• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"im dead, i must be...shot?.. stabbed?... I...I.. was it.. a croc? I don't remember.." Mike Ceel opened his eyes to darkness. Looking down at the floor and all around provided no help. Black as when you sleep with no dreams, yet it felt like others are present...Someone bumped into him in said darkness, but both bodies remained upright unable to truly effect each other or communicate.
It was odd... Mike shouted a barrage of swears as red text appeared infront of him.

None heard him however, not one soul heard anything as red text appeared infront of each of them.

You died.
Doesn't matter how but your time on earth has ended...
You and others in the same situation,
that situation being death
Have been chosen from a pool of souls at random.
You can either choose to pass on,
which I'm sad to inform you all religions got it wrong.
Pastafarian ironically being the closest to the truth out of all earth beliefs but only cause it's a mess as... Never mind...
If you choose to pass on this version of you is no more...

But. If you agree to be chosen,

You can live again!
In a new body with all the knowledge you have acquired...
The world will be different
But you will learn quickly,
your soul having lived a previous lifetime
will begin anew str
onger then the average person...

there is magic in this world... yes, once you live again you have the potential to become a hero but ultimately the choice is yours. You can help people or you could make the world a terrible place to live.

It may be hard,
Yes. But anything worth doing usually is...
Before you is sheet of paper, you need to sign it to enter this new world. All you need to do is pick up the pen.

The red text went on for ages but finally a pen appeared, a quill more like actually. A feather dipped in ink? Paper floated beside it. As Mike reached out to grab the paper to read a voice appeared.

"You just need to sign above the line on the bottom of the paper, your Name, your weapon, your magic, all your information has been decided already. You will enter a world named Aerth. Magic exists. And like all magic worlds you reincarnate into, the language everyone speaks is Japanese with English subtitles..."
Mike stood in bewilderment as he held the pen and paper. Signing at the bottom without reading "Fucking what? English subtitles?" He blurted out searching for a voice, as he signed his name the paper folded into the size of a business card, displaying Mike's name, weapon, magic and power.
"I kid of course, it's basically English but they refer to it as different dialects of manspeak"
The voice seemed feminine and manly at the same time. Mike read the card quickly trying not to scream nani like a weeb, until the part about a weapon came up. "What's a Chakram?"
"a weapon of course."
"Oh wow smartass, looks like we need to fight fucking show ya self" Mike snapped at the darkness.
"Your weapon is a gift from the gods, it will grow strong as you shall and change to suit your needs and wants. But be warned it is the only weapon you have, you cannot arm yourself with anything other then a gift from the gods. That is your curse."
"But I can use a bow and arrow!" Mike begged loudly to the darkness, thinking of the most deadly (and reliable) weapon he has ever held. Apart from boomerangs but they aren’t exactly a reasonable weapon. "But they were more just hobbies..." he muttered.
"to bad, maybe someone will trade with you... just kidding don't ask, the only rule has been said, use the gods gifts only. Not a rule but just as important, one bearing gods gift cannot attack another bearing gods gift without first stating their presence. You will need to formally challenge that person to a duel."

Mike held his new magic business card like how a cat would look at a iPad screen.
"you have signed it, as have others. You will awaken in your body in a new world, adapt, survive, fight evil and praise the gods"
The voice and the red text appeared to each soul, the voice not answering questions unless it had a chance to make a dumb joke.
Mike couldn't help but feel the voice was becoming more dismissive as it went on, but suddenly...

He was standing in a grand hall of some sort a large purple crystal on a altar being the most obvious thing infront of him, also, he was wearing some sort of basic starting equipment? Leather shirt and pants?.. at his hip was a fancy looking blade in the shape of a circle. Like a sharp frisbee with a handle in the middle. Others appeared to be before the crystal as well. One had a trident on his back, another held a staff..
the purple crystal cast a dim light showing what seemed to be large stone brick walls. A banner hangs on the far side of the wall. A red with a gold symbol that looked like a shield with a sword and a staff crossing it diagonally.

With a cough Mike looked around and asked "anyone know what's going on? Did anyone else get told they were dead?"
His voice was Australian and seemed somewhat calm but the way those blue eyes nervously scan each person would probably indicate discomfort.

He felt alive... Confused, hungry, thirsty, the air was cold but a warmth radiates from the altar. "I.. I don't have words.." Mike muttered as he made a tactital decision to survey his sourroundings again.... Empty hall, crystal on altar... himself and some people by the altar in the room.
The red text and voice was seen and heard by each character I'm pretty sure I wrote everything needed to start as the voice. You can assume any questions you ask it will result in the same kind of answers.
Please pm me if you have any questions or want me to clarify anything.
Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen JayBird JayBird
Guilded Clover Guilded Clover Yahhah Yahhah Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Fletchawk Fletchawk Kabochamp Kabochamp GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

(No major rules apart from the sites, dont be a dick OOC dont do all those things most people post like controlling others posts etc etcetc. Post order is let two-three people post before you can again, you 1 2 3 you 1 2 3)
Have fun, don't die.

