• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Trapdoor Spiders

Im not sure computers would be my character's strong suit, but more along the lines of things with moving parts.
My character builds robots, AI, and other things in advanced robotics. That's similar, but not exactly the same. I just wanted you to be aware that there would be similarities. Not that I would mind. :)

Name: Zara, or just Z/Zee
Height: 5”3’
Appearance:
3052F90B-AB5D-484A-B6C5-6B1EE2AD66E5.jpeg
Powers: Claircognizance and Psychometry. The psychometry is something she can turn off and on at will, but the claircognizance is just something that happens. Generally it’s consistent in giving her information she needs to keep herself safe or accomplish a task/deal with a person, but every once in a while it gives her nothing at all and leaves her just as clueless as everyone else, so she has to stay on her toes.
Notes: After separating from the others, not trusting The System to keep her safe after being failed by it already, she fell back on stealing and pickpocketing to survive, and eventually fell in among rough and criminal crowds. She became very useful to certain parties by using her psychometry to crack safes and guess passcodes, her claircognizance to give them information no one else can get - for the right price. She lets herself look small and harmless, then robs people blind while others provide distractions or muscle. Her claircognizance keeps her moderately useful in a fight despite her small size, often allowing her to predict attacks and then strike quickly with a knife or baton. Her only enforced requirement for those she works with is that there be no unnecessary death. She’s a thief, not a murderer.

Name: Bella Rosston
Height: 5'3"
Appearance: A Young African American girl, With brown hair and hazel colored eyes and Light brown skin. She normally wears are different colored hoodies and t-shirts, and either sweatpants or Shorts. She is seen wearing sneakers.
Powers: Bella can manipulate ice from her body, but the longer she uses her powers the more tired she can get, if she overuses her power, there is a chance the power can kill her, Bella is immune to ice.
Notes: FEARS SPIDERS

https://www.rpnation.com/posts/11296980/react?reaction_id=1
As long as her powers are psychic in nature, this looks good to me. :)

Name: Zara, or just Z/Zee
Height: 5”3’
Appearance:
View attachment 972457
Powers: Claircognizance and Psychometry. The psychometry is something she can turn off and on at will, but the claircognizance is just something that happens. Generally it’s consistent in giving her information she needs to keep herself safe or accomplish a task/deal with a person, but every once in a while it gives her nothing at all and leaves her just as clueless as everyone else, so she has to stay on her toes.
Notes: After separating from the others, not trusting The System to keep her safe after being failed by it already, she fell back on stealing and pickpocketing to survive, and eventually fell in among rough and criminal crowds. She became very useful to certain parties by using her psychometry to crack safes and guess passcodes, her claircognizance to give them information no one else can get - for the right price. She lets herself look small and harmless, then robs people blind while others provide distractions or muscle. Her claircognizance keeps her moderately useful in a fight despite her small size, often allowing her to predict attacks and then strike quickly with a knife or baton. Her only enforced requirement for those she works with is that there be no unnecessary death. She’s a thief, not a murderer.
I like.

So far we got three characters. I'll take one or two more, then I'll get the actual starter written up and into the Group RP section.

Cool. Hmu if we end up needing a telekinetic heavy hitter and I can wiggle a sibling into Zara’s story easy enough. Only if you want/need him of course haha I am perfectly fine doing just one, too

Cool. Hmu if we end up needing a telekinetic heavy hitter and I can wiggle a sibling into Zara’s story easy enough. Only if you want/need him of course haha I am perfectly fine doing just one, too
I'm gonna give Feral, Windjammer, and Averis some time to drop a character sheet. If they don't, and nobody else has, then feel free.

Name: Valentine Corleone

Height: 6'8"

Appearance: Valentine is very tall rather muscular tanned man with black, wavy, shoulder length hair and cocoa brown eyes. He almost always wears rugged clothing and shop gloves due to always working on big machines. The oilier and more old fashioned the better. He has no absolutely no desire to deal with heavily computerized anything. He even prefers to still use bills and coins.

Powers: Valentine can fix anything that has an engine or motor. He got an old Ford Model A to run in a week and a half. He can also use these skills to cobble together other things. A perfect example was a homemade pitching machine that he loaded with rocks.
There are exceptions, however. He has absolutely no understanding of computers. If something has computerized parts he can only fix the physical parts to that machine. If someone asked him to fix a really new kind of plane for example, he would only be able to fix the engines or landing gear. The computers and software would be a no-go, likewise, anything considered a smart device will not be taken on. No questions.

Notes: He does have a cell phone and a laptop, however he won't even pretend to know how to work on such things. If you ask him to try, he is guaranteed tell you no.

Valentine is very used to doing things himself. He doesn't like to ask people for help and he doesn't care much for people volunteering. He also doesn't talk about himself much at all, and is not open about his feelings or him being gay.

-----

How's this look?

