• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Truth About Heros - OOC

Yes, if it's a race/creature that happens not to be listed within the list in the tab of Map/Race I'll just need you to describe it on your character sheet. Of which I'm currently working on.​

With regards to the races provided, are we allowed to play with conventions a little bit?? 🤔

Like, say, for example: An Orc that's a pacifist?

I am not restricting classes nor alignment, so yes a pacifist orc is allowed.​

Heya :) I've posted my character, Ceira.

I am unsure if there is anything you'd prefer me to re-write in order to better fit with the plot/story that you had in mind, but if there are any issues just let me know and i'll be happy to work around them. I may have an image for her soon, if I have time to draw one.

Posted my gal! I hope she's ok! I've never tried that particular race before but they seemed to interesting to pass up! Please let me know if anything's not quite right or up to parr with the sheet tho!!

If it's alright, I might make a second character too? But only maybe, I wanna see what else other people make first 🌞 🌞

That's fine to make another Terrier B Terrier B .

I have a question for everyone who has posted a character. Since I want to give a chance to see if anyone else joins, but I don't want to keep you all waiting, does it seem like a good idea to post the actual role-play and give you all the option of explaining how your character c(ame to volunteer? Or have you interact with some nonessential NPCs?
Nixiee Nixiee , Shinro_Suke Shinro_Suke , TheBeemo TheBeemo

OOooo, I'd be really down for doing that since I'm an eager beaver with this, very excited to start haha.

But I suppose maybe like, give one more day or so just to see if the interested people wanna hop in?? Idk.

We can always start character discussing and plot planning in the OOC in the meantime 😀

Very true, I have a general idea for most of the major story, but I would most definitely love to hear any suggestions you have for a character arc, side quests, really anything. Not to say you all haven't already given me wonderful ideas with your characters' histories.​

I don't mind waiting to see if anyone else would like to join - Though I am super excited to start :)

Out of curiosity for introductions, how is the volunteering being marketed? Is it a well-known cause, or are there flyers, a meeting at a town hall? Is the newly-crowned prince doing a tour of the empire?

It is both marketed by flyers, mercenary guilds, and rumors. Those that support the prince's cause help spread the word of the search, while those who are wary of possible tyranny speak ill of it. Due to the damage the capital of the empire took when the prince stormed the king's castle and with how fragile the interactions between the factions of races are, it's easier to have possible adventurers come to the capital to be screened. It's also better to have a small group of personally picked people than having 30 reports of the same story of varying truth.​

That makes sense - I can see Ceira travelling to the capital to either volunteer or at least give the Prince a piece of her mind about it all!

Well since Shinro is learning to be a blacksmith traveling to other places to learn more techniques and ect. would give him more of a reason to go to the capital to find a quest with the prince

Hey, so can my character be a cannibal? Idk if something like that will be appropriate for this rp. I can change if needed to.

While I quite enjoy Delvin the way he is, having a willing cannibal in the middle of a party of whose goal is to remove people who indulge such things, will definitely cause too much animosity almost immediately the moment Delvin reveals his hunger. However, that still doesn't he still can't be cannibalistic. He'll just have to be either a unwilling or unwittingly participant to his desires. Eating flesh in a magical world has consequences, so maybe he's beginning a slow transformation into a ghoul/wendigo/similar creature.​

While I quite enjoy Delvin the way he is, having a willing cannibal in the middle of a party of whose goal is to remove people who indulge such things, will definitely cause too much animosity almost immediately the moment Delvin reveals his hunger. However, that still doesn't he still can't be cannibalistic. He'll just have to be either a unwilling or unwittingly participant to his desires. Eating flesh in a magical world has consequences, so maybe he's beginning a slow transformation into a ghoul/wendigo/​
Oh I didn't know that's part of your world, yeah I like the sound of that.

While there are some hard rules to how the world is fleshed out, I'm not going to sacrifice the fun for a lackluster piece of information that restricts.​

While there are some hard rules to how the world is fleshed out, I'm not going to sacrifice the fun for a lackluster piece of information that restricts.​
Oh that's cool.

Oh and I edited my character to show the consequences of his action. Are you okay with that?

I’m excited!! I feel like Lys + Devin would make a good team in a weird neutral-morality kind of way... maybe, haha.

Otherwise though, I’m trying to figure out how/why Lys would help out when she’s legit just so blase about anything and everything. She’d maybe do it if directly asked, but idk. Haha, will have to think about it 🤔

I’m excited!! I feel like Lys + Devin would make a good team in a weird neutral-morality kind of way... maybe, haha.

Otherwise though, I’m trying to figure out how/why Lys would help out when she’s legit just so blase about anything and everything. She’d maybe do it if directly asked, but idk. Haha, will have to think about it 🤔
I like the sound of that

Also maybe she'll come to the thing out of curiorosity and then decide to help.That's how I'm having Devin come to it(mainly to mock the prince though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back