Last edited:
It was a flash and a cacophony of deafening, sharp noises. Just as quickly it hit, it ended. Nothingness and silence was all that James saw and heard. It was oddly peaceful until he suddenly started to see red text appear before him. James silently read the words carefully like he was reading a contract. It dawned upon him that he essentially was reading one. It all felt rather RPG-ish. He hadn't played much of those lately, thought he did play his fair share when he was younger. He continued to carefully ponder. The terms were straight forward, but what was the writer's intent? It felt awfully a lot like signing your soul away, literally. Gods, the words mentioned. Which ones? Not all gods were kind for benevolent. The Greek Gods were more flawed, vengeful and oddly human-like than humans themselves. There was so much information that was missing that James did not feel comfortable. But, if the words were to be believed, then he was dead and this was a chance to live once more. Was that something he wanted? He wasn't sure, but he was curious as to what all this was. He slowly picked up the pen and signed his name.

He suddenly found himself standing in some sort of hall and in front of him was an altar with a purple crystal that lightly illuminated the hall, though it was dim. There were others who looked just as confused as James felt, but this wasn't the time to lose his mind just yet. He heard someone talk and ask questions. "Seems like we're all in the same boat." as he continued to look around. James took a few steps around to see if he could get a better look around. However, it was rather dim in the room, but he recalled that the paper mentioned something about pyromancy or fire magic. With that, James was already intrigued and began to see if he could get a small fire as a light source in his hand as he raised his palm and focused.

Reneé woke up gasping for air. It seemed like just a minute ago, the darkness was closing in, suffocating her. Now she was here and the only thing she could do was read the red text that appeared in front of her. I died, but I can live again? Just sign the contract, she thought. This all sounded like some of the anime she used to watch with her brother, but it was real. It all felt shady to her, but she didn’t feel like she was ready to die. She took the pen in her hand and hesitated.

“I don’t think you know me very well; I’m not much of the fighting type. I’ll probably die first. Like, what the hell can I do with a magic staff? This isn’t some tabletop RPG here. My new life is on the line!”

She didn’t get much of a response, which she expected. Even the gods here don’t like my whining, I guess. After a moment of deliberation, she signed the contract. At least I know where I’m going this time.

A flash of light brought Reneé to a large hall. The lights were dim and she heard people talking. She rubbed the bridge of her nose. “Ugh, why do I get the feeling that I’m gonna regret this? Any of you guys feel the same way?” She couldn’t see them very well, but they felt very close.

Sarah's consciousness gradually returned to her. Returned? She couldn't remember losing it... as her mind wandered in a daze she became aware of the unnatural Black around her. Not darkness per se but a perfect lack of light.

Until the red text began to flash before her of course. Wait, dead? She died? No. This was the weirdest dream she'd had in a long time. Turning her attention to the feeling that there were others around her, she ignored the strong feeling that she was in fact fully awake. Being offered a chance to start again in a new world? Wow, this dream really knew her weak spot. She smiled as she took the feather when it appeared in front of her. "I hope the risk is worth the reward" she said, letting her voice fade into the void.

A card then floated up in front of her and she took it happily before frowning a little. "Water bending?" She sighed, at least it was something she may be able to make good use of. She was intrigued by the mention of the ring as well. Did a ring really count as a weapon? Best to not think about it.

Finally she found herself stood before an alter. There were others with her, mostly looking confused and nervous but she couldn't stop the smile that rose to her lips. This is going to be a great dream, she thought to herself as she looked around.

She smiled as a person near her asked about regrets. "Not at all. I think this is going to be amazing"

Groaning, Rynn sat up clutching her head. What the hell...happened, she thought. Last thing she remembered was a fire, copious amounts of smoke, darkness and then floating red words. None of which made any sense and further attempt at trying to recall anything resulted in her clutching her head again in pain. Nngh!! FUCK this sucks!!

Rynn let the pain subside before taking a deep breath and exhaling. Did I really die? Is this really a second chance? Taking stock of her situation Rynn saw she was in a dimly lit room with a purple crystal accompanied by several other people who appeared to be assessing the situation as well. Hmm strange magic crystal? Check. Grand hall with a Medieval-esque feel with clothes to match? Check. Group of people who look just as confused as I do? Check. Okay so this is sort of reminiscent of how those fantasy anime usually start off. Wait, how can I remember what anime is but not how the fuck I died?!

Shaking her head she got up and immediately noticed something was off. What the hell is on my chest? Looking down she saw two mounds protruding from her leather shirt. Despite the room being dimly lit there was no mistaking what she saw. “Boobs?!!”, As soon as the words came out, she clasped her hands over her mouth, shocked by the sudden feminine voice. Fighting back the serious panic attack that was threatening to overcome her she took several breaths. In and out. In and out. In and out.

After having calmed down she noticed a card by her right foot. Bending down to pick it up she read was on it. Name: Rynn, Age: 27, Gender: Female…..FEMALE?!! Okay okay don’t freak out. We can address this later once I know what the hell is going on. With that she kept reading the card, Weapon: Dagger, Magic: Poison, Power: Aura Sense.

Inspecting her body and ignoring the sudden increase in hips she saw that there was indeed a dagger there. Choosing to explore her abilities for a later time, Rynn slowly made her way towards the group where she overheard someone voicing that they thought this was going to be amazing. “Well at least someone’s optimistic”, Rynn said dryly. “Do any of you by chance know what’s going on or where we are?”

NeonFlow NeonFlow Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Guilded Clover Guilded Clover Kabochamp Kabochamp

Last edited:
As the reincarnated asked questions and took in their new surroundings, James caused a small explosion to erupt from his palm. A brief flash lit up the room slightly better then the crystal for a moment before the smell of singed hair wafted by. Mike had a small laugh before grunting loudly "your a wizard harry"

To no one in particular he provided more commentary, "oi the voice said... you have signed it, as have others. You will awaken in a new world...." his impression wasn't half bad.
"but that voice said everyone speaks Japanese with English subs... so I kinda feel like someone's taking the piss.."

