and story as a chance to experiment. While not necessarily a bad thing, if left unchecked, you may find yourself grabbing a torch and pitchfork and humming a mob song to deal with an out of control character. Considered a cousin of the Mary Sue/Gary Stu and the Line-Crosser - characters of a mad scientist tend to pan out in only one of two ways. They either create something brilliant that actually works in a story and plays nicely with other characters...or you get a character that makes everyone else think ‘Kill it with fire’.

If you find yourself writing with a Mad Scientist, enjoy the creativity they bring in, but be ready to put on the brakes when they start wandering into dangerous waters. They won’t know they’re in over their head until they’re drowning.

The ‘Open to Critique’ person who is actually saying ‘OMG, if you say anything bad about my writing I will take it as a personal offense and claw out your eyes’ - Ah yes, this is an interesting species of writer. They want to know why people bail on them after a few posts and claim to be open to constructive criticism, they go ballistic if you actually point out something that is an issue. They will than fly into a tirade where they attack you as a person - calling you a plethora of foul things - and then block you before you can say anything. Bonus points if they write more during their attack on you than they ever wrote for their characters in the story.

Performance Anxiety Person - The writer that is insecure, young, new to RP, or has been through enough toxic partners that they freak out over every post. Every failed role play they think is somehow their fault (which is possible, but usually is a gross over-estimation) and if they do get someone to stick around, they seek reassurance from their partner(s) on a routine basis. Healthy in small doses, but pure poison in larger doses, most really do try to be a good partner - but trip themselves up in the pursuit of perfection - which is too subjective to ever attain.

Enjoyable, keep it up. You have a thing for this kind of comedic roleplay satire.

If I were to propose a suggestion: the extraterrestrial elitist.

An individual with such an estranged set of favourite ideas, topics, and story elements that they might be from Mars. But not any kind of martian, the deadly, kill earthlings variety, which sees no other form of enjoyment than their own as sacrelige.

Um...I don't think I am purely any of these.

~~I could be a moisture farmer, though, if I put my mind to it.~~

13. Stalin

Cyka Blyat pussy, I run this RP and you're lucky to be here. The Stalin is an authoritarian GM who fails to understand that they need the players as much as the player needs the GM. Ol' Stalin over here will shut down anything that doesn't fit their narrow view and loves nothing more than blocking player requests at the rim. At any rate, Stalin is a hard counter for Habitual Line Stepper. However, with any other RP archetype the Stalin is a disaster. RPs require give and take, and commadore over here is all about the take, plus redistribution to their own ego after they lock you up like prime Bill Russell.

Look Stalin, maybe you should go write a book if you want 100% creative control. We aren't your slaves and your story isn't winning Pulitzers so stop with the ego trip and let people create a little.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore lol get called out nerd (I'd like to say I've eased up on this a lot since making TCS, but I was totally like this almost a year ago when I first made my rp....

sorry about that fellas)

7. The OOC psychopath edgelord

View attachment 675490
This weird example of humanity gone wrong often says shit that's banned by the Geneva convention. They watched Naruto when they were eleven, saw Sasuke acting like a little bitch and said to themselves -- "THAT RIGHT THERE, IMMA BE THAT!" this product of Zumies and Hot Topic can be found at the mall looking for bumperstickers. No they don't have a car, it's for their mirror or dresser. They hate God, hate you, want to see you die and their characters are 2008 cringelords.

These Mansonites want the world to burn, and now they're in your discord server. This nihilistic force of willpower will write edgelord characters with such dark-steeped backgrounds its actually impressive. It's best to leave this unique animal alone, you don't want them to rage at you. They might even DM you a cursed image.
Haz. Haz. also get called out nerd

Ahhhh, yes, another two in the books. 14 and 15, the Irrational Hope guy and the Unicorn Collector.

Haz. Haz. also get called out nerd
he used to be so much worse when we were both like 12 and on the roleplaying subforum of the roblox forums though

like no joke I used to absolutely hate him when I was younger because he quoted edgy ass shit from youtube videos and came off as such a little jerk

though tbh definitely not as much as some of the others who roamed the same lands at the same time, there were some much more rotten behaviors going around there than being an edgy kid ;-;

and this should all be taken with a lot of salt because little me was going through some irl shit and tended to be very salty when even slightly inconvenienced in the magical happy place, and as such probably viewed things a little more onyx-colored than they were

obviously he’s cool now, I’ve more than forgiven him and junk, plus my ego has died enough that I admit I wasn’t any better in some aspects at the time

but geeeez

again no offense Haz. Haz. you are literally one of my favorite fellow roleplayers now and I wish I could write as much at such quality as you

but you really used to suck dude

Oh fuck Kazami42 Kazami42 has summoned me. Ummm alright I guess I can give it a shot, I haven't really RP'd on here for a while so I'll give it my best shot.

When I first started (World of Tomorrow) in 2016 I was most likely the first one, which is the closest thing to a noob you can get on the list. Being a nation builder and the first RP I basically have ever done, the nation I made (which Kazami knows very well) basically became the world power without even trying because hover tanks, laser rifles, flying fortresses, and other sci-fi shenanigans in what was supposed to be a post-apocalyptic nation builder. Yes, this is one of my biggest RP regrets.

As for what I am now I don't really know. The only nation-builders I have ever done has been with people from World of Tomorrow or WoT spinoffs. On the side, I did some realistic/modern hero RP's cause why not. First really was an edgy mary sue, so MarySue Creation Station at that time, but soon I developed a toned down and significantly less edgy version of that dude. I then switched to an iron man-esque character who was essentially the tank but not quite the mary sue the first guy was.

As Kazami said, it's gonna take a scientific breakdown in order to find out what I really am. If I had to say one it'd be the scientific, technological, and logical characters/nations/whatever. Although that isn't really a type of person on RPN thing, more of a favorite type of archetype thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back