Last edited:
Name: Valentine Corleone

Height: 6'8"

Appearance: Valentine is very tall rather muscular tanned man with black, wavy, shoulder length hair and cocoa brown eyes. He almost always wears rugged clothing and shop gloves due to always working on big machines. The oilier and more old fashioned the better. He has no absolutely no desire to deal with heavily computerized anything. He even prefers to still use bills and coins.

Powers: Valentine can fix anything that has an engine or motor. He got an old Ford Model A to run in a week and a half. He can also use these skills to cobble together other things. A perfect example was a homemade pitching machine that he loaded with rocks.
There are exceptions, however. He has absolutely no understanding of computers. If something has computerized parts he can only fix the physical parts to that machine. If someone asked him to fix a really new kind of plane for example, he would only be able to fix the engines or landing gear. The computers and software would be a no-go, likewise, anything considered a smart device will not be taken on. No questions.

Notes: He does have a cell phone and a laptop, however he won't even pretend to know how to work on such things. If you ask him to try, he is guaranteed tell you no.

Valentine is very used to doing things himself. He doesn't like to ask people for help and he doesn't care much for people volunteering. He also doesn't talk about himself much at all, and is not open about his feelings or him being gay.

-----

How's this look?
Looks good to me. C: If you'd like, you could also give your character the power to assemble machines with his mind. As it stands he's still a fine fit regardless.

Name: Andres ‘Andy’ Carmello
Height: 5’9
Appearance: A Hispanic Man with Short-slicked back black hair and green eyes. His upper body is covered in tattoos. Small scar on right side of chin. (I might find a pic that fits description then I’ll post it here)
Powers:
Notes: After experiencing the world, he found himself becoming hooked on various substances and being involved I. Organized crime, associating himself with the Carmelo family (he took it as his last name). Ever since the feds busted their LA warehouse, he’s been taking odd jobs. Enjoys the musical stylings of ‘Tyler the Creator

DM me if I got in

Also might change power because not feeling great about it

Last edited:
Name: Alliana 'Lia' Gray
Appearance: With her small frame and childlike figure, Lia isn't very imposing, not looking a day over sixteen. She has long brown hair that she prefers to leave down, bright blue eyes, and lightly tanned skin. She's not particularly muscular or toned- she's more slim, with an agile build fit for a gymnast or runner.
Powers: Lia has the ability to project her energy, which manifests itself in the form of an animal. Lia typically can't keep these manifestations solid for very long, though- in order to keep these projections, she must transfer her consciousness into them, in a process she calls 'energy shifting'. While 'shifted', her physical body is completely vulnerable, though her energy projections are impervious to damage- they can be broken up by strong telepathic, sonar, or EMP waves, though, leaving her often stunned and dazed for a couple of minutes.
Notes: Lia is the youngest of the 'siblings', and tends to act out in order to try and 'prove herself'- often getting herself in trouble in the process.

Name: Andres ‘Andy’ Carmello
Height: 5’9
Appearance: A Hispanic Man with Short-slicked back black hair and green eyes. His upper body is covered in tattoos. Small scar on right side of chin. (I might find a pic that fits description then I’ll post it here)
Powers: Black shirt and a ten gallon hat - Is able to subconsciously collect an emended amount of small details and carry them for long periods of time, however only being able to call on them when confronted with someone asking about it or some such stimuli. Due to this he had an immense knowledge of firearms and mechanical object operation.
Notes: After experiencing the world, he found himself becoming hooked on various substances and being involved I. Organized crime, associating himself with the Carmelo family (he took it as his last name). Ever since the feds busted their LA warehouse, he’s been taking odd jobs. Enjoys the musical stylings of ‘Tyler the Creator

DM me if I got in

Also might change power because not feeling great about it
The power doesn't seem to fit too well. It kind of bumps against other powers already made, and doesn't feel psychicly linked. Otherwise, it's good. I'd revise the power though.

Name: Alliana 'Lia' Gray
Appearance: With her small frame and childlike figure, Lia isn't very imposing, not looking a day over sixteen. She has long brown hair that she prefers to leave down, bright blue eyes, and lightly tanned skin. She's not particularly muscular or toned- she's more slim, with an agile build fit for a gymnast or runner.
Powers: Lia has the ability to project her energy, which manifests itself in the form of an animal. Lia typically can't keep these manifestations solid for very long, though- in order to keep these projections, she must transfer her consciousness into them, in a process she calls 'energy shifting'. While 'shifted', her physical body is completely vulnerable, though her energy projections are impervious to damage- they can be broken up by strong telepathic, sonar, or EMP waves, though, leaving her often stunned and dazed for a couple of minutes.
Notes: Lia is the youngest of the 'siblings', and tends to act out in order to try and 'prove herself'- often getting herself in trouble in the process.
It works for me. I'll start working on the starter now.

Hi so is it okay if my character has the ability to cast illusions or is that taken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back