Mike's feet on the stone floor felt cold and vulnerable, but it was then he notices his knees didn't click anymore, scars that were easy to spot replaced with normal skin.
"But also... i mean I'm looking at my feet, and I used to have a chunk out of the right foot... now I don't."
Jumping lightly into the air and clapping his feet together once with a broad chuckle. "I bet I could skate again now... this is great! I'm like a new man!"
A deep breath in and out with no tickle of a cough at all. Lifting up his shirt exposed the beginning of a decent four pack. "I feel like ive been put through the create-a-character of a skyrim knockoff... Maybe Bethesda took the extra step into evil and started trying to advertise skyrim in our dreams... someone shout and see if their dragonborn"
Mike's voice picked up speed as he spoke before taking another breath and looking towards the banner hanging by the door. "FUS!"
The banner didn't move as the fictional dragon word lightly echoed.
"Tsk" Mike hissed in disappointment. "well I think this proves I'm not team leader or dragonborn... who wants to jump the first person out that far door we see for info? This castle looks a bit... souls like if you ask me"
It seemed he was over his embarrassment and just looking to see if anyone was thinking along the lines he was....
if one of these people is dragonborn I'm kicking the first talos stone I see.
------------
interactions- anyone really

Guilded Clover Guilded Clover Yahhah Yahhah Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Fletchawk Fletchawk Kabochamp Kabochamp GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Last edited:
Frowning slightly, Sarah let her head tilt to the side as she thought. "I don't feel like I'm speaking Japanese?" Remembering an episode of Doctor Who she smiled "What would happen if one of us tried actually speaking Japanese?" She asked excitedly.

After Mike pointed out that he didn't have some of his old injuries she started examining herself. Not that she was ever the type to do activities that brought about scars or the like. She did feel better than usual though. She had gotten used to a general fatigue from lack of sleep and busy week days but that seemed to have been washed away.

"My 'power' appears to be mainly water based so I don't think I'll be discovering that I'm a dragonborn" she laughed and looked to the door. She had long grown out of over thinking this kind of thing but the idea of a whole new world behind that door was making her hesitate. "I could" she paused before continuing "go check it out?"

Please let someone else volunteer instead! She prayed internally.

James flinched at the mini explosion that popped out of his hand. It was pretty bright, but it was evident that he couldn't keep a small flame going, although... it was confirmed that he could indeed do some magic. Just... not too well yet it appeared. James looked at the others and replied "Yea, we should check it out... if we're in the middle of an ancient dungeon. Well, hopefully there's a respawn system or something like in a game." He was about to walk towards to the door, but then looked back on the crystal. It was the only light source in the room. What if this was indeed a dungeon? Were they going to try and walk through the dark? "Hold up a second, I don't like the idea of exploring without any light. We'll be blind as bats!" James walked towards the crystal instead to see if he could easily carry it or perhaps his "power" could be used. It was a giant crystal after all! Everyone liked and valued them, right?

~{Isabella}~
Interaction: Everyone
Isabella had signed the card before the voice had even finished explaining everything.

Most people would probably be too startled or confused to answer right away, and Isabella had definitely been leaning in that direction. The last thing she remembered was that creep who kept asking for her autograph. Usually she was all kinds of willing to build some sweet rep, but this particular dude had made a habit of sending some pretty bad videos directly to whatever P.O. box the band had. Usually creeps like that had the forethought to stay anonymous, but this one had been exceptionally proud of his creepiness. He didn't seem to realize that sending videos of himself screaming her name while going to town on himself sort of invalidated his claim to future interactions. Isabella was quick to explain it to him before calling some of the bouncers over, but then the twerp had the nerve to go pushing her.

Any other day she would've mopped the floor with him no sweat, she was renown for the violent guitar swinging she could bust out when one of her other band mantes were breaking down into a sick solo, he just happened to take her by surprise. The next bit was the confusing bit, because for a guy that scrawny Isabella suddenly felt as though she'd been hit by a truck! She thought maybe he had some bodybuilder brother or something, but the next thing she knew she was listening to the disembodied voice of spookiness tell her that she was definitely.... definitely dead. So... he probably got her hit by an actual truck...

Isabella was one-hundred percent ready to let loose every complaint she could muster, until the offer of a second chance was laid out on the table. Well, she was more specifically focused on the idea of starting over in a new world. Why'd the voice need to say anything else? Why did she have to care about anything else? A chance to shred in a completely different realm of music, a true musician like her had no such thing as scruples! And so the card was signed before the voice had finished, and Isabella was suddenly dropped in some big old hall.

Immediately checking to make sure she hadn't lost anything, Isabella initially glossed over the other people who'd appeared along with her. She couldn't focus on them right now, there were far more crucial matters at stake! Searching herself quickly, Isabella breathed a sigh of relief once she found that her girls were okay and that she was still hot as hell. With the high priority questions taken care of, she finally noticed that she wasn't exactly empty handed, with a large mace having been stuck in her grasp. She lifted an eyebrow before whipping the head off the mace up off the ground and onto her shoulder, realizing immediately that the thing was nowhere near as heavy as it should've been. In fact, was she always this ripped? Because she was feeling pretty damn ripped at that moment.

Though Isabella could've spent another hour marveling over how epic she looked, she finally tuned in to the folks around her, only just then realizing that they were in the same boat as her. Bunch of dudes and gals like herself who seemed to range from excited to suspicious of the whole deal, one dude claiming this was some kind of setup by a game company before trying to shout. Isabella raised an eyebrow at that, but merely shrugged before going along with his line of reasoning.

