• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Twelve

Baconhands

The Traveller
Twelve represents luck: the number before thirteen, twelve gods that grace the heavens and twelve that grace their symbols upon the mortal's unworthy skin. They bless those born within the time they own, they bestow personality, knowledge and power among their children in hopes to provide their mortal's with wisdom. Every mortal born in their time gives them energy, it sustains them and allows them to continue to keep the world and universe in balance. The Twelve are proud and wise, merciful and just, and observe instead of intervene, and sometimes, as siblings do, they bicker and fight among each other, and rarely work together. That is in most situations.

Janos, the Great Serpent, plagued the world with death, famine, plague and war, and threatened to completely destroy the twelve Gods in their entirety. By the sheer wisdom and terrifyingly sharp and balanced mind of Libra, the sixth youngest sibling, the eternal beings came together to defeat Janos and restore balance to the world.

Nearly destroying themselves in such an intense battle, nearly all of the Zodiac beings were forced to go into an 'Eternal sleep', all except three: Libra, Capricorn and Sagittarius. They restored balance to the world, and cared for all of the gods' children as their siblings slumbered, ensuring that their brothers and sisters did not pass on. Sustaining the world weakened the three gods, and soon, they fell into an eternal slumber, and the mortals began to fall into disarray. Yet the gods were not completely unaware.

When each of the gods fell into their slumber, a fraction of their being broke off from them, and buried itself in a new born babe, born in the time they owned. They controlled the child as it grew, fashioning the babe into the their ideal being, with powers none of the other mortals possessed, their personalities shining through the mortals. These mortals lived longer than most, and grew slower, and as these beings died, the Gods grew weaker; more shards broke off, embodying themselves in new beings so they can continue to survive. Yet now the Gods no longer have power to control the mortals they inhabit, only Libra can, and thus they don't remember that they are Gods and Libra, every reincarnation, desperately tries to find them and convince the mortals of their powers, as they are his siblings.

As the Gods survive, so does Janos, but Janos has not forgotten. Janos' being is in the same state as the Gods, yet he remembers, and every mortal he possesses, while at first an independent being, is always overpowered by Janos. He knows the gods are weak, yet he doesn't know that they can't control their being, and when he does find out, he will hunt down all of the reincarnations of the gods and eliminate them.

It is prophesied that Janos will discover the Gods' weakness, and that darkness will swallow the world in a maelstrom of chaos. Libra knows this, and understands this: it is a race against time. It is said that if the resting place of the gods is found by the mortals then the Gods can rise again and restore balance, but Janos has many allies and minions.

So this is basically my story line: there will be twelve hero characters (Thirteen technically because of the Twins for Gemini) based on one of the twelve zodiac symbols: Capricorn, Cancer, Libra, Aquarius, Sagittarius, Virgo, Scorpio, Leo, Pisces, Aries, Taurus and Gemini. These are essentially gods, but after a long war with a powerful enemy, they all went into slumber. Parts of their being breaks off and possess a mortal: these are the characters that everyone will be RPing. The characters have certain powers, but they do not know that they are the Gods, so don't know how to use these powers, except for Libra.

The characters are constantly being hunted by the minions of the Janos, the Serpent, and the being he has possessed. Libra is trying to find his siblings before they get hunted down by Janos, and it is depending on the person playing Libra, though it is likely I will be playing both Janos and Libra, as to whether Libra convinces the characters that they are essentially one of the Zodiac symbols.

Upon convincing them, Libra will try to find the 'resting place of the gods' and will try to reanimate the gods. Janos will try to stop them.

That's my basic story, but I'm open to suggestions.

Reserved (For now):

Libra: @Baconhands

Gemini: @ShurikenPhoenix (For one of the twins)

Sagittarius: Available

Leo: Available

Virgo: Available

Scorpio: Reviewing applications

Capricorn: Available

Aries: @SomatoToup123

Taurus: Available

Pisces: Available

Cancer: Available

Aquarius: @Yunn

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to check whether people would sign up for it first, if a couple more people say yes then I'll start a reservation list. Most likely first come first serve

I'm interested c: (And I noticed, but I believe that Gemini are the twins)

Would this be simple, casual, or detailed? And would this take place in a modern world, or a different one?

I remember making a a character in a zodiac rp, but it never really started due to lack of interest. T^T

I'm interested.

If reservations are open, I wouldn't mind Sagittarius. That is unless someone wants to do something cool with the Gemini twins.

But until someone messages me, Sagittarius.

:o this sounds so good! Even though there's already so much interest I would love to play one half of the Gemini, being one myself. No one has said Leo though, so possibly Leo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone already get Leo? I would like to join and and be my zodiac sign which is Leo xD If someone did, then i guess im bye bye

Yunn said:
I'm interested c: (And I noticed, but I believe that Gemini are the twins)
Would this be simple, casual, or detailed? And would this take place in a modern world, or a different one?

I remember making a a character in a zodiac rp, but it never really started due to lack of interest. T^T
I was hoping for detailed, but casual may be a more viable idea. Most likely a modern world, though I'm tempted to set it in an almost dystopian world as the gods are in slumber. I'm open to suggestions of course

Baconhands said:
I was hoping for detailed, but casual may be a more viable idea. Most likely a modern world, though I'm tempted to set it in an almost dystopian world as the gods are in slumber. I'm open to suggestions of course
What's the minimum sentences/paragraphs?

Obsessed said:
What's the minimum sentences/paragraphs?
Minimum of six sentences and/or 2 paragraphs. I think that's fair. Some RPs I'm in encourage doing sixteen sentences per post so we get more incite into the character, though I think that may be a little too much for a casual RP that I want to keep sustainable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back