• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Trapdoor Spiders

A_Prince_of_Earthsea

A brilliant and expansive expression of light
"-To my fellow orphans of state,

I hope This message finds you well. I know after wHat you've likEly faced in Your life, you could use some company. PerhAps it would be Right to gEt some of our old bunkmates together this Winter And have us a good old Time. The holidays are saCred after all. I've been visiting the old cHurch, gettING in touch with mY spiritual side. This October has been Unusually cold.

Meet me at the old church.

-
Best Wishes, MB
"

---

We were orphans picked up by the state. Not one of us had any relatives to take us in. No one to come looking for us. The men in the red coats came to take us away. They stashed us away in secret facilities, did all kinds of experiments. Some of us had our heads all screwed up, others got their guts all messed up. The lucky ones. There were 43 of us. Subjects to project Olympia. The Department of Psychic Phenomenon had us strapped up to fuckin' tables. Had us look at pictures and shit. They called us Espers. Only 7 of us made it out alive. When they were done with their tests, and the project was ended, they didn't really want us getting out. Locked us all up. Kept on studying is for the longest time. That was until we broke out. Scattered throughout the country. Haven't seen any of my "siblings" since. Hope they're okay. Feds been sniffing around lately.

It's been seven years. It might be time to get the gang back together.

(DIARY OF M.B.)

---

This role play takes place in modern times, though the plot stretches far back before then. Our characters are powerful psychics called Espers, who were once trapped in a government facility before escaping. Now, my character is trying to get them back together to try and solve the mystery behind why they were experimented ok in the first place. The Old Church is a code name for a now defunct facility once used by the government to perform experiments on children with possible psychic powers.

I'm looking for role players who are able to write at least a paragraph per response. I'd like everyone to have an interesting and unique character, with their esper powers manifesting in unique ways. Like some being telekinetic, while others can project illusions into other people's minds, or produce energy with their minds, etc.

-Character Sheet-
Name:
Height:
Appearance:
Powers:
Notes: (Any other details you'd like to share about your character.)

-:MY CHARACTER:-
Name: Tommy (No last name) goes by the Alias Machine Brother
Appearance: Tommy is tall, broad-shouldered, and lean. His shoulder-length hair is white from the years of experimentation. He also bares scars from the experiments all over his otherwise flawless skin. He typically wears high-waisted trousers with black high-tops, and a pink turtleneck. Always, he wears large round, pastel yellow-tinted glasses.
277311990_686182719267228_8635690958597701196_n.jpg
Powers: Digital Synthesis - Tommy can interact with digital infrastructure. Any form of technology that uses programming can be read by him, and altered by him. He can do it from a short distance, but it gets more difficult the further the distance.
Notes:
-It took less than a year for Tommy to realize he could never live a normal life. He had a few close brushes with the law that nearly had him caught. He had no identity, no money, no help. He adapted though. Using his power, Tommy had siphoned millions of dollars from dozens of accounts. He had to build a long network of contacts online to barter and trade for everything he needed. Even getting food dropped off at locations for him. Soon though, mere survival wasn't enough. Tommy began planning, and amassed resources for his own secret project: Trapdoor Spider.
-Tommy is sharp-eyed, wary, but sensitive and wants more than anything to have people to love in his life. Several years of solitude has made him socially inept.
-Tommy lives his life by four cardinal virtues; Generosity, Loyalty, Integrity, and Humility.
-He's more than willing to kill people, especially if he deems them morally repugnant.

Last edited:
Ohhh im interested, this RP sounds nice :]

Ohhh im interested, this RP sounds nice :]
Please feel free to make a character sheet, so we can see if they'll work out. I likely won't reject any character outright as long as they make sense. I'd just want to make sure they'll be right for the RP.

This sounds interesting! Possible to join in with a character with claircognizance/psychometry?
That sounds like a really fun power to RP. That could allow me to give your character all kinds of hints and information that even my character wouldn't know.

I'm interested as well! Gotta come up with an interesting ability though 🤔
My character can read files on electronic devices and rewrite programing for machines with his mind. We have someone who's likely going to make a character with psychometry. We don't really have a heavy hitter with an overtly offensive power. This rp is a bit inspired by the movie Firestarter, so if you want you could have your character have the ability to directly assault someone with their mind, or have pyrokinesis/cryokinesis. Or just Telekinesis.

Whenever you get an idea for how you want to make your character, please make a character sheet so I can look it over. :)

If we end up needing an extra heavy hitter character, I’m up for potentially having two that are siblings? Only if we need it, or if it’s ok to have two when we’re working within a limited number of characters. I have to get ready for work now but I can work up a character sheet once I get home tonight :)

Also, quick question about character sheets, Did you want them PM’d to you, or dropped here in public for everyone’s perusal? Haha

Last edited:
interested!! thinking of maybe some kind of energy projection that takes the form of animals?

If we end up needing an extra heavy hitter character, I’m up for potentially having two that are siblings? Only if we need it, or if it’s ok to have two when we’re working within a limited number of characters. I have to get ready for work now but I can work up a character sheet once I get home tonight :)

Also, quick question about character sheets, Did you want them PM’d to you, or dropped here in public for everyone’s perusal? Haha
I don't mind either way with the character sheet.

I'd prefer everyone to have just one main character for now.

Name
Lorelai "Rory" Bachmer

Height
5'0"

Appearance
Rory's stout frame and round eyes reveal a warmth about her, something evident in the affection she freely gives others. Her hair is short, a slightly grown out pixie cut, with two longer parts of her thick coils usually braided to frame her face.
Rory prefers to wear tank tops and sweatpants no matter the weather, along with a pair of old combat boots with thick soles to bump her up to 5'1". Her arms also vary in appearance day by day, as she enjoys putting on different none-permanent tattoos.

Powers
Rory can form energy from her body into extra body parts (limbs, eyes, mouths, etc.). If she isn't taking care of herself by eating and sleeping her abilities can seriously sap her health and could even kill her.

Notes
•Intense fear of needles (being pricked by one can send her into a terrified frenzy and anyone in the vicinity may be subject to her rage)

Name
Lorelai "Rory" Bachmer

Height
5'0"

Appearance
Rory's stout frame and round eyes reveal a warmth about her, something evident in the affection she freely gives others. Her hair is short, a slightly grown out pixie cut, with two longer parts of her thick coils usually braided to frame her face.
Rory prefers to wear tank tops and sweatpants no matter the weather, along with a pair of old combat boots with thick soles to bump her up to 5'1". Her arms also vary in appearance day by day, as she enjoys putting on different none-permanent tattoos.

Powers
Rory can form energy from her body into extra body parts (limbs, eyes, mouths, etc.). If she isn't taking care of herself by eating and sleeping her abilities can seriously sap her health and could even kill her.

Notes
•Intense fear of needles (being pricked by one can send her into a terrified frenzy and anyone in the vicinity may be subject to her rage)
I like it.

I’m just on break at work rn and can’t post a character sheet til lunch or after work, but for appearance do we prefer descriptions, or images?

Name: Bella Rosston
Height: 5'3"
Appearance: A Young African American girl, With brown hair and hazel colored eyes and Light brown skin. She normally wears are different colored hoodies and t-shirts, and either sweatpants or Shorts. She is seen wearing sneakers.
Powers: Bella can manipulate ice from her body, but the longer she uses her powers the more tired she can get, if she overuses her power, there is a chance the power can kill her, Bella is immune to ice.
Notes: FEARS SPIDERS

https://www.rpnation.com/posts/11296980/react?reaction_id=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back