Bracing herself, Isabella reared back before releasing a triumphant "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" which exploded from her mouth with far more force than should be physically possible. The reverberations from her were enough to cause the ground to literally tremble beneath them, only growing in fervor once Isabella realized that whatever she was doing was no joke. The moment she finished she raised the mace above her head with both hands "Wooh! I ain't ever been able to bust some lung like that!" she cheered before leaning her weapon along her shoulder and laughing "Gettin' a crowd raving's gonna be easy as hell like this~!"

She placed a hand to her chin "This place got guitars, tho?" she shook her head before waving the thought off "Whatever, if it don't exist I'mma invent it."

With a goal firmly planted in her mind, she waved back to the others "Don't know about you guys but Mama Izzy needs the down low on this place's music game."

So without any hesitation, the young lady made for the door and opened it.

Reneé sighed. “This just feels so weird. Why me? Why us?”

She looked down at her card. Almost all of the information fit her when she was alive. Her skin was now a bit darker than it was in her previous life, but that wasn’t an issue. She read over her stats. At least I’m smarter here, she smiled to herself. Having a good magic score works wonders for those who dabble in it.

Out of nowhere, a large "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" rang through the hall and shook her to her core. “Goddamn!” was all that she could say before someone opened the door. So much for sticking together as a team. She gripped the sides of her clothing and slowly walked towards the door, stopping a few feet behind the door.

Still thrown off by the feminine voice she was now capable of producing Rynn slowly recovered from the small fits of laughter that were a product of the young man’s reference to Harry Potter. From what she could tell in the dim light, he had dark brown hair and would prove to be comedic relief for the group. As one of the other females was seemingly inspecting themselves, another one of the males in the group suggested grabbing the crystal as a means to have a way to see in the dark. Rynn recognizing the legitimacy of the idea began walking towards it. Just as she was about to lend a hand her senses were assaulted of all a sudden by a "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" and the ground shook beneath her.

Caught off guard Rynn closed her eyes and lurched forwarded to touch the crystal in an attempt to balance herself. But as her hand made contact she felt a pulse within the crystal that seemed to reverberate and warm her very being. Eyes still closed from the sudden onslaught she pushed herself off the crystal to stand straight up. Once the ringing in her head subsided she opened her eyes and was shocked to realize the colors in her sight were inverted. Everything that was once in color was now black and white. The only bit of color that was left appeared to be around the other occupants in the room. Rynn was so in awe her eyes started watering as she forgot to blink. But as she did so, her vision began bouncing back and forth before it was completely back to normal.

What… was...that? She thought. There wasn’t much time for thought as she noticed a few from their group began making their way through what appeared to be the only exit in the room. Narrowing her eyes in annoyance Rynn turned her attention back to the remainder in the group and cleared her throat to get their attention. “It would seem that those two have been decided to go first.” Rynn said with slight irritation in her voice. “My name is Rynn, and although we don’t know each other I would like to stick together as we all seem to be under similar circumstances.”

Somewhat pleased that they seemed more focused she continued, “That being said, are we all ready to move on?”

NeonFlow NeonFlow Kabochamp Kabochamp Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

Last edited:
Mike almost swooned as 'mama Izzy' shook the room with her voice and declared her intentions of finding music. "Oh captain my captain" he breathed with a smile, Others followed her lead towards the door. Mike was deciding if he was going to hit on the woman who literally made the floor shake with a cheer... the fights would be awful... But the sex would let everyone know I'm doing my job properly... wait she said guitar?
"Wait up!"
Mike broke from the group near the crystal to rush towards the door with the others. "as much as that idea would sell, playing music from our day in skyrim times might be hard to do... We would need a acoustic bass. That's hard to make... Like a drum is wood and skinned animals, some sort of metal for a snare"
Mike stopped rambling as the red head attempted to open the door.

As strong as her voice was however the door would not open, the hinges on this side indicate that the door would swing inwards once pulled. But the heavy wooden door seemed locked...
No keyhole was evident, but a strange design flashed upon the door briefly. Like neon purple magic circle graffiti.

Once everyone shut up... On the other side of the door was what sounded like a old man. "Is someone.... locked in the mages hall?... I thought I heard... some-thing?"
"Stonefort!" A younger man could be heard. "That noise came from the mage hall, you must fetch Ains and let him know of this development!"

The old man named stonefort hobbled away to fetch the royal mage.
The younger and louder voice begin to shout orders from the hallway the door leads to.
"behind the door! State your name, by the order of the guardsmen serving king Leo Sion"

Mike had a little giggle. "Whose got a good knock knock joke?"
------------
More just thinking out loud then Interactions---

Last edited:
Well this was... Something. Fred stood off to the side mostly keeping to himself. He was taking a bit of time to process the situation, so they were in, some kind of room, and judging by the people on the other side of the door this was some sorta mage thing. So this world was magic, and most likely not a monster induced fever dream. Fred wasn't trying to be THAT guy who just stood in the corner with a face covered behind a forest of long hair and a big dumb axe that seemed way to heavy for him to effectively use. Fred guessed he was being too cynical, what was good about this situation, welp, he wasn't being ripped apart by angry giant spiders, and he also wasn't being hit by a truck. Pretty weak pros but eh, whatever. And there was that explosion earlier that was kinda neat, he guessed.

Someguy called out for a knock knock joke, Fred wasn't the right guy for that. The only knock knock joke he knew was, knock knock, whos there, don't care, fuck off. It was funny to him, but uh. Probably wouldn't make a good impression on the locals so Fred did what he did best, he sat in a corner and was quiet. Fred was good at being quiet.

John Walker

"Don't worry, honey! You're going fine, you just have to hold on! The ambulance is on its way! It'll be here any moment now, you hear me?" she shouted, trying to hide the panic in her voice as she frantically attempted to plug the gaping hole in his abdomen.

John may not have been a doctor, but with amount of his blood that soaked the ground between him and the burning truck, it was obvious. He was dying, and they both knew it.

"I hear you..." he assured her, sounding exhausted.

His wife struggling to keep herself and him together wasn't the only thing he heard. A muffled groan arose from their soon to be conscious daughter that laid nearby. Seeing her quickly glance over, he knew she heard it too.

Requiring more effort than he was accustomed to, he grasped her crimson drenched hands, their gold bands glinting in the firelight, "Cheryl..."

Reading his intent, she shook her head adamantly, "No..." as the fragile facade crumbled, her sobs caused her voice to crack, "God... P-please... I c-can't leave... I won't..."

"I'll be fine. But she..." pausing to fight for a few more moments, "She doesn't need to see me like this."

The internal struggle of his other half was visible as her head continued to sway side to side. Her signature stubbornness made him smile, and if he'd been still able to, he might've laughed as well.

"Cheryl. I love you," he breathed, finding it difficult to focus on his wife's face, "But please..."

Even though her features were fading, he was saw her silent nod, finally agreeing to his last request.

After taking a moment to gather herself, she leaned forward and kissed him farewell before she rose to her feet. John closed his eyes and listened to her boots crunch against the gravel alongside the road. They would stop for only moment, before fading away with what they held most precious, leaving only the sound of the blaze devouring its meal to remain. As John gave in to the surging fatigue, even that would fade as well.

You died.
[...]
"So... There's really no going back, is there?" he murmured, slightly surprised by the red lettering that appeared before him. Not that he really needed the confirmation, since the nearest hospital was almost an hour away. As he pondered what a Pastafarian was, and why it was considered a religion, a quill and paper blinked into existence. This was soon followed by a disembodied voice that answered his now not so rhetorical question.

"No. There isn't. However, if you sign the paper, you'll be reincarnated, and given a bit of a jumpstart, albeit on another world, Aerth." the voice droned.

"Yeah, I read that. But isn't that where I just came from? And if I say no, will I go to heaven instead?" he queried, still sounding tired.

"It sounds similar, but has a different spelling, see?" the voice paused as the world's name appeared before John, "As for the other question, I don't think such a thing exists, but that's not my department. I just collect the signatures and get people on their way. Speaking of which, did I mention you get to utilize magic?"

"You mean like saying abracadabra and pulling a rabbit out of a hat?"

This elicited a long, almost uncomfortable, silence before the voice replied in it's unwavering standard, "Sure. Are you going to sign, or should I move on?"

Giving it some thought, John knew that there was really only one choice, "Well, as a good Christian, it would be wrong of me pass up the opportunity to help others. Even if it's on another world,"he explained while signing the dotted line.

"Right. Now there's really only one rule..." and the voice would go one to explain about his new weapon, "...You'll awaken in your body in a new world. Adapt, survive, fight evil, and praise the gods."

"Wait. Gods?" he asked, caught off guard by the plural version of the word. But the voice was gone, and his surrounding grew steadily brighter as a new world faded into being. In his hand was the card that the document turned into after signing.

While tucking the card away to examine later, he started to survey his surroundings, but became distracted when he couldn't find his back pocket, or any pocket for that matter. Instead of his usual clothing, he was wearing linen pocketless trousers and a tunic. At his hip, he found an empty pouch hanging from his belt. Pulling open the drawstring, he tucked the card in, and closed it back up. Although he'd barely noticed the weight at first, he was also wearing a sort of leather harness that carried his weapon, a trident. After a bit of haphazard movements, John was able to pull it out and examine it.

Listening to those around him, assuming that they were the "others" that the voice spoke of, they used a number of terms that he wasn't familiar with. Testing the weight of his weapon, albeit a bit longer, and made purely of metal, it weighed only a bit more than the long-handled tools he was used to. As he spun it over the back of his hand, like he would with other tools while bored, a deafening yell reverberated through the stone cathedral-esque room they were in, startling him.

"Good golly! Was that necessary?" he asked, looking for the source. By the time he realized that came from the red headed young woman, she was already attempting to make her exit.

After the ruckus, those that didn't head towards the door started to introduce themselves, "Name's John. I'll take a guess and assume y'all died too. Same here..." stopping suddenly as his mind replayed the event, requiring him to take a moment to stow it away for later. He was about to apologize, when the voice of a man penetrated the door that the redhead had tried to push through.

"Looks like someone's home. Guess we'll have to put the meet and greet on hold."

Interactions:
NeonFlow NeonFlow [Delinquent]
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter [Thrasher]
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon [Capitalist]
JayBird JayBird [Rynn]
Yahhah Yahhah [Mouse]
Kabochamp Kabochamp [Not Dragonborn]
Guilded Clover Guilded Clover [Potty Mouth]

Last edited:
The sudden shout from nearby made Sarah almost jump out of her skin! She was glad that the room was so dimly lit as her face started to burn but then the redhead who had produced the small earth-Aerthquake? Nevermind... Either way she had already reached the door even as Sarah rose a useless hand to to stop her. "Wait no! I meant carefully" she said, thinking of the many fantasy fights that started with a carelessly opened door.

A few other people in the group were introducing themselves so she sighed, laughed at how jumpy she was being today and turned to the group still gathered. "My name's Sarah, I'd be happy working together too" she stopped as she heard the voices behind the door, taking a deep breath. "I guess it's time for us to meet the people of our new world, huh?" She said and walked over to the group near the door.

~{Isabella}~
As that one dude tried so carelessly to temper her expectations under the iron boot of logistics and accurate prediction, Isabella rolled her eyes whilst trying the door. So what if making a guitar would be hard as balls to do? True music wouldn't be worth it if the end goal was easy to get to, even if she didn't know any metalworking, woodworking, hunting skinning or the twenty seven other steps that went into making an instrument. All of that was just window-shopping compared to the glory she was about to reign down on this ancient land.

She was about to tell him just as much as she attempted to yank the door open, but the voices on the other side halted her. Some old guy and a younger dude who immediately demanded they explain what they were doing in there. While the dude behind her suggested a knock knock joke, Isabella briefly considered just breaking the door down so she could get to them sweet sweet musical beats. But she couldn't do that, these were her potential audience, and she wasn't exactly able to sus out whether they would get pumped or pissed at the breaking stuff approach.

So she did what any good musician did when greeted by their audience, and let the hype flow.

"Name? I got plenty of titles, brother."
Isabella leaned against the wall besides the door. She let her mace hang at her side while using her free hand to count them off "I'm the Shredder of all tunes which may threaten the joys of the masses, the infinite rhythm that beats within the hearts of the people."

She raised a fist towards the ceiling as she continued listing off titles "I'm that feeling in your soul when no chains may hold you back, the righteous indignation rising against the oppression of doubt, the rejuvenated blood flow of a triple-bypass."

"But!"
she interrupted her own speech "The children may know me as Countess Isabella, former Lead Guitarist of the Tempest Rebellion scheduled on weekends and Fridays."

After what she considered a suitable amount of hype had been built for her inevitable performance, she gave the door a passive little knock before nodding towards the rest of the group "Me and my entourage have been called to this realm, Brother. My presence would never have been gained unless my riffs were desired by the very world itself!"

The guard behind the door was somewhat clueless to the words Isabella spoke. The part about being from another realm seemed to strike a note though.

“You were called to this realm?... you do sound different... I can’t think of how anyone could get locked inside Ain’s hall... remain calm as when master Ains undoes the lock of this door I shall have fifteen men waiting to see if you speak truth... offer no resistance and no harm shall come to you or your entourage.”

The guard gave a dismissive chuckle “though this would be the first time the gods have sent musicians to aid humanity...”

Mike smirked as he walked to the door giving it a knock and a kick determining if he could improvise a beat “I can prove I’m a bard from another world, I can sing to anything and nothing”
The door flashed symbols of purple so instead he decided on slaps stomps and claps as he introduced himself...

"im Mike Ceel the man called Emcee
Sent by the gods so listen to me,
Here to make you bounce cheer mosh or squeal
So make me a meal and do as I feel
I ain’t got a band but the powers in my hand I just need musicians with some skill that's grand
To meet my demand it won’t ever be bland it's hot sauce i trot like a horse I'll birdie this world like a golf course
the time is now I'll fucking plough
through the competition with no repetition and some mad precision to burn the opposition like its nucular fission
It’s My decision making sure to do my mission
catching hearts like I was fishing I be-“

Mike was cut off by the guard...
“Shenanigans beard, i get it!... you don’t have to rhyme until the wizard gets here...”
“Well I could.”
Mike insisted a bit annoyed he was interrupted.

“Master ains is old you see... I’m sure he should be here soon... no one else can open this door”
“hey can we get some food? Something spicy”
“Let’s determine you aren’t spies first ok?”
The guard pinched the bridge of his nose with a mutter “just my luck to discover not heroes... but bards.”

Last edited:
Rynn looked on at everything with a deadpanned expression. It was clear that the ones called Michael and Isabella not only had the most energy out of the group but possessed an uncanny ability to blatantly disregard the situation at hand. Perhaps it was a coping mechanism? It certainly wasn’t out of the realm of possibilities but somehow Rynn still doubted it. It could just be their excitement at being reincarnated. I mean if I said I didn’t have a certain level of enthusiasm at having a second chance; to being able to literally reinvent myself then I’d be lying.

Amused at her last thought Rynn decided to take a seat. Now sitting cross-legged on the stone floor of what was known as the Mage Hall, she unsheathed the dagger at her hip and started to trace her fingers along the blade. She had a feeling they weren’t getting out of this room anytime soon.

Sarah had just made her way to the door when Isabella began hyping herself up and her face fell a little. There went her good first impression. It was clear that these two were going to be a handful. At least they would be entertaining in less pressing situations.

Just as she was about to speak up and let the person on the other side of the door know that they weren't all musicians, Mike joined in and started introducing himself with a rhyme. She watched with her mouth open the while time, starting to feel a little nervous. She consoled herself by glancing over at the other people assembled. Rynn seemed to be just as surprised as she was by the new developments, which was soothing.

She sighed and unintentionally mirrored the guard on the other side of the door as he accepted their introductions as bards. "I would like to add that not everyone gathered here are musicians, sorry, bards. I consider myself to be a hydrologist and I'm sure the others will have different skills to offer up" she said when there was a break in the shenanigans of the two others at the door.

She said make sure to give herself a mental slap on the wrists when she finished, having already decided not to be bound to the choices she made in her past life. Well, at least the water powers might help explain that blunder away.

The guard thought about what the new voice said, "hydrologic?... How many people are in there?"
Mike turned to take a head count. "Nine... eight maybe.... someone's on the floor and hasn't got up." A bit of worry etched into his voice as he noticed a woman on the ground.
( Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen )

"Nine?! Nine other worldly souls summoned to one place?... this is unheard of.." The guard was quiet for a moment "I have twenty men here waiting for master ains so you know."
"oi it was fifteen before wasn't it."
"...I'm captain of the guards I have two hundred men at my disposal!"
Mike threw his hands up in mock surrender "Oh usopp the great I tremble" he muttered rolling his eyes.

"Nine souls, in my hall Sir Fie... please step aside and I shall unlock the door"
A voice that seemed to penetrate the walls despite coming from what sounded like a kind and frail old man.
The door disappeared in a flash to reveal a man in dark blue robes, a long white beard with a head of hair neatly tied back. His presence was like someone watching your very thought process, like a higher power was judging your soul.
"welcome dear souls to Restag, You may call me Ains. I am royal mage appointed by king Leo Sion."
The old man took a breath before Continuing to talk,
"we are currently inside the walls of Dunwel in king Sions castle. I'm sure he would like to hold audience with you all, but I offer you a warm meal and a nights rest if you all would choose so. A good night sleep and a full stomach to help take in the information tomorrow will hold... I can also take a look at the lady who seems to have collapsed by the altar."

Mike stepped back as the door disappeared and tried to remain stoic as a overwhelming pressure seemed to radiate off the feeble old man who came up to his neck in height. Mike just nodded "yes I'd like food...Pl, thanks.."
It was the first time since maybe primary school Mike felt like the smallest voice in the room.

"of course, dear hunter. But I shall see to the needs of the many before individual requests. As well as see if your fellow soul shall make it."
In a rushed hobble and clanking of a grand wooden staff Ains slowly made his way towards the crystal. Giving a friendly "hello,"
To any he past along the way.

Last edited:
Reneé rolled her eyes at Micheal and Isabella’s exchange. How could they be so hyped at a time like this? All of us just died and came back to life in some D&D ripoff world with only one weapon and a business card. But she couldn’t deny that their confidence was infectious and a nice break from thinking about trying to survive in a foreign world.

She stepped closer to the door. “Well, I’m Reneé, and I can play piano, so I guess that makes three bards. Getting the band together and all that. Wait, do pianos exist in this world?”

Before getting any answers, a flash of light replaced the door with an old man, the wizard perhaps? She could feel his presence surrounding her, but not bearing down on her. He said something about letting the group stay the night and rattled off a bunch of names she didn’t recognize.

“Thank you for letting us stay the night. I just hope that we don’t have to do anything crazy.”

~{Isabella}~
Mention:
NeonFlow NeonFlow Kabochamp Kabochamp Guilded Clover Guilded Clover Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen JayBird JayBird
The guard didn't seem to get Isabella's mad declaration of power, instead focusing on the part about them being summoned. The dude next to her, Mike? tried tagging in with some raps. The initial attempt to make a beat on the door displayed some kind of protective mumbo jumobo glowing on it. Soon Isabella was torn, because despite Mike's rap-game sounded absolutely amateur, his beats were kinda fire... at least a little bit. The dude outside wasn't having any of it though, interrupting him before imploring them to wait for his boss.

Rynn seemed desperate to convince him that not all of them were musicians, but Isabella was fairly certain she was the only musician here. That was cool, about to revolutionize the world once she got a guitar in her hands. Mike and the guard dude then started arguing over how many guards could possibly be out there waiting for them. But before that could go on for too long another voice from outside jumped in, the door practically vanishing to reveal said voice's owner. Despite the definite vocals on the guy, Isabella seemed incapable of grasping the importance of his presence, giving him a casual "Sup bro?" despite the overwhelming power radiating off him.

Renee took that opportunity to introduce herself, unknowingly garnering Isabella's attention with her admittance to knowing how to play piano. That was useful information, but all Isabella really cared about was if those skills could be translated to a keyboard. A keyboard she could definitely rock with. Moreover, the mystical old guy was offering them to either eat and sleep or meet the king right away. Apparently, some were pretty tired by the whole reincarnation thing. Especially the chick still on the floor. If anything, Isabella was only feeling more and more pumped.

"Nah, I think I wanna see this king guy as fast I can, brother." Isabella stated as she once more leaned her mace along her back "If he's the top dog then he should know all about what kinda mystical musical musings people making. An electric guitar can blow the roof off a stadium, but a magical guitar?"

She gave Mike a too-hard elbow nudge "That kinda shredding's likely to tear up the whole town! Sides, I wanna know what kinda gigs make the big bucks around here, gotta save up if I'mma bring Tempest Rebellion to a whole new realm of existence."

John Walker

While the rambunctious behavior was at odds with John's persona, being vexed was quickly losing priority to the reality of the situation. They were all in a world that was not their own, and if they were all similarly equipped as he was, they had next to nothing. No family, friends, or anyone to rely on other than perhaps each other.

The old man's authority, welcoming demeanor, and robes reminded him somewhat of a bishop. But despite the friendliness, he counseled caution to himself. History on Earth had showed that kings were not to be taken lightly, regardless of their principles.

“I’d prefer a meal, and some time to settle. Besides I know nothing of your people, or king; and don't want to accidentally ruffle feathers,” announcing his opinion before gesturing towards the prone girl with concern, "Perhaps give her a chance to wake up as well."

John figured he could keep out of trouble by keeping his mouth shut for the most part, but for some reason, doubted he could say the same for the others. At least, until he knew them better, which could be done to some extent over a meal.

Interaction: NeonFlow NeonFlow

Mike ignored whatever the red head was trying to insinuate as she nudged him.
Ains gave a chuckle as he heard Isbella imagine out loud about guitars and gigs. Almost as if he could read her mind she corrected her on some things...
"dear warrior, your enthusiasm is welcome... But no matter how much money you save your fellow band mates are unable to join you here."
Once close enough to the tired maybe dead woman on the ground Ains gave a mutter with a wave of his grand staff for the woman to dissappear. She reappeared in a bed elsewhere but none apart from Ains would know that...

Ains didnt need to read Johns mind to understand his words of not knowing the king or the people. The wizard smiled as he shuffled past the man.
As Ains shuffled towards the space a door used to be he continued. "while meeting Top dog as you say is important... I believe some of you more then others should take a night to rest. I would also insist that you souls stick together... at least while in Dunwel"

Mike was about to speak but Ains raised a hand as he shuffled over, touching the mans forhead to literally pull words from his head.
"i apologise...sir Fie interuppting your song put you on edge... I for one enjoy how each of your brains work... so different and complex to those native to Aerth... you started working me into your words and I've only been here a moment"

Get down and bow call out
‘M-C Sama
We promise on our lives we won’t cause no drama!’
As I be sent here by the gods no lie
So if you wanna face the gods you’ll surely die
I be the damn man with a bam plan who runs it
I’ll slam ma’am’s Make glam jams go yea yea and bust shit
Got a sharp disc, I’ll throw it
And remove ya head
with a fist just ike grit and it Will leave y’all dead

-
Unless I’m drunk and high and have a maiden in my bed!
Watch me slip and slide like it’s snowing with a sled
Down a hill with amazing skill
some depth perception that’s off the bill
Hand eye coordination that can kill
The boy be limitless without a pill

-
And he just need a beat
A beat that provides and adequate heat
A beat with heat to make you move your feet
A beat with heat to move your feet to retreat as I am the boss that you can’t defeat!

-
Better then whatever when I change the weather
giant woke from a slumber
Thunder from down under
Can call me hell but in a walking form
A symphony of your defeat to always scorn

-
There goes Mike C bestest bard to ever be
better then a silly little old fool who looks like me
every step he ever takes makes me want to pee
if he would just spare me I’d be filled with such glee
-
see when your one of God’s chosen?
You have the ability to render people frozen
Dead in their tracks just from making a speech

Make knees weak and feel bleak without being in reach....
As the words were pulled from Mike's head a look of surprise that turned into shock and then a overwhelming feeling of satisfaction
"I.... think that helped... I was gonna keep going but I figured I shouldn't if the wizard was going to..."
With a gentle smile Ains shushed him. "worry not of Fie or myself... do not stress. Your song will return to you... you don't need to breathe it back in."
Mike turned a shade red As the wizard answered questions no one asked.

"normally I would escort you to king Sion but with eight souls here, it may be to much for the Nobles to take in. Knights and mages are welcome all through Dunwel, But those designated as a hunter are forced to face... prejudice... I shall spend some time answering any questions you ask. Castle sion will provide food and shelter for the night... as tomorrow you will most likely be living rough. Take this opportunity to learn."
With a wave of his staff all in his hall found themselves standing in a different room. Eight beds along the walls, large table with bottles of something and plates of food.
Fruits that looked familiar and some that looked purely alien.
Bread and what must have been cheese of various kinds.

Ains spoke again "I shall answer and provide anything I am able to"
-----------------------
If you want to timeskip straight to the morning I shall do so in the next post.
If your character has questions you can ask then in game or OOC to save time. I will answer any questions to the best of Ains knowledge as I want to progress this plot but I want it to make sense in regards to characters and what would happen in a isekai adventure.

Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen
JayBird JayBird
Guilded Clover Guilded Clover
Yahhah Yahhah
Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon
Fletchawk Fletchawk
Kabochamp Kabochamp
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Last edited:
Fred continued his silence staying out of all the conversations. Sure he might have just been reincarnated in some weird fantasy world didn't mean he wanted to socialize unless absolutely nessecary. He watched with a bit of masked annoyance as somebody started, rapping? Okay fair enough whatever. And of course the lord of the house walked in. Maybe that should take precedence over the rapping but Fred wasnt the best when it came to having his priorities straight.

And there was the kicker. They were expected to be heroes, Fred supposed he should've guessed that, seeing as this seemed like it was ripped straight from an isekai, minus the part about the protagonist being given god like powers for no reason. But that wasn't for sure, maybe it was just that Fred wasn't the protagonist. Then he shook his head and got rid of the existential bull crap. But if he was gonna be some kind of hero than not to sound like he lacked any faith in himself, but yeah he was probably done for. Fred Blainey is just a normal dude, who has no idea at al how to fight, but hey maybe he'd be reincarnated again, hopefully as a rose bush. Rose bushes were pretty, and normally weren't expected to be world saving heroes. Wait, how far in did this reincarnating go. Eh plenty of time to think on that seeing as these lips were sealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back